image-4 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181105_192232232 (resized).jpg
TAWP (resized).jpg
imtbirds.png
B6C7911F-2F9B-44EC-BDD8-1570BB65A5D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181213-134632_Chrome (resized).jpg
B4482F66-F3C2-406C-931A-8BF1E87629BE (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When they fix the code, how do we update it? Haha

Yeah no shit if only Homepin would have not STOLEN benheck code and tried to lie about it then this game could have better code and be updated like any other modern pin. What a fucking joke.

GLWS to the OP I’m sure someone like you will take another chance on the theme.

#52 5 years ago

I have never played this game. I really like the cabinet art, translite and speaker grill. I also enjoy that they used a vari target!

But most of all OP your honesty is refreshing!!!!

Best of luck with your sale!

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yeah no shit if only homepin would have not STOLEN benheck code and tried to lie about it then this game could have better code and be updated like any other modern pin. What a fucking joke.
GLWS to the OP I’m sure someone like you will take another chance on the theme.

You are so wrong it isn't funny. Yes, we took some inspiration from Bens work AND he said that was OK!

If Ben isn't concerned why would you be? Just a troll nothing more!

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

You are so wrong it isn't funny. Yes, we took some inspiration from Bens work AND he said that was OK!

more than inspired,you are the copy cat artist

all the best to the OP in selling, maybe contact an arcade to purchase and site within the nearest 100 miles would be interested

cheap game, basic rules

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The build quality leaves most others in the shade. You can tell that even from the picture in the listing. Name one other new machine that has a playfield prop like this as standard.
The new metal centre ramp, which seems IS NOT fitted to this machine - just supplied, makes so much difference to how it plays it amazes everyone.
I suggest the OP fits the metal ramp and have a few games - you will be surprised.

Anyone who tells you they played this game and it amazed them is being polite and does not want to hurt your feelings.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Anyone who tells you they played this game and it amazed them is being polite and doesn’t want to hurt your feelings.

Not at all - it's probably that you have different expectations from some people. It would be a sad world if we ALL liked the same things. If we all liked the same things there would only be ONE car manufacturer, ONE ice cream manufacturer, ONE biscuit factory, see where I'm going here?

There isn't a single person that wants to be polite and not hurt my feelings that's for certain.

#57 5 years ago

Not what the seller is looking for but I would be a buyer at 3200.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Not at all - it's probably that you have different expectations from some people.

If by different expectations you mean having fun while playing pinball, you would be correct.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

“Inspiration” omg Mike you are so delusional, you copied it 100% and get to pass on all the problems of that to your customers. if you were in the USA and not China with such weak to non existent IP protections I’m sure Ben would have gone a different route.

You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and STILL deny it, just amazing. It’s been proven over and over. If you have forgotten just search yourself on Pinside.

Hey Joe PinballSTAR how do you stand behind this game as a distro?

#60 5 years ago

I don’t understand the vitriol and hate that people have for this game. I would be willing to bet that 90%+ if us have never seen the game or played it in person. If you don’t like a game, just don’t buy it. Why is this such a difficult concept?

Not one person here spewing hate for the game has ever designed, built, marketed, and shipped a game themselves.

I have no opinion on the game, since I have not played it either. I just wish people here on pinside would be a little more civil. It is possible to make constructive criticism, such as “It would be nice if you improved the lockdown bar on your next game” instead of “wtf is up with your piece of crap lockdown bar???”

I just feel that we have an opportunity with a site, with such passionate fans of the hobby, to improve the hobby as a whole, but half of the topics are ripping some game or some company instead.

Good luck with your sale OP and thank you for your honest opinion on the game.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I don’t understand the vitriol and hate that people have for this game. I would be willing to bet that 90%+ if us have never seen the game or played it in person. If you don’t like a game, just don’t buy it. Why is this such a difficult concept?
Not one person here spewing hate for the game has ever designed, built, marketed, and shipped a game themselves.
I have no opinion on the game, since I have not played it either. I just wish people here on pinside would be a little more civil. It is possible to make constructive criticism, such as “It would be nice if you improved the lockdown bar on your next game” instead of “wtf is up with your piece of crap lockdown bar???”
I just feel that we have an opportunity with a site, with such passionate fans of the hobby, to improve the hobby as a whole, but half of the topics are ripping some game or some company instead.

If you don’t understand then guess you have some Pinside searching and reading to do my friend.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

If you don’t understand then guess you have some Pinside searching and reading to do my friend.

I understand that there have been some people turned off by some of the comments made by the CEO of Homepin.

