Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Mike_J
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210718_110536 (resized).jpg
    20210718_110501 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185232 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185150 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185119 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185044 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185012 (resized).jpg
    20210717_184926 (resized).jpg
    20210717_184937 (resized).jpg
    20210717_184954 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

Price Drop! TRON: Legacy (Pro)

Added: July 18th, 2021 Ended: July 30th, 2021
    Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 8,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

I've decided to rotate some of my collection, so I'm selling/trading some of my games.

This is a TRON: Legacy (PRO) in great condition with lots of mods, including:

All playfield LEDs
    Shaker motor
    Fiber-optic illuminated ramps (not ELI)
    Chrome side rails, lockdown bar and backbox hinges
    Illuminated flipper buttons
    Under cabinet RGB lighting
    TRON mini arcade cabinet with running game graphics
    Recognizer with controlled lamp
    LED light strip below 3-bank targets
    Decal above 3-bank targets
    LED lighting for playfield back panel
    Mirror blades
    3D translite
    Custom multi-color RGB lighting behind translite with color-changing wireless remote control
    Playfield support slide brackets (not support pegs)

It's undocumented HUO. I've lowered the price to make a quick and easy deal. My SUV won't fit a pinball machine, so this would be cash and carry. (Central NJ)

Check out the pictures and PM me with any questions.

I do have a few games on my wish-list, so I'm open to a trade for:

Jurassic Park LE or Premium
    Deadpool LE or Premium
    Elvira's HOH-LE or Premium
    Rick and Morty BSE
    (Sorry, but only these games. Please don't ask about others.)

Thanks for looking -- Steve

Item photos

20210717_184926 (resized).jpg
    20210717_184937 (resized).jpg
    20210717_184954 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185012 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185044 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185119 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185150 (resized).jpg
    20210717_185232 (resized).jpg
    20210718_110501 (resized).jpg
    20210718_110536 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Franklin Township, NJ, US

Seller insights

These are Pin_Gizmos's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pin_Gizmos's stats page

#2 4 months ago

I had a similar Tron years ago. Beautiful. You have the 2 chicks translight also?

Also, the lighted ramps…eli ramp lights or just regular?

#3 4 months ago

Not sure about the lighting. I got this game with almost all of those mods already installed. (I added the support brackets, because it's ridiculous that it doesn't come with them!)

Yes, it really is a showpiece. It's the first thing you see when you walk in my front door.

#4 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

It's the first thing you see when you walk in my front door.

That's awesome.
    -Mike

#5 4 months ago

Eli ramp light mod changes with modes and such as i recall.

#6 4 months ago

anyone in NJ looking for a very nice Totan to trade for this tron?

GLWS!

#7 4 months ago

Beautiful Tron but no Eli ramps is a bit of a bummer.

#8 4 months ago

Nice machine,looks like the blue on the ramp is el wire?

#9 4 months ago

Nice looking game, but for 9k I'd expect a ColorDMD and "Eli ramp kit". In today's market, who knows?

#10 4 months ago

Are the Eli ramp kits still being made?

#11 4 months ago

No, they have not been made for a long time with no plans to make them in the future. It ashamed, it really brings the game together.

Quoted from kklank:

Are the Eli ramp kits still being made?

#12 4 months ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Nice looking game, but for 9k I'd expect a ColorDMD and "Eli ramp kit". In today's market, who knows?

I'd expect more than that, and I just sold one for the same price with a lot more. But what do I know? I must be an idiot.

That being said, mine was the first pro to sell for 9k because it was LOADED with every mod, a topper, and light-up chrome armor and chrome apron. Once that sold, suddenly everybody's Tron pro is now worth over 9k. So...you're welcome?

And that's the problem with today's used pricing: Just because one guy's machine is worth something doesn't mean yours is too just because it's the same title.

But good luck to the seller...I'm sure he'll get what he wants since others have sold Tron with less in it for even more money.

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...you're welcome?

Yeah, thanks a lot Jack.

#14 4 months ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

... mine was the first pro to sell for 9k because it was LOADED with every mod, a topper, and light-up chrome armor and chrome apron. Once that sold, suddenly everybody's Tron pro is now worth over 9k. So...you're welcome?
    And that's the problem with today's used pricing: Just because one guy's machine is worth something doesn't mean yours is too just because it's the same title.
    But good luck to the seller...I'm sure he'll get what he wants since others have sold Tron with less in it for even more money.

I'm glad you got the price you were looking for. I completely agree that a given title shouldn't automatically command a premium price. Having said that, when a HUO game is in top-notch shape with a lot of time and money invested in adding all of those mods, its value should reflect that. I'm sure there are buyers who like the idea of just bolting on the legs and playing a super-clean game with lots of bells and whistles.

#15 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

I'm glad you got the price you were looking for. I completely agree that a given title shouldn't automatically command a premium price. Having said that, when a HUO game is in top-notch shape with a lot of time and money invested in adding all of those mods, its value should reflect that. I'm sure there are buyers who like the idea of just bolting on the legs and playing a super-clean game with lots of bells and whistles.

Tron is really the only game you can make this argument for. MAYBE Twilight Zone. Mods just don't hold much value in resale on other games. Hell, even when I sold my really loaded Tron years ago, I took a small loss after accounting for all the cost of mods after having it on the market for weeks and weeks.

#16 4 months ago

I sold my transformers LE and it had multiple improvements and an topper. I had a loss of $400 on the sale.

#17 4 months ago
    Quoted from moonwk:

I sold my transformers LE and it had multiple improvements and an topper. I had a loss of $400 on the sale.

Can’t improve that code, unfortunately.

#18 4 months ago

mods honestly don't add much ( to me anyway) unless its a color dmd and a crazy pricey topper of course. Then deduct cost of normal dmd thats supposed to be in the game per stock..

#19 4 months ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

mods honestly don't add much ( to me anyway) unless its a color dmd and a crazy pricey topper of course. Then deduct cost of normal dmd thats supposed to be in the game per stock..

Agree on that. I've spent a lot of time removing mods from games I've bought second hand. Luckily I got good deals on them.

#20 4 months ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Agree on that. I've spent a lot of time removing mods from games I've bought second hand. Luckily I got good deals on them.

I guess it is a matter of taste. If I picked up a game and felt the mods on it looked crappy, I'd take them off too. On the other hand, some well-made mods can really add some pizazz. With the number of folks making and selling mods, there is definitely an audience for them. If the previous owner of a game I'm buying did all the hard work of adding mods I wanted anyway, I'd be quite happy.

#21 4 months ago

After reading the comments on this post, I decided to lower my asking price. I still think the game is a top tier showpiece, but I've got to make room for new arrivals.

#22 4 months ago

I didn’t realize the Eli kit was no longer available, too bad.
    However, the chrome work on this game looks very nice. It must not be from Stern.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside