tron-weird-guy (resized).jpg
BCB816BC-FA85-47F9-9F1D-2E3FD02CBFFE (resized).jpeg
IMG_3537 (resized).JPG
5705def551503cec02a07bdde687fb8c06a9f3be (resized).jpeg
Del_sprite (resized).jpg
E72647A2-FE00-449D-AF28-E89408CB45B1 (resized).jpeg
EB056245-C5B4-4C3E-AA33-5BAAC9FDA336 (resized).jpeg
81FD7780-2526-429B-BB3F-D1CE9204D5A0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Let me get this straight. The LE was 10k a year ago. Nothing has changed. The same amount of games are out there. But now it’s worth 25k??
Where is the gigantic sucker out there?
Every Tron owner will pump the price up on this thread.
Ugh.

No pump up here. If you have had one they are super fun game. Last playfield in my collection that stern made that shows no dimpling. A year ago it was hard to find one for 10k with the correct extensive mods was higher. I would not sell mine for $25k. One of the first led games. I enjoy the game to much and could not replace easily. There is only 400 world wide. No premium was made. Would I pay $25k for any game? No, but not what I have into the game. Selling and getting another my time is more valuable. I think the game sells between $20-25k. I got offered $18k locally three months ago. Got contacted thru pinside as was in my collection. I told him the price is not the issue but I am not willing to sell the game at this time. There are buyers out there. Better to pay up for a proven game than to buy every LE looking for that winner. You loose on 8 to get the one that people want.

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Man, you are working it.

In December 2020 a standard heavily moded Tron sold for $10k locally. It had the right back glass etc. Then April a non moded Tron with the not sought after trans light sold for $6500. The one at $6500 sold instantly with buyers lined up. Sales are all over the place.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

One NIB in UK - Only taken out the box to remove the batteries .. $10,500 ish for sale at the moment

I am confused. Isn’t it 10,000 GBP? That is $13,900 USD.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The dumb money has to dry up eventually, right? Cause pins at this price are just dumb. This hobby is starting to grate me the wrong way.

It maybe dumb or it maybe smart. Only time will tell. You can read these threads from 7 years ago on the stupid prices. If those stupid prices where around today we would all buy it in seconds. I never thought a beanie baby would sell for over $500,000 or $750,000 for a comic book you can only keep in a safe and never read. There are plenty of art or collectibles that get crazy. Then more crazy. Then beyond crazy. If you had two bitcoins a year ago. It would be worth $110,000 today. Buying a Tron LE for $25k is like $1700 in that scenario.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Going down this rabbit hole of insane prices is hurting us all in the long run. Obviously you can ask whatever you want, but I think what gets some people annoyed is the fact that indirectly we all end up footing the bill due to this hyper inflated market. It’s not just pins alone...it’s happening with a lot of goods and services throughout the country. Probably some of it pandemic related, but not all. Some of it is pure old fashioned price gouging plain and simple. Not saying this particular for sale ad is. However, it does contribute to the cycle that we are seeing.

The motto for many in 2021 is cash is trash! I hear it daily. Hard assets! The governments around the world just keep printing cash! Heck I just sold a 2006 boat for more than I bought in 2006. It is because the new ones are insane on price. It sold in hours. Guy drove 20 hours. Dollars aren’t worth what they use to be.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:Stern is the only company that I trust and maybe Spooky too, that will not remake LE's. Worst offender has got to be JJP with WozECLE, WozRRLE, WozYBRLE etc and CGC with MMrLE followed by MMrRE. Tron LE is a very rare, unique game that has significant physical and code differences over the pro with no premium. At only 400 games worldwide, with no premiums that can be modded to LEs creates the potential for the games price to go up just from the rarity standpoint. I personally would not let mine go for $25K not because I want to price pump or hype it but because it has that special connection to me.I went out of my way to get a sider for it as well. I understand that the game and price may not be for everyone and I hate that pin prices are going through the roof.
[quoted image]

LE for JJP and CGC means latest edition

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Actually, it does hurt when homes are selling at record prices for two reasons. First, it means houses in that neighborhood will all be reassessed and property taxes will rise (at least that's how it works in my area of NJ). Second, if you sell your house at a record, you now have to find a new house, which may also be at that same record.
From a pinball perspective, I worry these massive price increases block out new entrants to the market (we need new people for many reasons) and it puts upward pressure on lower end games. In my view, things started to get a bit out of control when toppers crossed $500.
That said, it is a free market and people can ask and offer whatever they want. I have no problem with the asking price in this thread and if the ultimate buyer is happy, so be it. The market will adjust over time, it's just crazy right now.

New games are selling well which are mainly the new buyers along with the established guys. The new stern games and jjp is paradigm shift. I am old school as I like 90’s games. Many if younger buyers do not. The one guy called my old school. His 9 pins were no older than 4 years old. His oldest game was ghost busters. That is why the top 25 list has so many recent games. My kids prefer our recent made game over the older games due to the deep rulesets, lights and displays. The pro’s are great games also and fairly priced. Everyone your dollar is not work as much we added 16 trillion in debt in 14 years. Sorry

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Actually, it does hurt when homes are selling at record prices for two reasons. First, it means houses in that neighborhood will all be reassessed and property taxes will rise (at least that's how it works in my area of NJ). Second, if you sell your house at a record, you now have to find a new house, which may also be at that same record.
From a pinball perspective, I worry these massive price increases block out new entrants to the market (we need new people for many reasons) and it puts upward pressure on lower end games. In my view, things started to get a bit out of control when toppers crossed $500.
That said, it is a free market and people can ask and offer whatever they want. I have no problem with the asking price in this thread and if the ultimate buyer is happy, so be it. The market will adjust over time, it's just crazy right now.

If there is unlimited supply your house would go down in value. Just like pins. A few high prices on a limited number of pins makes others buy hoping they can pick the new game that everyone wants. There are still great buys out there. Remember when every pin you bought you lost 25 percent right away? Glad that isn’t the case anymore. Some collect. Some just play. Others it is a hobby. Some it is art. Some it is a business like yourself.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sorry, a few people asking outrageous money for a pinball machine is not going to raise the price of bread. I know everyone is fighting the good fight but this is getting ridiculous. Nobody needs any pinball machine let alone a high end limited edition one. It's a pure luxury item.

Speaking bread have you check recently. Fuel up, plastic up, commodities up, wood up, and shipping up. All cost of goods are up. Yes inflation. Yes the Fed can say no inflation but reality is different. Go bitcoin, gold and Ethereum.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What a travesty.

I was thinking the same thing but he was really happy and a great guy. He makes his own mods and lighting. He is eager to learn how to repair games. Eager to learn how to get better. He had LE’s, pro’s and premiums. However all had shinny powder coated armour in every color. We need that generation of buyers. No boat for him but pinball machines.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Are 90's pins Old School now? And who are these fossils lining up for the Fathom remake?

I was offended also. Ask the younger buyers. Yes they are old school. I guess maybe there is really old school.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

“Your Pinsiders were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

Are you selling everything?

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I own this game and mine is so mint it looks like it hasn't even been put new in the box yet. With that being said this game isn't worth 25 or even 15k. Kaneda saying someone sold their game for 25k I don't believe it. There is just no way! A game doesn't go from about 10 or 12 to 25 over night no way no how.
You wont sell this game for 25k today, tomorrow, next week, next year or ever because its not worth it. Don’t get me wrong I love TRON and would love to see a JJP version of the game. With that being said you either did this to see if what Kaneda said is true that there really are dumb, desperate and very wealthy buyers out there waiting to POUNCE on an absurd price or you just wanted attention. I’m going to go with you wanted attention because you added a forum, even though you KNEW it would spark a riot.
Just like the guy who asked for 40k for his Pirates CE, you’re so out of bounds, to find a buyer you’re going to need a lot of dumb luck. If you’re trying to PUSH the envelope to see what the peak actually is... maybe you should have tried to sell the game for $16,500, 18,000 something like that. You still probably wouldn’t have sold it but maybe you would get some offers.
Instead you went for the MOON giving the entire hobby another shot of absurdity.
On the other hand I do have a TRON LE, so maybe deep down I hope you get this sale done. Mine will be up for sale the following day in fact if anyone wants a NICER TRON LE let me know... price is $24,998.00 and I’ll throw in shipping. Let’s see if I get an offer. LOL

I will see if can find that contact info of the guy who offered me $18k three months ago as sounds like you would sell. He was a pinsider but saw game in another listing I did on Craigslist. I thought about it hard even asked a few friends on it before saying no.

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I agree to some point. If you have true FU money then a $25k Tron LE is nothing. If I made $2 million a year and did not want to wait I would probably pay $25k for a Tron. The problem is the person who will pay $25K for a tron le is few and far between. I would bet to say that NO ONE ELSE will ever pay that much for a Tron LE. This one will sit forever until he lowers his price. I have some friends who make insane money and they would not pay $25K for this.

Yeah but did you ever think multiple buyers at $20-25k on JJP POTC or $12,500 for NIB pin?

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Prices on eBay are much more impressive!
ebay.com link: itm

Yeah but it didn’t sell.

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL X-Men blows, though...this game only works when there’s “demand” in “supply & demand”. But hey, I wish you luck if you can score a payday from FOMO NEWBS with that trash.

Second that! Two bounce around between pinders locally like a ping pong ball. Between $5200-5900. Longest anyone has it is 6 months.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249?tu=Onwallst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.