View topic image gallery

imtbirds (resized).png
Screenshot_20191025-170739_Facebook (resized).jpg
20191020_213203 (resized).jpg
20191020_213158 (resized).jpg
20191020_213123 (resized).jpg
20191020_213214 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Thunderbirds

Added: 2019-10-21 01:43:35 UTC • Ended: January 11th, 2020
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 2,999

Item description

For sale is a HUO Thunderbirds pinball. Everything works like it should there are no issues. I update the middle ramp to the metal ramp.

Really not much else to say. You either love or hate this pin. Most people hate it lol. I actually think it's a pretty fun pin. Yeah it's not Medival Madness fun but it's an almost brand new pin for around three grand.

If interested I can send some additional pics.

Item photos

20191020_213123 (resized).jpg
20191020_213158 (resized).jpg
20191020_213214 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are murfe88's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to murfe88's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Land O' Lakes, FL, US

#2 4 years ago

Well, at least this lasted longer at its second home, but still pretty fast turnaround. It's a shame you're on the wrong coast. I'd probably take a chance on it just to PLAY it, but crazy shipping for pins these days kills that idea dead.

#3 4 years ago

These Thunderbird FS ads are always interesting. Hope you’re able to sell it.

#4 4 years ago

If you were in Ca, it would be sold.

#5 4 years ago

I like the pin. I just have an opportunity to get an Oktoberfest and I need about $3k so I either have to sell this or Full throttle.

In a collection with a couple pins it is kind of nice to have. Something different to play.

#6 4 years ago

Your FT should sell. It’s priced right!

#7 4 years ago

I played it at Pintastic, thought it was a fairly middle of the road pin.

#8 4 years ago

Does it actually have a plastic lockdown bar?

#9 4 years ago

Yes, it's plastic.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Your FT should sell. It’s priced right!

Disagree, one out in Denver is 3600 and has been for almost a year. It is still fs. I want it, but just blew my funds on a superkixx, bk2k project, and populated ww pf. That one is mint with no issues and know he will take less.

Shame, but really shows how a theme makes or breaks a game. My understanding is it has less problems than alien, but a fraction of the value due to the theme.

#12 4 years ago

How about $2999.

#13 4 years ago

Fire sale! Could this possibly be the lowest listed sale price for a new (out of box) pin?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Fire sale! Could this possibly be the lowest listed sale price for a new (out of box) pin?

Second owner, so it's not quite New out of Box as far as I know. But yeah, it's one of the lowest-regarded pins in recent history. People REALLY have posted some very negative opinions on this machine, which means I really want to play it for myself!

#15 4 years ago

I miraculously sold mine for $4000 CAD which is about $3050 USD - 71 plays. If you need a shoulder to cry on OP, shoot me a PM.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I miraculously sold mine for $4000 CAD which is about $3050 USD - 71 plays. If you need a shoulder to cry on OP, shoot me a PM.

Pretty sure this is the second owner (there aren't that many out there) the big hit on this one was the first seller. He took about a $1500+ bath.

#17 4 years ago

Folks take a loss on pins all the time. TB gets attention because of it’s rarity and notoriety.

#18 4 years ago

Bargain. Someone should buy it as a donor machine for another Thunderbirds.

#19 4 years ago

If I wasn't broke from buying super kixx, ice turbo drive, bk2k project, ww pop pf, and a bare cab all this week I'd have taken a swing at this. Bad timing for me sadly.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Folks take a loss on pins all the time.

Not a loss, a rental fee

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Folks take a loss on pins all the time. TB gets attention because of it’s rarity and notoriety.

and due to the person who made it

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

TB gets attention because of it’s rarity and notoriety.

Said with a ton of sarcasm.

QSS

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

and due to the person who made it

Don't forget the fake reviews/testimonials from the AA drone cheer squad on here at the time.

#25 4 years ago

Gee guys...there is no reason to shit up his For Sale Thread.....

#26 4 years ago

For 3k it’s worth every penny for a rare title. Glwts!

