Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG
06BA7A6C-4127-4BFE-B454-3776F0EDB360 (resized).jpeg
EE20C8D7-E5BE-4978-A920-02F4428994B0 (resized).jpeg
DEBD7CA7-8816-474A-ADED-B1688B536F3D (resized).jpeg
3D3AD82B-052B-4483-95B4-1A230DE62E42 (resized).jpeg
9EF7A6F4-0EC4-424D-8DBF-08AA25FCDA3C (resized).jpeg
BDAF8F84-4CCF-4F23-9577-B47CE2E49222 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 3,300 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Transporter the Rescue

Added: February 3rd, 2019 Re-listed: 2 times (April 30th, 2019) Ended: August 28th, 2019
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Item description

Nice playing fun game
Super Clean Playfield
Everything works as it should
Normal cabinet fade
Rare game less 1000
All boards original and game has been shopped

Item photos

BDAF8F84-4CCF-4F23-9577-B47CE2E49222 (resized).jpeg
06BA7A6C-4127-4BFE-B454-3776F0EDB360 (resized).jpeg
3D3AD82B-052B-4483-95B4-1A230DE62E42 (resized).jpeg
9EF7A6F4-0EC4-424D-8DBF-08AA25FCDA3C (resized).jpeg
DEBD7CA7-8816-474A-ADED-B1688B536F3D (resized).jpeg
EE20C8D7-E5BE-4978-A920-02F4428994B0 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Havertown, PA, US

Seller insights

These are dannyboydisco's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to dannyboydisco's stats page

#2 1 year ago

One of the best rare sys11 games!

Put this with Mousin and Spacestation and you have the oddball but awesome sys11 covered!

#3 1 year ago

It’s odd for sure. Just not sure it’s one of the best system 11s.

It sells a bit higher due to its rarity.

#4 1 year ago

Nice price on this rarity. New owner could put one of the new light red crossover ramps on to make it pop under the glass.

#5 1 year ago

Someday someday. GLWTS.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Someday someday. GLWTS.

go for it dude!

you need this one!!!!

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It’s odd for sure. Just not sure it’s one of the best system 11s.
It sells a bit higher due to its rarity.

I really like it. I would put it in top 5 for sure

#8 1 year ago

It’s rare.
Act now, this syst 11 was voted next to hit 5k!

GLWS!

#9 1 year ago

Rare for a reason.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Rare for a reason.

What is the reason?

#11 1 year ago

It wasn't fun. Great art, though.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Rare for a reason.

I wonder if it’s bc of the production volume?

Hmmm.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

Agree. I want one for the rarity. Not bc of gameplay.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

You must have been playing a poor example. As far as sys11 goes it is very fun. Great art and theme, standard sys11 style ruleset but with a great layout. Toss on the musics and fx and it is a killer!

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Agree. I want one for the rarity. Not bc of gameplay.

Gameplay is fun. I've had mine for years and it has a NOS playfield.

I had a Radical and I think Radical and Transporter are the best 2 system 11's. Not counting Funhouse in that mix.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Not counting Funhouse in that mix.

Funhouse is a WPC.

Transporter has one of the best call outs in all of pinball “Beam me up Bally!”

#17 1 year ago

I Love the game... actually had two of these at the same time for awhile

#18 1 year ago

I read somewhere that this game was slated for the shelf never to be produced past the prototype stage but that another game that was in production at the time (cant remember what) wasn't selling well & Transporter was made as a fill gap of sorts.... otherwise it would have never gone into production

#19 1 year ago

I just sold mine, similar condition but for 2500.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from newtoit:

I just sold mine, similar condition but for 2500.

Florida...
And you sold it almost instantaneously

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I read somewhere that this game was slated for the shelf never to be produced past the prototype stage but that another game that was in production at the time (cant remember what) wasn't selling well & Transporter was made as a fill gap of sorts.... otherwise it would have never gone into production

I heard something similar. It was actually a Bally game when developed that when Williams acquired them they said no F$%^g way was it going to be produced. However, another game that was being produced wasn't selling with ops, so they had the parts already laying around, and that is how it was produced, just to keep the line moving.

Probably as close to a Lovecraft pin we'll get.

#22 1 year ago

I have one, I really like it, music is great! An btw I’m the guy who built the new crossover ramp molds and made that all possible!

