View topic image gallery

IMG_3042 (resized).JPG
IMG_3041 (resized).JPG
IMG_3037 (resized).JPG
IMG_3050 (resized).JPG
IMG_2643 (resized).JPG
IMG_2642 (resized).JPG
IMG_2415 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS/FT Trident w/2020 Code

Added: 2021-12-07 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (March 22nd, 2022) • Ended: April 25th, 2022
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 3,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Happy to trade this plus some cash toward something else. I’ve had my fun restoring and playing it and it is time to move on.

For sale is a nicely restored 1979 Stern Electronics Trident. It has been updated with a new Arduino controller that brings new rules, audio call outs, and music with 2.1 channel sound. This new rule set adds objectives and wizard modes to bring out a new level of play on this classic machine. The rule set can even be toggled by a single switch inside the coin door (when powered off) so the original code can still be played and enjoyed. The sound system is installed in such a manner that it can't be seen from outside the machine, keeping the classic appearance. You can even change out the music and sounds easily to make the machine your own.
See it dual boot here:

The cabinet is been stripped down, all dents filled, corners repaired, sanded and repainted. Trident stencils were custom created by Jeff "The Pinball Pimp" Miller, and the results look fantastic. Coin door was stripped down and repainted. Coin mechanisms were reinstalled and burnt lock out coil replaced. New coin door decals were applied. Credit button installed in coin door for home use free play along with a thumb lock.

The backglass is original and has some touch ups and is sealed with triple thick to prevent any deterioration. Color matched LEDs help to make it look very good. User @Atari_Daze has a reproduction translite available if you want to go that route.

Displays were replaced with WolffPac LED 6 digit replacements, so there is no more need for the high voltage section of the driver board. The mix of blue displays, green displays, and white for the credit and ball display look great with the artwork. Additionally, all connectors to the MPU, Solenoid Driver Board, LED board, and rectifier board have been repinned for reliability.

The playfield has been touched up and clear coated using a 2 part automotive clear coat. It is now very nice and plays fast. Plastics are all original with no broken parts. Apron is original and in very good shape.

Also replaced:
- New legs, bolts, and levelers
- New titan rubbers
- LED Trough light
- LEDs through out playfield and backglass
- Alltek LED board to prevent flickering
- Weebly replacement SB-100 sound board
- New rectifier board
- Frank's Battery board (now uses CR2032 watch battery)
- New Playfield glass
- Flipper rebuild kit (bushings, EOS, coil stop, return springs)
- New Flipper Bats
- New Flipper Coils

Click here to see game play with new code:

Compare with other local restoration Trident on sale for $3295.00
https://pinball-restorations.com/product/almost-finished-1979-stern-trident-1/

Complete restoration thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trident-2020-restoration-

Item photos

IMG_2415 (resized).JPG
IMG_2642 (resized).JPG
IMG_2643 (resized).JPG
IMG_3037 (resized).JPG
IMG_3041 (resized).JPG
IMG_3042 (resized).JPG
IMG_3050 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are bigguybbr's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to bigguybbr's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Apollo Beach, FL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

#2 2 years ago

This one turned out really nice as well. The new code gives it such an upgrade. Great job on the restore and good luck selling..

#3 2 years ago

Thanks! It’s a really fun game.

#4 2 years ago

Wow - someone is going to get a great game at a great price. Wow, listing the breakdown shows what a great deal someone is getting.

GLWS

3 months later
#5 2 years ago

Beautiful game..

1 week later
#6 2 years ago

Would love to buy this game, it is on my wish list. I enjoyed reading your thread on this restoration, but a 10 hour drive 1 way is just too much for me. Wish you were closer.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Would love to buy this game, it is on my wish list. I enjoyed reading your thread on this restoration, but a 10 hour drive 1 way is just too much for me. Wish you were closer.

That would be a long haul!

#8 2 years ago

If you would be willing to meet halfway let me know. Think savanna would be the mid point. (Still a 5 hour drive for both of us) However I’m pretty sure you will find someone local soon. As always, good luck with your sale!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-trident-w-2020-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.