122_0047 (resized).JPG
122_0046 (resized).JPG
122_0045 (resized).JPG
122_0044 (resized).JPG
122_0043 (resized).JPG
122_0042 (resized).JPG
122_0041 (resized).JPG
122_0040 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Torpedo Alley

Added: 2020-06-09 11:14:06 UTC • Ended: June 20th, 2020
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 1,600 (Firm)

Price is firm

Cosmetically this machine is pretty nice but it will need some work to get it playing 100%. Kind of a long story but I picked this up as a favor and was suppose to just pass it along "as purchased" to someone who did me a favor. Things changed and now I just want to see this out of my garage.

It starts & plays a game but it does have issues that need to be worked through. I have not messed with it enough to know "everything" that might need to be fixed. But this is a machine that rarely comes up for sale at any price so if you are looking for one I have it for sale. (Center plastic "mountain or cave" is broken very typical for this title).

Price is FIRM - I am just trying to get my money back. If it doesn't sell fairly quickly I'll just move it into the collection and get to it when I have more time. But for now I wanted to offer it for sale because I want to get the garage cleaned out so I can paint the garage this Summer.

Local Pick Up ONLY (just off I-81 exit 45 or 47 midway between the two exits) It will only be offered for sale for a couple weeks - if it doesn't sell for my asking price I'll just add it to our collection.

Item photos

122_0031 (resized).JPG
122_0032 (resized).JPG
122_0033 (resized).JPG
122_0034 (resized).JPG
122_0035 (resized).JPG
122_0036 (resized).JPG
122_0037 (resized).JPG
122_0038 (resized).JPG
122_0039 (resized).JPG
122_0040 (resized).JPG
122_0041 (resized).JPG
122_0042 (resized).JPG
122_0043 (resized).JPG
122_0044 (resized).JPG
122_0045 (resized).JPG
122_0046 (resized).JPG
122_0047 (resized).JPG
122_0048 (resized).JPG
122_0049 (resized).JPG
122_0050 (resized).JPG
122_0051 (resized).JPG
122_0052 (resized).JPG
122_0053 (resized).JPG
122_0054 (resized).JPG
122_0055 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 3 years ago

Wow. I’ve never posted this, but damn, wish you were closer. Really clean example of a cool game. You don’t need luck. This is priced right.

#3 3 years ago

I would be driving there right now if I did not already own one.

#4 3 years ago

its a great game IMO I bought one a few years ago just because it came up local & for a fair price thinking I would just enjoy it for a little while & move it along but it quickly became a serious favorite & may be one of the last to leave

#5 3 years ago

Will be gone or at least spoken for by lunchtime. WIWC!

#6 3 years ago

Indeed, I fell in love with one at a show a few years back and quickly snatched the first one that came available afterward. It's such a stupid silly but fast and fun game... oddly enough, it's a top fave of everyone who comes by from adults to kids, and I'm not entirely sure why. It's really got that "System 11" feel in secret (as it should, given the platform). No doubt this would be more sought after if the bg wasn't so polarizing... but for me personally that's just part of its stupid self-effacing charm.

Mine is in slightly rougher shape (but has all its caves intact mwuhaha and if this wasn't so far I'd seriously consider picking it up to swap parts and such. This game deserves more love. And a shaker

#7 3 years ago

The "best" and "most under rated" Data East title from what research I have done on it. Plus it is fairly rare hear in the US because most were shipped to Europe from what I have read about it. I knew it would sell fairly quickly once I listed it and in less than 3 hours I got about a half a dozen emails from people seriously interested. So I am going to make it "sale pending" for now just to slow the emails down about it. I think it will be sold to one of the six or seven people who have already emailed but if not I'll take sale pending off as soon as I know for sure.

#8 3 years ago

Torpedo Alley was rare in the US for a different reason...I was young but remember dad buying one and trading it back into the distributor within about 4-6 months because it was a maintenance nightmare. It was always having something break or fail. Similarly, High Speed was too at first, but no one cared much because the game earned so well.

#9 3 years ago

Keith Elwin has a Torpedo Alley in his personal collection, that should say a lot for this game! It’s fabulous.
I picked up a project TA for a bit less than this, so to see this one in such beautiful quality for such a screaming low price is astonishing!
Whoever gets this has absolutely made out. They’ll love it. Best Light Show out of all games of the 80s, it is an absolute flow monster. There is nothing to hate! The extreme cheese is part of the charm!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-torpedo-alley-9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.