tron-weird-guy (resized).jpg
BCB816BC-FA85-47F9-9F1D-2E3FD02CBFFE (resized).jpeg
IMG_3537 (resized).JPG
5705def551503cec02a07bdde687fb8c06a9f3be (resized).jpeg
Del_sprite (resized).jpg
E72647A2-FE00-449D-AF28-E89408CB45B1 (resized).jpeg
EB056245-C5B4-4C3E-AA33-5BAAC9FDA336 (resized).jpeg
81FD7780-2526-429B-BB3F-D1CE9204D5A0 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 2 years ago

If these prices continue Stern might give a premium some serious consideration. I know everyone jokes about Tron or LOTR vaults but if the used market keeps going up on these titles so does the chances of a vault or remake with new art like SM and SW. Of course it will never be a LE but if it has some of the features many would still be happy.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm not pumping anything. Mine's not for sale...(but seriously, if you throw 40k at me, it's for sale)
Your LE's also have Premiums that are STILL IN PRODUCTION. That inherenty lowers their value, as anyone can get the same experience by buying a Prem instead.
Tron LE has no Premium. 400 LE's. That's it. Won't be remade. Period.
It's weird that you don't understand this & that you're getting so angry.

I’m not angry at all. Just trying separate opinion from fact.

Just two questions: Do you have an announcement from Stern that says they will never remake Tron or a Tron LE?
Not being sarcastic, I’ve just never heard them say that. Is this your opinion or fact?

#53 2 years ago

Hey, my son just showed me this. At 25k, Tron LE is cheap!

IMG_4875 (resized).jpegIMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
#54 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Just two questions: Do you have an announcement from Stern that says they will never remake Tron or a Tron LE?
Not being sarcastic, I’ve just never heard them say that. Is this your opinion or fact?

They've never announced they're NOT making something. That's stupid. It's an old irrelevant license & they're making too much on their current games...why would they remake a few hundred Tron Pros when they can sell a few thousand of everything else that's currently still under license?

An LE by definition CANNOT BE REMADE. No one would ever spend stupid NIB money ever again on an LE if it wasn't TRULY limited.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hey I love games appreciating but if you think someone that pays 25k for a tron LE is not an idiot, you’re an idiot too. No offense but there is no chance in hell that guy couldn’t have gotten a tron LE for cheaper. No doubt he would. Now if the trend continues, my argument becomes tougher b/.c FOMO is real in this hobby and if I’m an LE owner, I’m hoping this continues too!

His TWD Premium is listed for $13.5K but guess he is not fishing for an idiot buyer at that price either.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey, my son just showed me this. At 25k, Tron LE is cheap!
[quoted image]

Retro game prices are the dumbest thing ever...but I've made decent cash selling mine off to the wacky collectors. Every game can be easily played on an Everdrive, FPGA system, or emulator...and it's the same exact thing. Only physical pinball is real pinball! Woop woop!

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So one dumbass pays 25k for a pin and now everyone thinks that is the new market price? What?

Hope it’s the market price. If they sell just short of that I’m sure they won’t cry about it.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They've never announced they're NOT making something. That's stupid. It's an old irrelevant license & they're making too much on their current games...why would they remake a few hundred Tron Pros when they can sell a few thousand of everything else that's currently still under license?
An LE by definition CANNOT BE REMADE. No one would ever spend stupid NIB money ever again on an LE if it wasn't TRULY limited.

Lol. Chill Beavis. You sound angry.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Lol. Chill Beavis. You sound angry.

Projection.

...but anyway, I'll be sure to tell you when Stern puts out their press release of what they're not making.

#60 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#61 2 years ago

OP is a great guy in the pinball community.

There is nothing wrong with trying to get the most for a machine in your collection based on a recent sale. Whether or not it actually happens is a different story.

I am just curious who came up with the 25K number from the original transaction? Maybe this was some sort of charity agreement. We do not know the circumstances. We all know that any pinball machine in this price range is not intended for the hobby collectors market. If so, we would all have 1 machine in our collections. The market data does not support such a high number for Tron LE or really anything besides these JJ machines (until this seemingly outlier). The pinball hobby has become crazy and people are putting values on machines we have never seen. Anyway, good luck to every seller and buyer. Probably best to cash out now lol.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I am just curious who came up with the 25K number from the original transaction? Maybe this was some sort of charity agreement. We do not know the circumstances.

Yes we do. It was listed on eBay. Someone hit “buy”. They paid. Deal done.

#63 2 years ago

Price def different in UK.
I have a beautiful condition fully modded (as expected) Tron LE,
Sale price would be 7k GBP ... that’s what peeps would expect to pay here.
(Not for sale though)

#64 2 years ago

Oh okay, EBAY =)

Makes sense!

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Projection.
...but anyway, I'll be sure to tell you when Stern puts out their press release of what they're not making.

Deflection.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sounds about right. It has been a ~$10k pin forever. If some idiot paid Kaneda $25k that's on them.

yup, one sold in st. louis about 3-4 months ago for 10,500 too.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sounds about right. It has been a ~$10k pin forever. If some idiot paid Kaneda $25k that's on them.

yup, one sold in st. louis about 3-4 months ago for 10,500 too.

Quoted from Rarehero:

POTC was a flop. It was expensive to build & hard to build correctly. The license has expired, and it's been inferred that it's done and they've moved on. Sure, ya never know...but it's highly unlikely.
Black Arrow wasn't a remake...it was a marketing strategy/reskin to move unsold games.

Irrelevant.

VE = Vault Edition. What part of "LIMITED EDITION" don't you understand?
[quoted image]

wanna bet?

#68 2 years ago

Seriously, Tron is a spectacular game. Gameplay is a blast. If someone wants to pay 25k or 35k or 50k. I think it’s great.

#69 2 years ago

If a vault is even produced (which is subject to debate), would Stern be allowed to use any of the additional features from the LE (i.e. moving recognizer)?

#70 2 years ago

I’d rather have 6 nice Whirlwinds.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

If a vault is even produced (which is subject to debate), would Stern be allowed to use any of the additional features from the LE (i.e. moving recognizer)?

Having owned an avatar le, no. They could release a new limited edition like jjp. They could release it as a premium.

#72 2 years ago

I’m torn on this as I’d sell mine at 22k. Twice what I paid years and years ago.

#73 2 years ago

Dang. I should have taken you up on your offer to play this a while back. What's another 10-20 plays?

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Dang. I should have taken you up on your offer to play this a while back. What's another 10-20 plays?

The LE for sale is in Florida. The Pro is closer to you IIRC

#75 2 years ago

Ebay is also a whole other story. Let’s do a little friendly math. Assuming one did sell for 25k the seller fees alone would be around 1400.00 so that brings it down to 23600... which is still absurdly expensive.

This is not even considering paypal fees if paypal was used.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You can bring mine home for a mere $30k, baaaaybeeee! I'll even deliver & bring Del Taco, including Lemonade Poppers! What a refreshing deal!

Deltaco (resized).jpgDeltaco (resized).jpg
#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can bring mine home for a mere $30k, baaaaybeeee! I'll even deliver & bring Del Taco, including Lemonade Poppers! What a refreshing deal!
[quoted image]

Not the most insane offer I've seen on pinside...

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Ebay is also a whole other story. Let’s do a little friendly math. Assuming one did sell for 25k the seller fees alone would be around 1400.00 so that brings it down to 23600... which is still absurdly expensive.

I don't sell on eBay, but it is a different world. I listed this amazing game not so long ago on Pinside...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-star-wars-le-318

...totally fair price, no interest whatsoever. Loved the Hyperdrive and theme integration, but it played like a turd. Rules from hell.

Ended up selling to a friend/retailer who flipped it on eBay and made a killing (don't even want to know what he sold it for.

I'm a collector/player...not a flipper/retailer. I listed this for grins based on the silly JJP CE prices and recent sale of 25k.

Fact is, COVID has caused this market to go crazy. Considering all the stock market gains, it's not surprising some of this money is sloshing around our beloved hobby. Real estate prices as well...states like Florida and Texas are rocking (with people/money fleeing the Northeast and West).

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

eBay fees are capped at $750.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tron LE is a LIMITED EDITION.

Limited means LIMITED.

Will. Not. Be. Remade. Ever.

I agree with the last statement, but the previous one is a joke. Limited doesn't mean shit! I don't believe that they will make more LEs, even if they vault it. But realistically, there is nothing stopping them. When announcing a game, they state that they're making X number of LEs. That's not a contract or even a promise to never make more. What recourse does someone have if they make X+1. At worst they wouldn't buy the next "not so special" LE. Didn't Stern increase the announced number of LEs (or whatever was most expensive) with Elvira after people had already purchased (or placed deposits).

