By Jakenjoi

1 year ago

Stats

• 43 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by egyptrus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160508_074739_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I would not wait for a deposit. Sell it for cash when they show up or take full payment and deliver when the $ arrives. Deposits are nothing more than a way for someone to tie up your machine while they think about buying it.

I have no problem getting paid if someone wants me to hold it a week and decides not to get it. $500 to hold a machine for a week is $$$. You do know when we talk deposits they are non-refundable?

#19 1 year ago

BTW Crazy that this hasn't sold after 5 days with a decent offer. This would have sold in 5 minutes just a few months back. With GB, MMRLE, and Hobbit - cash is just tied up.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Calling a deposit non-refundable doesn't make it non-refundable. If challenged in court you should have a written contact and proof that you were damaged in some way to justify keeping a deposit.

Yes, and technically all transactions anytime you buy a pinball machine should have a contract. But who does? If someone wants to put a non-refundable deposit down, and it's agreed that it's non-refundable .. and they want to spend the time and money to go to court, in my home state, to get their $500 back ... First they are going to have to be a pretty bad person already to make an agreement like that and they knowingly try to lie to get their money back. And then they are going to have to spend the time to go to court. Meanwhile I have the $500 - and even if I end up losing the $500 - it was bonus money anyway. Not really something to be concerned with - especially since you haven't given anything away for the money. Pointless argument IMO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eryeal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside