tron-weird-guy (resized).jpg
BCB816BC-FA85-47F9-9F1D-2E3FD02CBFFE (resized).jpeg
IMG_3537 (resized).JPG
5705def551503cec02a07bdde687fb8c06a9f3be (resized).jpeg
Del_sprite (resized).jpg
E72647A2-FE00-449D-AF28-E89408CB45B1 (resized).jpeg
EB056245-C5B4-4C3E-AA33-5BAAC9FDA336 (resized).jpeg
81FD7780-2526-429B-BB3F-D1CE9204D5A0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 2 years ago

I own this game and mine is so mint it looks like it hasn't even been put new in the box yet. With that being said this game isn't worth 25 or even 15k. Kaneda saying someone sold their game for 25k I don't believe it. There is just no way! A game doesn't go from about 10 or 12 to 25 over night no way no how.

You wont sell this game for 25k today, tomorrow, next week, next year or ever because its not worth it. Don’t get me wrong I love TRON and would love to see a JJP version of the game. With that being said you either did this to see if what Kaneda said is true that there really are dumb, desperate and very wealthy buyers out there waiting to POUNCE on an absurd price or you just wanted attention. I’m going to go with you wanted attention because you added a forum, even though you KNEW it would spark a riot.

Just like the guy who asked for 40k for his Pirates CE, you’re so out of bounds, to find a buyer you’re going to need a lot of dumb luck. If you’re trying to PUSH the envelope to see what the peak actually is... maybe you should have tried to sell the game for $16,500, 18,000 something like that. You still probably wouldn’t have sold it but maybe you would get some offers.

Instead you went for the MOON giving the entire hobby another shot of absurdity.

On the other hand I do have a TRON LE, so maybe deep down I hope you get this sale done. Mine will be up for sale the following day in fact if anyone wants a NICER TRON LE let me know... price is $24,998.00 and I’ll throw in shipping. Let’s see if I get an offer. LOL

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Speaking bread have you check recently. Fuel up, plastic up, commodities up, wood up, and shipping up. All cost of goods are up. Yes inflation. Yes the Fed can say no inflation but reality is different. Go bitcoin, gold and Ethereum.

Yes and it's very concerning. People only seem to be bothered by social issues these days and nothing about economics. Still, pinball is a luxury item not some commodity. Games like Tron LE command a high price due to rarity and demand. No different than any other collectible. You can still buy a Tron pro much cheaper and any nib way cheaper.

#153 2 years ago

Before this "ONE" sale, Tron was a 10K to 15K game and still will be that price for the time being. No pinball enthusiast on pinside is going to pay over that. Ebay is a different story. As far as this ad, it was just to try to capitalize on the sale. A "why not" scenario. Nothing wrong with that. I am sure a Tron LE owner would accept 15K.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ridiculous. I guess I should hope assets DON'T reach for record prices? Hmm...hope my homes/stocks go down in value? I've owned many homes in many states. Just like with pinball, you win some, you lose some. If you buy right/smart, you make more than someone that chooses poorly.
btw...NJ, a place I'm very familiar with (grew up near Montvale, Upper Saddle River) has become greedy when it comes to taxes. That's one of the reasons Florida real estate is BOOMING...running from the tax man. No income tax in Florida and the property taxes are fair. Come down!

it's a bit of a digression, but price increases for houses/stocks/etc. are generally ok if they occur in a reasonable and steady manner. it's not that I don't hope they reach record prices, but I am more concerned with the pace. Prices doubling seemingly overnight or otherwise rising sharply will hurt more people than they help.

