IMG_1652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9898 (resized).JPG
C1CF181A-F188-4A4F-86EC-5373CF553C40 (resized).jpeg
Paragon detail24.jpg
Paragon detail23.jpg
Paragon detail20.jpg
Paragon detail21.jpg
Paragon detail22.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Truly amazing all original HUO Paragon

Added: 2022-09-28 16:57:22 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (May 8th, 2023) • Ended: June 20th, 2023
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 7,499 (OBO)

Open for offers

Up for sale is a truly amazing HUO Bally Paragon. This all-original survivor example has the nicest non-faded cabinet I've ever seen, along with a perfect original backglass and playfield, which shows virtually no wear whatsoever. It plays perfectly and is a true gem to play an all original machine in like-new condition.
Although the game didn't really need much cleaning due to its low play, it still has been completely shopped starting with the playfield, which was stripped down/cleaned/waxed. All new rubber rings were added and plastics were carefully cleaned. Still features the all original drop targets, spinner, pop bumper caps and flipper bats, which show zero wear or fading, amazing! The digital displays are very crisp and sharp, while all the original boards are working perfectly.
I truly feel this may very well be the nicest all original survivor Paragon in existence. It really needs to be seen to be believed and appreciated. It has the original manual and paperwork, plus the original bill of sale. If you're looking for a perfect example of a Bally Paragon, then search no longer, as this is the game you're looking for.
Let me know if you have anymore questions or would like more pictures. I'm willing to drive the machine for a fee, just let me know where you're located and could also potentially meet halfway. I prefer not to ship, but will do so if the buyer arranges for the machine to be picked up, but I'd rather this machine be picked up here due to the immaculate condition. Thank you.

Item photos

Paragon detail7.jpg
Paragon detail11.jpg
Paragon detail20.jpg
Paragon detail8.jpg
Paragon detail9.jpg
Paragon detail15.jpg
Paragon detail13.jpg
Paragon detail1.jpg
Paragon detail10.jpg
Paragon detail16.jpg
Paragon detail4.jpg
Paragon detail23.jpg
Paragon detail21.jpg
Paragon detail24.jpg
Paragon detail5.jpg
Paragon detail17.jpg
Paragon detail18.jpg
Paragon detail22.jpg
Paragon detail19.jpg
Paragon detail2.jpg
Paragon detail3.jpg
Paragon detail25.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Classics_Master's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Classics_Master's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Jackson, KY, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 185.00
Displays
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

#2 1 year ago

omg! thank god i don't live anywhere near you. i'd be out almost 10G's. unbelievably nice.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

omg! thank god i don't live anywhere near you. i'd be out almost 10G's. unbelievably nice.

Thanks, yes it really is amazing to be this nice for its age. Game is like a time capsule, and most likely never saw the sunlight. Even the original spinner and drops show no wear where the ball hits them. I’d say seriously less than a few thousand plays is all this game ever saw, if even that.

#4 1 year ago

Wow, that is nice!

#5 1 year ago

Sweet looking original machine. Very jealous.
Glwts
-Mike

#6 1 year ago

Holy sh*t!

#7 1 year ago

Wow, I've owned a few Paragons and that one is amazing. Are the inserts cupped or pretty flat? Recommend whoever gets that puts a playfield protector or clears to keep that great original finish. Amazing the blacks around inserts are pretty much in tact. GLWS.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Wow, I've owned a few Paragons and that one is amazing. Are the inserts cupped or pretty flat? Recommend whoever gets that puts a playfield protector or clears to keep that great original finish. Amazing the blacks around inserts are pretty much in tact. GLWS.

The inserts are like new from what I can tell, plays perfectly. I’d say this game belongs more in a museum and left “as is”, not often you find a game with all original coils, displays and boards in this condition

#9 1 year ago

everyone calm down, it is still a paragon.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I’m sure you could offer him 500 less and that would cover shipping.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

He knows that!

Wish I were closer is a respectful way of both praising the game but saying it’s just not quite right for you.

Also some people
Don’t want to get a game like that shipped.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from woody76:

everyone calm down, it is still a paragon.

Well…. No, it’s not just a Paragon, it’s most likely the nicest all original Paragon in existence.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

while you're negotiating for the seller, would you take $2500?

#14 1 year ago

Crazy nice machine wow

#15 1 year ago

Wow that is nice.

#16 1 year ago

This and that near mint Shadow make me ask

C1CF181A-F188-4A4F-86EC-5373CF553C40 (resized).jpegC1CF181A-F188-4A4F-86EC-5373CF553C40 (resized).jpeg
#17 1 year ago

Beautiful machine. You don’t find games from this era in this condition very often.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Beautiful machine. You don’t find games from this era in this condition very often.

Thanks, yes they are nearly impossible to find nowadays. Most of my collection is now older EM’s and a few SS, but I was fortunate to find some of these HUO examples over the years. What you really appreciate is just how clean under the playfield is as well. The game really looks like it’s brand new, yet it’s 43 years old, hard to believe how these survivors stay so fresh.

#19 1 year ago

I had a very similar condition Black Hole which I sold recently and was blown away every time I looked at it. Stunning.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I had a very similar condition Black Hole which I sold recently and was blown away every time I looked at it. Stunning.

I’ve had several games over the years that are in this same league and they really do stand out so much more than the average nice machine. The problem today is that it’s nearly impossible to find an all original example anywhere. I’ve known people that have put in nearly as much as what I’m asking for this pristine original Paragon, yet those are all restored games? I just do not care for the reproduction backglass on many games I’ve seen, they don’t mask off the dark areas enough and the lamps kinda shine through most everything, just not the same as the original. And same with the cabinets, I’ve had a restored Bally Kiss and Power Play once, yet super nice, just wasn’t the same. I guess I’m just a purist and big fan of EM’s. I’m now trying to fill my collection with games as this Paragon, but it’s a challenge.

#22 1 year ago

#23 1 year ago

I also have a HUO Paragon, but yours looks a tad cleaner. Gorgeous. Even tough my original boards worked fine, I believe I put the Altek boards in mine...

I totally agree the reproduction back glass for this title is awful. The repro PF is actually quite nice...I have a beauty, but will likely never install it (since the original PF is so sweet).

Will be interesting to see what it sells for. GLWTS.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I also have a HUO Paragon, but yours looks a tad cleaner. Gorgeous. Even tough my original boards worked fine, I believe I put the Altek boards in mine...
I totally agree the reproduction back glass for this title is awful. The repro PF is actually quite nice...I have a beauty, but will likely never install it (since the original PF is so sweet).
Will be interesting to see what it sells for. GLWTS.

That’s cool, yes there can’t be too many true HUO Paragons out there. Congrats! Post some pics of yours, would love to see it! What helped keep my game so nice as is that it spent nearly all its life in a basement with no windows, that’s where there is zero fade. I have yet to see an original Paragon with the reds as bold as this one. Plus doesn’t have many plays either.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

That’s cool, yes there can’t be too many true HUO Paragons out there. Congrats! Post some pics of yours, would love to see it! What helped keep my game so nice as is that it spent nearly all its life in a basement with no windows, that’s where there is zero fade. I have yet to see an original Paragon with the reds as bold as this one. Plus doesn’t have many plays either.

Thanks for asking...I just snapped these. Since it's in the corner, I didn't move it (so the cabinet isn't in full view). I think you can likely see the original reds are still pretty bright. Mine has likely had many plays, but you wouldn't know it from the condition. I don't see any real insert wear, but there is some cupping (from the heat of the bulbs). The plastics were warped when I got it...I flattened them in the sun A small red button was installed by the original owner to allow him to start a game without fiddling with the coin door/mech. There is no mylar installed in front of the slings! I thought the games shipped with mylar from the factory, but apparently not. I actually prefer no mylar (which can cause the ball to jump a bit). Even without the mylar, there is no sling wear I can see.