I still feel that we are, in general, way too critical on this site. Unless you have personally been affected (lost money, got a lemon machine, been cheated in some way), I still don’t understand the flack that most of the manufacturers take here.

I come here to enjoy and learn from those that have a greater knowledge of the hobby, so I’m just hoping we can do better.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

“Inspiration” omg Mike you are so delusional, you copied it 100% and get to pass on all the problems of that to your customers. if you were in the USA and not China with such weak to non existent IP protections I’m sure Ben would have gone a different route.
You got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and STILL deny it, just amazing. It’s been proven over and over. If you have forgotten just search yourself on Pinside.
Hey Joe pinballstar how do you stand behind this game as a distro?

Mate, you need to step back and stop being outraged on behalf of others.

Ben put ALL his code up and made it public freeware. He then went public to say anyone was free to use it. Our electronics is almost nothing like Bens. It's all our own.

Even if we did use it 100% (which we did not) please read the invitation below. We still gave Ben a 'thanks' in our service manual.

ben heck reverse engineer it1 (resized).jpgben heck reverse engineer it1 (resized).jpgbheck (resized).jpgbheck (resized).jpg
#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I must be the 10% you speak of that played the game and honestly hated it. Granted it didn't have the "upgrade ramp" discussed but in my opinion (I played it remember) no ramp would make this game fun for me personally. While I have never built a game true let's be honest, this is still a $5,000 purchase so we are not talking a minor purchase so yes I can see why people might be a bit serious and judgmental about a purchase that large.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I just feel that we have an opportunity with a site, with such passionate fans of the hobby, to improve the hobby as a whole

great. you can join the last guy who tried to discuss legitimate issues hoping he could make a difference.

hannibal01 (resized).jpghannibal01 (resized).jpg
#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I must be the 10% you speak of that played the game and honestly hated it. Granted it didn't have the "upgrade ramp" discussed but in my opinion (I played it remember) no ramp would make this game fun for me personally. While I have never built a game true let's be honest, this is still a $5,000 purchase so we are not talking a minor purchase so yes I can see why people might be a bit serious and judgmental about a purchase that large.

It’s OK to dislike a game and I appreciate that you have actually played it. The high price tag is why I, personally, will not buy a game without playing it first. I might never get in on an LE, but I’ll never get burned on a title that I don’t enjoy either.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Yes and he will find this if he looks - something you should also take note of. Ben says he is happy, you have no reason to wade in, guns blazing.
OK_Ben (resized).jpgOK_Ben (resized).jpg

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This dude is honest!

Definitely. If I was looking for a Thunderbirds I would feel pretty confident dealing with the seller. GLWS

#69 5 years ago

I sure hope this pin sells. For the OP, Homepin and our pinball commmnity as a whole. We need more selection and a varied manufacturing base.

#70 5 years ago

I played Thunderbirds at a show in the UK - saw Mike after a couple of beers and said that I thought the centre ramp shot felt poor - to his face I hasten to add, and his answer was, we are working on that. Guess what, they have.

I just don't get how someone who set out to make a pin, has made it, delivered on it all without taking pre-orders is getting so... so much stick. Surely the worse that could be said is "Hey, you know what, the theme isn't for me, I don't like how the game feels personally, I won't be buying one - but lets see what pin 2 holds and good luck - thanks for bringing competition into the market."

#71 5 years ago

I played it at the Daventry show too, and enjoyed it quite a bit. It's definitely an acquired taste since it shoots like nothing else on the market; it does have some flow, but in a very non-traditional way. I felt it refreshing put next to all the latest Sterns and JJPs to play a new game that was immediate to get into and had clear objectives, even if it wasn't very deep.

#72 5 years ago

I'm not sure why some of you are so worked up over this game. If you don't like Homepin or Mike take that up with them. The seller obviously didn't like the game as the number of plays and even he clearly stated it. Doesn't mean someone else won't like it though. With every stern release we a few games pop up just like this were someone bought it and is dumping it instantly. For 4K you get a good savings of NIB, you get what is going to be a rare title, and you get something unique and different (even if some think that makes it terrible). If it was local I'd go check it out just for those reasons alone. The seller is taking the biggest chunk on the resale hit from NIB so worst case is you play something different for a while and lose $500-$1000 which is pretty common. It may hold it's value pretty well though if not many are made.

#73 5 years ago

Played at the York show and was a fun, easy to grasp game.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from Jerryuop:

I come here to enjoy and learn from those that have a greater knowledge of the hobby, so I’m just hoping we can do better.

