tron-weird-guy (resized).jpg
BCB816BC-FA85-47F9-9F1D-2E3FD02CBFFE (resized).jpeg
IMG_3537 (resized).JPG
5705def551503cec02a07bdde687fb8c06a9f3be (resized).jpeg
Del_sprite (resized).jpg
E72647A2-FE00-449D-AF28-E89408CB45B1 (resized).jpeg
EB056245-C5B4-4C3E-AA33-5BAAC9FDA336 (resized).jpeg
81FD7780-2526-429B-BB3F-D1CE9204D5A0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: TRON: Legacy (LE #249/400)

Added: 2020-08-26 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (June 28th, 2021) • Ended: July 7th, 2021
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

3 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 21,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

I'm the second owner. I've been on Pinside for almost 1 decade and have a flawless reputation as a buyer/seller. I'm a high-end collector and avid player, not a retailer. See my reviews for more detail.

This beauty has been in my collection for 2 years. Selling because I own delt31's wildly modded Pro and don't need 2 of (roughly) the same game. The gameplay, light show and audio are stunning.

The other TRON LE listed 6/28 (#174) says: "You won't find a better condition Tron LE". IMHO, this example is in better condition, with better upgrades. Just compare the photos...

Sales price based on the following:

- Best LE ever made by Stern, and demand for LE's is currently insane.
- Condition (look at this pristine shooter lane
- Heavily Modded

Mods added by me (2nd owner)

- Pin Stadium Lighting ($300)
- PinWoofer Speaker Upgrade ($250)
- Illuminated Hallmark Light Cycles ($200)
- TRON arcade mod v3.1 ($275)
- Transparent Disk Rubber (looks awesome, insane ball action, no black PF marks
- Custom Soundtrack

Mods added by 1st owner:

- ColorDMD
- Light up recognizer
- Flynn sign
- Shaker motor
- LED Speaker Panels with disc inserts
- TRON pinblades on chrome mirrors
- Pinbot florescent plastic protector kit

LE-specific features:

1 - Daft Punk Multiball
2 - Silver around PF inserts
3 - Drop targets instead of standups
4 - Moving Recognizer
5 - Color changing lighted ramps
6 - LED insert PCBs
7 - Alternating color flashers under the spinner
8 - Individually controlled recognizer inserts in front of the 3 target
9 - Chrome trim
10 - Metal apron with clear blue windows w/ flashers
11 - Metal PF rails
12 - Traditional lockdown bar and receiver
13 - LE numbered plaque on back box and signed certificate of authenticity
14 - Hologram sticker on translite

Game is in Jupiter, Florida. Prefer local sale, but will ship at buyers expense.

Item photos

IMG_2224 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2226 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2219 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2220 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2203 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2213 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2210 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2215 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2216 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2217 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4214 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are snaroff's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to snaroff's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Jupiter, FL, US

8 months later
#2 2 years ago

Relist bump.

#3 2 years ago

Holy shit this would be crazy but awesome at the same time. Damn - I should have held onto the LE I sold for 9.5k!

#4 2 years ago

*disclaimer* - I own one.

I've sold over 80+ pins and TronLE will be the one I regret the most if I ever sold it.

#5 2 years ago

How can anyone downvote such a beautiful game being sold by such a great seller? See my reviews...! Guess it's the price?

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I've sold over 80+ pins and TronLE will be the one I regret the most if I ever sold it.

I love my Tron LE and still play it regularly...but if this is where we're at now? After Snaroff's sells at $25k & someone really wants one...$30k takes mine.

#7 2 years ago

I will definitely miss mine. GLWS!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

How can anyone downvote such a beautiful game being sold by such a great seller? See my reviews...! Guess it's the price?

My first reaction to the price was along the lines of a Noob Noob quote

But maybe it is just me. I honestly don’t know what the game is worth, I just personally feel 25k for any game is beyond my comprehension.

For those reading, and perhaps considering buying, snaroff is extremely meticulous with his games.

GLWTS

#9 2 years ago

One NIB in UK - Only taken out the box to remove the batteries .. $10,500 ish for sale at the moment

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

One NIB in UK - Only taken out the box to remove the batteries .. $10,500 ish for sale at the moment

Wow...amazing deal. I paid more for mine 2 years ago!

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

One in UK - Only taken out the box to remove the batteries .. $10,500 ish for sale at the moment

Sounds about right. It has been a ~$10k pin forever. If some idiot paid Kaneda $25k that's on them.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm the second owner. Just crossed 200 plays.

Yikes... lets talk about how few games you played and why

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sounds about right. It has been a ~$10k pin forever. If some idiot paid Kaneda $25k that's on them.

PotC LE was a $10k pin for a time, GnR CE was a $12.5k pin 6 months ago. I don’t thing saying something used to be a certain price holds much water in today’s market.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Yikes... lets talk about how few games you played and why

This is my third TRON. The first and second got most of the plays. Game actually has 380 plays...my ad was written 8 months ago (will update).

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The idiot paid fattrain. Kaneda just reported it.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

LOL Stern SAM games don't have batteries!

#17 2 years ago

If JJP Pirates is any indication I predict a flood of Tron LE owners listing once they know what fattrain cashed his in for. Absolute insanity, good for him!!

From the action I saw on Tron LE, there are several more buyers out there seriously looking and willing to go high $$.

#18 2 years ago

Let me get this straight. The LE was 10k a year ago. Nothing has changed. The same amount of games are out there. But now it’s worth 25k??
Where is the gigantic sucker out there?
Every Tron owner will pump the price up on this thread.
Ugh.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

If JJP Pirates is any indication I predict a flood of Tron LE owners listing once they know what fattrain cashed his in for. Absolute insanity, good for him!!
From the action I saw on Tron LE, there are several more buyers out there seriously looking and willing to go high $$.

How is a JJP Pirates any indication of a completely different game?

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Guy with tron le wants to see the price rise. News at 5...

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Let me get this straight. The LE was 10k a year ago. Nothing has changed. The same amount of games are out there. But now it’s worth 25k??
Ugh.

That's how it goes. This hobby has gone to shit but I'm glad my collection is well established and I don't have to pay these asinine prices.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

The idiot paid fattrain. Kaneda just reported it.

Oh they are far from an idiot... I won't air their business but they're doing just fine in the finance department and extremely excited to get a pristine Tron LE with all the mods they wanted.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Ugh.

The market is relative to what else is in the market. POTC CE’s are selling for $38k now...sooo, Tron LE is another Disney license & beloved game & only 400 exist. Want one? Pry it from me. Justin’s sold for $25k, another sold for $20k. Once that shit happens, it’s hard to see it sliding back down. I remember when AFM randomly went from a $5k game to $8k+. Once people know a game has buyers at a certain price, why would anyone sell it lower?

BTW my price has gone up since my last post. $35k takes my Tron lol

#24 2 years ago

So one dumbass pays 25k for a pin and now everyone thinks that is the new market price? What?

#25 2 years ago

I still don’t understand the whole JJP debacle on pricing.
Has JJP officially announced they will never make POTC again?
All I’ve heard is speculation. And it’s usually from JJP POTC owners.
Has Stern officially announced they will never make Tron again??
Or is it more speculation and price pumping from Tron owners..........

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The market is relative to what else is in the market. POTC CE’s are selling for $38k now...sooo, Tron LE is another Disney license & beloved game & only 400 exist. Want one? Pry it from me. Justin’s sold for $25k, another sold for $20k. Once that shit happens, it’s hard to see it sliding back down. I remember when AFM randomly went from a $5k game to $8k+. Once people know a game has buyers at a certain price, why would anyone sell it lower?

Another Tron owner pumping...........

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just look at everyone who is commenting that this price is not insane. It's only Tron owners. Nothing new here, typical price pumping from owners.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I still don’t understand the whole JJP debacle on pricing.
Has JJP officially announced they will never make POTC again?
All I’ve heard is speculation. And it’s usually from JJP POTC owners.
Has Stern officially announced they will never make Tron again??

You're ignoring the CE and LE aspect. Even if there's some kind of re-run or vault (unlikely), Collectors Editions and Limited Editions will NEVER be made again.

Speculation and pumping is irrelevant when SALES have been made! Done deal.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Another Tron owner pumping...........

I love my Tron. I don't want to sell it. Someone waves da CASH at me....well, I'll have to reconsider.

Discussing the reality of current sales isn't pumping.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

All my LE’s are now on sale for 25k as well.
There’s ton of guys out there with tons of money buying these games for 25k. So you’ll have to give me 35k to pry outta my hands. Lol.
All Stern LE’s are limited and only so many exist.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're ignoring the CE and LE aspect. Even if there's some kind of re-run or vault (unlikely), Collectors Editions and Limited Editions will NEVER be made again.
Speculation and pumping is irrelevant when SALES have been made! Done deal.

BULLSHIT.
Send me the announcement that JJP will never remake LEs or Ces for POTC.
Didn’t JjP remake Hobbit with aBlack Arrow edition.
Didn’t JJP remake WOZ multiple times.
How about IMVE? Isn’t Iron Man a Disney product.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Most Stern LEs also have Premiums. Tron doesn't.

Also Tron rules & everyone wants one! No one wants your LE's lol

TO THE MOON! DIAMOND HANDS!!!!

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

All my LE’s are now on sale for 25k as well.
There’s ton of guys out there with tons of money buying these games for 25k. So you’ll have to give me 35k to pry outta my hands. Lol.

Almost all Stern LE's are jokes. Really. TRON LE is an outlier, and if you don't understand that, you don't know much.

#34 2 years ago

Send me the announcement that Stern will never remake Tron and I’m on board with any crazy price increase.
Unless you work at Stern and JJP, your opinion is just that.....a Tron pinball owner’s opinion.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most Stern LEs also have Premiums. Tron doesn't.
Also Tron rules & everyone wants one! No one wants your LE's lol
TO THE MOON! DIAMOND HANDS!!!!

Opinion.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Almost all Stern LE's are jokes. Really. TRON LE is an outlier, and if you don't understand that, you don't know much.

Opinion.

#37 2 years ago

As Rarehero pointed out, "Most Stern LE's also have Premiums" (which are the same exact game...only aesthetic differences).

That's not an opinion, that's a fact!

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Oh they are far from an idiot... I won't air their business but they're doing just fine in the finance department and extremely excited to get a pristine Tron LE with all the mods they wanted.

Pristine with that shooter lane, lol. Thanks for proving my point.

#39 2 years ago

Hey I love games appreciating but if you think someone that pays 25k for a tron LE is not an idiot, you’re an idiot too. No offense but there is no chance in hell that guy couldn’t have gotten a tron LE for cheaper. No doubt he would. Now if the trend continues, my argument becomes tougher b/.c FOMO is real in this hobby and if I’m an LE owner, I’m hoping this continues too!

oh - and jjp isn’t rerunning pirates any time soon if ever. Listen to Eric and Jack talk about it (per podcasts this year), apply common sense (no wide body setup anymore, backlogged forever on GnR and they need to issue new games) and then realize, pirates won’t be rerun for some time, if not ever. I personally think prices will go even higher for POTC. It will be the new King Kong.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

BULLSHIT.

POTC was a flop. It was expensive to build & hard to build correctly. The license has expired, and it's been inferred that it's done and they've moved on. Sure, ya never know...but it's highly unlikely.

Black Arrow wasn't a remake...it was a marketing strategy/reskin to move unsold games.

Quoted from kklank:

Irrelevant.

Quoted from kklank:

How about IMVE? Isn’t Iron Man a Disney product.

VE = Vault Edition. What part of "LIMITED EDITION" don't you understand?

settledown (resized).jpgsettledown (resized).jpg

#41 2 years ago

LOL

There is no Tron Premium is LITERALLY a fact. (and before someone shows the box that says Tron Premium...that's what LE boxes said back then lol)

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Send me the announcement that Stern will never remake Tron

Klank, when did you get so thick?

Tron LE is a LIMITED EDITION.

Limited means LIMITED.

Will. Not. Be. Remade. Ever.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey I love games appreciating but if you think someone that pays 25k for a tron LE is not an idiot, you’re an idiot too. No offense but there is no chance in hell that guy couldn’t have gotten a tron LE for cheaper. No doubt he would. Now if the trend continues, my argument becomes tougher b/.c FOMO is real in this hobby and if I’m an LE owner, I’m hoping this continues too!
oh - and jjp isn’t rerunning pirates any time soon if ever. Listen to Eric and Jack talk about it (per podcasts this year), apply common sense and then realize, pirates won’t be rerun for some time, if not ever.

For most normal people, we are all idiots! This is the only hobby where you can spend north of 10k for a NIB toy and spend months getting a game to work properly. When people are passionate about something, reason gets thrown out the door. People are currently paying Chevy dealers 25k "markup" and they get nothing...just the right to own a Corvette NOW (rather than wait 1-2 years).

#44 2 years ago

Based on the background in your pics I think I bought my wifes LE #289 from you on Ebay.

Damn, and I thought I was being taken for a ride at $14,500...

Shits been to HEP and back since then.

Glwts

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL
There is no Tron Premium is LITERALLY a fact. (and before someone shows the box that says Tron Premium...that's what LE boxes said back then lol)

Yeah who gives a shit. You’re pumping a Tron LE. That is Limited. I own a bunch of LE’s that are limited. So that means mine are now officially up for sale at
25k as well because they’re limited and Stern will never make them again because I say so.
Lmao.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Based on the background in your pics I think I bought my wifes LE #289 from you on Ebay.
Glwts

Another Tron owner. Nice.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For most normal people, we are all idiots! This is the only hobby where you can spend north of 10k for a NIB toy and spend months getting a game to work properly. When people are passionate about something, reason gets thrown out the door. People are currently paying Chevy dealers 25k "markup" and they get nothing...just the right to own a Corvette NOW (rather than wait 1-2 years).

I hear you and have absolutely no problem with you listing it at this price. The market is always the true judge and jury. That’s what makes this country the best

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Glwts

False. I've never sold a game on eBay. I've only sold a TRON Pro on Pinside (to a very happy buyer).

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Yeah who gives a shit. You’re pumping a Tron LE. That is Limited. I own a bunch of LE’s that are limited. So that means mine are now officially up for sale at
25k as well because they’re limited and Stern will never make them again because I say so.
Lmao.

I'm not pumping anything. Mine's not for sale...(but seriously, if you throw 40k at me, it's for sale)

Your LE's also have Premiums that are STILL IN PRODUCTION. That inherenty lowers their value, as anyone can get the same experience by buying a Prem instead.

Tron LE has no Premium. 400 LE's. That's it. Won't be remade. Period.

It's weird that you don't understand this & that you're getting so angry.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

BULLSHIT.

They haven't remade anything since WOZ/Hobbit.
Past performance is not a guarantee of future results.

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.