tron-weird-guy (resized).jpg
BCB816BC-FA85-47F9-9F1D-2E3FD02CBFFE (resized).jpeg
IMG_3537 (resized).JPG
5705def551503cec02a07bdde687fb8c06a9f3be (resized).jpeg
Del_sprite (resized).jpg
E72647A2-FE00-449D-AF28-E89408CB45B1 (resized).jpeg
EB056245-C5B4-4C3E-AA33-5BAAC9FDA336 (resized).jpeg
81FD7780-2526-429B-BB3F-D1CE9204D5A0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

*disclaimer* - I own one.
I've sold over 80+ pins and TronLE will be the one I regret the most if I ever sold it.

I love my Tron LE and still play it regularly...but if this is where we're at now? After Snaroff's sells at $25k & someone really wants one...$30k takes mine.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

One NIB in UK - Only taken out the box to remove the batteries .. $10,500 ish for sale at the moment

LOL Stern SAM games don't have batteries!

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Let me get this straight. The LE was 10k a year ago. Nothing has changed. The same amount of games are out there. But now it’s worth 25k??
Where is the gigantic sucker out there?
Every Tron owner will pump the price up on this thread.
Ugh.

The market is relative to what else is in the market. POTC CE’s are selling for $38k now...sooo, Tron LE is another Disney license & beloved game & only 400 exist. Want one? Pry it from me. Justin’s sold for $25k, another sold for $20k. Once that shit happens, it’s hard to see it sliding back down. I remember when AFM randomly went from a $5k game to $8k+. Once people know a game has buyers at a certain price, why would anyone sell it lower?

BTW my price has gone up since my last post. $35k takes my Tron lol

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I still don’t understand the whole JJP debacle on pricing.
Has JJP officially announced they will never make POTC again?
All I’ve heard is speculation. And it’s usually from JJP POTC owners.
Has Stern officially announced they will never make Tron again??
Or is it more speculation and price pumping from Tron owners..........

You're ignoring the CE and LE aspect. Even if there's some kind of re-run or vault (unlikely), Collectors Editions and Limited Editions will NEVER be made again.

Speculation and pumping is irrelevant when SALES have been made! Done deal.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Another Tron owner pumping...........

I love my Tron. I don't want to sell it. Someone waves da CASH at me....well, I'll have to reconsider.

Discussing the reality of current sales isn't pumping.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

All Stern LE’s are limited and only so many exist.

Most Stern LEs also have Premiums. Tron doesn't.

Also Tron rules & everyone wants one! No one wants your LE's lol

TO THE MOON! DIAMOND HANDS!!!!

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

BULLSHIT.
Send me the announcement that JJP will never remake LEs or Ces for POTC.
Didn’t JjP remake Hobbit with aBlack Arrow edition.

POTC was a flop. It was expensive to build & hard to build correctly. The license has expired, and it's been inferred that it's done and they've moved on. Sure, ya never know...but it's highly unlikely.

Black Arrow wasn't a remake...it was a marketing strategy/reskin to move unsold games.

Quoted from kklank:

Didn’t JJP remake WOZ multiple times.

Irrelevant.

Quoted from kklank:

How about IMVE? Isn’t Iron Man a Disney product.

VE = Vault Edition. What part of "LIMITED EDITION" don't you understand?

settledown (resized).jpgsettledown (resized).jpg

#41 2 years ago

LOL

There is no Tron Premium is LITERALLY a fact. (and before someone shows the box that says Tron Premium...that's what LE boxes said back then lol)

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Send me the announcement that Stern will never remake Tron

Klank, when did you get so thick?

Tron LE is a LIMITED EDITION.

Limited means LIMITED.

Will. Not. Be. Remade. Ever.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah who gives a shit. You’re pumping a Tron LE. That is Limited. I own a bunch of LE’s that are limited. So that means mine are now officially up for sale at
25k as well because they’re limited and Stern will never make them again because I say so.
Lmao.

I'm not pumping anything. Mine's not for sale...(but seriously, if you throw 40k at me, it's for sale)

Your LE's also have Premiums that are STILL IN PRODUCTION. That inherenty lowers their value, as anyone can get the same experience by buying a Prem instead.

Tron LE has no Premium. 400 LE's. That's it. Won't be remade. Period.

It's weird that you don't understand this & that you're getting so angry.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just two questions: Do you have an announcement from Stern that says they will never remake Tron or a Tron LE?
Not being sarcastic, I’ve just never heard them say that. Is this your opinion or fact?

