image-4 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181105_192232232 (resized).jpg
TAWP (resized).jpg
imtbirds.png
B6C7911F-2F9B-44EC-BDD8-1570BB65A5D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181213-134632_Chrome (resized).jpg
B4482F66-F3C2-406C-931A-8BF1E87629BE (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Guess that makes all pinball manufacturers amateurs. And the one clear hobbyist the pro !

well for dmd stuff its fine to use more basic microcontroller systems but all the new lcd games it makes more sense to be linux based.

#254 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

The latest sterns are a linux based cpu i'm pretty sure so they are technically just pc's as well

They're ARM system on a chip. More like a cell phone than a "PC".

I think Stern has the best implementation (node boards nonwithstanding)

#255 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They're ARM system on a chip. More like a cell phone than a "PC".
I think Stern has the best implementation (node boards nonwithstanding)

Ah but it does run some cut down version of linux?

#256 5 years ago

At 3525 this thing should sell.

#257 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

All very true, except Avatar. It has been a floating turd since day one. Still floats and smells the same today. I wouldn’t make space for it for 1k.

And that is you. Lots of people have come to like Avatar and the prices they pull reflect this. I wouldn't make room for Adams for 1k, doesn't mean it doesn't have plenty of fans.

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And that is you. Lots of people have come to like Avatar and the prices they pull reflect this. I wouldn't make room for Adams for 1k, doesn't mean it doesn't have plenty of fans.

That actually makes a lot of sense.
Other than the fact you're comparing Avatar to TAF.

#259 5 years ago

TBAG starting to look like a moped - lots of people out there think it might be fun, want to pull the trigger - but no one wants to be the guy that just bought the moped.

Seller should hold fast at 3525 and offer a non-disclosure agreement assuring the complete privacy of the transaction....

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

TBAG starting to look like a moped - lots of people out there think it might be fun, want to pull the trigger - but no one wants to be the guy that just bought the moped.
Seller should hold fast at 3525 and offer a non-disclosure agreement assuring the complete privacy of the transaction....

Man, talk about unfortunate acronyms...

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Man, talk about unfortunate acronyms...

Thunderbirds is all one word so its TAG.

#262 5 years ago

I think TBAG is both funny and more appropriate.

#263 5 years ago
tbirds04 (resized).jpgtbirds04 (resized).jpg
#265 5 years ago

How about dropping it $50 a day until it sells? If it reaches $0 just donate it to charity

#266 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

How about dropping it $50 a day until it sells? If it reaches $0 just donate it to charity

That's unreasonable.
-Mike

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Could it be fixed with just code? Seems most of the complaints are mechanical in issue.
There is some sloppiness with the display for instance the end of ball bonus you can see a desync between the Bonus Title and Amount. That's because in AMH the video kernel was hard coded to show X value on X frame of video, but when TB made their video they were a few frames off.
It also doesn't appear to be using the 16 shade mode which lends me to believe they lifted the code in late 2013. Which also means a bug with the SD card hadn't been fixed yet either whoops!
The hardware is also capable of self updating (like RZ Jetsons Domino's)

Based on the amount of intellectual property US businesses claim are stolen by Chinese companies... it’s only fitting that Mike did this

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Evidently potential buyers don't like it either...

At the very least it's good to see that Homepin marketing strategy of "shut up America if you don't get the theme" is really paying off.

Typical big fish in a small pond mentality.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I think you need some fresh air from home pin's trousers.

You just know it's gettting bad down here when there are people on the other side of the world who can spot how obvious it is.

The remora based phenomenon unique to Australian pinball - attach to a host higher up the pinball chain by suction and feed off their excreta.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Anymore if it is a dmd around here they go for 2k, regardless of what the title is. That said, pistol poker would only pull 2k (have a well known collector who has tried to buy mine for that). 200 made, rare as all get out but lack of code really holds it back. Punchy is the same story, but its more a redemption game than a pin.

Pistol Poker is actually really fun to shoot and there's enough to the rules to make it playable. Good upper and lower playfield split too. It shouldn't be lumped in with Punchy or known terrible games.

#270 5 years ago

Well this will be the longest and most advertised for sale thread ever!

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Based on the amount of intellectual property US businesses claim are stolen by Chinese companies... it’s only fitting that Mike did this

Australia was populated by criminals a couple hundred years ago. Maybe he felt he was just feeling his criminal roots.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well this will be the longest and most advertised for sale thread ever!

Baywatch beats this. I wish someone would give this game a shot at this price.

#273 5 years ago

If it's buggy it's like pistol poker and pretty much a boat anchor. I do like his/seller/op honesty and I am really surprised nobody is jumping on this deal. If anything it's a piece of history and will be rare. And if kept in a cool basement the plastic lockbar will feel much better than cold steel. The flipper buttons do feel like Chinese crap but I bet you could easily swap in some real buttons.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

...The flipper buttons do feel like Chinese crap but I bet you could easily swap in some real buttons.

I’m sure they could! Will probably make for a much better experience.

#275 5 years ago

can we just appreciate the fact that the OP hasn't gone loco on all of these people bombing his thread? This alone makes the OP stand out as a good guy IMO

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

can we just appreciate the fact that the OP hasn't gone loco on all of these people bombing his thread? This alone makes the OP stand out as a good guy IMO

There is some bombing, but the constant bumps are keeping it near the top of the forum (mine included)! Hopefully it sells soon.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

He bombed HIS OWN THREAD by calling it a dumpster fire. That's an A+ seller in my book. All these posts are just visibility bumps for his ad.

#278 5 years ago

Twilight Time BUMP!

s-l640.jpgs-l640.jpg
#279 5 years ago

dangerwil what kind of offers have you been getting?

#280 5 years ago

Thunderbirds... 0K by Xmas.

#281 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

dangerwil what kind of offers have you been getting?

straight swap with a blueray dvd

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Thunderbirds... 0K by Xmas.

I don't think it will ever actually be ok.

#283 5 years ago

Thunderbump!

#284 5 years ago

why don't you buy it, as noticed you're a homepin supporter

#285 5 years ago

Would be absolutely hillarious if the OP changed title of thread from “FS: Thunderbirds” to “FS: Thunderturds”

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

why don't you buy it, as noticed you're a homepin supporter

I'm a Pinball Supporter. I'd like to play it first....if I like it, I would buy it.

#287 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Would be absolutely hillarious if the OP changed title of thread from “FS: Thunderbirds” to “FS: Thunderturds”

This brings a smile

https://cards.boomerang.nl/cards/thunderturds/

#288 5 years ago

Should start raising price every day slowly. Give the illusion that its getting more valuble every day and better get it now why its cheaper.

#289 5 years ago

With a collection the size of mine I could easily find room to hide this pin. I know there’s lots of drama behind Homepin and can look past that. I can also look past the small flipper buttons; they can be easily replaced. The thing that bothers me about the Thunderbirds is its sparsely populated playfield and barren backboard. I’m all about supporting new manufacturers in hopes of future titles. Maybe Mike is concentrating on the Chinese market for the timebeing. Well over a billion people live in China. Get them hooked on pinball to support a robust manufacturing base and maybe follow-on games from Homepin will be better designed and suited for the western market.

#290 5 years ago

Thundebirds officially has its 15th approved rating. I guess we'll see where it lands in the "Top 100" on Monday.

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thundebirds officially has its 15th approved rating. I guess we'll see where it lands in the "Top 100" on Monday.

Does the list go to 1000?

#292 5 years ago

In the entire world there are only 7 pinsiders that claim they own this, and 5 public locations. Must be hundreds of pinball collectors not on pinside that like thunderbirds.

Do pinside ads eventually expire?

#293 5 years ago

I definitely doubt there are more than a 100 of these out there, maybe close too

The problem is Mike is slowly getting banned or deletes his account on multiple pinball forum sites, 2 in Australia and Pinside and who knows what other ones so his exposure is not the best

#294 5 years ago

With the 5 out of 15 ratings visible, they average out to 5.373. This would rank Thunderbirds 358 out of 360. It only beats out Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball and Hercules.
Screenshot_20181222-125044_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181222-125044_Chrome (resized).jpg

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I definitely doubt there are more than a 100 of these out there, maybe close too

i was being VERY generous to not look like i was shitting on this 4sale ad

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

i was being VERY generous to not look like i was shitting on this 4sale ad

yes, not intentionally shitting on the sale either, it currently would fit into the rare title game, and hoped the OP would get more than $3.5k

#297 5 years ago
IMG_4876 (resized).JPGIMG_4876 (resized).JPG
#298 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

With the 5 out of 15 ratings visible, they average out to 5.373. This would rank Thunderbirds 358 out of 360. It only beats out Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball and Hercules.
[quoted image]

Looks like I need to rate BBBB then! No way that game isn't better. lol

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Australia was populated by criminals a couple hundred years ago. Maybe he felt he was just feeling his criminal roots.

Getting warmer.....getting warmer.....you're boiling hot.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image]

No way Bugs Bunny is below this. Even for a system 11 parts game.

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbirds-1/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.