image-4 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181105_192232232 (resized).jpg
TAWP (resized).jpg
imtbirds.png
B6C7911F-2F9B-44EC-BDD8-1570BB65A5D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181213-134632_Chrome (resized).jpg
B4482F66-F3C2-406C-931A-8BF1E87629BE (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

This is kinda sad. I have never played this machine. Loved the show as a kid.
Is it really that bad?

I found it to be the worst game I have ever played in my entire life and I have played a lot of games. I wish I was joking but I am not. I’m flabbergasted by those who say it is fun. Not sure what is worse, the layout or the code. I really am curious who the designer is. He should be ashamed of himself.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

the game is a game.. they're all personal preference.
however the bandwagon of people determined to hate anything mike ever does is huge and thats whats amplifying the noise

From what I've seen, Mike's biggest problem is mike. He needs to hire a PR person and stay offline. He's terribly thin-skinned.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I found it to be the worst game I have ever played in my entire life and I have played a lot of games. I wish I was joking but I am not. I’m flabbergasted by those who say it is fun. Not sure what is worse, the layout or the code. I really am curious who the designer is. He should be ashamed of himself.

Worse than Waterworld? Worse than Austin Powers? Worse than Shaq Attack? Worse than Street Fighter II? Worse than TMNT? Worse than Back to the Future?

If that's the case, now I MUST play this.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worse than Waterworld? Worse than Austin Powers? Worse than Shaq Attack? Worse than Street Fighter II? Worst than TMNT? Worse than Back to the Future?

Yes to all of the above.

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Worse than Waterworld? Worse than Austin Powers? Worse than Shaq Attack? Worse than Street Fighter II? Worst than TMNT? Worse than Back to the Future?

Yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes.

To be fair to SF2, I've never played one that wasn't completely beat to shit.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

From what I've seen, Mike's biggest problem is mike. He needs to hire a PR person and stay offline. He's terribly thin-skinned.

yep but maybe so but making a post about your personal opinion of mike in reply to my suggestion a lot the noise was based on personal opinions of mike kind of supports my point .. thanks

#157 5 years ago

I would be impressed if it was worse than the alpha (?) ACNC I played in April... That was the worst game I've ever played not called Barb Wire.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

yep but maybe so but making a post about your personal opinion of mike in reply to my suggestion a lot the noise was based on personal opinions of mike kind of supports my point .. thanks

When you put yourself out as a public figure, people will have opinions. Like I said, if you can't handle that, time to get someone who can do the PR for you.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I would be impressed if it was worse than the alpha (?) ACNC I played in April... That was the worst game I've ever played not called Barb Wire.

Would you be surprised to learn it's actually a reskin of the unproduced Barb Wire 2?

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Yes, yes, yes, no, yes.
To be fair to SF2, I've never played one that wasn't completely beat to shit.

Your reply is confusing because it's missing one yes/no, so I'm not sure which crappy game you missed.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Would you be surprised to learn it's actually a reskin of the unproduced Barb Wire 2?

MIND BLOWN!!!

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your reply is confusing because it's missing one yes/no, so I'm not sure which crappy game you missed.

Sorry, fixed it. It's worse than all of them except SF2.

#164 5 years ago

But it is better than humpty dumpty

#165 5 years ago

Never played this title and I always try to formulate my own opinion on games. However, this game must be the worlds biggest piece of shit cause only like 5 people have anything decent to say about it. No idea who Mike is but I would strongly suggest that Mike hires a firm to test his products. They can relay feedback before realeasing something that nobody has anything good to say about. Credit goes out to him for at least coming up with a game and seeing it come to fruition. However, if the end result is a smelly turd nobody wants then what was the point? Just my 2 cents.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Never played this title and I always try to formulate my own opinion on games. However, this game must be the worlds biggest piece of shit cause only like 5 people have anything decent to say about it. No idea who Mike is but I would strongly suggest that Mike hires a firm to test his products. They can relay feedback before realeasing something that nobody has anything good to say about. Credit goes out to him for at least coming up with a game and seeing it come to fruition. However, if the end result is a smelly turd nobody wants then what was the point? Just my 2 cents.

Those may be the only 5 that actually played the game. I played it at York and liked it, enough that I almost took the demo home. In the end I didn’t as I was worried about resale.

#167 5 years ago

Wow, great for sale topic
PINSIDE AT HIS BEST!

@home pin stop feading the assholes with comment, put your time in your company and games thats far more important!
Get a coder and make it a blast to play.
Haters gonna hate.

@ op good luck with your sale, great marketing right here

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You are so wrong it isn't funny. Yes, we took some inspiration from Bens work AND he said that was OK!
If Ben isn't concerned why would you be? Just a troll nothing more!

I will never buy a Homepin game because of the overall attitude and vibe of the company. You should never attack a potential customer.

It's cometely unprofessional and why so many are bashing this POS game.

I want to buy from people who care about their customers and are proud of their products. That's why Spooky pinball is my favorite pinball company. They just get it and being customer focused seems to be a very good business strategy.

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You should never attack a potential customer.

but a customer attacking a vendor is ok yeah? cos you're all awesome and stuff?

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I will never buy a Homepin game because of the overall attitude and vibe of the company. You should never attack a potential customer.
I want to buy from people who care about their customers and are proud of their products. That's why Spooky pinball is my favorite pinball company. They just get it and being customer focused seems to be a very good business strategy.

Please. Spooky has their own issues... And you can say the same for Stern and others.

Calling this game a POS? Seriously? Try to get a little more class about you.

#171 5 years ago
B6C7911F-2F9B-44EC-BDD8-1570BB65A5D5 (resized).pngB6C7911F-2F9B-44EC-BDD8-1570BB65A5D5 (resized).png
#173 5 years ago

If Mike were warm and friendly, people would be a lot gentler on his first game.

Usually I find that in a lot of cases, the internet can be a mirror. If you put hate toward it, you get it back. If you put love toward it, you get that back too.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If Mike were warm and friendly, people would be a lot gentler on his first game.

Usually I find that in a lot of cases, the internet can be a mirror. If you put hate toward it, you get it back. If you put love toward it, you get that back too.

Not all the time....

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not all the time....

Yeah, definitely not 100% of the time. If you want to get death threats and be told how many dicks you suck, go check out 4chan, lol.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I’d just like to be clear - anything I say about the game has absolutely nothing to do with Mike and his generally shit attitude. There are lots of questionable people in pinball past and present, lots of “gruff” ones too. I never let that influence my opinion of games.

That said, I am completely gobsmacked at the people who like Thunderbirds. I am completely incapable of understanding how that is possible because everything about how it feels and plays is anti-fun. There are no good shots, no flow at all, two separate SDTM drops (from the left “orbit” and center ramp), and the main effect of the island separating and essentially dribbling out a ball is so anti-climatic to border on offensive.

Then there’s the code - the wood-chopping tedium of spelling “INTERNATIONAL RESCUE”, the non-sensical ball lock, how basically nothing happens but you bat a ball around for a bit until you want to cut your own throat just to bring you sweet release. There’s also a bunch of weird graphic decisions, like the counter that runs down to zero then jumps back up to 10?

Then there’s the build quality - a plastic lock down bar that if you blow too hard will rip off, the belly button flipper buttons, the weird attention paid to engineering (the Rube Goldberg contraption to move the trees a few millimeters) versus the paper thin ramp to nowhere.

Absolutely every detail about playing this game is horrible. Maybe the stuff inside is good, but we know the the electronics are a rip-off of a design by an amateur hobbyist (sorry Ben, but it’s true) so I wonder about the rest of it as well.

So when I hear “it’s fun!” I just wonder what alternative universe I’m living in and if maybe I could play the game these guys are playing.

You’ll note none of what I said above has anything to do with Mike as a person. That said, I do feel a little more freee to be honest publicly given his attitude, so maybe there IS some credibility to the idea he’s his own worst enemy.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’d just like to be clear - anything I say about the game has absolutely nothing to do with Mike and his generally shit attitude. There are lots of questionable people in pinball past and present, lots of “gruff” ones too. I never let that influence my opinion of games.
That said, I am completely gobsmacked at the people who like Thunderbirds. I am completely incapable of understanding how that is possible because everything about how it feels and plays is anti-fun. There are no good shots, no flow at all, two separate SDTM drops (from the left “orbit” and center ramp), and the main effect of the island separating and essentially dribbling out a ball is so anti-climatic to border on offensive.
Then there’s the code - the wood-chopping tedium of spelling “INTERNATIONAL RESCUE”, the non-sensical ball lock, how basically nothing happens but you bat a ball around for a bit until you want to cut your own throat just to bring you sweet release. There’s also a bunch of weird graphic decisions, like the counter that runs down to zero then jumps back up to 10?
Then there’s the build quality - a plastic lock down bar that if you blow too hard will rip off, the belly button flipper buttons, the weird attention paid to engineering (the Rube Goldberg contraption to move the trees a few millimeters) versus the paper thin ramp to nowhere.
Absolutely every detail about playing this game is horrible. Maybe the stuff inside is good, but we know the the electronics are a rip-off of a design by an amateur hobbyist (sorry Ben, but it’s true) so I wonder about the rest of it as well.
So when I hear “it’s fun!” I just wonder what alternative universe I’m living in and if maybe I could play the game these guys are playing.
You’ll note none of what I said above has anything to do with Mike as a person. That said, I do feel a little more freee to be honest publicly given his attitude, so maybe there IS some credibility to the idea he’s his own worst enemy.

Any pinball is good pinball...

#178 5 years ago

It does seem a bit excessive how much shit Homepin is getting, I don't really blame the guy for taking things personally. He's certainly put a lot of time, money and hardwork to get the machine to this point even if it didn't turn out exactly the way he wanted. Should he of handled himself better, of course, but the guys is probably just on tilt at this point from the nonstop thrashing he's taken. Whether or not the game came out great or fell short shouldn't take away from what they accomplished, it was their first attempt at it right? Take the lessons learned and do better next time, I don't understand the apparent need to burn him at the stake.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Those may be the only 5 that actually played the game.

That ain't it, chief.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’d just like to be clear .

so you're personally annoyed by ALL these things? all at once? might be time for some fresh air if you're that disturbed by a pinball.
honestly from here it looks more like you kept a list of absolutely every little point anyone ever mentioned so you could rattle them all off on cue.

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

honestly from here it looks more like you kept a list of absolutely every little point anyone ever mentioned so you could rattle them all off on cue.

Honestly, when I read his post, I thought he actually played the game and made these comments.

Perhaps you're right, but in any case, he provided more than the usual "it sucks" uselessness.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

might be time for some fresh air if you're that disturbed by a pinball..

I think you need some fresh air from home pin's trousers.

#183 5 years ago

I played it twice at Expo and I walked away not ever really wanting to play it again. The first thing I noticed was the flipper buttons just felt wrong. How can you get flipper buttons wrong??? Seriously. Did they really need redesigning?

Anyways, my overall impressions were the shots felt clunky, repetitive and uninspiring. Just didn't really feel like I wanted to play it again. I still don't.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

But it is better than humpty dumpty

Hey, No trolling on Humpty... some of us cut our first pinball teeth on a Dumpty... I have very fragile and fond memories of my first Humpty Dumpty...

#185 5 years ago

Jeez...that way some of you people sound! A bunch of miserable fucks! Go out and have some fun!

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Any pinball is good pinball...

Exactly

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Jeez...that way some of you people sound! A bunch of miserable fucks! Go out and have some fun!

Thunderbird s doesn't seem to be that fun, maybe you didn't read the thread?

#188 5 years ago

Let me rebut the "Any pinball is good pinball" myth...

This is the exact statement I got from my father after he gave me one of those tabletop marble shooters, you know the one with a plastic everything, no sound but a bell the ball could hit and make go "ding", with mechanical manual scoring and manual flippers? I asked for a pinball machine for Christmas. I got a piece of crap and this statement.

Any other takers?

I played Tbirds at expo... I walked away, didn't send mom a letter on it though...

When are Homepin going to ruin Johnny Quest?

#189 5 years ago

This may be a record for the longest "for sale" thread where the game isn't overpriced. (Or is it? )

#190 5 years ago

Imamaculate BUMP!

imtbirds.pngimtbirds.png
#191 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think you need some fresh air from home pin's trousers.

are our conversation skills so poor we have to attack people with smut? ive never even met home pin

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I am completely gobsmacked at the people who like Thunderbirds. I am completely incapable of understanding how that is possible because everything about how it feels and plays is anti-fun. There are no good shots, no flow at all, two separate SDTM drops (from the left “orbit” and center ramp), and the main effect of the island separating and essentially dribbling out a ball is so anti-climatic to border on offensive.

Pretty much nailed it.

I think this game could be saved by some really good code. I bought it without playing because I have a fairly large collection and every game doesn't have to be fantastic. However I certainly did not expect this dumpster fire.

I think Homepin should consider building an open source framework where people can create their own rules and sound for their pins. Then they could sell generic hardware that could be themed to anyone's liking. With the plastic overlay of the playfield it would be very easy to generate art and build your own custom pin.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Very well said. Every time I hear someone say they like TBAG I think either they”re lying to support the company or else they suck so bad at playing pinball that they wouldn’t know the difference between a good game and bad one if it came up and bit them on the ass.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

or else they suck so bad at playing pinball that they wouldn’t know the difference between a good game and bad one if it came up and bit them on the ass.

hey thats me!

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I think Homepin should consider building an open source framework where people can create their own rules and sound for their pins. Then they could sell generic hardware that could be themed to anyone's liking. With the plastic overlay of the playfield it would be very easy to generate art and build your own custom pin.

And suddenly Deeproot's secret to putting out many games quickly is revealed!

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Quoted from delt31:

Please. Spooky has their own issues...

delt31 is right.

#197 5 years ago

dam, $5k pin with almost no plays now $3500? Seller must REALLY not like it.

#198 5 years ago

I'd be wary of any pin that has an acronym "TBAG"

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And suddenly Deeproot's secret to putting out many games quickly is revealed!

Not THAT quickly if they canned their 2019 TPF coming out party...

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

dam, $5k pin with almost no plays now $3500? Seller must REALLY not like it.

Evidently potential buyers don't like it either...

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbirds-1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.