By Jakenjoi

1 year ago

Stats

• 43 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by egyptrus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160508_074739_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 9,250

for sale

For sale: TRON: Legacy (LE) (Stern, 2011) + Extras

Added: May 8th, 2016 Ended: July 8th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

Parting with my Tron LE to start a college fund for my newborn daughter. My gain is your gain!

Asking $9250 for everything

Tron LE, great condition, lightly routed, see pictures below for details.

http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jakenjoi/library/TRON%20LE

Shopped/replaced rubbers with white rubbers ~75 plays ago.

Replaced Gem and ZUSE music with End of Line and Castor songs from movie soundtrack.

Replaced disc optos and disc opto board ~50 plays ago. No more phantom disc hits.

Comes with loads of mods and extras, including:
- Arcade mod (latest revision)
- Pinbits plastic accents
- Cliffys/Mantis protectors
- Recognizer decal
- Recognizer LED
- Hallmark Light Cycle mod
- Premium frosted LED's in GI
+ Extra NOS cab decals
+ Extra NOS plastic set
+ Extra NOS chrome side rails
+ Extra colored and clear disc rubbers
+ Extra NOS scoop weldmount
+ Extra NOS figures (Quorra car and Flynn LC)

I'm sure there is some extra stuff I'm forgetting. I'd prefer a local sale. PM with any additional questions.

Thanks for looking!

Item photos

20160508_074739_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Glen Carbon, IL, United States

Seller insights

These are Jakenjoi's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Jakenjoi's stats page

#2 1 year ago

Nice! GLWTS

#3 1 year ago

This should sell quickly.
Great price for an awesome machine.

#4 1 year ago

Thanks OP. My Tron Le Huo loaded with Mods just went up to $13k in Market Value! GLWS.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Thanks OP. My Tron Le Huo loaded with Mods just went up to $13k in Market Value! GLWS.

Thanks! Pinside recommended $10,500, I figured $9,250 was fair, especially given all the mods and the $500+ in extras.

#6 1 year ago

Will be a fast sale!!

#7 1 year ago

Somebody jump on this one !

#8 1 year ago

Tron bump

#9 1 year ago

Glwts! Way underpriced.

#10 1 year ago

bump great price and a good reason to sell. GLWTS

#11 1 year ago

Back to work bump!

Have had a few interested parties but nothing firm yet!

#12 1 year ago

Is this a pro converted to a le? I don't see plaque that shows limited edition and the number.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Is this a pro converted to a le? I don't see plaque that shows limited edition and the number.

The plaque is there. The photo is just dark, so it's hard to see it.

#14 1 year ago

Great reason to sell the game and congrats on your new addition. Wish this was a for trade thread bump.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from moonwk:

This is a real LE. The Pro doesn't have drop targets either.

Speaking of LE specific nuances, you can stack Disc War MB with End of the Line (Daft Punk) MB if you fall out of Disc MB and have EOL MB lit at the scoop. It's an awesome stack since shooting the Disc will progress your add-a-balls for EOL MB and Jackpots for Disc MB simultaneously.

#16 1 year ago

How long is enough time to wait for a deposit from someone, a week?

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

How long is enough time to wait for a deposit from someone, a week?

I would not wait for a deposit. Sell it for cash when they show up or take full payment and deliver when the $ arrives. Deposits are nothing more than a way for someone to tie up your machine while they think about buying it.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I would not wait for a deposit. Sell it for cash when they show up or take full payment and deliver when the $ arrives. Deposits are nothing more than a way for someone to tie up your machine while they think about buying it.

I have no problem getting paid if someone wants me to hold it a week and decides not to get it. $500 to hold a machine for a week is $$$. You do know when we talk deposits they are non-refundable?

#19 1 year ago

BTW Crazy that this hasn't sold after 5 days with a decent offer. This would have sold in 5 minutes just a few months back. With GB, MMRLE, and Hobbit - cash is just tied up.

#20 1 year ago

$500 deposit should be immediate if requested by seller on a high dollar game. Ill hold for a reasonable time. Deposits are non-refundable.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

BTW Crazy that this hasn't sold after 5 days with a decent offer. This would have sold in 5 minutes just a few months back. With GB, MMRLE, and Hobbit - cash is just tied up.

The times, they are a changing.

#22 1 year ago

You shouldn't have to wait at all. PayPal gift is instant cash.

#23 1 year ago

Its the Ghostbusters effect....

#24 1 year ago

Lots of new games out there competing for cash.

#25 1 year ago

Beautiful game and congrats!!! Come on powerball! (or take my WOZ ECLE NIB in trade and sell that instead haha).

#26 1 year ago

I just suck at selling machines.

I feel guilty not giving someone enough time, and then they make me feel bad when I sell it to someone else after I've held it, deposit free, for 3 months or more.

So I end up turning away other people who have inquired because I'm waiting on the first person who said they wanted it.

Anyway, I'd still prefer a local sale at this point. Make me an offer!

#27 1 year ago

thats a good fair price, can't believe no one has purchased this yet. GLWS

#28 1 year ago

Move closer to me.
bump

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Move closer to me.
bump

I'll run it by the misses. With the money we would save on healthcare alone, I could buy a Tron every year!

