image-4 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181105_192232232 (resized).jpg
TAWP (resized).jpg
imtbirds.png
B6C7911F-2F9B-44EC-BDD8-1570BB65A5D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181213-134632_Chrome (resized).jpg
B4482F66-F3C2-406C-931A-8BF1E87629BE (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Evidently potential buyers don't like it either...

Well, the anti-hype (truth?) train isn't exactly helping...

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

It does seem a bit excessive how much shit Homepin is getting, I don't really blame the guy for taking things personally. He's certainly put a lot of time, money and hardwork to get the machine to this point even if it didn't turn out exactly the way he wanted. Should he of handled himself better, of course, but the guys is probably just on tilt at this point from the nonstop thrashing he's taken. Whether or not the game came out great or fell short shouldn't take away from what they accomplished, it was their first attempt at it right? Take the lessons learned and do better next time, I don't understand the apparent need to burn him at the stake.

Man I don’t care about crushing the guy but he burned himself at the stake

You’ve been around here for quite awhile. You remember Mike from the announcement years ago, taking a crap all over potential US buyers

Sorry, did it to himself

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man I don’t care about crushing the guy but he burned himself at the stake
You’ve been around here for quite awhile. You remember Mike from the announcement years ago, taking a crap all over potential US buyers
Sorry, did it to himself

people still willing to buy from deeproot even tho jpop is an employee there... I think if Mike hit it out of the park with a game/code/theme combo people wouldnt give a crap about that and buy it... happens every damn release here on pinside... people crap on beatles then change tune and buy it, ring a bell?

#204 5 years ago

One plus from this thread is that it got me to look up The Thunderbirds as I had never seen any of the episodes. YouTube has some episodes. I definitely see where they got the idea for Team America World Police.

Marionette sex bump!

TAWP (resized).jpgTAWP (resized).jpg
#205 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

people still willing to buy from deeproot even tho jpop is an employee there... I think if Mike hit it out of the park with a game/code/theme combo people wouldnt give a crap about that and buy it... happens every damn release here on pinside... people crap on beatles then change tune and buy it, ring a bell?

It's a bit different I think. Robert from DR has had his issues too but he wasn't flipping the bird to potential customers, despite hiring Jpop.

If Mike ever makes a great game, which i highly doubt, then i'm sure people will buy it, not as many that otherwise would have though.

As for Beatles, its just about the game, not the people behind it.

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a bit different I think. Robert from DR has had his issues too but he wasn't flipping the bird to potential customers, despite hiring Jpop.
If Mike ever makes a great game, which i highly doubt, then i'm sure people will buy it, not as many that otherwise would have though.
As for Beatles, its just about the game, not the people behind it.

I fully agree that people forgive and forget when companies show respect for their customers and/or build good games.

I personally think this game is horrible. It's priced extremely fair though and I hope someone buys it. The game will be a rare one and someone should jump on the deal.

#207 5 years ago

What is the magic number on this? $3,100?

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I fully agree that people forgive and forget when companies show respect for their customers and/or build good games.
I personally think this game is horrible. It's priced extremely fair though and I hope someone buys it. The game will be a rare one and someone should jump on the deal.

Rarity doesn’t mean much with a turd: “Hey, look at that one-of-a-kind turd, with its unique arrangement of peanuts and corn! Who knows what it might be worth in the future.”

“But it’s a turd...”

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

i cannot see Mike lasting long in the pinball business, there are just too many things he needs to change. he is a head strong guy, he cannot make those changes
he needs to get someone with experience to design the next game, so it is fun to shoot
he need an experienced programmer,

I do feel sorry for Mike, he has put a lot of time and effort into making the game (business), but he just does not have the right attitude

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Rarity doesn’t mean much with a turd: “Hey, look at that one-of-a-kind turd, with its unique arrangement of peanuts and corn! Who knows what it might be worth in the future.”
“But it’s a turd...”

How does that explain "Magic Girl?"

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Well Thunderbirds is better than Magic Girl!!!

#212 5 years ago

Ok, I believe it's time.

IMG_20181105_192232232 (resized).jpgIMG_20181105_192232232 (resized).jpg
#213 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Good question. I wouldn't pay much for one myself. I would imagine the value comes from the fact that the game would have been epic if it was completed. Rarity must be paired with quality. TOTAN, BBB, PM, Kingpin etc...

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Good question. I wouldn't pay much for one myself. I would imagine the value comes from the fact that the game would have been epic if it was completed. Rarity must be paired with quality. TOTAN, BBB, PM, Kingpin etc...

Nope. Value isn't any more related to quality as rarity.

Perceived value is determined by supply and demand, based on what one perceives others would pay for it. Actual value is what someone pays.

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is the magic number on this? $3,100?

$2500.00 and I send funds !!!
Sorry no disrespect!!!

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Maybe the stuff inside is good, but we know the the electronics are a rip-off of a design by an amateur hobbyist (sorry Ben, but it’s true)

The boardset that Parker and I designed is a Masterpiece of Cheapness!

Amateurs are people who shove entire PC's into a pin.

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

$2500.00 and I send funds !!!
Sorry no disrespect!!!

I offered him slightly more.

#218 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So that would be ...jjp with their pc ...cgc with their beagle board computer , Heighway , multimorphic with the p3

Guess just you and stern are ones not using a “pc”

#219 5 years ago

"However I certainly did not expect this dumpster fire"

This will go down as the greatest single line from the SELLER in his own ad. wow.

#220 5 years ago

I really think TBAG was just a test to see how many of the parts they could copy.

The real prize for Mike would be becoming a Stern supplier.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I really think TBAG was just a test to see how many of the parts they could copy.

But why would Stern or any other pinball company do that when they can see Mike dummy spit so often - they would be worried when there supply would suddenly stop due to his rants, dislikes or change in mind behaviour

Well we will know if Stern start having belly button flipper buttons and plastic lockdown bars where they came from

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

But why would Stern or any other pinball company do that when they can see Mike dummy spit so often - they would be worried when there supply would suddenly stop due to his rants, dislikes or change in mind behaviour
Well we will know if Stern start having belly button flipper buttons and plastic lockdown bars where they came from

Not sure about all of you but plastic is a great material ... space age. If used in more parts of the machine like the cabinet and play field it would really make these things portable. Mike really
Is on to something here.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

"However I certainly did not expect this dumpster fire"
This will go down as the greatest single line from the SELLER in his own ad. wow.

One man's dumpster fire is another man's free buffet barbeque.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Supplier problems?
http://www.supplierblacklist.com/2016/05/18/rapide-3d-ionnoi-digital-ltd/

Especially if Mr Stern has even half the business acumen and ability to do due diligence I presume he has. If anything he would be looking at a long term stable supply chain.

How long does $750,000US in indiegogo crowdfunding last when you have 32k/month operating expenses?

#226 5 years ago

Sorry, not going below $3525. Pinside gotta get that $25.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Serious question benheck could you fix this game?

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Depends on whether new testament or old testament is chosen for the reskin.

#229 5 years ago

Goes to show that you can get away with all sorts of flaws, QC issues ( just look at other manufacturers ).

But, you have to nail -

Shot geometry.

Code/rules.

Responsive/strong flippers.

The above 3 were why I didn't care for the game. It could have been built out of the best materials on the planet and it would make no difference.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Goes to show that you can get away with all sorts of flaws, QC issues ( just look at other manufacturers ).
But, you have to nail -
Shot geometry.
Code/rules.
Responsive/strong flippers.
The above 3 were why I didn't care for the game. It could have been built out of the best materials on the planet and it would make no difference.

By your 3 rules I will guess you don’t have Houdini...

#231 5 years ago

I haven't had the pleasure of playing one yet, so which is better?

image-4 (resized).jpgimage-4 (resized).jpg
#232 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't had the pleasure of playing one yet, so which is better?

Personally, I’d rather play the wood rail. But regardless, this Seller is an awesome person with a great reputation in Florida. To those that indicated interest, you won’t be disappointed with the transaction.

@dangerwil, have you checked to see if pinball palace or some place like that might be interested? GLWTS

#233 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Could it be fixed with just code? Seems most of the complaints are mechanical in issue.

There is some sloppiness with the display for instance the end of ball bonus you can see a desync between the Bonus Title and Amount. That's because in AMH the video kernel was hard coded to show X value on X frame of video, but when TB made their video they were a few frames off.

It also doesn't appear to be using the 16 shade mode which lends me to believe they lifted the code in late 2013. Which also means a bug with the SD card hadn't been fixed yet either whoops!

The hardware is also capable of self updating (like RZ Jetsons Domino's)

#234 5 years ago

We have a Thunderbirds at The Pinball Palace . Just ordered a new coil which Pinballstar helped me secure from China . Not sure why no parts supply in USA. DangerWil is my friend and also a very big tech help . He is honest in the ad because even though he would like to get his money back he wants full disclosure to the seller . He is a man of integrity . The new ramp helps but the code is still glitchy . You get a “shoot faster” message and countdown when the ball is locked and you dont have another ball to shoot . so you have 10 seconds to wait . The flipper buttons are weird and I plan on changing mine . For me with 100 plus other pins for my customers to play it gets a little play . I love the art work . I think it will be a rare machine with few shipped . Will that increase value ? maybe not but a new pin for $3500 is a deal. Get it for your kids to bash around .

51765842-9149-42EE-91DF-55AB8F517442 (resized).jpeg51765842-9149-42EE-91DF-55AB8F517442 (resized).jpeg
#235 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

“But it’s a turd...”

Rarity is a weird bird. Rarity can increase the value well beyond what a game is worth relative to others. BBB is an example of this. It is capcom's 2nd best game, yet is worth 3-4x what a Pinball Magic is worth. The reason is the story behind it got it a lot of publicity.

A game with less out there is Mystery Castle. It is an amazeball game, but so few have played it. Many have not heard of it. It commands 1/4 of BBB.

The other problem is you really have to get away from the newness of a title to tell how it will fare. What is a terrible turd today might be seen as a great player's game down the road. Avatar and IM are great examples of this. Took a good long while for them to stop being hated on.

Others need code updates before they get loved, TWD. Thunderbirds might just get such code updates, but I wouldn't count on that.

As a buyer of turds, I mean rare games, 3500 seems like a good price today given what it costs new. Its a big gamble though and depending on how homepin handles the code it might go up in value over time. It is just as likely that homepin folds, the game remains as it is, and it falls to about 2k where other rare albeit unfinished DMDs tend to live.

I do want to add that of all the things to cheap out on the lockdown bar is probably the worst. It is one of the few places a player puts there hand during a game and the tactile sensation is just asking for poor feedback.

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The other problem is you really have to get away from the newness of a title to tell how it will fare.

I've got and had plenty of super rare older titles (no more than 100 in existence?) that are great players that might be tough to even get $1000 or even $500 for even by names like Williams and such.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got and had plenty of super rare older titles (no more than 100 in existence?) that are great players that might be tough to even get $1000 or even $500 for even by names like Williams and such.

Hyperball. Pretty darned rare. Worth like $500.

#239 5 years ago

I remember playing Hyperball at Mather Air Force Officers Club (Sacramento) back in 1982! Lots of good looking young local women looking to land a pilot husband in that place!

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I remember playing Hyperball at Mather Air Force Officers Club (Sacramento) back in 1982! Lots of good looking young local women looking to land a pilot husband in that place!

Small world! I met my wife there.

Edit: Joking! I met my wife at Space Camp.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Anymore if it is a dmd around here they go for 2k, regardless of what the title is. That said, pistol poker would only pull 2k (have a well known collector who has tried to buy mine for that). 200 made, rare as all get out but lack of code really holds it back. Punchy is the same story, but its more a redemption game than a pin.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I do want to add that of all the things to cheap out on the lockdown bar is probably the worst. It is one of the few places a player puts there hand during a game and the tactile sensation is just asking for poor feedback.

I remember hearing that there were a lot of problems with actually getting that part manufactured. Several suppliers turned it down, one said they could do it and just frittered away the payment resulting in nothing being produced. I'm not sure what the story was behind how they finally got made, but I'm guessing compromises needed to be made in order to just get something produced.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Rarity is a weird bird. Rarity can increase the value well beyond what a game is worth relative to others. BBB is an example of this. It is capcom's 2nd best game, yet is worth 3-4x what a Pinball Magic is worth. The reason is the story behind it got it a lot of publicity.
A game with less out there is Mystery Castle. It is an amazeball game, but so few have played it. Many have not heard of it. It commands 1/4 of BBB.
The other problem is you really have to get away from the newness of a title to tell how it will fare. What is a terrible turd today might be seen as a great player's game down the road. Avatar and IM are great examples of this. Took a good long while for them to stop being hated on.
Others need code updates before they get loved, TWD. Thunderbirds might just get such code updates, but I wouldn't count on that.
As a buyer of turds, I mean rare games, 3500 seems like a good price today given what it costs new. Its a big gamble though and depending on how homepin handles the code it might go up in value over time. It is just as likely that homepin folds, the game remains as it is, and it falls to about 2k where other rare albeit unfinished DMDs tend to live.

All very true, except Avatar. It has been a floating turd since day one. Still floats and smells the same today. I wouldn’t make space for it for 1k.

#244 5 years ago

Up The Irons !

DCCBF264-7548-4F23-9708-D58581993707 (resized).jpegDCCBF264-7548-4F23-9708-D58581993707 (resized).jpeg
#245 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well Thunderbirds is better than Magic Girl!!!

Might Be!!

But people are still Paying over $20k for one

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That is a great idea Ben.

Some of the junk being supplied to Stern from China needs to be corrected or abolished.

Kudos to Mike for doing his best to make quality components.

Mike does have the knowledge to make the best components without shortcuts.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

So that would be ...jjp with their pc ...cgc with their beagle board computer , Heighway , multimorphic with the p3
Guess just you and stern are ones not using a “pc”

The latest sterns are a linux based cpu i'm pretty sure so they are technically just pc's as well

#248 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

The latest sterns are a linux based cpu i'm pretty sure so they are technically just pc's as well

Guess that makes all pinball manufacturers amateurs. And the one clear hobbyist the pro !

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

All very true, except Avatar. It has been a floating turd since day one. Still floats and smells the same today. I wouldn’t make space for it for 1k.

I'd buy it for $1k !

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I'd buy it for $1k !

I'll double that!

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbirds-1/page/5?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.