tron lego man (resized).jpg
IMG_5190.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG
IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5465.JPG
IMG_5472 (resized).JPG
IMG_5469 (resized).JPG
IMG_5467 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Texasff78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: TRON: Legacy (LE)

Added: 2017-03-05 08:35:37 UTC • Ended: March 6th, 2017
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 14,000

Price is firm
Open for offers

I'll start off by saying it is going to take a very strong offer to let go of this game. I purchased a few other games this week and need to let go of one or two games out of my collection. This game was NIB until a week ago when I opened it. You will not find a nicer Tron LE out there. I put a playfield protector on immediately, added Cliffys, and the Pinbits plastic protectors before the game ever saw play. The mods I've added are:

Flipper Fidelity Speakers
Flipper Fidelity LED backlight kit
Hallmark Light Cycles
Arcade Mod
Pinbits plastic protectors
Lit Recognizer
Lit Targets
Mirror blades
Color DMD
Speaker lights
Replaced all rubbers with clear ones
Clear disk for spinner
Added LEDs to flashers and GIs (the lighting looks amazing now after swapping the cool white for colors at many locations)
Lit flipper buttons
Blue start button instead of green

Still have all the original parts, bulbs, rubbers, and even the box.

Again being perfectly honestly I am looking for a ridiculous trade offer here. I likely won't let it go before the other games I'm selling but who knows someone who's looking for a practically brand new Tron LE modded out may offer something crazy. Ideally looking for a 2-1 or 3-1 trade. Case price is 14,000 firm. Buyer handles all shipping arrangements.

Item photos

IMG_5467 (resized).JPG
IMG_5469 (resized).JPG
IMG_5472 (resized).JPG
IMG_5465.JPG
IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG
IMG_5190.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Texasff78's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Texasff78's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Arlington, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 519.00
Playfield - Other
86Pixels

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

#21 7 years ago

Is the price high? Absolutely. I'm listing this along with all my other games this week because I picked up a SS and TZ and have one more game (MB) that I want to get. Do I think this will sell? Probably not. Do I really want it to out of the games I'm listing? No. If I was "speculating" I would have never opened the game. Do I think the mods added that much value? No. As one person posted I am looking for someone who is willing to pay premium for an almost new game of which there are very few left. I know of one other new in box game in Houston and he's asking 15k. I do well but am not made of cash and sometimes have to sell things to buy OTHER things. Didn't see any harm with listing it and seeing where it goes. Maybe someone picked up some decent titles cheap and would be willing to trade? If no it stays.

Hahaha I'll tell you what I agree with everyone who's whining about the price. Take up a collection buy my game for 14,000 to ensure that I can never list it again.

#22 7 years ago

I also was not aware of the rule that you couldn't buy, sell, or trade games as frequently as you wanted. I'm new here so maybe I missed it. When I see a high price listed on someone else's game I look and think wow that's a little steep I don't want to buy it. Then after the .5 seconds I've spent on that topic I move to the next listing. I wish so many were as interested when I sold my Batman 66 LE for a loss to get another game!

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You are free to do as you please, naturally. We are also free to comment when someone's behavior seems a little off. That's all that's happening here. I think people are just wondering why you wasted everyone's time with the last thread when ultimately you've tried to pull off making both decisions in close succession. Life doesn't usually work like that. With that said, I wish you the best of luck and believe you might actually find a buyer.

I completely agree you're free to comment and I'm equally free to say it's ridiculous. Wasted your time? Did I make you read the thread? Also how does this not make sense when I was already on the fence to begin with? Not quite sure what is wrong with listing all your games and seeing what you get the best offer for?

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

if it doesnt sell and you end of keeping it, tron le is the one true stern le, its a collectors piece for sure. i have a huo thats like new. it would be one of the last games i would sell. win win situation you have here.

Thanks Robotron and I really don't expect to trade or sell it at this price. Didn't see the harm in putting it up. I do love the game.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

You decided to open it (after starting a thread about your decision). Now either just play it and enjoy, or drop your price by 4K if you truly want to sell it.
This is a case of opening the box remorse.

No and no. I don't regret opening the game at all. There's a big difference between putting something up for sale at a high price and dumping it for 10k. My other games are going to be listed at reasonable prices and I think I'll be able to move one or two. This one is much higher for a reason.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What I meant is that when you ask people for advice and they take the time to give it to you, then seem to completely ignore it, then you've wasted their time. Nobody would have their panties in a bunch if you'd just done your thing without starting a thread about it first.
And FYI...we've seen a lot of this on pinside recently. My favorite is when people ask advice on the value of a machine, the after getting everyone's take, they jack the price way up to take advantage of the same community that just helped them. Priceless.

Take advantage? First, off how is it taking advantage of someone if they are willing to trade or pay a price? I've said the price is high. There's nothing hidden here or misleading. Second, so would it have been taking advantage of the people who said I should sell if I kept it? Panties is the key here though I will agree.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Fun read on this thread. I'm a happy Tron LE owner and it's not going anywhere.
I think the short of it is that we have a good idea what you paid for the game, so seeing you asking a ton more for it almost immediately after getting it is rubbing some folks the wrong way. The reality is that opening the box takes the value down on games. And the price you're asking isn't close to realistic. Tron LE peaked a year or two ago and they have settled at 9-11k depending on mods.
The big issue is that you're posting this on a pinball community forum. Everyone here knows the prices of games and everyone knows what you paid for it and knows the depreciation of an opened box. You might be better off posting it in other venues.

I paid 11,500 for the game plus shipping charges from another Pinsider. Added quite a few mods, including the chrome apron coming from Hooked this week, putting the price over 13,200 or so. This isn't my business and I am not sure how anyone could see a massive profit motive on my part here but hell when does logic or reason have to come into play here. Appreciate your market update but I had been looking for an LE for a while and they are tough to come by especially in decent shape. Think there were six buy ads last week and none for sale until Stretch listed his. Im guessing they said the same thing when the game was a 6k then 7k then 8k but I wasnt in the hobby then.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

You're just hurting yourself replying to these post at this point. It's clear you're looking for a rich guy that just wants the game and has crazy deep pockets. Sit back and see if you get a phone call.

I do not see how I'm hurting myself responding plus I enjoy it. You're exactly right as I have stated numerous times in this post. I am looking for someone who wants a basically new Tron LE and is willing to pay a premium for that. There very well could be no one willing to give enough and thats great I will be happy keeping the game. If I had not went a little pinball spend crazy this month it wouldn't be an issue. I like a lot of different games and will probably cycle through them frequently. I thought the classified ads on a website dedicated to pinball would be a great place to buy and sell them. I did not realize it was only meant for people donating their games, or for family members of Pinsiders to sell the pinballs of deceased relatives who decided not to be buried in them.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So you were looking for a LE for a long time yet decided to sell it in less then a couple weeks. Sounds like what I said before about the game being overrated is true. lol

It is the best game I have played. But they come and go and I can find another one down the road that wouldn't be as nice as this one. Finding SS and TZ in really good shape and being able to get both of them for close to the same price, plus freeing up the funds to pick up a MB as well, would just make it worth it to me.

#47 7 years ago

Well my MM sold so I am keeping Tron. I apologize in advance to the people on the other side of the fence who will say once your selling an item you must keep it for sale for all eternity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Texasff78.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-2?tu=Texasff78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.