#23 1 year ago

Fun underrated game we had one in our old league club house almost every one enjoyed playing it GLWTS.

#24 1 year ago

Cab is more than normal fade . For $3500 I’d expect good color on the cab.
Isn’t this the $650 Craig’s list game that was in Moorestown a few months ago ?
Either way Op good luck with sale .

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:It wasn't fun. Great art, though.

Yeah not sure what you're talking about there Billy.
The multiball is fantastic and it's actually pretty difficult to get a jackpot let alone multiple jackpots. Beacause you have to knock all 6 targets in order.
The sounds and artwork are amazing, The extra ball is really fun to get if you want to try and shoot with the right flipper straight up through the pops. It's a cool shot right along the giant tentacle. You have to hit all the drop targets each time just to lock a ball.
The transporter tramp that builds up the jackpot on the accelerator and you watch it build up on the backglass ,as the ball swirls around on the ramp, all the the way up to a million. Then if you time the Accelerator target shot at 10x to get the 1 million point shot, the game actually says "Beam Me Up Bally" and plays a song! Cmon! It gets no better for that nostalgic feel. It's frickin spectacular.

#26 1 year ago

I think the "Mayday, Mayday SOS …" with the morse code beeping in the background at the start of the game is one of the most evocative sounds in pinball.

A better than average System 11 in terms of gameplay that looks pretty and sounds great. Folk are now starting to supply spare parts for it too.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Florida...
And you sold it almost instantaneously

No he didn’t?

It was his second time listing

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No he didn’t?
It was his second time listing

appears to have been listed for a single day on Pinside and sold immediately. He listed it but immediately pulledlisting as he got cold feet about selling. He then relisted and it sold on the same day.
Capture (resized).PNG

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

appears to have been listed for a single day on Pinside and sold immediately. He listed it but immediately pulledlisting as he got cold feet about selling. He then relisted and it sold on the same day.
[quoted image]

I bought it.
He told me there was a LOT of interest, but I was the first one w cash in hand and could work w his timeline.
Either way, I am using it for my sys11 pin league so it’ll be back up for sale in the next 1-2 months

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I bought it.
He told me there was a LOT of interest, but I was the first one w cash in hand and could work w his timeline.
Either way, I am using it for my sys11 pin league so it’ll be back up for sale in the next 1-2 months

Yeah, I figured it was a quick sale at that price/condition.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

[quoted image]

Well aren't you a good little detective?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Well aren't you a good little detective?

Just thought it was worthwhile for others to have an accurate account.

When someone chimes in on a FS thread pointing out they just sold a similar example of a rare game for cheaper than norm, it is worthwhile to give it some perspective (e.g. lots of demand, sold in one day, in a region with typically lower pins = it was under priced). Same would go for the flip side if someone was attempting to use the sale of an overpriced previous game as justification for a higher price.

not sure what good price on this particular game, but it is almost assuredly more than the 2500 one from FL and less than the 3500 asking

Transporter is a fun game and given the rarity and condition I think 3k is more typical in current market.

#33 1 year ago

I agree Hilton. 3k seems to be current price. I just have not seen any Transporters for sale lately where condition merits 3k.

#34 1 year ago

Sold mine for $800 back in 2003.
Dang, should have kept it.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

It’s fun. Not just because it’s quitky either.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

It’s fun. Not just because it’s quitky either.

Meh not really. Didnt last long with me.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I had a Radical and I think Radical and Transporter are the best 2 system 11's. Not counting Funhouse in that mix.

Part of what's cool about this hobby. Ample variety for all our tastes. I'd rate Taxi & Whirlwind as my top 2 sys11. Such a great era.

#38 1 year ago

Like with all games, play it before you buy it. I owned mine for several years and don't miss it. Fun for a time, much of the playfield is covered up by the cool ball lock and the crossover ramp/whirlpool. Backglass is colorful and hideous at the same time.

#39 1 year ago

I wish I had this pin to try. The Classic Game Room vid makes it seem like a lot of fun.

1 month later
#40 11 months ago

This things been sitting for awhile at your firm price.

Pinside average is 2500-3000 on it.

Yours is pretty faded. I'd consider dropping price. Just seems too high am asking price.

1 month later
#41 9 months ago

Bump for a great seller !

#42 9 months ago

Was this thing at Allentown?

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside