tron-weird-guy (resized).jpg
BCB816BC-FA85-47F9-9F1D-2E3FD02CBFFE (resized).jpeg
IMG_3537 (resized).JPG
5705def551503cec02a07bdde687fb8c06a9f3be (resized).jpeg
Del_sprite (resized).jpg
E72647A2-FE00-449D-AF28-E89408CB45B1 (resized).jpeg
EB056245-C5B4-4C3E-AA33-5BAAC9FDA336 (resized).jpeg
81FD7780-2526-429B-BB3F-D1CE9204D5A0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 2 years ago

Steve when you sell this for $25K will it be "Libations for everyone"? Or at least for your Florida pals?

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL Stern SAM games don't have batteries!

Does it not have the CR032 battery?

#103 2 years ago

A new TRON 82’ with today’s technology would be cool if they announced that next year for the 40th anniversary or a new TRON 3 pin.

Side note since this thread is up and down ...Once completed, very excited to ride the new Disney World TRON Light Cycle rollercoaster!!

#104 2 years ago

When I sold mine it was to fund a new Dialed In and I have no regrets. Next to the newer games it was starting to look dated with the orange DMD and incandescent GI. I got just over $10K for it.

I really thought it had hit the price ceiling, but this hobby continues to baffle me over and over.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

When I sold mine it was to fund a new Dialed In and I have no regrets. Next to the newer games it was starting to look dated with the orange DMD and incandescent GI. I got just over $10K for it.
I really thought it had hit the price ceiling, but this hobby continues to baffle me over and over.

The ColorDMD looks awesome on this game...no need to live with the orange DMD!

Rare, desirable items have no price ceiling. The disposable cash being generated by the stock market fuels it...certainly not salaries.

If there were 400 LE's made, about half end up abroad...so 200-250 in the United States (max)? That's a really small number for a unique game with an iconic license. I sold my DILE recently and was lucky to get my money out. As much as collectors love the "original" themes, the masses prefer titles/licenses they recognize.

Quoted from Pinhead1982:

It does...you can see it in one of the photos.

#106 2 years ago

Sorry but all what you say is just subjective.
« Best Stern LE game ever made », well you lost me here.
I had sold mine around 8k€ some year ago, it was not as modded as yours. I just sold it as i paid it. No loss. No profit.
But everybody is free to do what he wants.

#107 2 years ago

Dream on. Kaneda’s full of shit on pricing. This is the man that wanted to corner the market on Magic Girls.

$25K for Tron LE? $50K for a JM Matrix retheme? Lol. I’ll have what he’s smoking.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Let me get this straight. The LE was 10k a year ago. Nothing has changed. The same amount of games are out there. But now it’s worth 25k??
Where is the gigantic sucker out there?
Every Tron owner will pump the price up on this thread.
Ugh.

No pump up here. If you have had one they are super fun game. Last playfield in my collection that stern made that shows no dimpling. A year ago it was hard to find one for 10k with the correct extensive mods was higher. I would not sell mine for $25k. One of the first led games. I enjoy the game to much and could not replace easily. There is only 400 world wide. No premium was made. Would I pay $25k for any game? No, but not what I have into the game. Selling and getting another my time is more valuable. I think the game sells between $20-25k. I got offered $18k locally three months ago. Got contacted thru pinside as was in my collection. I told him the price is not the issue but I am not willing to sell the game at this time. There are buyers out there. Better to pay up for a proven game than to buy every LE looking for that winner. You loose on 8 to get the one that people want.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry but all what you say is just subjective.
« Best Stern LE game ever made », well you lost me here.
I had sold mine around 8k€ some year ago, it was not as modded as yours. I just sold it as i paid it. No loss. No profit.
But everybody is free to do what he wants.

This "LE" has 14 unique features above the Pro. THERE IS NO TRON PREMIUM. As soon as Stern added "PREMIUMS", buyers could get THE SAME EXACT FEATURE SET as the LE. The Premium/LE difference for Stern only contains aesthetic/artwork differences. Having software differences (like Daft Punk MB) is extremely rare.

I stand by my opinion that TRON LE is one of the top Stern LE's of all-time, but I LOVE the gameplay first and foremost. That's why I currently own 2!

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This "LE" has 14 unique features above the Pro. THERE IS NO TRON PREMIUM. As soon as Stern added "PREMIUMS", buyers could get THE SAME EXACT FEATURE SET as the LE. The Premium/LE difference for Stern only contains aesthetic/artwork differences. Having software differences (like Daft Punk MB) is extremely rare.
I stand by my opinion that TRON LE is one of the top Stern LE's of all-time, but I LOVE the gameplay first and foremost. That's why I currently own 2!

Man, you are working it.

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

No pump up here. If you have had one they are super fun game. Last playfield in my collection that stern made that shows no dimpling. A year ago it was hard to find one for 10k with the correct extensive mods. I would not sell mine for $25k. I enjoy the game to much and could not replace. There is only 400 world wide. No premium was made. Would I pay $25k for any game? No, but not what I have into the game. Selling and getting another my time is more valuable. I think the game sells between $20-25k. I got offered $18k locally three months ago. Got contacted thru pinside as was in my collection. I told him the price is not the issue but I am not willing to sell the game at this time.

Yep. If I didn't have an awesomely modded Pro that plays great, I wouldn't be selling this (at any price).

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Man, you are working it.

I'm not "working it"...I'm speaking my mind. Sorry it bothers you! I don't need the $$ and could give a crap if this sells! Actually amusing to see how much it bothers people like you...

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It is your opinion. Mine is this game just deserve its current ranking, no more.
I don’t care if there is no premium as for x-men LE that i prefer over Tron by the way. I doesn’t not justify the price gap between pro and Le in my opinion.
You are free to do what you want and sell the LE plate for over 15k.

#113 2 years ago

Man, you are working it.

In December 2020 a standard heavily moded Tron sold for $10k locally. It had the right back glass etc. Then April a non moded Tron with the not sought after trans light sold for $6500. The one at $6500 sold instantly with buyers lined up. Sales are all over the place.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

It is your opinion. Mine is this game just deserve its current ranking, no more.
I don’t care if there is no premium as for x-men LE that i prefer over Tron by the way. I doesn’t not justify the price gap between pro and Le in my opinion.
You are free to do what you want and sell the LE plate for over 15k.

Of course it's "my opinion". These are games, for god sake. We all have different tastes! I like Avocado's and could care less if you do!

#115 2 years ago

Weird how the most bumped recent thread is for a 25k Tron Le. I believe that this was my buddy's game, sold to Snaroff. Fun game, but nothing is 25k fun unless it involves a dessert island, drugs, a helicopter, massage oils and a private chef. Just my opinion.

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Of course it's "my opinion". These are games, for god sake. We all have different tastes! I like Avocado's and could care less if you do!

Avocados are my favorite fruits
Then common point!

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Almost all Stern LE's are jokes. Really. TRON LE is an outlier, and if you don't understand that, you don't know much.

#118 2 years ago

The dumb money has to dry up eventually, right? Cause pins at this price are just dumb. This hobby is starting to grate me the wrong way.

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Weird how the most bumped recent thread is for a 25k Tron Le. I believe that this was my buddy's game, sold to Snaroff. Fun game, but nothing is 25k fun unless it involves a dessert island, drugs, a helicopter, massage oils and a private chef. Just my opinion.

I'll take the massage oils and private chef for 10k. The island/helicopter is a little too Jeffrey Epstein for me

#120 2 years ago

$11.5k cash.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

One NIB in UK - Only taken out the box to remove the batteries .. $10,500 ish for sale at the moment

I am confused. Isn’t it 10,000 GBP? That is $13,900 USD.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

The dumb money has to dry up eventually, right? Cause pins at this price are just dumb. This hobby is starting to grate me the wrong way.

It maybe dumb or it maybe smart. Only time will tell. You can read these threads from 7 years ago on the stupid prices. If those stupid prices where around today we would all buy it in seconds. I never thought a beanie baby would sell for over $500,000 or $750,000 for a comic book you can only keep in a safe and never read. There are plenty of art or collectibles that get crazy. Then more crazy. Then beyond crazy. If you had two bitcoins a year ago. It would be worth $110,000 today. Buying a Tron LE for $25k is like $1700 in that scenario.

#123 2 years ago

If you don't think it's worth $25000 then don't buy it or make what you think is a reasonable offer. It's really not that difficult.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If you don't think it's worth $25000 then don't buy it or make what you think is a reasonable offer. It's really not that difficult.

Thank you for being a voice of reason Feel free to upvote my post, to balance all the misguided downvotes!

#125 2 years ago

Been in the hobby a long time and things are getting weird!

Tron is just an average game, moved mine on ages ago.

I guess it's no more weird than the money being spent on digital art

Must dash to buy a dozen or so Mermaids

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Thank you for being a voice of reason Feel free to upvote my post, to balance all the misguided downvotes!

Going down this rabbit hole of insane prices is hurting us all in the long run. Obviously you can ask whatever you want, but I think what gets some people annoyed is the fact that indirectly we all end up footing the bill due to this hyper inflated market. It’s not just pins alone...it’s happening with a lot of goods and services throughout the country. Probably some of it pandemic related, but not all. Some of it is pure old fashioned price gouging plain and simple. Not saying this particular for sale ad is. However, it does contribute to the cycle that we are seeing.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Going down this rabbit hole of insane prices is hurting us all in the long run. Obviously you can ask whatever you want, but I think what gets some people annoyed is the fact that indirectly we all end up footing the bill due to this hyper inflated market. It’s not just pins alone...it’s happening with a lot of goods and services throughout the country. Probably some of it pandemic related, but not all. Some of it is pure old fashioned price gouging plain and simple. Not saying this particular for sale ad is. However, it does contribute to the cycle that we are seeing.

The motto for many in 2021 is cash is trash! I hear it daily. Hard assets! The governments around the world just keep printing cash! Heck I just sold a 2006 boat for more than I bought in 2006. It is because the new ones are insane on price. It sold in hours. Guy drove 20 hours. Dollars aren’t worth what they use to be.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Been in the hobby a long time and things are getting weird!
Tron is just an average game, moved mine on ages ago.
I guess it's no more weird than the money being spent on digital art
Must dash to buy a dozen or so Mermaids

I agree. Definitely a weird feeling as of late. It’s really caused me to step back and be thankful I was able to build up a nice collection to enjoy. Hopefully things will start to level off soon. I’ve forced myself to drop the fomo and just play and have fun with the games I already have. It seemed like I was more into acquiring the next shiny new thing instead of enjoying what I had.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Sorry, a few people asking outrageous money for a pinball machine is not going to raise the price of bread. I know everyone is fighting the good fight but this is getting ridiculous. Nobody needs any pinball machine let alone a high end limited edition one. It's a pure luxury item.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:The motto for many in 2021 is cash is trash! I hear it daily. Hard assets! The governments around the world just keep printing cash!

Unfortunately true. A little unsettling for sure to say the least.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sorry, a few people asking outrageous money for a pinball machine is not going to raise the price of bread. I know everyone is fighting the good fight but this is getting ridiculous. Nobody needs any pinball machine let alone a high end limited edition one. It's a pure luxury item.

I get and understand what you’re saying. Have you really paid attention to the price of everyday common items? All going up up and up. This luxury item inflation we are seeing is just a microcosm of a much bigger problem.

#132 2 years ago

Stern is the only company that I trust and maybe Spooky too, that will not remake LE's. Worst offender has got to be JJP with WozECLE, WozRRLE, WozYBRLE etc and CGC with MMrLE followed by MMrRE. Tron LE is a very rare, unique game that has significant physical and code differences over the pro with no premium. At only 400 games worldwide, with no premiums that can be modded to LEs creates the potential for the games price to go up just from the rarity standpoint. I personally would not let mine go for $25K not because I want to price pump or hype it but because it has that special connection to me.I went out of my way to get a sider for it as well. I understand that the game and price may not be for everyone and I hate that pin prices are going through the roof.

Tron LE (resized).jpgTron LE (resized).jpg
#133 2 years ago

Your EL siderail and hinges are super cool as blue armor

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

When homes in your neighborhood are selling for all-time highs, is it hurting you? Of course not.

fwiw, all the games I've sold have been fairly priced with very happy customers (free to read my reviews).

I listed this because I think the market is as crazy as everyone else. Since I LOVE the game and don't need the money, it's just fun to see what happens. I know for my taste in games/licenses, I'd rather have this than a JJP Pirates CE!

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

When homes in your neighborhood are selling for all-time highs, is it hurting you? Of course not.
fwiw, all the games I've sold have been fairly priced with very happy customers (free to read my reviews).
I listed this because I think the market is as crazy as everyone else. Since I LOVE the game and don't need the money, it's just fun to see what happens. I know for my taste in games/licenses, I'd rather have this than a JJP Pirates CE!

Actually, it does hurt when homes are selling at record prices for two reasons. First, it means houses in that neighborhood will all be reassessed and property taxes will rise (at least that's how it works in my area of NJ). Second, if you sell your house at a record, you now have to find a new house, which may also be at that same record.

From a pinball perspective, I worry these massive price increases block out new entrants to the market (we need new people for many reasons) and it puts upward pressure on lower end games. In my view, things started to get a bit out of control when toppers crossed $500.

That said, it is a free market and people can ask and offer whatever they want. I have no problem with the asking price in this thread and if the ultimate buyer is happy, so be it. The market will adjust over time, it's just crazy right now.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

So does a Zelda cartridge. Nothing happens to those.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:Stern is the only company that I trust and maybe Spooky too, that will not remake LE's. Worst offender has got to be JJP with WozECLE, WozRRLE, WozYBRLE etc and CGC with MMrLE followed by MMrRE. Tron LE is a very rare, unique game that has significant physical and code differences over the pro with no premium. At only 400 games worldwide, with no premiums that can be modded to LEs creates the potential for the games price to go up just from the rarity standpoint. I personally would not let mine go for $25K not because I want to price pump or hype it but because it has that special connection to me.I went out of my way to get a sider for it as well. I understand that the game and price may not be for everyone and I hate that pin prices are going through the roof.
[quoted image]

LE for JJP and CGC means latest edition

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Actually, it does hurt when homes are selling at record prices for two reasons. First, it means houses in that neighborhood will all be reassessed and property taxes will rise (at least that's how it works in my area of NJ). Second, if you sell your house at a record, you now have to find a new house, which may also be at that same record.
From a pinball perspective, I worry these massive price increases block out new entrants to the market (we need new people for many reasons) and it puts upward pressure on lower end games. In my view, things started to get a bit out of control when toppers crossed $500.
That said, it is a free market and people can ask and offer whatever they want. I have no problem with the asking price in this thread and if the ultimate buyer is happy, so be it. The market will adjust over time, it's just crazy right now.

New games are selling well which are mainly the new buyers along with the established guys. The new stern games and jjp is paradigm shift. I am old school as I like 90’s games. Many if younger buyers do not. The one guy called my old school. His 9 pins were no older than 4 years old. His oldest game was ghost busters. That is why the top 25 list has so many recent games. My kids prefer our recent made game over the older games due to the deep rulesets, lights and displays. The pro’s are great games also and fairly priced. Everyone your dollar is not work as much we added 16 trillion in debt in 14 years. Sorry

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

“Your Pinsiders were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If there is unlimited supply your house would go down in value. Just like pins. A few high prices on a limited number of pins makes others buy hoping they can pick the new game that everyone wants. There are still great buys out there. Remember when every pin you bought you lost 25 percent right away? Glad that isn’t the case anymore. Some collect. Some just play. Others it is a hobby. Some it is art. Some it is a business like yourself.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Totally OT but on the housing topic it is very sad for new families just starting out, housing prices here are crazy! Wages don’t even come close to matching housing costs. There are lots of people selling homes in Cali etc and moving here with lots of $$$ in their pockets. Many young families trying to start a family are shut out of buying a home, even rentals are thru the roof!

Back on topic.. I love Tron more than lamp!

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

New games are selling well which are mainly the new buyers along with the established guys. The new stern games and jjp is paradigm shift. I am old school as I like 90’s games. Many if younger buyers do not. The one guy called my old school. His 9 pins were no older than 4 years old. His oldest game was ghost busters. That is why the 25 list has so many recent games. My kids prefer our recent mad game over the older games due to the deep rulesets, lights and displays. The pro’s are great games also and fairly priced. Everyone your dollar is not work as much we added 16 trillion in debt in 14 years. Sorry

Are 90's pins Old School now? And who are these fossils lining up for the Fathom remake?

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

His 9 pins were no older than 4 years old. His oldest game was ghost busters.

What a travesty.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Speaking bread have you check recently. Fuel up, plastic up, commodities up, wood up, and shipping up. All cost of goods are up. Yes inflation. Yes the Fed can say no inflation but reality is different. Go bitcoin, gold and Ethereum.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What a travesty.

I was thinking the same thing but he was really happy and a great guy. He makes his own mods and lighting. He is eager to learn how to repair games. Eager to learn how to get better. He had LE’s, pro’s and premiums. However all had shinny powder coated armour in every color. We need that generation of buyers. No boat for him but pinball machines.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Are 90's pins Old School now? And who are these fossils lining up for the Fathom remake?

I was offended also. Ask the younger buyers. Yes they are old school. I guess maybe there is really old school.

#147 2 years ago

“Your Pinsiders were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

Are you selling everything?

#148 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Ridiculous. I guess I should hope assets DON'T reach for record prices? Hmm...hope my homes/stocks go down in value? I've owned many homes in many states. Just like with pinball, you win some, you lose some. If you buy right/smart, you make more than someone that chooses poorly.

btw...NJ, a place I'm very familiar with (grew up near Montvale, Upper Saddle River) has become greedy when it comes to taxes. That's one of the reasons Florida real estate is BOOMING...running from the tax man. No income tax in Florida and the property taxes are fair. Come down!

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Speaking bread have you check recently. Fuel up, plastic up, commodities up, wood up, and shipping up. All cost of goods are up. Yes inflation. Yes the Fed can say no inflation but reality is different. Go bitcoin, gold and Ethereum.

Don’t even get me going, the Fed is full of shit!

CF9D8F66-13AC-4CF6-9F14-F864D501C7A3 (resized).jpegCF9D8F66-13AC-4CF6-9F14-F864D501C7A3 (resized).jpeg
#150 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If there's anything I've learned in what....9 years in this hobby.....it's that there IS NO PRICE CEILING.

Stern and JJP already proved this 20 times over.

Quoted from Lermods:

In my view, things started to get a bit out of control when toppers crossed $500.

So....8 years ago with McKee toppers, then? ¬_¬

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.