They've never announced they're NOT making something. That's stupid. It's an old irrelevant license & they're making too much on their current games...why would they remake a few hundred Tron Pros when they can sell a few thousand of everything else that's currently still under license?

An LE by definition CANNOT BE REMADE. No one would ever spend stupid NIB money ever again on an LE if it wasn't TRULY limited.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey, my son just showed me this. At 25k, Tron LE is cheap!
[quoted image]

Retro game prices are the dumbest thing ever...but I've made decent cash selling mine off to the wacky collectors. Every game can be easily played on an Everdrive, FPGA system, or emulator...and it's the same exact thing. Only physical pinball is real pinball! Woop woop!

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Lol. Chill Beavis. You sound angry.

Projection.

...but anyway, I'll be sure to tell you when Stern puts out their press release of what they're not making.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I am just curious who came up with the 25K number from the original transaction? Maybe this was some sort of charity agreement. We do not know the circumstances.

Yes we do. It was listed on eBay. Someone hit “buy”. They paid. Deal done.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Dang. I should have taken you up on your offer to play this a while back. What's another 10-20 plays?

You can bring mine home for a mere $30k, baaaaybeeee! I'll even deliver & bring Del Taco, including Lemonade Poppers! What a refreshing deal!

Deltaco (resized).jpgDeltaco (resized).jpg
#89 2 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Incorrect. Here is the breakdown.[quoted image]

My condolences for your loss.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

false statement

It's verifiable science. .

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I'll just leave this here [quoted image]

Already addressed that and said don’t bother posting that box pic lol

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Does it not have the CR032 battery?

So does a Zelda cartridge. Nothing happens to those.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

His 9 pins were no older than 4 years old. His oldest game was ghost busters.

What a travesty.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I am sure a Tron LE owner would accept 15K.

Nah. $30k takes mine, and gets the Del Taco bonus.

Otherwise I'm just gonna keep playing it.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Agree, approve or not, Why crap on someone’s for sale post?
Arguments like this remind me of this. This is how people see pinball arguments from outside the hobby.[quoted image]

Because internet.

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

FFS we get it. Yours is not for sale unless it's an asinine price. We all have games we feel that way about.

So you're enjoying my schtick, is what you're saying?

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

If i'm a pinball manufacturer right now and reading all these for sale threads for crazy money.... I know the hobby is ready for another big price increase.

I mean, we're already in it. As soon as Batman '66 Super LE was $12,500 in 2016, boom, we were there. From that point, Dutch tried to sell BOP 3.0 for the same price...then they started to sell Lebowski for that price. Jack sold POTC CE for that price...I think...or was it 10k? Anyway, GnR CE was also that price. Elvira Couch Edition was $15k. It's goofy AF, but they can totally get away with selling the top limited models for wacky bucks.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only thing I learned in this thread is that everyone has an opinion and I Sooooo want to get one of those drinks now! Dam that looks good!

If you don't have a Del Taco near you...I don't think they're in IL...you can make them yourself. You can order any flavor of "popping boba" online...toss 'em in a glass of Minute Maid Zero Sugar lemonade, and boom...you got yourself a fun and refreshing drink!

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks man! My daughter drinks this boba whatever all the time. This recipe may have converted me lol.

There are two kinds of boba. The traditional gummy/chewy ones and these smaller popping ones. The popping ones have a thin “skin” & juicie inside!

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

See, now we are getting somewhere =)
I am going to try to make the Boba Lemonade. I actually have Boba. This post is beneficial to all of us. Cheers!!

Last year, Del Taco made it with Sprite! You can really just make it with any drink you want. I'm a fan of using something sugar free, cuz then it's not quite so horrible for me.

Del_sprite (resized).jpgDel_sprite (resized).jpg
#197 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That was a shill bid on eBay, but it didn't mater. After that, ALL AFMs went up. I still remember the shock of that....

Well, that moment allowed me to sell my AFM for $8200, which I then used to buy my Tron LE! Ahhhh, see...bringing things back around full circle!

Quoted from NPO:

They can only get away with it because this community empowers it by continuing to buy at ever-increasing prices.

Ultimately, the market decides. I think ALL hobbies have old-schoolers and hardcores who have their pulse on what things should cost and what they're worth...but you will always have newbs who enter the hobby with cash and little patience. They want it now and are willing to pay. We can't force someone to not spend what they want to spend to get the thing they want. It is what it is.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Anything that is connected to that dooshbag, Kaneda, must be the truth right?

This has nothing to do with Kaneda. Our dear friend, sweet baby Fattrain sold his on eBay for $25k. It's a verifiable fact.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

How dumb would feel buying this for 25k and it ends up being the next vault? But how awesome would you feel getting 25k for a so-so game as the op? So you can't blame him.

People just really don't understand the concept of "LIMITED EDITION".

A Limited Edition will not be remade as a vault.

In any case, a friend of mine sold his restored MM for over $20k a few months before the remake was announced. Things happen.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sucks that it affects the used market so hard....

It’s all relative/perception. If the top games are selling for $10k-30k, then a used game for $4-8k is “cheap” in comparison.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

People's wages and salaries aren't keeping THAT pace...

Most people, even when doing well, aren’t buying pins and never were.

Since 2016, the hobby has attracted a customer that is at another level. They’ve done extremely well and continue to do so. These pins at these prices are pocket change. Stern wouldn’t be doing so well otherwise. Those who can buy pins, and want to, are.

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

This game is not worth 25. It’s not even worth 15k.
Is it a fun game. Yes.
I don’t get it. I can’t believe some gigantic sucker hasn’t bought this game yet for 25k.
I thought there was all these “noobs” that have all this “f—- off money”. (i love this bs line.) one of them should have bought it by now. Lol.
I’ve yet to meet someone that has made a lot of money in their career and just recklessly spends their money
I’m convinced the seller is a very nice person but this is,respectfully, a cash grab imho.
A lot of Tron owners hoping they’re game is worth 25k right now but deep down inside they know it’s not.

Shit like this doenst sell on Pinside...this thread is just for fun. We’re hobbyists that want a “deal”. He puts it on eBay? It’ll sell. That’s where the last one sold.

#239 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m gonna be so rich! [quoted image]

LOL X-Men blows, though...this game only works when there’s “demand” in “supply & demand”. But hey, I wish you luck if you can score a payday from FOMO NEWBS with that trash.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Anyone have an opinion on what a HUO, well modded (lighted ramps, all the must have mods) Tron Pro goes for these days? 7k? 7.5-8k?
I'm not buying the argument Tron LE's are now worth 20k + because some outlier paid someone 24k for one. The market is nuts right now but that is just ridiculous.

Here’s the breakdown. Tron LE’s been out for a decade. People who have it generally don’t move it - they love it, keep it, play it. So - you can say 20k’s not “the real price” ...but why would someone who loves their Tron list it for less, or at all? $20k starts to be that “pry it away” price. If someone really wants one, and none are for sale - it is what it is. Only way the price goes down again is if like 10 people simultaneously list Tron LE’s for high prices...then there’s more supply & competition, buyer has the advantage.

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Not necessarily - Crazy prices in USA
I would let my Tron LE #180 fully moded beautiful unmarked cab condition go for 7.5k GBP in UK.

You might get a US buyer willing to ship. BARGAIN!

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Clearly the LE is more valuable but are you really trying to say your LE is worth $25k now where a nice, HUO pro with basically the same mods is only worth $7-$8k? I would say if you think your LE will fetch 25k, go for it and get it while you can.

I'm not motivated enough to push it out the door. I recently just dragged it in the house, and it was a pain in the ass lol. This thread is here...if someone wants one and sees this, they know how to pry it from me. I'm cool just enjoying it. I'm more motivated to sell off my remaining retro video games...it's not pinball money, but the collectors in that scene have gone bonkers, too....I've got random Gameboy, Playstation, and Saturn games that are going for like $500 a pop now.

#259 2 years ago

Greg, thanks to you making it your personal mission to trash X-Men and TFLE, we’re all the poorer for it. I often wonder whether you even like pinball.

I love pinball. Thanks for creating a false identity & slanderous narrative of me because I critique a handful of games while also pretending I’m the only one who’s critiqued those games. Quite a disinformation campaign to juggle.

#261 2 years ago

False narratives are a perfect description of your year’s long diatribes against perfectly good games that aren’t good enough for you. “Slanderous”? You’ve gone Hollywood bro.

I’m one person with one opinion. If those games are “perfectly good”, their resale price would reflect that. I don’t control other people’s opinions or what they’re willing to spend on a game.

List your X-Men for even $7k....you won’t get a bite, and that has ZERO to do with me. Making me an “enemy” of the games you like is illogical. Enjoy them. You can’t force others to.

#264 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Sega Saturn games are going for a lot now?

TONS. Especially complete U.S. games.

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

Disc rot and all... i have a ton of retro gaming stuff i need to go through and sell off (at least the doubles)

Yeah, with things like MODE, you can replace the disc drive in Saturn/PS1/Dreamcast and just play games off an SD card. I've got one in my Saturn - it's great. Original discs can go to collectors who want to throw money at me. I already sold my SNES, Genesis, and N64 games and replaced them with Everdrives. Money in my pocket, no clutter on my shelves, can still play the same games on my old systems. Win win.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I love the”pry it from me” line. Another ridiculous marketing tactic.

Why is it that you are seeing the opposite or wrong thing about everything in this thread. Marketing tactic? I'm not marketing anything. You don't take me at my word that I love my Tron and want to just keep and play it? Alright....lol

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You have no interest yet you are over 42 posts deep into a for sale add? Makes sense....

Snaroff is my friend...I'm just having fun. Sorry if the concept of friendship and goofing around offends you.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never. Plus thanks to this FS thread I have a new favorite summer drink! Thanks lol.

DEL TACO BOBA BROS 4 LIFE!!!!

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

No-one answered my questions

Sorry about that, I can take it! What people love about Tron is that it has an addictive quality to it. It generally beats you up quick, but makes you wanna keep hitting start until you have that amazing game. When it came out, it was during Stern's "lean" years...games like Tron, Iron Man, BBH, and Avatar had very similar styles of design/play. Simple, fast, quick. Easy to understand, hard to master. When they came out, most of the collectors & players were like "bleh"....but once people played them, Iron Man & Tron really clicked and people began to love them. Tron in particular really stood out due to how well it integrated with the theme. It's fast and flowy, and has some amazing combos if you can keep them going. The Daft Punk music was something new, exciting and refreshing in pinball...that coupled with the awesome sound FX just really engulf the player and make you feel great while playing. Like I said, the rules are easy to understand but hard to master, so it's really really satisfying if you can make it to Sea of Simulation or Portal. Even though the game doesn't have a ton of playfield features, the standout is how Borg used a spinning disc in a new way. The disc area acts like a batting cage, whipping the ball back at you in weird and crazy ways. As for the LE, it was the first game to have fiber optic ramps that are color coordinated and choreographed to the modes, it was the first game with LED inserts, and the disc changes from red to blue during Multiball, which was novel at the time and still looks really cool. The LE also has Daft Punk Multiball, which is missing in the Pro.

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Cool, I really appreciate it and the time you took to explain. Now I just need to find one to play lol
So you think if they vault the machine, many people will end up buying one without LE features?

The Pro had like 4 or 5 reruns when the heat on the game picked up...people gobbled them up.

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I don’t think you need to worry. I doubt there is anyone else out there willing to pay 25k for a Tron LE

People always say that when something sells for bonkers money....it only takes one person looking for one game who wants it now.

#306 2 years ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

This thread cracks me up. You guys should have seen the hubbub when blown out MM’s started selling for FORTY FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS. So many people decried that it was the end of pinball as a “hobby” since now everything was just gonna go through the roof and no normal person would be able to afford them any longer.

Remember when Big Bang Bar remake was $4500 and that was considered NUTS!? Considering where prices have gone, I'm surprised that one has kind of stabilized for a while. I guess the newcomers don't really know or care about "the legend" of BBB ....or, they all know it'll probably get a re-remake.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

This may be the funniest shit I’ve ever heard....”looking forward to my brutal Thai masseuse visiting me.”
Sad really....

Speaking of funny and sad...why not be transparent about why you’ve gotten so worked up about Tron’s price going up?

B6238A98-A8E3-4C81-983B-7F8163CC268E.jpegB6238A98-A8E3-4C81-983B-7F8163CC268E.jpeg
#325 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

And yes, LOTR is a great game. IMO Tron is better (but polar opposite in looks, sounds and gameplay). I bought both of them NIB and only Tron is still around.

I think they make a good team.

BEC6A9AC-7AA7-45C1-8951-E1A2C2D86143.jpegBEC6A9AC-7AA7-45C1-8951-E1A2C2D86143.jpeg
#367 2 years ago

Dang, this thread got heated. I wonder what would happen if I listed my STTNG for $100k with comments on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.