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

I just suck at selling machines.
I feel guilty not giving someone enough time, and then they make me feel bad when I sell it to someone else after I've held it, deposit free, for 3 months or more.
So I end up turning away other people who have inquired because I'm waiting on the first person who said they wanted it.
Anyway, I'd still prefer a local sale at this point. Make me an offer!

Hang in there man. You always win at the end of the day when you treat people the right way.

Plenty of A holes that will try and take advantage of nice guys.

Your pin will sell, a little more patience.

The price pumping "should be gone immediately" crowd usually own it and can't believe the value of their pin has dropped so low. Oh the horror of a pin dropping below 10k

Glws

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hang in there man. You always win at the end of the day when you treat people the right way.
The price pumping "should be gone immediately" crowd usually own it and can't believe the value of their pin has dropped so low. Oh the horror of a pin dropping below 10k
Glws

Thanks for the reassurance!

I just like playing, fixing, and buying. Selling sucks!

I've dumped tons of money into this thing (twice if you count the NIB Pro I bought, modded to the 9's, and sold for $5k to buy this), and I'll never do it again. Lesson learned.

I was never made of money when I started this hobby, but now I'm just so short on time as well (and sleep). So I think that's not helping my patience.

But you're right, it's whatever, all first world problems! I'm happy I've got a healthy baby girl.

#32 1 year ago

Congrats on baby! I've got 3 girls. Save up

Awesome times

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

$500 to hold a machine for a week is $$$. You do know when we talk deposits they are non-refundable?

Calling a deposit non-refundable doesn't make it non-refundable. If challenged in court you should have a written contact and proof that you were damaged in some way to justify keeping a deposit.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Calling a deposit non-refundable doesn't make it non-refundable. If challenged in court you should have a written contact and proof that you were damaged in some way to justify keeping a deposit.

Yes, and technically all transactions anytime you buy a pinball machine should have a contract. But who does? If someone wants to put a non-refundable deposit down, and it's agreed that it's non-refundable .. and they want to spend the time and money to go to court, in my home state, to get their $500 back ... First they are going to have to be a pretty bad person already to make an agreement like that and they knowingly try to lie to get their money back. And then they are going to have to spend the time to go to court. Meanwhile I have the $500 - and even if I end up losing the $500 - it was bonus money anyway. Not really something to be concerned with - especially since you haven't given anything away for the money. Pointless argument IMO.

#35 1 year ago

"Lightly routed" is likely scaring off some perfectionists...

That phrase always reminds me of the Whizzo chocolate company's "Crunchy Frog":

"We use only the finest baby frogs, dew-picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in the finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then smothered in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope, and lovingly frosted with glucose."

(If they took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy, would it?)

Anyway, GLWTS!

Quoted from iceman44:

The HUOs haven't... ~10% off for light routing sounds about right. It does have a few owies...

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Glws

Agreed...most I've seen sell in a week or so, and you mentioned you had a deposit which may have caused others to move on.....100% this sells, and ditto congrats on your little girl ( I've had three, wrapping up w my only Son, now 15)....time flies man....

#37 1 year ago

Definitely have to have patience...I mean, you are trying to sell something for $9000+ and you're going to want cash. It's a big purchase and the games at the higher end take a while to sell. It'll sell.

Dave

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Definitely have to have patience...I mean, you are trying to sell something for $9000+ and you're going to want cash. It's a big purchase and the games at the higher end take a while to sell. It'll sell.
Dave

True, it is more difficult to sell any item for 9K or more which isn't new or darn close to perfect.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Why is that?

#40 1 year ago

There have been a lot of high dollar machines for sale, Could be GB, MMR, Hobbit, Zombie,AC/DC I have seen a lot of Indiana Jones, Twilight Zones, Addams, for sale over the past 6 months, not sure exactly how many are selling, but def see an increase in higher tier titles for sale.

It will go, just takes the right person at the right time, then after it sells, you will get several people who want it, always works that way..

Best of luck, looks like a beauty.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Dave

Quoted from Mike_J:

True, it is more difficult to sell any item for 9K or more which isn't new or darn close to perfect.

Disagree with you both on this. Nothing personal against either of you, i dont know your finances. But although it may/may not be difficult for you to come you with 9k+ for a game, believe me, there are tons on here and lurkers here that can drop that coin without thinking about it.

#42 1 year ago

Cant believe this is here.

When someone says they will take a game, I expect a deposit within an hour. If not, they get a courtesy email giving them another hour then onto second person. This is especially true of the buyer emails back and forth every 5 minutes then you dont hear from them when its time for money. Typical. Dont feel bad. Move one.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Disagree with you both on this. Nothing personal against either of you, i dont know your finances. But although it may/may not be difficult for you to come you with 9k+ for a game, believe me, there are tons on here and lurkers here that can drop that coin without thinking about it.

Oh I know there are many here that are better off than me financially and could drop that kind of money without even thinking about it. However, I'm pretty sure the pool of people who are able, and willing, to do that is smaller than the group that's willing and able to drop $1000 or $1500 on a game.

It'll sell, just have to find the right guy at the right time.

Dave

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside