View topic image gallery

imtbirds (resized).png
Screenshot_20191025-170739_Facebook (resized).jpg
20191020_213203 (resized).jpg
20191020_213158 (resized).jpg
20191020_213203 (resized).jpg
20191020_213123 (resized).jpg
20191020_213214 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

What do you mean by 'good base product'? The game sucks.

Lol. Like making a cake with Crap hoping to make it into cup cakes for a different taste. lol

#52 4 years ago

TOTAN look out, you may have a contender for "Best" pinball art package....Thunderbirds!!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

What do you mean by 'good base product'? The game sucks.

Totally agree, but look at the six million dollar man, they rebuilt him ha ha ha

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Totally agree, but look at the six million dollar man, they rebuilt him ha ha ha

This would have to be more like RoboCop.

#55 4 years ago

You guys are being real dicks in this Pinsider’s for sale thread.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

You can also see that hideous orange Ice Cold Beer clone.

If priced right it would sell well. Icb is insane now

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

You guys are being real dicks in this Pinsider’s for sale thread.

It's not an issue of no one wants it at all or some people would want it, except for the posts here. There are plenty of curious people (like me) that are interested to buy it just to try out and then pass it on, but the cross-country shipping kills it for west-coasters. Conversation, plus or minus, bumps the thread and at least keeps it visible on the forums. I regard that as a benefit that can help it sell.

#58 4 years ago

Colonel Austin we regret to inform you we don't have the technology to access your source code because we stole your internal circuitry design from another company so your planned 4k color bionic vision will be permanently reduced to an orange hue.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not an issue of no one wants it at all or some people would want it, except for the posts here. There are plenty of curious people (like me) that are interested to buy it just to try out and then pass on, but the shipping kills it. Conversation, plus or minus, bumps the thread and at least keeps it visible on the forums. I regard that as a benefit that can help it sell.

I played it a couple times at TPF. I don't claim to be an expert on it, but it is certainly better than a lot of other pins out there. It gets a lot of hate, but I'm not 100% sure why.

At this price, I would think there is a buyer for it. Best luck on the sale, my friend.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It gets a lot of hate, but I'm not 100% sure why..

Mostly it’s because they hate mike and never miss a chance to tell everyone. if you look close it’s always the same people.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

. It gets a lot of hate, but I'm not 100% sure why.

Pinsider love to hate it seems. Group mentality, sucks me in once in a while too unfortunately.

I think this game is priced nicely.

Good luck! And glad you bought your other game despite this.

#62 4 years ago

I guess I have a different perspective than just about everyone else that hates this game, having been in the same position as the OP earlier this year. Read my review. Selling this game is no small feat.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Mostly it’s because they hate mike and never miss a chance to tell everyone. if you look close it’s always the same people.

No Doug, the game sucks really hard. To top it off Mikes attitude makes it hard to like him.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It gets a lot of hate, but I'm not 100% sure why.

Perhaps ask yourself why there were less than 20 people who put down preorder money on a proposed machine despite the fact there are literally thousands of pinball collectors in Australia.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

It's objectively a dogshit game. Absolutely brutal--should not have been produced as-is.

#66 4 years ago

I played it and thought it was fun.
Not the deepest game, but better than a lot of games I have played.

Really different.

Well worth giving it a try IMHO...

I like the theme its quirky and different.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I played it and thought it was fun.
Not the deepest game, but better than a lot of games I have played.
Really different.
Well worth giving it a try IMHO...
I like the theme its quirky and different.

But would you pay $6k to own one NIB...or 3k for this machine, which has failed to find a buyer to this point?!. I predict a buyer at $1,800.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

It's objectively a dogshit game. Absolutely brutal--should not have been produced as-is.

maybe it is, maybe it isnt. i really dont know.. i dont like any of them much and i dont hold the slightest value in most of these peoples opinions so im a bad judge of it overall but i do know you're the one posting stuff like this on a blokes for sale thread... pretty sure that aint high class either?.

leave the guy to sell his game and stop smearing it.

#69 4 years ago

No Doug, the game sucks really hard. To top it off Mikes attitude makes it hard to like him.

actually mikes attitude is why i like him.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

You are absolutely correct. It should never have been produced as is and the inherent design flaws should have been addressed in the prototype stage if not sooner.

Problem is Homepin surrounded himself with AussieArcade sycophants for feedback and input for the entire design process and then got them to shill the two prototypes when they landed in Australia/New Zealand in order to hype up international interest when the lack of local interest became glaringly apparent.

It would have looked totally bizarre to read down under pinside reviews describing a machine as being one step away from perfection and the most played machine in a bank of 130+ and then announce scrapping the existing playfield with an entire redesign a week later.

#71 4 years ago

Based on my own experience, the only piece of advice I can give about selling this game is that a pinball forum is probably not a great place to advertise. If there's a North American chapter for the Thunderbirds Fan Club or a puppet aficionado's community somewhere.....that's where this needs to be marketed. A place where the Thunderbirds theme is paramount and it being a pinball machine doesn't really enter into the equation. Having said that, Pinside is literally the worst place to put up an ad for this thing. LOL at all of the - "If I only lived closer" - comments....yeah, sure. There's a massive market of people that have either never seen a pinball machine or never played one (very close to the entire world population)....go get'em. If people have something to compare this to, you're done.

#72 4 years ago

maybe the silverball museum in Del Ray would be interested in this curio.

#73 4 years ago

My friend is trading for one and will be out on location soon. I'm looking forward to throwing a few loonies in it. I like to make my own mind up before trashing a game. Some of the lowest rated pinside 100 games are actually fun. This one doesn't sound like it's fun but I like to support my local operator and friend anyway.

#74 4 years ago

ThunderBUMP!

imtbirds (resized).pngimtbirds (resized).png
#75 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

ThunderBUMP![quoted image]

LOL! And i can't see any legs in your photo.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

actually mikes attitude is why i like him.

Doug, do you realise what you just typed?
Based on history that really is a stupid comment don't you think?

#77 4 years ago

Doug, do you realise what you just typed?
Based on history that really is a stupid comment don't you think?

No kidding. I can't say I'm too surprised by that comment coming from him though.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

No kidding. I can't say I'm too surprised by that comment coming from him though.

Sounds like something Mike would say Himself

#79 4 years ago

(edited)

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Mike murdered at least two people making this game, it's worth 3k all day.

The real backstory (not the down under propaganda spun on pinside to garner international sales) behind all this would leave the Coen Brothers in the dust.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbirds-3/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.