Fl is a place I would consider moving, but I am not so enamored with the threat of hurricanes/flooding, which where I live now is extremely low.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I own this game and mine is so mint it looks like it hasn't even been put new in the box yet. With that being said this game isn't worth 25 or even 15k. Kaneda saying someone sold their game for 25k I don't believe it. There is just no way! A game doesn't go from about 10 or 12 to 25 over night no way no how.
You wont sell this game for 25k today, tomorrow, next week, next year or ever because its not worth it. Don’t get me wrong I love TRON and would love to see a JJP version of the game. With that being said you either did this to see if what Kaneda said is true that there really are dumb, desperate and very wealthy buyers out there waiting to POUNCE on an absurd price or you just wanted attention. I’m going to go with you wanted attention because you added a forum, even though you KNEW it would spark a riot.
Just like the guy who asked for 40k for his Pirates CE, you’re so out of bounds, to find a buyer you’re going to need a lot of dumb luck. If you’re trying to PUSH the envelope to see what the peak actually is... maybe you should have tried to sell the game for $16,500, 18,000 something like that. You still probably wouldn’t have sold it but maybe you would get some offers.
Instead you went for the MOON giving the entire hobby another shot of absurdity.
On the other hand I do have a TRON LE, so maybe deep down I hope you get this sale done. Mine will be up for sale the following day in fact if anyone wants a NICER TRON LE let me know... price is $24,998.00 and I’ll throw in shipping. Let’s see if I get an offer. LOL

I will see if can find that contact info of the guy who offered me $18k three months ago as sounds like you would sell. He was a pinsider but saw game in another listing I did on Craigslist. I thought about it hard even asked a few friends on it before saying no.

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Seller says he doesn’t need the money so why this price tag? To check the hobby is crazy? We already know it.
Curious to know how much he paid for it from the previous owner. For sale since 8 months...lets put it half the price and probably moved in the day

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Before this "ONE" sale, Tron was a 10K to 15K game and still will be that price for the time being. No pinball enthusiast on pinside is going to pay over that. Ebay is a different story. As far as this ad, it was just to try to capitalize on the sale. A "why not" scenario. Nothing wrong with that. I am sure a Tron LE owner would accept 15K.

I’m pretty sure you are wrong, but we’ll see. Once a new high is set in the market, it often becomes the new normal going forward.

At one time, there was just “ONE” sale of POtC LE above 10K, but look where we are now.

I’ve felt for a LONG time that TronLE was undervalued in the market as it’s been the same price for the last 5+ years. The *ONLY* factor that was keeping the price down was the remake threat. But now that Stern has a backlog of 5000 games and sells 1000s of every new release, it’s looking super slim that a remake will ever happen. So the price finally adjusts to the reality, rarity and demand.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I am sure a Tron LE owner would accept 15K.

Nah. $30k takes mine, and gets the Del Taco bonus.

Otherwise I'm just gonna keep playing it.

#159 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I’m pretty sure you are wrong, but we’ll see. Once a new high is set in the market, it often becomes the new normal going forward.
At one time, there was just “ONE” sale of POtC LE above 10K, but look where we are now.
I’ve felt for a LONG time that TronLE was undervalued in the market as it’s been the same price for the last 5+ years. The *ONLY* factor that was keeping the price down was the remake threat. But now that Stern has a backlog of 5000 games and sells 1000s of every new release, it’s looking super slim that a remake will ever happen. So the price finally adjusts to the reality, rarity and demand.

So are you saying the Addams Family Golds are now going for 20K?

#160 2 years ago

Agree, approve or not, Why crap on someone’s for sale post?

Arguments like this remind me of this. This is how people see pinball arguments from outside the hobby.

81FD7780-2526-429B-BB3F-D1CE9204D5A0 (resized).jpeg81FD7780-2526-429B-BB3F-D1CE9204D5A0 (resized).jpeg
#161 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Agree, approve or not, Why crap on someone’s for sale post?
Arguments like this remind me of this. This is how people see pinball arguments from outside the hobby.[quoted image]

Because internet.

#162 2 years ago

I’m a buyer at $11.5k otherwise it’s not worth it to me, I could get 3-4 pins for $25k.

I suspect the seller will keep the pin or sell it at a lower price.

#163 2 years ago

FFS we get it. Yours is not for sale unless it's an asinine price. We all have games we feel that way about.

Quoted from Rarehero:

$30k takes mine

Quoted from Rarehero:

$35k takes my Tron

Quoted from Rarehero:

if you throw 40k at me

Quoted from Rarehero:

You can bring mine home for a mere $30k

Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah. $30k takes mine

#164 2 years ago

I guess there is a positive...if you have 3-4 pins to trade for a 25K Tron, one would clear up some space in the house
I am hoping to set a record soon on a MOP LE!
Let's just play some pinball!!

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

FFS we get it. Yours is not for sale unless it's an asinine price. We all have games we feel that way about.

So you're enjoying my schtick, is what you're saying?

#166 2 years ago

If i'm a pinball manufacturer right now and reading all these for sale threads for crazy money.... I know the hobby is ready for another big price increase.

Glwts by the way. Nothing against a guy who wants to sell his things to the price he wants.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah. $30k takes mine, and gets the Del Taco bonus.
Otherwise I'm just gonna keep playing it.

How about a $1.00 Del Taco gift certificate and a nice Casio?

E72647A2-FE00-449D-AF28-E89408CB45B1 (resized).jpegE72647A2-FE00-449D-AF28-E89408CB45B1 (resized).jpegEB056245-C5B4-4C3E-AA33-5BAAC9FDA336 (resized).jpegEB056245-C5B4-4C3E-AA33-5BAAC9FDA336 (resized).jpeg
#168 2 years ago

Guess I should list mine for 18k #269

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Seller says he doesn’t need the money so why this price tag? To check the hobby is crazy?

Didn’t you read? Because it’s fun!

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

If i'm a pinball manufacturer right now and reading all these for sale threads for crazy money.... I know the hobby is ready for another big price increase.

I mean, we're already in it. As soon as Batman '66 Super LE was $12,500 in 2016, boom, we were there. From that point, Dutch tried to sell BOP 3.0 for the same price...then they started to sell Lebowski for that price. Jack sold POTC CE for that price...I think...or was it 10k? Anyway, GnR CE was also that price. Elvira Couch Edition was $15k. It's goofy AF, but they can totally get away with selling the top limited models for wacky bucks.

#171 2 years ago

My personal opinion for what it is worth . . .

It's a free market, and the market will always set the "right" price. In other words, things are worth whatever a given individual is willing to pay for them. Unfortunately, not all of us can play at all levels given our financial situations and priorities. If you truly want something that is beyond your current means, then it is up to you to figure out a way to make it happen (ethically and legally, of course).

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

This is such baloney. Did you know that about 4 or 5 years ago there was window of time where Tron LE was selling for $13,500? It’s absolute peak from before and since. They’ve been available for thousands less since then, on the occasion they come up for sale. Prices certainly trend upward over time, but they also go up and down on most games and then eventually settle below their peak. TSPP, LOTR and a handful of others might be the exception to the rule. So what?

There’s a temporary restriction on game production and distribution due to Covid. Once the flood gates open again a lot of people are going to have some level of buyers remorse. And for the rich dudes that won’t, lucky them.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

There is just no way! A game doesn't go from about 10 or 12 to 25 over night no way no how.
You wont sell this game for 25k today, tomorrow, next week, next year or ever because its not worth it.

Think we got confirmation from the recent seller in post 82.

#174 2 years ago

At this rate BTTF SLE is gonna be 100k plus!

#175 2 years ago

Someone buy my modded Tron Pro, it's a going out of business sale!....8K, Everything must go!

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So you're enjoying my schtick, is what you're saying?

I always enjoy your schtick...

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Didn’t you read? Because it’s fun!

Bingo.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Curious to know how much he paid for it from the previous owner.

I paid $10,500 2.5 years ago (not including shipping from NJ->FL). Game came with 2 new LE ramps that are no longer in production.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This is such baloney. Did you know that about 4 or 5 years ago there was window of time where Tron LE was selling for $13,500?

It’s not - but whatever, no reason to argue with you. As I’ve owned my Tron LE since 2015, I’m quite aware of what prices have been the entire time I’ve owned it.

I haven’t sold it since I bought it because a) it’s awesome, b) it’s rare, c) it’s undervalued in the market. I’m pretty sure there’s about 400 other owners who feel the same. Is it worth $25k? $20k? The market will decide. But I doubt you’ll be seeing any listed for much less than those prices until we get a couple of market points.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can bring mine home for a mere $30k, baaaaybeeee! I'll even deliver & bring Del Taco, including Lemonade Poppers! What a refreshing deal!
[quoted image]

Only thing I learned in this thread is that everyone has an opinion and I Sooooo want to get one of those drinks now! Dam that looks good!

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Only thing I learned in this thread is that everyone has an opinion and I Sooooo want to get one of those drinks now! Dam that looks good!

If you don't have a Del Taco near you...I don't think they're in IL...you can make them yourself. You can order any flavor of "popping boba" online...toss 'em in a glass of Minute Maid Zero Sugar lemonade, and boom...you got yourself a fun and refreshing drink!

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If you don't have a Del Taco near you...I don't think they're in IL...you can make them yourself. You can order any flavor of "popping boba" online...toss 'em in a glass of Minute Maid Zero Sugar lemonade, and boom...you got yourself a fun and refreshing drink!

Thanks man! My daughter drinks this boba whatever all the time. This recipe may have converted me lol.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks man! My daughter drinks this boba whatever all the time. This recipe may have converted me lol.

There are two kinds of boba. The traditional gummy/chewy ones and these smaller popping ones. The popping ones have a thin “skin” & juicie inside!

#182 2 years ago

See, now we are getting somewhere =)
I am going to try to make the Boba Lemonade. I actually have Boba. This post is beneficial to all of us. Cheers!!

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

See, now we are getting somewhere =)
I am going to try to make the Boba Lemonade. I actually have Boba. This post is beneficial to all of us. Cheers!!

Last year, Del Taco made it with Sprite! You can really just make it with any drink you want. I'm a fan of using something sugar free, cuz then it's not quite so horrible for me.

Del_sprite (resized).jpgDel_sprite (resized).jpg
#184 2 years ago

Never heard about boba until reading about a shortage this week. Does kinda make me want it a bit more. Kind of like this Tron.

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My personal opinion for what it is worth . . .
It's a free market, and the market will always set the "right" price. In other words, things are worth whatever a given individual is willing to pay for them. Unfortunately, not all of us can play at all levels given our financial situations and priorities. If you truly want something that is beyond your current means, then it is up to you to figure out a way to make it happen (ethically and legally, of course).

I agree to some point. If you have true FU money then a $25k Tron LE is nothing. If I made $2 million a year and did not want to wait I would probably pay $25k for a Tron. The problem is the person who will pay $25K for a tron le is few and far between. I would bet to say that NO ONE ELSE will ever pay that much for a Tron LE. This one will sit forever until he lowers his price. I have some friends who make insane money and they would not pay $25K for this.

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from Jack8765:

Never heard about boba until reading about a shortage this week. Does kinda make me want it a bit more. Kind of like this Tron.

love some boba, I think I will stop and grab me one tonight.

#187 2 years ago

I hope he gets it... why does anyone care what someone else sells their personal property for?

Bunch of entitled whiners that are mad their hobby is now popular enough to attract people with money to burn.

#188 2 years ago

The 25K one that was sold had blue armor and a chrome door. Why would you mess with an LE. I think the original chrome armor is sweet!
My opinion of course

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I hope he gets it... why does anyone care what someone else sells their personal property for?
Bunch of entitled whiners that are mad their hobby is now popular enough to attract people with money to burn.

While I agree for the most part, this thread is an obvious joke to all of us who actually buy and sell games/play them/own them, etc...i.e. actual people in the hobby.

But say some not-in-the-hobby goofball that inherits a dank old High Speed from their father in law after they pass comes across this thread, and much like the ever hated "but I saw it on eBay for this amount!" statement, they see this thread and say "well some guy paid 25k for a pinball machine, THEREFORE, this one is worth it too!"? It's just bad for the overall health of the hobby, and while it MAY initially drive people to buy more NIB games, it ultimately forces more people out, and causes people to resent the hobby and people in it.

I dunno, this whole "trend" of legit unrealistic pricing is but a bad joke at this point, and may cause more harm than good.

Poor form. Yello card. Flag on the play. Foul.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I dunno, this whole "trend" of legit unrealistic pricing is but a bad joke at this point, and may cause more harm than good.
Poor form. Yello card. Flag on the play. Foul.

Wah? Its not unrealistic if people pay it now is it?

I used to collect vintage guitars but when those got crazy expensive I had to stop.

This happens in all kinds of hobbies as they grow and demand outstrips supply.

Just because you "like pinball" doesnt mean you are entitled to own them.

I like boats... do I want to buy one? hell no, they are overpriced money vacuums.

#191 2 years ago

All it means is that when you sell a machine today, the new machine you decide to buy will be inflated as well. Just like with real estate right now. Collectors might be holding on to their pinballs now since getting them back will be costly.

Although at 25K, that is an easy sell lol

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I agree to some point. If you have true FU money then a $25k Tron LE is nothing. If I made $2 million a year and did not want to wait I would probably pay $25k for a Tron. The problem is the person who will pay $25K for a tron le is few and far between. I would bet to say that NO ONE ELSE will ever pay that much for a Tron LE. This one will sit forever until he lowers his price. I have some friends who make insane money and they would not pay $25K for this.

Yeah but did you ever think multiple buyers at $20-25k on JJP POTC or $12,500 for NIB pin?

#193 2 years ago

Nope.

Jersey Jacked Up Pinball Prices!! Pretty nice phrase I think.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I remember when AFM randomly went from a $5k game to $8k+

That was a shill bid on eBay, but it didn't mater. After that, ALL AFMs went up. I still remember the shock of that....

Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, we're already in it. As soon as Batman '66 Super LE was $12,500 in 2016, boom, we were there. From that point, Dutch tried to sell BOP 3.0 for the same price...then they started to sell Lebowski for that price. Jack sold POTC CE for that price...I think...or was it 10k? Anyway, GnR CE was also that price. Elvira Couch Edition was $15k. It's goofy AF, but they can totally get away with selling the top limited models for wacky bucks.

They can only get away with it because this community empowers it by continuing to buy at ever-increasing prices.

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

I hate to tell you but the hobby was already full of those

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Yeah but did you ever think multiple buyers at $20-25k on JJP POTC or $12,500 for NIB pin?

I knew $12500 was coming for NIB eventually.

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That was a shill bid on eBay, but it didn't mater. After that, ALL AFMs went up. I still remember the shock of that....

Well, that moment allowed me to sell my AFM for $8200, which I then used to buy my Tron LE! Ahhhh, see...bringing things back around full circle!

Quoted from NPO:

They can only get away with it because this community empowers it by continuing to buy at ever-increasing prices.

Ultimately, the market decides. I think ALL hobbies have old-schoolers and hardcores who have their pulse on what things should cost and what they're worth...but you will always have newbs who enter the hobby with cash and little patience. They want it now and are willing to pay. We can't force someone to not spend what they want to spend to get the thing they want. It is what it is.

#198 2 years ago

Wait a second.....this Tron LE hasn’t sold already for $25,000.00. LMAO!

Where is the giant sucker that would spend that kind of money for an 11k game??

I mean all the Tron owners say it’s worth
25k or more so it must be worth that right????

I am offering a discount for all my Stern LE’s for 15k. That’s 10 grand off what a deal.

Anything that is connected to that dooshbag, Kaneda, must be the truth right?

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

This has nothing to do with Kaneda. Our dear friend, sweet baby Fattrain sold his on eBay for $25k. It's a verifiable fact.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Wait a second.....this Tron LE hasn’t sold already for $25,000.00. LMAO!
Where is the giant sucker that would spend that kind of money for an 11k game??
I mean all the Tron owners say it’s worth
25k or more so it must be worth that right????
I am offering a discount for all my Stern LE’s for 15k. That’s 10 grand off what a deal.

Your vibe that all Stern LE's are worth the same coin is just bizarre. Let's take LZ LE...a game you own. It's price will plummet while TRON LE will continue to rise. License, light show, gameplay...they all matter. And LZ is an extremely underwhelming game. Premium is identical.

Yes, that's my opinion...not fact. And it hurts me to have this opinion, since I'm a huge Rock and Roll pin fan and LZ is one of my favorite bands. Oh yeah, I typically love Steve Ritchies work as well (still own/love STTNG and ACDC). Sucks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249/page/4?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.