IMG_1649 (resized).jpegIMG_1649 (resized).jpegIMG_1652 (resized).jpegIMG_1652 (resized).jpegIMG_1655 (resized).jpegIMG_1655 (resized).jpegIMG_1658 (resized).jpegIMG_1658 (resized).jpegIMG_1660 (resized).jpegIMG_1660 (resized).jpeg
#26 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks for asking...I just snapped these. Since it's in the corner, I didn't move it (so the cabinet isn't in full view). I think you can likely see the original reds are still pretty bright. Mine has likely had many plays, but you wouldn't know it from the condition. I don't see any real insert wear, but there is some cupping (from the heat of the bulbs). The plastics were warped when I got it...I flattened them in the sun A small red button was installed by the original owner to allow him to start a game without fiddling with the coin door/mech. There is no mylar installed in front of the slings! I thought the games shipped with mylar from the factory, but apparently not. I actually prefer no mylar (which can cause the ball to jump a bit). Even without the mylar, there is no sling wear I can see.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Drool on both of these gorgeous games. I just started my Paragon shop job today. Not nearly the condition of these gems.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that’s so cool! Looks so much like my game, that’s awesome man

#28 1 year ago

snaroff Classics_Master

Can you guys please just get into an offering war already, so I can get this machine for closer to $5k?

#29 1 year ago

Wow that’s so cool! Looks so much like my game, that’s awesome man

Thanks...they do look very similar. I picked mine up 10 years ago...paid 2k for it and 1k for an NOS Paragon Playfield. Sold the Kruzman restored PF to a Pinsider - decided to stick with the original PF (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nos-paragon-pf-restoredcleared-by-ron-kruzman-in-june-2013). When I purchased the pair, I really didn't know quite how beautiful the example was (since it was stored in a warehouse and needed to be shopped). At the time, I remember other collectors saying I paid too much for it I never have a problem paying up for quality...these pristine examples are rare beasts, indeed!

#30 1 year ago

Stunning example of the game. I have a Black Knight that's similar to this, was one of the Time Travel Warehouse batch of NIB Black Knights. No longer in the box when I found it though (and what a story that is), and I've never played it so as not to put any wear on the playfield.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thanks...they do look very similar. I picked mine up 10 years ago...paid 2k for it and 1k for an NOS Paragon Playfield. Sold the Kruzman restored PF to a Pinsider - decided to stick with the original PF (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-nos-paragon-pf-restoredcleared-by-ron-kruzman-in-june-2013). When I purchased the pair, I really didn't know quite how beautiful the example was (since it was stored in a warehouse and needed to be shopped). At the time, I remember other collectors saying I paid too much for it I never have a problem paying up for quality...these pristine examples are rare beasts, indeed!

The reason these pristine Paragons are worth at least $8K+ in my opinion is where they cost so much to restore a rough example. I’ve heard of people putting a ton of money into making a Paragon, where if you’re putting say $6k into making a nice Paragon, wouldn’t it just be worth it to pay a little more for a pristine nice example?? The only hard part is finding these examples, but if it’s your favorite game, it’s well worth it. I’ve payed a lot for certain games over the years, but it’s well worth the extra money in my opinion, but I’m a purist and like original nice machines.

#32 1 year ago

9850 is ridiculous.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

9850 is ridiculous.

Well, theoretically, ALL game prices are ridiculous right now. I remember when I bought my NIB Simpsons Pinball Party back in the day, it was $3500. New pinball’s today are crazy expensive compared to that. I just can’t imagine paying what these new premium games are going for. So, considering this Paragon is 43 years old and this nice, makes it like a one of a kind machine, and a rarity. I just personally would rather have a gem of a classic than a new run if the mill game at the prices they’re going for, so that’s all. The price may be ridiculous to you, just like new game prices are ridiculous to me.

#34 1 year ago

Well, theoretically, ALL game prices are ridiculous right now.

True for a lot of games, for sure...but not ALL. The crazy money is usually focused on a handful of titles...before the CGC remakes, AFM/MM/MB were the darlings of pinball. I had a HEP AFM, Keller MM, and original MB...all good games, but they all got old to me. Of the 3, AFM lasted the longest (8 years). Despite being a loved title restored by a beloved restorer (Chris Hutchins), I lost 3k when I sold it in 2018 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-attack-from-mars)! The most I've ever lost on a game, and I've had many.

Right after selling the HEP AFM, I purchased a TRON LE for $10,500. At the time, the price was considered quite high. It "sat" on Pinside for many months before I decided to buy it. Sold it 2 years later (at the height of COVID hysteria) and got full price soon after listing it. Here is the ad (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249)...notice the 28 "thumbs down" on my $21,000 listing price Considering it sold quickly for full price, if Pinside rating were smart/fair, all this thumb downs would flip to thumbs up PS: If you look at my TRON FS ad, you'll notice kklank busting my balls as well (so don't take it personally...some folks are perennial, virtual "Karens" when it comes to FS ads).

Back to beloved 80's games...the last 80's game I sold was Fathom (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-19). This game also sold very quickly for full price. Considering this sale is over 3.5 years old now, I imagine this example would easily sell for 10k today. This isn't necessarily proof that your pricing it right, but I think it's close. You and I admire the rare beauties/survivors from this era, but a lot of the money today gravitates toward the new Stern titles. God forbid Stern builds a game without ramps (like Beatles)...people freak out, saying it's old/cheap/etc

In any event, it's cool you haven't received any downvotes on your pricing...a good sign! Paragon is a stunning game, and we have 2 of the best examples for sure. Personally, I will never sell mine. It will be handed down to my kids when the time comes

#35 1 year ago

Wow I thought my Paragon was the fairest of them all! I wish my inserts looked that flat! Glwts and Dennis go hit the start button on that Black Knight and enjoy her!!

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Stunning example of the game. I have a Black Knight that's similar to this, was one of the Time Travel Warehouse batch of NIB Black Knights. No longer in the box when I found it though (and what a story that is), and I've never played it so as not to put any wear on the playfield.

You have a beautiful collection! Kind of surprised you would worry about wear on the PF (and avoid playing it). Most games (especially from that era) are pretty darn resilient and don't wear easily! I have a NIB LOTR that likely has 10-20k plays (was in a free play arcade for 1 month, been to shows, etc.) and still looks fresh/new. These games are incredibly over engineered for home use!

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

True for a lot of games, for sure...but not ALL. The crazy money is usually focused on a handful of titles...before the CGC remakes, AFM/MM/MB were the darlings of pinball. I had a HEP AFM, Keller MM, and original MB...all good games, but they all got old to me. Of the 3, AFM lasted the longest (8 years). Despite being a loved title restored by a beloved restorer (Chris Hutchins), I lost 3k when I sold it in 2018 (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-attack-from-mars)! The most I've ever lost on a game, and I've had many.
Right after selling the HEP AFM, I purchased a TRON LE for $10,500. At the time, the price was considered quite high. It "sat" on Pinside for many months before I decided to buy it. Sold it 2 years later (at the height of COVID hysteria) and got full price soon after listing it. Here is the ad (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249)...notice the 28 "thumbs down" on my $21,000 listing price Considering it sold quickly for full price, if Pinside rating were smart/fair, all this thumb downs would flip to thumbs up PS: If you look at my TRON FS ad, you'll notice kklank busting my balls as well (so don't take it personally...some folks are perennial, virtual "Karens" when it comes to FS ads).
Back to beloved 80's games...the last 80's game I sold was Fathom (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-19). This game also sold very quickly for full price. Considering this sale is over 3.5 years old now, I imagine this example would easily sell for 10k today. This isn't necessarily proof that your pricing it right, but I think it's close. You and I admire the rare beauties/survivors from this era, but a lot of the money today gravitates toward the new Stern titles. God forbid Stern builds a game without ramps (like Beatles)...people freak out, saying it's old/cheap/etc
In any event, it's cool you haven't received any downvotes on your pricing...a good sign! Paragon is a stunning game, and we have 2 of the best examples for sure. Personally, I will never sell mine. It will be handed down to my kids when the time comes

