IMG_1652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9898 (resized).JPG
C1CF181A-F188-4A4F-86EC-5373CF553C40 (resized).jpeg
Paragon detail24.jpg
Paragon detail23.jpg
Paragon detail20.jpg
Paragon detail21.jpg
Paragon detail22.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#65 11 months ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

I understand what you’re saying, but if I sell it for $6500 and they’re going for double that say five years from now, you just feel really bad selling it too low, as it’s happened to all of us and me many times lately. I did a seminar at pinball expo on game prices in 2019 going up and even then sold a very nice Quicksilver for $4500, which sounds high, and I was happy getting that, but we all know now what a really nice quicksilver goes for today, nearly double that. Actually, that quicksilver was priced at near $8900, and people thought that was way too high, but that was actually right where it would be today. So I’m not trying to price to this Paragon too high, I’m just trying to price this super nice game for closer to what it will be worth down the road, and it still would be a super investment at my asking price, as I’m sure it will be worth we’ll over $10k.

With that logic then I'd suggest not selling it at all. You basically just said in a round about way that you're trying to sell your Paragon right now for an amount it might be worth in the future because pinball prices always go up. Selling anything in life doesn't work that way. You sell for current market value. You have the right to try, but things just don't work this way. So you want to sell at a price it could potentially go to in the future?

You do realize you could take the $6,500 and buy another pinball machine, then that machine could go up in value so your money is safe?

#66 11 months ago

Another way of looking at this is you want to take any $$$ appreciation on the pin that the next buyer would get if he holds onto it for 5 years. So instead of the buyer getting the increased value in 5 years, you want it right now for yourself?

#70 11 months ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

No, I wasn’t saying that. If you read the last thing I say is this Paragon will be worth well over 10k in my opinion, so I was saying it would still be a good investment at $7k. I’m just saying if anyone is interested, I do not believe my price is too high considering the condition that’s all. This game really is immaculate, it’s hard to describe, but just imagine a game with virtually no plays on it that looks new, but is actually old. I have a lot of nice HUO games, but not this nice. I may not sell it, but if anyone is considering, it I’m sure they’ll be thinking down the road I wished I’d bought that Paragon. I’m buying machines today paying 4X what they were worth 10 years ago, but I still feel it’s a good investment. Just depends if you’re looking for a particular machine and you want the best example you can find.

I hear ya. I'm the opposite of the price police, I think people should be able to ask whatever they want, but that doesn't mean they'll get it. I tried to get 4k for my really super nice Baywatch this year at MGC, it sat there the entire weekend with no buyers. I had to go down to $3,600 to move it along. In 5 years it'll probably be worth 5K if it's in the same condition still.

I've owned many HUO pins. I had an STTNG that had only 30 lifetime plays on it that would probably be worth 4k more than I sold it years ago. We've all been in the exact same position as you, many times over. You don't have to sell us on the condition of it anymore, we believe you. I've had a Fastbreak and a Stargate that were darn close to HUO and it's tough to convey to people how nice they are compared to the beaters out there. I had a night and day difference between my first Stargate and the 2nd one. The first one was a typical beat up arcade machine with a couple hundred thousand plays probably. It worked fine, but it looked a little rough. My 2nd one looked like it was opened yesterday, and when I went to sell it nobody seemed to care much.

I think you just need to make a decision whether you really want to let it go or not. I've had seller's remorse also but that's just he way it goes. FYI, I've been looking for a Paragon for over 10 years now. I've had my chances at buying one many times over, but for one reason or another did not pull the trigger. I grew up with a Paragon in our house as a small kid, I played it all the time with my sister and parents, it was awesome. I have a lot of fond memories of that game and really want one. I was going to PM you an offer of $5,500 but you were offered $6,500 so it seemed pointless, I would take the $6,500 but that's your decision.

It's a great game, brutal, and beautiful. But in reality it doesn't hold up to modern games in a colleciton. Just my opinion. I want one for the nostalgia and artwork. I already know from my childhood that the game is a cruel drain monster that'll leave you crying. LOL!

#73 11 months ago

If anyone knows of another Paragon like this or even better a restored one with a new playfield I'm definitely in the market for one. This pin has a lot of sentimental value for me as I grew up with one in the home. I'd be in the 4k to 5.5k range depending on condition. Reach out to me if anyone wants to sell. I'd like one similar to the restored one trilogybeer sold awhile back, I almost pulled the trigger on that one, probably should have. HUO would be great also but 6.5k is out of my comfort zone on a Paragon. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pcprogrammer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-truly-amazing-all-original-huo-paragon-?tu=pcprogrammer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.