Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

902E956B-564A-4EB3-810A-6C2C174C9F09 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_p423jg42WD1v1fssvo1_540.gif
i-dont-care (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
sunscreen-i-prefer-butter (resized).jpg
11b81223df6e15912d5cf7cd15ee4e45 (resized).jpg
12AE25B9-789C-4BDB-A719-A439FFEC058E (resized).jpeg
24B56007-4B30-451C-AA8E-B141D2D8D3A7 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago

People were speculating about what OP had into the game. He gave a detailed response and included shipping in his cost of acquisition which makes perfect sense, since it's also money he spent to get the machine. None of that means much in evaluating his asking price. If he got his TNA for $1,000 and was selling for $5,000 would the sale stall because he was obtaining an "unseemly" profit? Or if he'd spent $10,000 and was trying to sell it for $9,000 would he attract a sympathy buyer to cover some of his loss? Of course not. Supply and demand dictates the sale price, always.

So it doesn't matter what OP paid for it (except to him), only what a HUO TNA that's ready to be delivered today is worth right now. And as for the hand-wringing about whether he should "include" his shipping costs when pricing his game (vs. looking at comp. sales or using an Ouija Board to pick a price), Tommy Lee Jones said it best:

i-dont-care (resized).jpg

#52 1 year ago

Love it! Glws op, i would ask 10500.

#53 1 year ago

I am blown away that a used TNA is asking 8750 and used Houdini is gettin ripped at 6900. Price aside seems out of balance. GLWS.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I am blown away that a used TNA is asking 8750 and used Houdini is gettin ripped at 6900. Price aside seems out of balance. GLWS.

different supply v demand equations.

I personally dont think either will sell at asking.

#55 1 year ago

Hey OP. Thanks for the thumbs down. Good luck fleecing the person who buys this.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Hey OP. Thanks for the thumbs down.

Because of that I gave you sympathy thumbs up FWIW

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Hey OP. Thanks for the thumbs down. Good luck fleecing the person who buys this.

Price policing in for sale threads is not polite.

#58 1 year ago

15k by Christmas!

#59 1 year ago

I don’t understand why people don’t understand basic supply/demand. Also, nobody seems to be worried about me asking $4250 for my Full Throttle, when I paid $6300 a year ago.

#60 1 year ago

I was discussing two different titles and their acceptance and their perceived value. I never policed or said your price was in or out of line. I was amazed that a game like TNA which looks like an 80’s style game vs Houdini which seems more like a 90’s full featured game are on 2 different trajectories. Obviously you feel pressure to defend your price and are defensive. It was not called for in this instance. Btw you created a thread and not just a for sale post. Get over it. You must have expected price policing.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

I don’t understand why people don’t understand basic supply/demand. Also, nobody seems to be worried about me asking $4250 for my Full Throttle, when I paid $6300 a year ago.

It is just reality that you have the first TNA up for grabs on the secondary, esp as a butter cab. People will want to talk about it and are going to find it interesting. I personally think if you knock off your cost to ship then this would be sold already and the discussion would be over ($500 profit on the cost of the actual game to have it now seems reasonable to many I think; paying for someone else shipping when you have to likely also pay for shipping to yourself is hard to fathom for many). More importantly, I would sell every other game in your collection before selling TNA, but that is just me.

FullT value is pretty well established as this point so not much to talk about.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

What about Dialed In in comparison

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What about Dialed In in comparison

What about it? I was referring to the Houdini thread where people were discussing how 100 below NIB was not enough of an incentive vs this is over MSRP. Seems like TNA is being presented as a hot title. That’s all.

#64 1 year ago

I know its been stated before, but it's all supply and demand (the latter currently being inflated by excitement). Wait for 9-12 months when spooky has pumped out 1k of these pins and the price will fall.

romulusx comparison is fair 9k for this vs 9k for a DIN. DIN wins every day IMO. Especially in a home environment. TNA is fun to battle with friends, but not a game that could keep me interested in my basement for a year.

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It is just reality that you have the first TNA up for grabs on the secondary, esp as a butter cab. People will want to talk about it and are going to find it interesting. I personally think if you knock off your cost to ship then this would be sold already and the discussion would be over ($500 profit on the cost of the actual game to have it now seems reasonable to many I think; paying for someone else shipping when you have to likely also pay for shipping to yourself is hard to fathom for many). More importantly, I would sell every other game in your collection before selling TNA, but that is just me.
FullT value is pretty well established as this point so not much to talk about.

More ads to follow. This sale has made me feel even more strongly about stepping out of the hobby, at least temporarily.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Seems like TNA is being presented as a hot title.

seems like reality...

Quoted from Beebl:

TNA is fun to battle with friends, but not a game that could keep me interested in my basement for a year.

