5E5070C4-372A-4BC2-9BEF-71A108D83C7E (resized).png
6AE01234-E182-4700-8321-F046CBC11E3A (resized).jpeg
6918E1B8-D63D-4F8A-9EC4-D564DF774D8C (resized).jpeg
EE26CD78-BAB0-4DEF-B74D-DDB0D51DC751 (resized).jpeg
E38C833A-6AD8-4EF9-9D67-93D6D7740F68 (resized).jpeg
6ECADCD0-3312-4295-8688-894F8A3C1BCD (resized).jpeg
4B2CAA54-DB47-4E66-A1FA-6A8A09E3700D (resized).jpeg
9F182A19-2E93-45F5-9015-0524562932EE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigehrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I feel bad for the folks that watched their SDTM impressions/hype video, bought in at the full msrp price (not the SDTM/distributor insider price that was likely afforded to Greg - let’s not be naive guys, he technically now works for the company) and now those folks are sitting on a 2k+ plus loss……that will continue to drop and drop in value. 10k is just the start for this hot mess. Too bad those folks aren’t same to get that pricing.
And if Greg bought this at msrp, I would be absolutely shocked, take your word on it but still appalled at how over hyped that impressions video was just to clearly sell the machine from Flip n out. Sorry but I’m not going to ignore like that didn’t happen. It was gross.
Although I won’t blame SDTM 100% since we’re all adults and the buyer should be smart enough to see through the distributor hype that is SDTM so people do need to be held accountable. Just wish SDTM wouldn’t be so ignorant of their clear bias on this but they did a great job clearly demonstrating their shill position to the community. So well done fellas.
Sorry just needed to be said - I won’t be replying as I could care less. I hope you can unload the game. I’m sure the SDTM mouth breathers will defend but as a community we all know what’s going on. Sorry but we’re not fooled and thankfully this game is a huge flop.

i don't think anyone is looking for your sympathy. pinball machines aren't an asset class to help you prepare for retirement. they're a form of entertainment. do you feel bad for people who went out to the movies and lost 100% of their $13.50?? of course you don't, because they spent that money knowing they'd be entertained for 1-2 hours, and that was more important to them than the money. and despite the ridicule the game gets for it's price tag, it happens to be super fun. so if someone bought the game looking for a good time, and feels they got it, they aren't crushed about losing a few bucks in the process.

fun fact: throughout the history of pinball production, up until at or around 2010, every machine depreciated as soon as you drove it off the lot. and that was if you can even find another person who was crazy enough to actually buy a pinball machine for anything other than commercial operation. nobody bought a machine to make money! we bought it knowing it'd go down in value, and hopefully we got enough enjoyment out of it to justify the resale loss. that was always the way it was, and it's exactly where it's currently settling back to.

this whole mentality of thinking it's a safe investment, or even better a profitable one, is sucking the fun right out of owning a machine for the sake of being able to say you have a pinball machine at your disposal. at least, for the folks who think that way, anyway.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

No, but having a well established YouTube review channel, then become a distributor……..you can no longer have independent reviews, they will always be biased because your lively hood is selling them now.

how many people do you think only bought the game, received poor service, or didn't receive what they paid for, simply because Zach and Greg were enthusiastic about it in a youtube video? Luckily there's plenty of distributors who couldn't care less about the games enough to review them, who'd be happy to take your money.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Incorrect. People have been buying machines forever and reselling to home market for big markups. I have been doing it for 20+ years but have switched to operating. The practice of selling collector to collector thing is new.

i get that. but i'm talking about the market of people who buy Toy Story 4 at MSRP for their homes. Nothing to do with scavenger hobbyists who fix up and flip.

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Also I found your bull shit thread you started “is Toy Story manly enough”

well, don't leave us hanging @jimwe5t... Is it?!?

i want to know if TS lives up to the expectations of someone who's had 7% of his posts moderated, 1/3rd of the topics he's started closed, and 60% more downvotes than upvotes, all on a pinball forum. Though, you might be a tough critic, cuz that sounds pretty manly.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigehrl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-toy-story-4-le-21?tu=bigehrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.