My actual question is what does OBO really mean in these extreme FS ads? It's been 8 months. Hasn't there been a best offer? I'd be curious to know what offers have been made and rejected. I'm not singling this ad out, it just caught my attention for it's longevity. I'm in the "list for what you want" category. If you find a buyer with more money than brains, good for you.

But going back to Rare's LE scenario, doesn't "or best offer" mean "OR BEST OFFER"!?!

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I agree with the last statement, but the previous one is a joke. Limited doesn't mean shit! I don't believe that they will make more LEs, even if they vault it. But realistically, there is nothing stopping them. When announcing a game, they state that they're making X number of LEs. That's not a contract or even a promise to never make more. What recourse does someone have if they make X+1. At worst they wouldn't buy the next "not so special" LE. Didn't Stern increase the announced number of LEs (or whatever was most expensive) with Elvira after people had already purchased (or placed deposits).

My actual question is what does OBO really mean in these extreme FS ads? It's been 8 months. Hasn't there been a best offer? I'd be curious to know what offers have been made and rejected. I'm not singling this ad out, it just caught my attention for it's longevity. I'm in the "list for what you want" category. If you find a buyer with more money than brains, good for you.
But going back to Rare's LE scenario, doesn't "or best offer" mean "OR BEST OFFER"!?!

The game was listed today, doofuss. It was on the market 8 months ago for 1 week IIRC.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

eBay fees are capped at $750.

Incorrect. Here is the breakdown.

fafafaffa (resized).JPGfafafaffa (resized).JPG
#83 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The game was listed today, doofuss. It was on the market 8 months ago for 1 week IIRC.

Like I said, I wasn't singling this ad out. It was just the ad I was looking at when the thought crossed my mind based on the dates. Nothing personal, at least from my end!

#84 2 years ago

Popcorn in one hand beer in the other

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Popcorn in one hand beer in the other

Beer in both hands. It was warm mowing out there today!

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Incorrect. Here is the breakdown.[quoted image]

Sorry, I should have said eBay fees are capped at $750 for sellers that have stores.

Store subscriptions start at $5/month, so it’s certainly worth it if you plan on listing an expensive item.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Beer in both hands. It was warm mowing out there today!

Now that’s my style!!

#88 2 years ago

I’d go $10k straight cash homie.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Incorrect. Here is the breakdown.[quoted image]

My condolences for your loss.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also Tron rules & everyone wants one!

false statement

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

I’d rather have 6 nice Whirlwinds.

same, one for each bedroom

#92 2 years ago

Wouldn’t sell mine at that price .
Buyers gonna decide what they think it’s worth.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

false statement

It's verifiable science. .

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Wouldn’t sell mine at that price ‍♂️.
Buyers gonna decide what they think it’s worth.

What is the male symbol about? Just curious I’ve never seen it used like this... but I’m old lol

#95 2 years ago

I was using the shrugs shoulders emoji on my phone but pinside has their own emojis so somehow it converted into the male symbol I guess. Totally bizarre ‍♂️‍♂️

Quoted from Green-Machine:

What is the male symbol about? Just curious I’ve never seen it used like this... but I’m old lol

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Most Stern LEs also have Premiums. Tron doesn't.
Also Tron rules & everyone wants one! No one wants your LE's lol
TO THE MOON! DIAMOND HANDS!!!!

I'll just leave this here

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#97 2 years ago

Don’t beat the OP up for asking such a high price bit in the same breath don’t use the asking price as an indicator of what the market is for the machine. Price sold for is the only number that matters.

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I'll just leave this here [quoted image]

Already addressed that and said don’t bother posting that box pic lol

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:How can anyone downvote such a beautiful game being sold by such a great seller? See my reviews...! Guess it's the price?

Well shit I was gunna buy it but the wife shot me down :p

8758A12E-AB2C-4CED-A4E3-CA504496571A (resized).png8758A12E-AB2C-4CED-A4E3-CA504496571A (resized).png
#100 2 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

The idiot paid fattrain. Kaneda just reported it.

Thanks for clarifying. I did not know. Sounded unbelievable. Fattrain texted me today and confirmed the sale.

Not sure if one crazy high sale changes everything, but this seller is less nuts than I thought this morning.

Tron LE is the coolest Stern LE and this is a drool-worthy example.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-tron-legacy-le-249/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.