20200925_185320 (resized).jpg
20200925_190822 (resized).jpg
BE1368C6-97B6-440F-A0B1-C0A0A906E6F0 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 2.13.20 PM (resized).png
1409E054-E0E5-44DB-83FF-B8FEC657E6C4 (resized).jpeg
84DBED1F-7B70-457C-ADF0-9C754EB54BA8 (resized).jpeg
A1C0A180-479E-4F58-8798-755A613282DA (resized).jpeg
27320F26-E264-4923-A0FB-CF5F4F28C202 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

Pull the ad and take it to auction. I still will volunteer you credentials to sell as an operator.

#102 3 years ago

Maybe my expectations were so low from watching the train wreck unfold. No doubt, the guy from Homepin is a self-destructive mess. Still, it played just as well as a bunch of middling titles that I’m not gonna spend time listing. Just giving my .02 as someone who played about 10-12 games at Pintastic.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Also, pretty sure this does have the updated ramp as it looks like it is metal.

Yup, it has the metal ramp in there. It doesn’t save the gameplay from being terrible but it’s a substantial upgrade from the one molded out of one layer of plastic wrap.

#104 3 years ago

I played this at Expo... other than the line of unplayed Houdini pins, this machine had the shortest "waiting to play" line in the whole hall... because there was never anyone actually playing it, and even worse, when you step up to it, it was always sitting with ball 2 in the shooter lane. Now, if you kinda like pinball, and want to "own a machine" in your game room and you are a REALLY HARD CORE Thunderbirds fan, then Thunderbirds are Go! is for you. Not a bad price for a box to sit in the game room and look like you are one cool cat to all your non-pinball playing friends. If you have any serious pin player friends, then put a sheet over it and a nice fern planter on the top while they are over and everything will be fine. GLWTS

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Final bump. Owner is open to $2500, but that’s as low as he’ll go before it heads to auction or is just kept for now.

Auction? he would get killed on this thing with seller's fees.

I played this at Expo and it was just a horrible game to play. I like a Shaq or WWE better than this thing.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

...I like a Shaq or WWE better than this thing.

Ice cold!

How much worse is this thing than Dominos?

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Auction? he would get killed on this thing with seller's fees.
I played this at Expo and it was just a horrible game to play. I like a Shaq or WWE better than this thing.

You are 100% wrong. There are more than Pinsiders at auctions, and I already volunteered to facilitate selling the machine under operator auspices. I think it would do well at auction, because you have many casual buyers, with children.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ice cold!

It's on par with Spooky's games. I've played Dominos and Thunderbirds. Hard to say which is worse.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ice cold!

I think Dominos is worse. As is Jetsons for that matter. Thunderbirds is not horrible in my opinion - just not something you will probably want to play more than once anywhere. Hard to justify the space.

#111 3 years ago

I played it at expo as I heard how bad and had to find out for myself (no line). It could be worse, but I do agree it actually looks okay from a distance but step up and it feels cheaply made and that center ramp is just weird (and a voice in your head asking... they make plastic lock down bars?)... but the biggest offense is it is just BORING to play and easy to walk away from. I played it 2-2/3 times... and I was the one who left the ball there as my daughter found it boring as well. Jetsons was similar... my daughter looked at me like I was making her play both games.. "um, Daddy... this is um, kind of boring." but honestly, I do hope you find it a home as that is a nice price for something newish and I am sure someone could enjoy it.

#112 3 years ago

Ok, so owner is also open to trades for pins in the $2-2500 range. Anything that might be a good router, system 11s, cheaper WPCs and Sterns, etc.

#113 3 years ago

Bump

#114 3 years ago

@the_director
If you do decide to take this to auction can you share the final price with us when all is said and done?
I suspect your client would get his asking price or higher, but would love to know the final outcome.

I’m still in the camp that if this was driving distance I would try to get it. Got a big enough collection that something like this would be interesting in the mix.

#115 3 years ago

If the driving distance so far, I'd offer a trade. Haven't played it, but doubtful its a great game. I just like to get my hands on different manufacturers to see how they built their stuff.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

You are 100% wrong. There are more than Pinsiders at auctions, and I already volunteered to facilitate selling the machine under operator auspices. I think it would do well at auction, because you have many casual buyers, with children.

Oh, yes sir! I must be 100% wrong because you "think"!

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

the_director
If you do decide to take this to auction can you share the final price with us when all is said and done?
I suspect your client would get his asking price or higher, but would love to know the final outcome.
I’m still in the camp that if this was driving distance I would try to get it. Got a big enough collection that something like this would be interesting in the mix.

Auction fees probably would equal something close to shipping. Maybe you guys could split it and get to give the game a new home?

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Oh, yes sir! I must be 100% wrong because you "think"!

No I think you are wrong, because I attend most auctions in the seller's vicinity, and with operator credentials the selling cost is minimal.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Auction fees probably would equal something close to shipping. Maybe you guys could split it and get to give the game a new home?

The most he would pay is $105.00

#120 3 years ago

How does this compare to a Zizzle?

#121 3 years ago

Thunderturd bump

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

the_director

If we lived closer I’d go halfsies with you and ship it just so I could play it . After we had our fill , up on the chopping block it goes .

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Donate it to Project Pinball, enjoy a tax right off, help some kids, a win / win?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/74#post-5876912

Haven’t those kids suffered enough?

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

The most he would pay is $105.00

That’s a third... so we’re talking about $200 extra? I bet they could easily strike a deal

#126 3 years ago

https://auctiongamesales.com/auctions/
3 weeks to this one, or pack it up now and go to Sevierville tomorrow.
I would bet you net out over 3k.

#127 3 years ago

Less than 30 minutes to Winston Salem. Go on the 24th. I was not planning to attend this one, but I will go, just to see what pans out. Let me know if you take this route. If you go to Sevierville tomorrow, let me know also, we will have a drink(I have been known to bring a bottle).

#131 3 years ago
4h5h3w (resized).jpg4h5h3w (resized).jpg
#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Donate it to Project Pinball, enjoy a tax right off, help some kids, a win / win?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern/page/74#post-5876912

Best option. Take a tax write off

#133 3 years ago

I'll pay $2000 if this can be shipped. I can arrange shipping, no problem.
Terry.

#134 3 years ago

We have a winner!

#135 3 years ago

And if this deal actually goes though it will played more than Houdini (because I don't own it). Me and my friends will form a line to play it. No one will leave ball 2 in the shooter lane, that sucker will be played! I do kinda like pinball, and I do "own a machine" (or 40). I'm not a REALLY HARD CORE Thunderbirds fan, but Thunderbirds are Go! $2000 is not a bad price, I'm in. There will not be a sheet covering it. Ever. This cool cat will play this machine with his pinball playing friends (even the serious ones). I have a fern planter I am going to sit right next to the machine (OK, OK, I don't have a fern planter but now I have a reason to buy one).
Welp, I think that about covers it! Bring this bad boy on!
Terry.

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

And if this deal actually goes though it will played more than Houdini (because I don't own it). Me and my friends will form a line to play it. No one will leave ball 2 in the shooter lane, that sucker will be played! I do kinda like pinball, and I do "own a machine" (or 40). I'm not a REALLY HARD CORE Thunderbirds fan, but Thunderbirds are Go! $2000 is not a bad price, I'm in. There will not be a sheet covering it. Ever. This cool cat will play this machine with his pinball playing friends (even the serious ones). I have a fern planter I am going to sit right next to the machine (OK, OK, I don't have a fern planter but now I have a reason to buy one).
Terry.

Touche

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.

Musical Chairs

#138 3 years ago

I'm in for the Raffle. I'll put 50$ in. There's a good 59 of us posting that will get the seller what he wants.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

It's on par with Spooky's games. I've played Dominos and Thunderbirds. Hard to say which is worse.

My favorites are : Supreme, Predator and Thunderbirds. In that order. Ayup.

25AA1799-69F5-4A85-B228-5E0CF4DCADE9.gif25AA1799-69F5-4A85-B228-5E0CF4DCADE9.gif
#140 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Musical Chairs

Except I’m always the dude whistling and not paying attention when the music stops and is left praying there’s still a chair left.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

No one will leave ball 2 in the shooter lane, that sucker will be played!

I rank this statement up there with "Pinball is Easy".

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

I'll pay $2000 if this can be shipped. I can arrange shipping, no problem.
Terry.

Pawn stars negotiating, $1500 cash $1000 store credit

#143 3 years ago

Is it sold?
Did it go to the auction.
"I guts to know".

I would go in on the raffle as well.

This is the longest for sale ad thread since the baywatch affair

#144 3 years ago

Doesn't this pin have a pretty deep ruleset? I know it's hard to play but I wonder if you played it a lot you could get good at it?
I've read all the comments on it through the years but just wondering if its too difficult or you just don't care enough to learn it.

#145 3 years ago

If Terry ends up with this pin I will play it.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If Terry ends up with this pin I will play it.

And Jay working Pinball Olympics using Thunderbirds? So many options...

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Doesn't this pin have a pretty deep ruleset? I know it's hard to play but I wonder if you played it a lot you could get good at it?
I've read all the comments on it through the years but just wondering if its too difficult or you just don't care enough to learn it.

Do you honestly believe a pin would be called “Thunderturds” if it was too difficult to play?

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Doesn't this pin have a pretty deep ruleset?

I-N-T-E-R-N-A-T-I-O-N-A-L-R-E-S-C-U-E

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Thunderbirds are Go!
Bring this bad boy on!
Terry.

I knew Terry was a good dude, but I didn’t know he was an epic wingman! This is an amazing moment in hookup history.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

No it has a very repetitive rule set and very repetitive and glitchy sounds and dots. It is hard to play in the sense that it is so painfully bad it is hard to play without wanting to quit playing. Gameplay is in fact easy. Just lock a ball. If you then later drain, that locked ball releases back into play. Think of it like Sonic the Hedgehog. As long as you have a ring, you won’t die if you get hit. The only real thing to do is spell International Rescue, which requires you to shoot the ramp to nowhere 19 times. The ramp shot is one of the least satisfying shots in all of pinball. Nothing special happens once you achieve this goal.

There are 178 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbirds-6/page/3?hl=clellison and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.