TNA is fun as solo also. Trust me, it is perfectly challenging enough to keep me interested for year and years to come. Same for the general population also. I put my personal game on route in Sept to share with people and assumed I would take it home after a few months. Players revolted at the idea and I am getting a 2nd for home so the first can stay on route for good. Another local OP is getting his this week after hearing how well it does and how much people want to play it. It really is a fantastic game and the hype is real.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

More ads to follow. This sale has made me feel even more strongly about stepping out of the hobby, at least temporarily.

yeah the money aspect of buying and selling can be no fun at all. If you want to get out, then selling them all at once would be the easiest. Price them all high to start and sell what goes/ keep what stays.

Make the decision easy.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Beebl:

I know its been stated before, but it's all supply and demand (the latter currently being inflated by excitement). Wait for 9-12 months when spooky has pumped out 1k of these pins and the price will fall.
romulusx comparison is fair 9k for this vs 9k for a DIN. DIN wins every day IMO. Especially in a home environment. TNA is fun to battle with friends, but not a game that could keep me interested in my basement for a year.

This is what I meant I’m not trying to piss on any FS thread,I was just thinking bang for your buck especially BOM

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

You probably didn’t make the mistake of admitting that you paid shipping on your FT. Apparently everyone’s fine with you charging whatever you like for your games, so long as you don’t consider your shipping costs in evaluating your profit/loss!

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah the money aspect of buying and selling can be no fun at all. If you want to get out, then selling them all at once would be the easiest. Price them all high to start and sell what goes/ keep what stays.
Make the decision easy.

It's a key part of the hobby, and indeed, if someone is sick of it it's probably time to take a walk.

I'd guess around half of the posts around here, and on RGP, and in some cave where they were making pinball drawings on the wall back in the day are dedicated in some way to pricing. Speculation, price policing, price pumping...WE ALL LOVE IT.

And when we no longer do, it's time to get into stamp collecting, and argue about that.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You probably didn’t make the mistake of admitting that you paid shipping on your FT. Apparently everyone’s fine with you charging whatever you like for your games, so long as you don’t consider your shipping costs in evaluating your profit/loss!

I was simply being 100% transparent about my costs, since several people were asking about it.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

What about it? I was referring to the Houdini thread where people were discussing how 100 below NIB was not enough of an incentive vs this is over MSRP. Seems like TNA is being presented as a hot title. That’s all.

That's b/c it is a hot title. You have some die hard Houdini fanboys but in my opinion (and it appears many others) - that shot layout is just a killer for public places and even in HUO (for me) - I have no interest until it comes down to the 5k range.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Russell:

Thumbs down, Russell. You're a valuable asset to the pinball community especially here in Colorado. Come talk to me about the slings and arrows of Pinside and some of the crap I've gone through here. This is nothing.

FYI to potential buyers: Russell is a solid citizen and will stand by his sales description and details.

#74 1 year ago

Before my TNA shipped, I was offered $8,000. I was a little slow on the draw and another Pinsider took the buyer up on the offer. Simple supply/demand. GLWS.

#75 1 year ago

I think the OP would have been better not creating a thread and just posting a link to his add in the TNA production thread. This is the second one to be in the Marketplace and the first sold fast. There has already been at least another one sold second hand as mentioned in the TNA thread. There are also people posting now and again offering to buy a HUO TNA or an early spot in line for over cost. So, his asking price is fair based on what has been going on in the background. We are just seeing the reaction from the non-TNA interest crowd. Personally, I think that the "butter option" will not hold its value. But as Charlie clearly says, it is the most unnecessary add-on he offers, but it sure is pretty. The butter is meant for the collector who wants that extra special touch. Finally, in regards to the other hot thread with the Houdini for sale, it's apples and oranges. The beef with the Houdini for sale thread is that it is a game that was on route. The fact is that TNA is a very popular game at the moment and getting in line now means waiting about 6 months (or more). So any second-hand TNA or even buying someone's spot in line is going to come at a premium for that fact alone. In a year when there are a bunch out in the general public, the price will come down to at or below original cost like any other new HUO game.

#76 1 year ago

Russell is a great guy, don't let the trolls get to you! We all get burnt out, may take a break from Pinside (sometimes it is a disease) I once took a two week break from Pinside and came back and felt out of the loop

Playing your mint TNA the other day got my juices flowing. Now all I can picture is TNA sitting next to my Tron, both hooked up to a Polk Audio Sub.

You price is perfect given the demand and wait time, plus you need to make up for taking a bath on your Full Throttle. (kidding)

For someone who wants to get the game now and not have to wait, your TNA is awesome and I want one now after playing yours. The butter cabinet was smooth as butter and the colors were super vivid, I was very impressed.

Keep your head up brother! GLWS

#77 1 year ago

Posting a FS add on Pinside...

tumblr_p423jg42WD1v1fssvo1_540.gif

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

whats more crazy is Houdini is ranked 33rd on the top 100 haha. I can think of far more than 32 games that are significantly better.

Russell my man, dont worry about the internet shenanigans, come to the Helenament on sunday and I will play you in dollar games between rounds
Hell, ill even play houdini if you want to.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is what I meant I’m not trying to piss on any FS thread,I was just thinking bang for your buck especially BOM

Yeah i agree with you and disagree with Whysnow on longevity but time will tell...she is a life sucking bitch that answers to no one. To be fair i have only played about 20 games on TNA, but ill hit it up when i see one and that is enough for me.

#80 1 year ago

Simple solution: if you don't like the sellers price then don't buy it. Hounding a guy about his price to the point of wanting to quit the hobby isn't really cool. I'm all about keeping pricing fair but this thread has gone on long enough right?

#81 1 year ago

i never post a for sale ad with discussion. cant deal with price police brutality. glwts

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Simple solution: if you don't like the sellers price then don't buy it. Hounding a guy about his price to the point of wanting to quit the hobby isn't really cool. I'm all about keeping pricing fair but this thread has gone on long enough right?

To be fair, he was already quitting, which is the whole point of him putting the game up for sale.

And has been pointed out a million times, the more posts a For Sale thread gets, the better, regardless of content. Keeps the ad up top, keeps the offers pouring in. Trolling in for sale threads doesn't not hurt a seller's chances of moving his or her game.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trolling in for sale threads doesn't not hurt a seller's chances of moving his or her game.

It does show ones character though.

#84 1 year ago

Trolling for good?

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I was amazed that a game like TNA which looks like an 80’s style game vs Houdini which seems more like a 90’s full featured game are on 2 different trajectories.

Truth is pinball has been living off of 90s glory for the last 20 years and many that have been around pinball for a long time are sick of it. Playfields cluttered with a bunch of plastic junk attached to licensed themes that many don't give a shit about. And pretty much every machine out there is the same in that regards.

It's taken a game like TNA to show it doesn't have to be that way. And it is the only one out there like that. Thus the long wait to get one.

GLWS!

#86 1 year ago

I’m not sure why people are not grasping that this is a line jump premium the OP is asking for, which is reasonable given how long of a line new orders have.

If you want to jump the line, this machine and the premium it comes with is for you. If you are happy waiting nine months for a NIB, you will pay less.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

i never post a for sale ad with discussion. cant deal with price police brutality. glwts

I never post a for sale ad without discussion... I never have anything to hide, and if I can't take the heat over my price then I won't list it here..

This price seems resonable due to the demand for the game and the long wait time

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I never post a for sale ad without discussion... I never have anything to hide, and if I can't take the heat over my price then I won't list it here

Yes the OP should have expected most of the price police/troll comments. I do think this will sell, many impatient pinheads that will pay extra to jump the line. I consider it like a fast pass ticket at Disney World, if there wasn't a demand for them they wouldn't sell any.

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes the OP should have expected most of the price police/troll comments.

My guess is the OP really doesn't give a shit. I sure wouldn't. lol.

He is holding what many others are waiting for. Can't say the same about many if any other recent release.

#91 1 year ago

That didn't take long at all.

Congrats!

Pinside is getting educated.

#92 1 year ago

GLWS.

On the market for 1 day, maybe it was underpriced...

#93 1 year ago

sounds like you priced it just right!

#94 1 year ago

Thanks for all of the interest. Lots of interesting trade ideas to consider, but I was really just looking for a cash deal.

#95 1 year ago

GLWTS!

902E956B-564A-4EB3-810A-6C2C174C9F09 (resized).jpeg

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

So that’s the Hilton hoodie huh...
I mean what type of personality would drive someone to create something like that?
Along with that other alien shirt deal....
How bizarre

A personality with issues, that's what type.

#97 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like you priced it just right!

I wouldn't be surprised if we were to see an increase in the MSRP before too long.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were to see an increase in the MSRP price before too long.

Rz was selling for crazy numbers also... spooky wont change the price . Poor rz you cant give away for under 5k now. Tna is a unlimited run and you have people with more money than patience in this hobby. Once everyone has their tna prices will fall below msrp in most cases.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I was amazed that a game like TNA which looks like an 80’s style game vs Houdini which seems more like a 90’s full featured game are on 2 different trajectories.

This comparison is kind of dumb though. I didn't downvote you because that's childish, but sticking some ramps on a game doesn't make it 'full featured'.

What exactly makes Houdini full featured? LCD? TNA has that. Are we going to do the coil counting thing again? Oh wait, Houdini doesn't have 4 7-segment displays and a ported sub, it must be substandard.

I'm not trying to price pump because I own a TNA, I think the price for this game is kind of dumb too honestly, but that's up to the seller and buyer to worry about, not me.

Just don't care for this narrative where TNA is somehow lacking compared to other modern games, it's ridiculous.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Once everyone has their tna prices will fall below msrp in most cases.

Once I've put over 1000 plays on mine, I'll feel I've got my money's worth no matter what they are going for in the secondary market when that time comes.

It's been a long time since I even cared to put 100 games on any newer title.

Quoted from Aurich:

Are we going to do the coil counting thing again?

I've got more coils on some of my EMS than you will ever see on any modern game.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside