Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by 0geist0
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale/trade: Munsters (Limited Edition) $8500

Added: 2019-03-13 13:20:18 UTC • Ended: April 12th, 2019
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 8,500

Item description

$8500
Like new, set up with with cliffys added to return lanes and low plays. Not my cup of tea.
Willing to trade towards anything at this point including multiple games.
I can get pics, was just inboxed so basically new.
Lmk what you have for trade

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinballer22's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pinballer22's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Omaha, NE, US

#2 5 years ago

What are you looking for in trade!

#3 5 years ago

Man, Munsters machines are popping up everywhere with days of being unboxed. Is it that bad?

#4 5 years ago

Everything but the code is fantastic. It’s a shame. Hope they can get the code to match the greatness of everything else.
Yes I do own the game. LE

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Everything but the code is fantastic.

I wouldn't include the lower playfield either.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

Man, Munsters machines are popping up everywhere with days of being unboxed. Is it that bad?

Happens with every new pin when people buy before playing...not a big deal. I personally love the pro and uts a great shooter ..and the code is fun.... especially the newest version.

#7 5 years ago

A close friend of mine has the LE and he and I love the game and how it plays. We think Stern did better than usual/previous coming out of the box initial code on Munsters.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPlayer2:

A close friend of mine has the LE and he and I love the game and how it plays. We think Stern did better than usual/previous coming out of the box initial code on Munsters.

I agree. I think for most players and new people the game is great and ready to go. People who want LOTR code depth are obviously not going to enjoy the game that long.

#9 5 years ago

Pm sent....

#10 5 years ago

wish people would quit buying these half ass coded games, then stern would stop this nonsense. will never buy a" just released" game because of this.

#11 5 years ago

IMO..... Stern, I believe is starting to figure it out and that is why Munsters is so much better than earlier games plus all the new competition is pushing them to perform better as well.

Also why Stern did the Deadflip/Twitch live preview of the LE and Premium to better show the public what they will be getting. Plus designers were there to describe basically every shot and explain their reasoning and how to play the game. They also mentioned another code update is coming rapidly after releasing the PRO and getting feedback.

Just my $.02

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

yes its that bad, not saying it won't get better but right now it kinda sucks. sorry to have to admit it but someone should!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

wish people would quit buying these half ass coded games, then stern would stop this nonsense. will never buy a" just released" game because of this.

I still think people are using the term "code" wrong. "Half-ass code" would imply that there are missing features or game breaking bugs. "Back in the day" we'd complain about code in games like Wheel of Fortune because there were Wizard Mode inserts that had no function, Multiball scores always showed 00 on the DMD, etc. Munsters seems to be very complete game and exactly the game Dwight set out to make. If you don't like it, that's fair - but that isn't a "code" issue...that's just a subjective opinion about the ruleset/game design.

#14 5 years ago

Everyone hated Batman 66 at first. Give it a little time. Another code came out yesterday.

I believe this will be a really good all around machine once finished. Not every pin needs to be super deep.

Whoever buys this one, won’t regret it. GLWS

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

How many games or game manufacturers can you name in say the last 20 years that have released a game with 100% done software or code?? If your waiting for that I suspect you will never buy a game. I personally Like the fact that these companies are continuing to refine/update/complete code based on consumer feedback and usage. I would be more in fear if they said the game is released and we are done and moving on...

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

How many games or game manufacturers can you name in say the last 20 years that have released a game with 100% done software or code?? If your waiting for that I suspect you will never buy a game. I personally Like the fact that these companies are continuing to refine/update/complete code based on consumer feedback and usage. I would be more in fear if they said the game is released and we are done and moving on...

Agreed....we need to be careful what we are asking for. If we demand complete code from the start, you will either be waiting forever for a new game to come out, or you will get very simplified code. Given they need to produce so many new games to keep the plant open, I am betting it will be the latter of the two.......

we need to be glad they continue to provide development and support.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Everyone hated Batman 66 at first. Give it a little time. Another code came out yesterday.
I believe this will be a really good all around machine once finished. Not every pin needs to be super deep.
Whoever buys this one, won’t regret it. GLWS

B66 is a totally different scenario. It was released before almost any programming was complete. Lyman didn’t have the proper development time to “make a game”. The constant code drops are him finishing his job, because the rules hadn’t been designed fully and the game was incomplete. That is a true “code issue”.

Munsters is the game Dwight wants it to be. Any changes at this point are likely to be minor tweaks and polish. People expecting a broad re-write or expansion aren’t going to get it.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I still think people are using the term "code" wrong. "Half-ass code" would imply that there are missing features or game breaking bugs. "Back in the day" we'd complain about code in games like Wheel of Fortune because there were Wizard Mode inserts that had no function, Multiball scores always showed 00 on the DMD, etc. Munsters seems to be very complete game and exactly the game Dwight set out to make. If you don't like it, that's fair - but that isn't a "code" issue...that's just a subjective opinion about the ruleset/game design.

Yeah the game seems pretty complete to me. It's just a game with a 90s style Data East rule set.

Hey, everybody here is always pining for the days of the 90s, right?

Anybody buying this and expecting a Walking Dead or Batman style makeover is in for a rude awakening.

#19 5 years ago

Is the lower playfield fun to shoot?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from jsm172:

This is one pin that Steve Ritchie should have done.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I think so. Lots of shots & the multiball is fun! ...but it's going to fall into two camps: I like mini playfields, I hate mini playfields. Play it yourself to judge.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think so. Lots of shots & the multiball is fun! ...but it's going to fall into two camps: I like mini playfields, I hate mini playfields. Play it yourself to judge.

I’ve played the pro, don’t know where to play an LE. I’ve owned Family Guy and I did not enjoy the lower Playfield on that because it felt very floaty.
I’m itching to buy a new game!

#23 5 years ago

I’ve played the pro, don’t know where to play an LE. I’ve owned Family Guy and I did not enjoy the lower Playfield on that because it felt very floaty.

Family Guy has an upper playfield

Munsters feels the same because it's using smaller parts. So, you probably won't like it.

#24 5 years ago

I’ve owned Family Guy and I did not enjoy the lower Playfield on that because it felt very floaty.

You critiqued Family Guy and did not get a thumbs down from Rarehero.

Just playing with you Rare.

#25 5 years ago

So agree I Hate the lower playfield on Family Guy! You can't even see the playfield down there!

#26 5 years ago

From a rule set point of view I think the code is fine, and certainly makes for a fun location game.

I think the issue with code has more to do with the theme integration. Just doesn’t feel like you interacting with the Munster world, some modes based on classic episodes would of helped.

I think the call outs and lighting is excellent. The screen and clips could use some work.

My biggest gripe would be with spot. Very cool toy but should of been on a ramp further back on the playfield or at more of an angle. Played 3 examples of the game and all of them had sdtm drains from clean spot shots. Makes the mode unplayable so you just end up timing out, which I hate in any pinball game.

#27 5 years ago

I must be tired! I must be the only one that had a lower playfield family guy! Yes I meant upper playfield!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

From a rule set point of view I think the code is fine, and certainly makes for a fun location game.
I think the issue with code has more to do with the theme integration. Just doesn’t feel like you interacting with the Munster world, some modes based on classic episodes would of helped.
I think the call outs and lighting is excellent. The screen and clips could use some work.
My biggest gripe would be with spot. Very cool toy but should of been on a ramp further back on the playfield or at more of an angle. Played 3 examples of the game and all of them had sdtm drains from clean spot shots. Makes the mode unplayable so you just end up timing out, which I hate in any pinball game.

Back handing spot works well...

#29 5 years ago

Yes, the lower playfield on Munsters is so cool, it has mini ramps, mini pinballs and also has multiball. Really fun and certain shots add more time on the visible timer in the lower playfield. I really like it.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPlayer2:

Yes, the lower playfield on Munsters is so cool, it has mini ramps, mini pinballs and also has multiball. Really fun and certain shots add more time on the visible timer in the lower playfield. I really like it.

Wish I could honestly be as enthusiastic about it. Unfortunately, the lightweight plastic beads used for balls really give its gameplay an unsatisfactory children's toy-like feel to me.

#31 5 years ago

Basic code on newly released games is not out of the norm and is to be expected IMO. It’s part of buying an early realease. It is what it is. When TRON first came out many did not like it, AC/DC, Deadpool, Guardians, Ghostbusters, BM66, the list goes on.

As easy as a code update is to do, I will take the game ASAP and update it as they make improvements. Sure I want the game to be great day one, but I also understand it gets better with updates. I think most commercial operators and home enthusiasts would also agree, and want to get the game right away. Just my opinion, but I guess I am expecting updates and improvements as the game gets in the hands of players and feedback is provided. I don’t think it is possible to have it “done” on day one.

#32 5 years ago

A wise man once said ...

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Basic code on newly released games is not out of the norm and is to be expected IMO. It’s part of buying an early realease. It is what it is. When TRON first came out many did not like it, AC/DC, Deadpool, Guardians, Ghostbusters, BM66, the list goes on.
As easy as a code update is to do, I will take the game ASAP and update it as they make improvements. Sure I want the game to be great day one, but I also understand it gets better with updates. I think most commercial operators and home enthusiasts would also agree, and want to get the game right away. Just my opinion, but I guess I am expecting updates and improvements as the game gets in the hands of players and feedback is provided. I don’t think it is possible to have it “done” on day one.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

A wise man once said ...

I wiser man said, when did the major framework of code ever get scrapped and started over? Never.

What you see with this game is what you will get. Yes, it’ll be polished up, but if you’re expecting some sort of revamp, it ain’t gonna be happening.

rd

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I wiser man said, when did the major framework of code ever get scrapped and started over? Never.
What you see with this game is what you will get. Yes, it’ll be polished up, but if you’re expecting some sort of revamp, it ain’t gonna be happening.
rd

And I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love the game.

#35 5 years ago

Is this still available?
I’ve sent a PM
The game is amazing if you hate the rules then you probably hate Attack From Mars
That game is hella simple and hella fun
So is this game
Also,there aren’t LEs popping up everywhere most of the people who bought them will never sell
This game blows walking dead away

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is is reasonable to have to wait so many years like in the case of KISS. Yes the new code is great but seriously, the wait was like forever.

2 weeks later
#37 4 years ago

$8500 bump, I can prep for shipping for free

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-trade-munsters-limited-edition?hl=thecashier76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.