DSC_3283 (resized).JPG
finishpf (resized).jpg
CVHEP (resized).jpg
F84FF6B2-B9BC-42DE-9C6F-C5FD2D18A703 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
popcorn (resized).jpg
003A8BE6-9E6A-4D6C-BA5E-A86F72EEC3E4 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjonesproperty:

The play field is clean, not sure what you are talking about on that. I removed everything from the play field and did a complete clean on everything. This is not some hack job restore. The ball trail I can clean off as I have been playing it quite a bit lately and must have missed that one area when wiping it down the other day. The inserts aren’t lifting at all, they are perfectly flush with the play field.

I wouldn't worry about the ball trails, that's just an attempt from people to find an excuse to shave off 4 grand. Your machine will sell at $11k or more. Don't settle for less, people will point at $7k sold prices in the archives from 5 years ago thinking that's the price it should sell at today...

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Oh, I assumed since HEP used it, it was era correct. Maybe it was owner choice.

Replacing parts with reproductions instead of restoring the originals isn't a restoration in my book.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

IDK, the one he has on it looks like glossy stern door. Looks terrible.

The one in the seller's picture is a Coin Controls brand door, the original door. They naturally have that glossy bumpy look to them, unlike the splattered textured look of newer coin doors from the late 90s. Everything in his pictures looks original and in nice condition.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

THIS is the correct coin door!
[quoted image]

That is an original coin door for machines exported to other countries.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from Mjonesproperty:

Price updated, too many people crying about an OBO price as I knew I would get low ball offers ( which I did). Price is now firm

If they don't like the price of your White Water, they're really going to hate the price of my Indiana Jones when its listed. And it'll be a public forum posted ad, hope I don't get flamed too bad.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

In AFM's case the VUK hole is often too badly damaged to restore (for games that were "in the wild").

I don't know whether or not if HEP restores playfields, but it is probably out of his skillset is why. I, however, can fix the worn holes on playfields. I've done so on my Indy. The AFM hole could be fixed without being time prohibitive.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Single stupidest thing posted on pinside in the year 2021...its still early but I predict this will hold the title all year...

An assumption taken out of context by this website whom have a love affair with HEP doesn't warrant stupidest post of the year. But he linked his site and does do a good job on playfields. I wasn't criticizing his work, I was guessing he didnt have the ability to do it in the first place. Not everyone can color match....

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My HEP restored Sample Playfield for my CV. (Can't screw this up, no replacement for this one) I think he has some skills...
[quoted image]

Clearcoating is almost foolproof since there is no pigment, only labor intensive with wet sanding:

DSC04351 (resized).JPGDSC04351 (resized).JPGDSC_3283 (resized).JPGDSC_3283 (resized).JPG
#108 2 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Unfortunately for the playfield in picture two sanding a shooter lane properly is not.
That things ruined. It’s misshaped and almost into the tough cut out. I hope it isn’t the one in the $17,000 IJ.
Now please let this nice man sell his WH2O and stop trying to make it about you and your IJ. It’s weird!

The shooter lane has been sanded deep due to deeply embedded dirt, and because it looks infinitely times better than painted. And there is zero erratic ball travel during launch. Don't worry, your cute little eye roll smiley earlier was enough for me to think about offering restorations and undercutting your pricing. I do love capitalism.

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I have seen them come and I have seen them go.
You won’t even get to come.
Keep your rattle can close and your sandpaper far away!

And the mention of my $17k in an earlier post means you already dug into my history and tried to find a little nugget, didn't like what you saw, and kept quiet.

#116 2 years ago
23423423 (resized).png23423423 (resized).png
#119 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’d like to see your success at undercutting HEP prices. Folks buying HEP services generally have deep pockets and don’t want to take a chance on some new comer wannabe with an unproven track record just to save a couple bucks.

Gouges filled and color-matched, infamous yellow stripe with the wear spot next to Marion was color-matched and airbrushed. Lots of other repairs and airbrushing around the playfield. Keylining around the inserts makes a big difference too. A lot of time was put into this original playfield. The Lost Treasure insert was cracked so I had to sand it off and paint in that text, and even my text matches the early sample playfields because they don't have the white outline on the letters like the normal production runs do. You can't see the text at all unless lit which is probably why Williams outlined it in white afterwards.

DSC04085 (resized).JPGDSC04085 (resized).JPGDSC04304 (resized).JPGDSC04304 (resized).JPG
DSC_3451 (resized).JPGDSC_3451 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-trade-white-water-?tu=Flipper_McGavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.