Minions (resized).png
jw (resized).jpg
JJP Sesame Street R&D Leaked Photo (resized).jpeg
77667368-E109-4DB5-9C5F-FA28F0007594 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.46.53 AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20220713-084401 (resized).png
7C697704-2FF4-4B9A-8030-AE486C698B34 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20220617_210451358 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Toy Story 4 (LE) - SFGE

Added: 2022-07-13 03:37:26 UTC • Ended: July 18th, 2022
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

Price

$ 12,350 (Firm)

Price is firm

Toy Story LE. HUO, like new.

We enjoy the game, and have a CE coming, so no need for two.

Cost is MSRP. $12,350. (Cost + ship)

Able to bring to SFGE this weekend in Atlanta if finalized by Thursday afternoon.

Otherwise located approx 30 mins south of Charlotte, NC for pickup.

Item photos

PXL_20220617_210451358 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are PinBoss's market stats.

Seller Level

PinBoss has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to PinBoss's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 12,350

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Lancaster, SC, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.95
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

#2 2 years ago

Msrp is 12k and new ones are available all over the place. Good luck.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Msrp is 12k and new ones are available all over the place. Good luck.

Haven't seen these ship for free from most distributors.

Paid $12,350, looking for $12,350. I'm happy to continue enjoying it for now if distributors have them in stock and ready to ship.

#4 2 years ago

Delusional

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBoss:

I'm happy to continue enjoying it for now if distributors have them in stock and ready to ship.

You’re going to be very happy then.

#6 2 years ago

7C697704-2FF4-4B9A-8030-AE486C698B34 (resized).jpeg7C697704-2FF4-4B9A-8030-AE486C698B34 (resized).jpeg

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

You’re going to be very happy then.

What a shame.

#8 2 years ago

Man I wish I was a 13yo girl I'd buy this in a second with my paper route money.

#9 2 years ago

I prefer... optimistic?

I don't need everyone to love what I posted for sale. It just takes one person at the right place and right time.

And if that doesn't materialize, I can reassess in a couple months when my CE ships.

People have said similar to other games I've posted, and I have yet to have a problem finding a buyer at or near my asking prices.

People are paying full MSRP for games which are going to be SFGE show demos, and my HUO will have far less plays on it compared to those by Sunday afternoon.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Man I wish I was a 13yo girl I'd buy this in a second with my paper route money.

Screenshot_20220713-084401 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220713-084401 (resized).png
#11 2 years ago

CASE CLOSED

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.46.53 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-13 at 8.46.53 AM (resized).png
#12 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

CASE CLOSED [quoted image]

I'm not sure what the argument is here.

Adults can't enjoy things kids enjoy? Kids can't enjoy things adults enjoy?

Parents and kids can't mutually enjoy a franchise that transcends multiple generations?

Companies shouldn't market pinballs toward kids?

I would love to see more kids getting into pinball so this hobby continues to grow.

I've got a co-worker who is building out a game room and ordered one so when his grandkids visit they have pins they might feel more connected to vs. Kiss or Aerosmith.

I get that the theme isn't for everyone, but I also think there is plenty of room in this hobby to allow people to buy, play, and enjoy whatever theme they like.

The most childish thing about this pin, is all the adults who want to be keyboard warriors and trash a theme they might not personally like or perhaps a pin they might be priced out of.

#13 2 years ago

I'm not a keyboard warrior I just feel it's a very childish/feminine theme. I'm 40 plus & I prefer more adult themed titles. Sorry but kids don't like pinball that's not their audience. Kids for the most part like ticket & touch screen games. This will not get more people in the hobby lol if anything it will achieve the opposite. Me personally I don't even want to try it; but if you have cash to completely waste then have at it & buy TS. Not for me I think by far this is JJP worst pin.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm not a keyboard warrior I just feel it's a very childish/feminine theme. I'm 40 plus & I prefer more adult themed titles. Sorry but kids don't like pinball that's not their audience. Kids for the most part like ticket & touch screen games. This will not get more people in the hobby lol if anything it will achieve the opposite. Me personally I don't even want to try it; but if you have cash to completely waste then have at it & buy TS. Not for me I think by far this is JJP worst pin.

Kids don’t like pinball? Wrong. I know several kids who are way into it. Including my own and several of his friends. If companies keep making games that appeal to only old farts, pinball will die.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Kids don’t like pinball? Wrong. I know several kids who are way into it. Including my own and several of his friends. If companies keep making games that appeal to only old farts, pinball will die.

Kids don't have the money so how does that make sense to market to them. I've seen kids just enjoying hitting the buttons then walk away leaving a ball in the shooter & wipe a snot on the glass. Sorry I don't get your point.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

This may surprise you, but some Pinsiders have wives and daughters who do enjoy pinball.

More shockingly, some Pinsiders are women, who love pinball, and maybe even have jobs where they can support their own pinball habits.

Mind blowing, I know.

I don't agree that Toy Story, a series about a boy and his toys, is overly feminine. Sure, TS4 does have a girl as the main character, but I don't think this pin comes off as overly effeminate at all. But everyone's entitled to their opinion.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Kids don't have the money so how does that make sense to market to them. I've seen kids just enjoying hitting the buttons then walk away leaving a ball in the shooter & wipe a snot on the glass. Sorry I don't get your point.

Kids don't have money. So nothing gets marketed toward kids?

You seem very lost.

I'd recommend taking a marketing class, or maybe watching "The Toys That Made Us" series on Netflix if you want to understand marketing if toys on any scale.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBoss:

This may surprise you, but some Pinsiders have wives and daughters who do enjoy pinball.
More shockingly, some Pinsiders are women, who love pinball, and maybe even have jobs where they can support their own pinball habits.
Mind blowing, I know.
I don't agree that Toy Story, a series about a boy and his toys, is overly feminine. Sure, TS4 does have a girl as the main character, but I don't think this pin comes off as overly effeminate at all. But everyone's entitled to their opinion.

The majority of the market is male 35 - 60 + yes I do realize that woman are in the hobby but the vast majority of their customer base is men. Sorry TS is about as feminine as my little pony.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBoss:

You seem very lost.
I'd recommend taking a marketing class, or maybe watching "The Toys That Made Us" series on Netflix if you want to understand marketing if toys on any scale.

Yes toys!! Not 12k toys lol It's common sense this pin is a fail!!!!!!!!

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBoss:

You seem very lost.

The Toys that Made Us is specifically targeted towards the older crowd who have nostalgia for old toys. If you are talking about how toys are marketed to kids...wow, that is some serious insight! How would anyone guess that toys are marketed to kids. Thanks for clarifying!

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Yes toys!! Not 12k toys lol It's common sense this pin is a fail!!!!!!!!

I feel bad for all the boomers who are buying 12K pins for their grandkids to like pinball. Actually, no I don't.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

The majority of the market is male 35 - 60 + yes I do realize that woman are in the hobby but the vast majority of their customer base is men. Sorry TS is about as feminine as my little pony.

Hard to understand why you are so passionate about this? Not every pinball machine is going to be for "you". TS is "feminine" ? WTF?

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

"I don't want to try it."

"I think by far this is JJP worst pin."

Not an opinion I'd really take into consideration much.

Go shoot it and tell me it's the worst and I'd have a little more respect for what you're trying to say.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hard to understand why you are so passionate about this? Not every pinball machine is going to be for "you". TS is "feminine" ? WTF?

Just my two cents ya you're right it's just as masculine as AC-DC & BKSOR lol actually way more so...

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBoss:

"I don't want to try it."
"I think by far this is JJP worst pin."
Not an opinion I'd really take into consideration much.
Go shoot it and tell me it's the worst and I'd have a little more respect for what you're trying to say.

I don't need to I've heard & watched reviews everything about it isn't for me the annoying bells & callouts lack of mechs/shots. The kaboom jump shot is cool but for half the price you could score a NGG!!

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Just my two cents ya you're right it's just as masculine as AC-DC & BKSOR lol actually way more so...

Youre entitled to whatever opinion you have, but you should show that same respect to others in my opinion. Personally when I buy pins I dont take into account how "masculine" a machine is.

Maybe I should start a mod company that sells those balls hillbillies put on their trucks and make it so you can mount them to a pinball machine.

#27 2 years ago

Theme arguments aside, I'm not a huge fan of the new Toy Story 4 pinball.

HOWEVER,

I have come to the conclusion that JJP has not marketed, or made Toy Story 4 for us.

I unboxed and installed a brand new Toy Story 4 in the company office. It has had a better reception that Star Wars, Deadpool, and Led Zepplin has as there are some fairly obvious targets noobs shoot for. One of the company hire ups who has one pin, a G&R told me that he preferred Toy Story because "it shoots better".

I still PERSONALLY do not like the pin, but I think having a few easier pins out there is a definate plus in the hobby. I view Toy Story 4 alot like I view World Cup Soccer, as a kid friendly pin that appeals to noobs that is good for people who have no idea what they are doing. However, if you are into pinball enough to be on this site it is probably not good enough for you.

To the OP. Good luck!

#28 2 years ago

My local distributor is selling for $12,500 plus tax (9.75%). That would make this a deal.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I feel bad for all the boomers who are buying 12K pins for their grandkids to like pinball. Actually, no I don't.

Toys come in all shapes and sizes. As do people's financial well-being.

A $12k pinball to some is like buying a $12 toy to others.

Sure, that may only be the 0.1%, but that market does exist and buying new pinball machines for home use at any price is expensive.

If it were $6k, would it be any less ridiculous to buy and have your kids enjoy? Probably not.

But this isn't JUST something that a kid would enjoy. It's a nice theme to mix into an already varied pinball collection. We like that it's different from other pins we have.

I don't think this is marketed toward just that 0.1% though. My wife and I were equally excited about this theme when it was finally confirmed and announced.

We've had a dozen people come over and play it, and nobody has hated it. Would they all spend $12k on it? Nope. And that's fine. They don't have to, and I don't hold it against them the same as I don't hold it against anyone who might not think it's worth it.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Kids don’t buy pinball. Their parents do. Just like every thing marketed to kids. Millions of products. Are you new to Earth? In the case of this game, parents buy it because they AND their kids and family can enjoy it. Like Toy Story franchise. Like all Pixar films. Like millions of products that appeal to families. Not kids, not adults, but to both. It’s done on purpose you know by the creators of these franchises.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Youre entitled to whatever opinion you have, but you should show that same respect to others in my opinion. Personally when I buy pins I dont take into account how "masculine" a machine is.
Maybe I should start a mod company that sells those balls hillbillies put on their trucks and make it so you can mount them to a pinball machine.

The vast majority of the games are targeted towards a male audience I'm all about inclusion. Looks like JJP is doing that but once again I feel like they're not marketing to their target audience that's all I meant.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

My local distributor is selling for $12,500 plus tax (9.75%). That would make this a deal.

Thank you - and that's the logic I used when I posted it up.

"Available everywhere" as quoted from an earlier post, but markup, taxes, delivery all still exist.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Kids don’t buy pinball. Their parents do. Just like every thing marketed to kids. Millions of products. Are you new to Earth?

Yes but most parents won't buy a 12k toy to have it collect dust

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

The vast majority of the games are targeted towards a male audience I'm all about inclusion. Looks like JJP is doing that but once again I feel like they're not marketing to their target audience that's all I meant.

Please provide your thesis on how masculine Wizard of Oz is.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBoss:

Please provide your thesis on how masculine Wizard of Oz is.

At least at the time it was innovative & had cool mechs... no one had ever seen anything like it but yes that theme wasn't a keeper for me.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Yes but most parents won't buy a 12k toy to have it collect dust

Of course not. But they don’t collect dust. Why you assume that is beyond me. I bought Wonka for the family in January and it has thousands of plays, more put on by my son and his friends than by me. There are days I am frustrated because I can’t get a few games in without someone else wanting to play.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Kids don’t buy pinball. Their parents do. Just like every thing marketed to kids. Millions of products. Are you new to Earth? In the case of this game, parents buy it because they AND their kids and family can enjoy it. Like Toy Story franchise. Like all Pixar films. Like millions of products that appeal to families. Not kids, not adults, but to both. It’s done on purpose you know by the creators of these franchises.

Amazing, right? And for everyone complaining about TS4 the movie - I just watched it for the first time as an adult and really found it funny.

Pixar is great about making their themes enjoyable for all ages.

#38 2 years ago

77667368-E109-4DB5-9C5F-FA28F0007594 (resized).jpeg77667368-E109-4DB5-9C5F-FA28F0007594 (resized).jpeg

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Kids don’t buy pinball. Their parents do. Just like every thing marketed to kids. Millions of products. Are you new to Earth?

Maybe JJP should start running commercials during Saturday morning cartoons then.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The Toys that Made Us is specifically targeted towards the older crowd who have nostalgia for old toys. If you are talking about how toys are marketed to kids...wow, that is some serious insight! How would anyone guess that toys are marketed to kids. Thanks for clarifying!

In case you missed it, acedanger used a screenshot of the marketing video showing a young girl enjoying the pin as some form of proof that this pin is only for teenage girls to buy.

My point to him was that companies often market to wide audiences, including kids, because it drives their parents to spend money.

If you keep reading, you can see that he did actually need that clarified.

Not everyone understands even the basics of how companies market, and shown in this thread.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:[quoted image]

Replying only because you must have felt left out that I didn't respond to your first meme.

Here's your acknowledgement. Have a wonderful day and go play some pinball!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBoss:

In case you missed it, acedanger used a screenshot of the marketing video showing a young girl enjoying the pin as some form of proof that this pin is only for teenage girls to buy.
My point to him was that companies often market to wide audiences, including kids, because it drives their parents to spend money.
If you keep reading, you can see that he did actually need that clarified.
Not everyone understands even the basics of how companies market, and shown in this thread.

You learned the lesson I learned when I listed my WOZ YBR. Don't choose "free forum topic". It was funny though as it brought out a lot of monkey mechanism harassment and it involved grown men arguing which version was most masculine.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Maybe JJP should start running commercials during Saturday morning cartoons then.

Those don’t exist.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Sure, why not? That would be awesome. PS Saturday morning cartoons haven’t been a thing for 30 years. Kids can watch cartoons at all times now.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

You learned the lesson I learned when I listed my WOZ YBR. Don't choose "free forum topic". It was funny though as it brought out a lot of monkey mechanism harassment and it involved grown men arguing which version was most masculine.

I posted late last night and shot out of bed like a kid in Christmas thinking this would have happened overnight. I was disappointed... but then it started taking off after 8am ET.

Still have a couple more timezones to go before everyone gets it all out.

#46 2 years ago

Okay so let me get this straight you guys would be down for a teletubbies or Barney/Sesame Street pin over a Venom or jaws pin???

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Okay so let me get this straight you guys would be down for a teletubbies or Barney/Sesame Street pin over a Venom or jaws pin???

Sesame Street would be LIT.

I'd probably rank those themes: Jaws, Venom, Sesame Street, Barney, Teletubbies.

BUT - I wouldn't wake up and shit all over anyone who might prefer the latter three themes.

And I'd still give them all a try to see how they play.

I think my masculinity would still be intact after.

#48 2 years ago

Sorry for being a straight man lol

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Sorry for being a straight man lol

I'm sorry for being a man who can play and enjoy Toy Story without it impacting how much of a "man" I am.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I would just like to state for the record that although many/most pinballers are exactly who you think they are (30-60 year old guys with good jobs on the nerdy side) many of us have families. I'm not going to bring home a Walking Dead, Playboy, Goldeneye (learned that lesson), or other non family safe theme with questionable artwork and/or sound. The exception to that is if there are family friendly modes, like on Rick and Morty that blurt out the non-family friendly stuff.

I personally would never want Barney or Teletubbies (after my time), but in all seriousness a Muppets or Sesame Street pin might actually work. No interest in Venom, and Jaws is an "old man theme" to me. A comment which I'm sure will offend everyone here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 11,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.