Great informative post here. It’s just so strange to me on game prices. I remember when the lower tier Williams games could be purchased for $1,500 or less all the time. Back in the day, (early 2000’s) I bought a WCS for $1000, Fish Tales for $1400, Shadow for $1500 and same price for a Who Dunnit. At that time, the very high end games were only Monster Bash, Addams Family Gold, MM, and attack from mars, all of which were still less than $4000 at that time. It just amazes me to see faded out Fish tales selling now at $6000+. Seems that Jack Bot is one of the few Williams DMD games that’s not selling for crazy money these days, and it’s still not cheap.

Looking back, there’s a lot of older 80’s games I’d sold that I’d pay dearly to get back. So the pricing today is well worth what it is for a game such as these Paragons that are just SO nice. As a collector, I would pay more for an original survivor than try and restore or scratch build a game. Only way I’d consider that is if the game just virtually doesn’t exist or very, very hard to find. Pretty much how Tim Arnold scratch built a TKO, I can see that, but if the game is out there and I was in the market for a survivor HUO 80’s game or say a new Stern at the same price, no question I’d buy the older game.

#38 1 year ago

Great informative post here. It’s just so strange to me on game prices. I remember when the lower tier Williams games could be purchased for $1,500 or less all the time. Back in the day, (early 2000’s) I bought a WCS for $1000, Fish Tales for $1400, Shadow for $1500 and same price for a Who Dunnit. At that time, the very high end games were only Monster Bash, Addams Family Gold, MM, and attack from mars, all of which were still less than $4000 at that time. It just amazes me to see faded out Fish tales selling now at $6000+. Seems that Jack Bot is one of the few Williams DMD games that’s not selling for crazy money these days, and it’s still not cheap.
Looking back, there’s a lot of older 80’s games I’d sold that I’d pay dearly to get back. So the pricing today is well worth what it is for a game such as these Paragons that are just SO nice. As a collector, I would pay more for an original survivor than try and restore or scratch build a game. Only way I’d consider that is if the game just virtually doesn’t exist or very, very hard to find. Pretty much how Tim Arnold scratch built a TKO, I can see that, but if the game is out there and I was in the market for a survivor HUO 80’s game or say a new Stern at the same price, no question I’d buy the older game.

My pleasure...just sharing some of my pricing experience, which I know is unusual. Nevertheless, it's fun to look back at some of the transitions/decisions over the years. Pricing is an art, and I think I've learned a lot over the years and enjoy sharing it. Too often, these threads become a useless shit show...really glad this thread isn't turning out that way.

I'm with you on preferring original survivors over restorations...they might not look quite as sharp, but they almost always play better. I don't regret commissioning my HEP AFM restoration (or losing the $$), but don't think I'd ever commission another high-end restoration. My Centaur is a gorgeous restoration done by a hobbyist. My experience is hobbyist restorations can often be nicer than going to the pros. Not because they are more skilled, but because they are often doing it for themselves...taking extra time to dial-in the game (and go the extra mile). Mike Dallas is a wildly talented restorer - I was fortunate to own is TOTAN for years.

#39 1 year ago

Hey look there's a lot of games out there an anyone claiming a legacy game is the best of the best need to look at this game as a standard that's set yes I've been around a lot of paragons and it really pops out..

Everybody is looking for an original game that is a time capsule one that has the original paperwork 1 that hasn't been molested 1 that hasn't been on route 1 that has been a survivor and someone's basement with the blanket over it I've had the privilege of playing on a few of these time capsules and I appreciate those that have allowed me to play on this the only thing I could say is I pay a $100 to play on this game for an hour..

Whether or not the game's got a few 100 plays or limited to thousands the fact is this is the best in the best and the best there ever is and the best there ever was and the fact is hes not asking a million dollars for who's not asking a $100000 for it hes not even asking a $10000 for it what it's worth is you're buying a diamond in the rough and if you go out and buy a Paragon now a junkie game is gonna cost you 3000 to 4000 and buy the time you work it up it might be 8 or $9000 so that's what he is priced is at So I don't call it the price police I just say that if you are close by I would be willing to pay you a $100 to play the game for an hour take my picture with the game.. If you buy the game and your close ....my $100 offer still stands..

#40 1 year ago

A beautifully restored paragon was on here last year and sat forever at 4k if I remember correctly. The problem is that yes, this is a rare spectacle, but still a paragon. For that money you can get a Godzilla premium. That's gonna be a hard comparison, for the money.

#41 1 year ago

If you gave me an opportunity to buy games last year for what the price is TODAY. AND that it has occurred in the last 12 months I would have bought all the games I could last year many of the games have doubled in value and they're here on Pinside at double the price..

So people get sensitive regarding price and they're sensitive because they don't have the Hondo the money or the dough to enter into the best games there ever was but the reality is if you could find a better looking Paragon for a lower price whereas where is it today?

I've been to a lot of high end game collectors that don't normally go to any tournaments or expos..they just have 2030 40 machines in the basement many of them came new out of the Box the fact is everybody wants to have something that nobody else has I'm not saying that Paragon in this price is the one but it's just a beautiful looking game in the condition it's and the condition it's at and the reality there is that in the future I'll have a game collection and I'm looking for a game that nobody else has in the condition nobody has...

I passed up on a lot of unique games games and I made mistakes in the past and that was when I listened to other people telling me that the target alpha alpha that just came out of the Box is not worth $1800 that I could buy one for $1200 then looking at a Galaxy that I could have bought for $2200 said I should have just paid 1500 for it or I could have looked at the other games that I messed up on all across-the-board for the last 12 years And wish I would have bought certain games for the price that I could have.

I graduated from high school in June of 1979 I'm not a programmer or a computer expert in the high world of software I just happened to be a normal typical type of engineer with a typical salary but if I was I'd be the 1st person wanting to negotiate this Paragon to be placed in my basement because I know that there is something that nobody else has in the condition that it's at.

Of course I would be immediately buying the wide glass clear glass it's clear glass either from Stern or Michigan or Germany to make sure that it was the best of the best.

I would also install additional speakers in sound attenuation so when they play that game and it hits a replay it would rock the world..

When my friends would come over and play this game I wouldn't dare ask them a $100 to play the game I would say yes you could play my game for free because I'm your friend all you have to acknowledge that it's the best there ever was!!!!!

It's doing knowledge that anybody with a wallet in their pants their pants can go out and buy a godzilla pro or godzilla premium or with the big enough wallet of godzilla LE and you could always play on the same game with somebody else's wallet but in this particular case this is just a unique game a unique title that everyone knows but it just tells everyone that if you have something that nobody else has it's gonna come at a price.....

So my $100 offer still stands for one hour play but now I'm gonna up the charge I'm only gonna play it if you have the clear glass on it and upgraded speakers...

The volume would have to be turned way up when I play because all I'm trying to do is play it for replay or a match.

I play to hear that "knocker" always have. Always will...

#42 1 year ago

Truth is… a beautiful survivor isn’t going to demand the top dollar when there are better restorations out now.

This hobby doesn’t put the value on originality like other antiques.