#27 4 years ago

It’s totally cool! I watched a video of these being hand built in China by an Australian company. If this was near the West coI would be in!

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Gee guys...there is no reason to shit up his For Sale Thread.....

What makes this different than any other pinside marketplace thread?

#29 4 years ago

Well I ended up getting the Oktoberfest that I was needing the money from selling the Thunderbirds. At this point if Thunderbirds doesn't sell I am fine with it. I actually like the game and I dont need the money from selling it.

#30 4 years ago

Slap a Supreme sticker on the cab and it will sell for $6k this afternoon.

#32 4 years ago

I REALLY want this table, as a massive TB fan. I just don't have 3k to spare atm.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What makes this different than any other pinside marketplace thread?

#34 4 years ago

Can see this game becoming a hipster classic - not many produced. Campy theme, so bad it’s good.

#35 4 years ago

I see it as a Dumpster Classic.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Can see this game becoming a hipster classic - not many produced. Campy theme, so bad it’s good.

I didn't realise hipsters shopped at Cash Converters.

#37 4 years ago

I saw this on Homepins Facebook today. New Thunderbird pins ready to ship.
I can't sell my HUO Thunderbirds for $3000. Who is still buying these at full price?

Screenshot_20191025-170739_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191025-170739_Facebook (resized).jpg
#38 4 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I can't sell my HUO Thunderbirds for $3000. Who is still buying these at full price?[quoted image]

Simple, Pinside is a small fragment of the overall market. A vocal fragment, but small in the big picture. The casuals buying these at $5k are the ones that will be unloading them for half that in a year. Price trajectory has been unrelentingly down on this pin.

I haven't played one, still, but it's surprising that the code hasn't been updated to make the game a less crappy experience. Stern has shown that delivering great code even years later will bump prices up for formerly undesirable pins. Shocking Homepin hasn't taken that lesson to prop up their debut title.

1 week later
#39 4 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

I can't sell my HUO Thunderbirds for $3000. Who is still buying these at full price?[quoted image]

the TAG's in the picture are probably the last of the pre-orders

you can see a little bit more of that Chinese Zombie game in that photo too

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from TIB:

probably not you mean

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

No end consumers from what I've seen. In fact down here the handful of original preorders who actually have one are dumping them for a loss (as per the US market).

My conclusion is the purchasers are new country agents being shanghaied into the supply chain to buy units so they have actual inventory to advertise.

If you look at the TBAG pinball dedicated website they keep adding country agents, yet we aren't seeing any real evidence of that translate into a noticeable increase in machine ownership globally.

They are in all probability the source of the fresh funds which are allowing the original preorders from six years ago to be built piecemeal as the new agents are required to pay 100% before their units are built/shipped (as per the TBAG website).

Quoted from TIB:

That first batch of 2013 preorder TBAG's were only built because of a bailout from US dollars in 2018.

You have to love the irony....

#42 4 years ago

I want to play this game! Anyone in Jersey have one?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Pinballstar amusements has/had one. They brought one to Allentown last year. If it hasn't sold, there is a good chance it will come to Allentown this year too. I'd check the next show they are going to and ask them if they are bringing it. In the last email I got from them (last year) they had at least one open box and one NIB... but it's been a while.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

#nobody

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from TIB:

You can also see that hideous orange Ice Cold Beer clone.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Trust me Ted.....you don’t.

#47 4 years ago

Is there an alternate Team America translite available for this?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Trust me Ted.....you don’t.

That seems a strange comment because when it was initially released down here it was being described to pinsiders North of the equator as one step away from perfection which had a continuous lineup over multiple days to play it. These "fair and objective" reviews were provided on pinside from locals attending the machine unveiling at both Pinfest Newcastle Australia and rotordave's pinball meet in New Zealand.

Now it appears to have done a complete down under 180 and those same locals are attempting to distance themselves as far as possible from their gushing reviews of the machine for some reason....

#49 4 years ago

GOOD base product for a massive re theme, re work? Maybe

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

GOOD base product for a massive re theme, re work? Maybe

What do you mean by 'good base product'? The game sucks.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbirds-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.