People want perfect looking and playing games… original isn’t the best path to that. Rarity of kind instead of rarity of the example’s condition is valued.

Maybe in another generation originality will be king… but we are in the resto-mod era for pinball

#43 1 year ago

Beautiful game, it’s rare to see one as nice as this. Thanks for sharing and GLWS

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Truth is… a beautiful survivor isn’t going to demand the top dollar when there are better restorations out now.
This hobby doesn’t put the value on originality like other antiques.
People want perfect looking and playing games… original isn’t the best path to that. Rarity of kind instead of rarity of the example’s condition is valued.
Maybe in another generation originality will be king… but we are in the resto-mod era for pinball

There are many collectors that value originality, though I agree they are likely the minority. Your implication that restorations play perfectly is a misnomer. Many, many restorations don't play great...I've owned a fair number. In almost all cases, the survivor plays better...again, just my experience.

More than survivor vs. restoration, 80's games don't get the love they use to. People hunting for them are also in the minority. Recent example: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-medusa. This Medusa took quite awhile to sell and it was fairly priced - and it was restored by HEP!

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Your implication that restorations play perfectly is a misnomer.

Like all things… some are good, some are not. Simply having a box of parts does not make a good playing machine. Not sure where you got that from my post

Plenty of survivors that played like crap too because they got no love in 40 years

Hep medusa had that cabinet issue looming over it- but i did tell others to buy it…

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Like all things… some are good, some are not. Simply having a box of parts does not make a good playing machine. Not sure where you got that from my post
Plenty of survivors that played like crap too because they got no love in 40 years
Hep medusa had that cabinet issue looming over it- but i did tell others to buy it…

I’ve had completely restored games, I didn’t like them. It’s hard to explain to some, but as a player, the restored games never played right to me. Yes they are fast with clear coated playfields and such, but there always targets that seem off and that simply do not score correctly. I know they’ll be people that agree with this. Also, there is nothing like opening up an original nice game, looking at the bottom of the playfield and seeing how clean it is. No extra drill holes or stripped out problems, just all original coils and super clean. You can’t compare any original nice game to a restoration in my opinion, just not the same. Only problem is you can’t find original nice games like this, they don’t exist. That’s what justifies the price. Plus, I assure you this game plays fast and perfectly, just as it did when new. I do not want a game to play any better than what it was intended, this is Bally Paragon at its finest.

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballdaddy:

If you gave me an opportunity to buy games last year for what the price is TODAY. AND that it has occurred in the last 12 months I would have bought all the games I could last year many of the games have doubled in value and they're here on Pinside at double the price..
So people get sensitive regarding price and they're sensitive because they don't have the Hondo the money or the dough to enter into the best games there ever was but the reality is if you could find a better looking Paragon for a lower price whereas where is it today?
I've been to a lot of high end game collectors that don't normally go to any tournaments or expos..they just have 2030 40 machines in the basement many of them came new out of the Box the fact is everybody wants to have something that nobody else has I'm not saying that Paragon in this price is the one but it's just a beautiful looking game in the condition it's and the condition it's at and the reality there is that in the future I'll have a game collection and I'm looking for a game that nobody else has in the condition nobody has...
I passed up on a lot of unique games games and I made mistakes in the past and that was when I listened to other people telling me that the target alpha alpha that just came out of the Box is not worth $1800 that I could buy one for $1200 then looking at a Galaxy that I could have bought for $2200 said I should have just paid 1500 for it or I could have looked at the other games that I messed up on all across-the-board for the last 12 years And wish I would have bought certain games for the price that I could have.
I graduated from high school in June of 1979 I'm not a programmer or a computer expert in the high world of software I just happened to be a normal typical type of engineer with a typical salary but if I was I'd be the 1st person wanting to negotiate this Paragon to be placed in my basement because I know that there is something that nobody else has in the condition that it's at.
Of course I would be immediately buying the wide glass clear glass it's clear glass either from Stern or Michigan or Germany to make sure that it was the best of the best.
I would also install additional speakers in sound attenuation so when they play that game and it hits a replay it would rock the world..
When my friends would come over and play this game I wouldn't dare ask them a $100 to play the game I would say yes you could play my game for free because I'm your friend all you have to acknowledge that it's the best there ever was!!!!!
It's doing knowledge that anybody with a wallet in their pants their pants can go out and buy a godzilla pro or godzilla premium or with the big enough wallet of godzilla LE and you could always play on the same game with somebody else's wallet but in this particular case this is just a unique game a unique title that everyone knows but it just tells everyone that if you have something that nobody else has it's gonna come at a price.....
So my $100 offer still stands for one hour play but now I'm gonna up the charge I'm only gonna play it if you have the clear glass on it and upgraded speakers...
The volume would have to be turned way up when I play because all I'm trying to do is play it for replay or a match.
I play to hear that "knocker" always have. Always will...

Great post here. Just look at new game prices, back when I bought my Simpsons party it was $3500 NIB. They didn’t make a premium or LE, so that was the price. With game prices where they are today, there is no doubt that an original 40+ old survivor game that’s this fresh and nice is worth what a basic run of the mill new game is. If someone says “you could get a Godzilla Premium for that price”, that just confuses me, as I’d MUCH rather have this perfect original Paragon or equivalent condition fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe, Centaur, etc… than a new Stern. It’s just where the market is today. Back when I bought my Simpsons Party, I was still buying nice older games for around the same price, it’s just everything has went up and that’s the new standard. Avatar was the last new Stern under $4k when new, but when AC/DC came out with all those examples, prices started going up, yet you could still buy an LE then for like $6,000 or just under. It’s just hard to believe what new game prices are, especially the LE’s.

#48 1 year ago

I’ve had completely restored games, I didn’t like them. It’s hard to explain to some, but as a player, the restored games never played right to me.

When you commission a restoration by a professional, they don't typically play it much (for fear of disturbing the perfect aesthetics). It's also time consuming. I think the Pro restorers (and their customers) and typically more focused on aesthetics and less focused on dialing the game in. I've personally spent weeks/months dialing in restored games. When I was more of a newbie, I was horrified that you could pay so much for a game and not have it play perfectly! Just my experience. That's why I prefer hobbyist restored games...i.e. games that are done for themselves. If a finicky player/collector owns and restores a game for their own collection, the game will in most cases play perfectly.

If someone says “you could get a Godzilla Premium for that price”, that just confuses me, as I’d MUCH rather have this perfect original Paragon or equivalent condition fathom, Eight Ball Deluxe, Centaur, etc… than a new Stern.

The folks that grew up in the 70's/80's obviously have a fondness for these games. Many younger players today only want the latest/greatest tech. I don't really know why LCD's excite the newer players so much, but they do

Quoted from flynnibus:

I guess, but it's not as common in my experience. For an extreme ground up restoration, the risks of not nailing everything is much greater than a beautiful survivor not functioning properly in obscure ways. Sure, you might need to tweak/fix survivor parts, but the entire game hasn't been taken apart and put back together again.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballdaddy:

Well, on Paragon that would be a waste...the sounds it emits are quite basic The year after Paragon was designed, the "Squawk and Talk" board was developed which added some speech (Xenon, Centaur, Fathom).

On the newer titles, a PinWoofer amp/speaker upgrade is awesome...especially on the rock and roll pins.

#50 1 year ago

Just thought I’d show a picture of the serial number on this HUO Paragon. I noticed on the other HUO one posted in this thread had this similar pic, this is one the later ones produced by the high number.

769A6E59-03A6-4CF0-8B8A-FF16816BEB26.jpeg769A6E59-03A6-4CF0-8B8A-FF16816BEB26.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-truly-amazing-all-original-huo-paragon- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.