Maybe “those that have greater knowledge of the hobby” are disappointed for a reason. Maybe that reason is years of pinball experience and disappointment in modern manufacturing processes.

Maybe after you “learn from those” people you will also be as critical of a $5000 product, as they are.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Maybe “those that have greater knowledge of the hobby” are disappointed for a reason. Maybe that reason is years of pinball experience and disappointment in modern manufacturing processes.
Maybe after you “learn from those” people you will also be as critical of a $5000 product, as they are.

Maybe "those that pretend to have greater knowledge of the hobby" are really just the loudest forum jerks and really don't know as much or add as much to the hobby as they think.

#76 5 years ago

Hey guys just a thought but can we all take this discussion of homepin to a seperate thread?

Bump for good measures!
This is in fact a sales thread and OP has been nothing but honest and cool about everything!

Let the man sell his pin!!!!!

GLWS

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Let the man sell his pin!!!!!

Given that there are a lot of people who don't really know anything about this pin, I think proper background and warning to an otherwise uninformed buyer is warranted.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Given that there are a lot of people who don't really know anything about this pin, I think proper background and warning to an otherwise uninformed buyer is warranted.

"warning" = YOUR opinion. Don't you think that's a bit rich?

#79 5 years ago

I think it is ironic that one of the most critical posters on Pinside in the past can't take some criticism of his own game. Thats the strange part.

#80 5 years ago

I don't see the point of turning a for sale thread into an attack on the game maker. Most of the niche pinball games made these days don't appeal to me but some people really like them. Some are even willing to pay a premium. At least this game is cheap compared to what new games typically go for. I'm sure someone will want to check it out, play with it for a while, and then move it on to the next guy.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

"warning" = YOUR opinion. Don't you think that's a bit rich?

Mike, for someone who said that this game is just for a few blokes to play at a pub while drunk, didn't care about the US market, and has deactivated his account several times saying that he was leaving Pinside to work on his game, you spend an awful lot of time on here arguing with people. It's one second hand game sale, shouldn't you be focused on selling more games and not arguing with people on Pinside? It's petty on both sides and isn't accomplishing anything at this point.

#82 5 years ago

Man this thread is better than cable TV! Reminds me of the good old days of R.G.P.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Man this thread is better than cable TV! Reminds me of the good old days of R.G.P.

I did make you an offer hope it wasn't insulting as I did not mean it that way.

#84 5 years ago

dangerwil , I admire you for taking a chance on this game. We really need to get more pins and manufacturers to market. This pin wasn’t for you, but you took a chance. Maybe someone else will too. I hope this pin and Homepin succeeds. Only then can they bring more games and ideas to market. Then we all win. I haven’t played the pin, but plan to tour Mike’s factory for a first-hand look in a couple months and I’ll form my own opinion. We all know how many wannabe pin making newbies have attempted to break into this market: many vanishing on the vine with prepaid money leaving customers with nothing. Homepin hasn’t done that. Give them a chance.

#85 5 years ago

I thought it was a fun shooting game but WAYYYYY to easy - like it was for children.

I think some simple factory adjustments making it more challenging would go a long way....

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I dunno. I think it's evident of a much worse "community" environment than RGP ever showed us...all these guys crapping on your for sale thread is pretty sad. From all the stuff I sold on RGP back in the day there was only 1 toad that ever tried to make trouble for me and that was because I banned his dumb ass from my auctions.

Richard

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Well then read the actual HomePin thread it’s non stop
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/homepin-official-thread-pinball-parts-machine-progress/page/65

#88 5 years ago

After playing Thunderbirds a few times, I ended up buying it (And Lexy Lightspeed) from Pinballstar. I love both games. Thunderbirds is not for everyone, and it is a little different then most games, but I love it (and actually everyone that has played it likes it). I wish there was a "medium" setting on difficulty, cause HARD is really hard. Easy is to easy though, so I have it set to hard. For a brand new company and game, I think what they have done is amazing. Its simple and fun, which for most of the people that play it is fine. And I haven't even put the new ramp in yet!

I will also say that Mike has quickly responded personally to any problems or issues I have had (I am n00b at pinball care/maintenance). Oh, and everyone LOVEs the sound! If I didnt already have one, I would snag this deal. Shoot, if it was closer I would buy it anyway.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Yes and he will find this if he looks - something you should also take note of. Ben says he is happy, you have no reason to wade in, guns blazing.
[quoted image]

To stop digging a hole, simply put down the shovel. People have followed the events surrounding this over a long period and have their minds made up.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

I dunno. I think it's evident of a much worse "community" environment than RGP ever showed us...all these guys crapping on your for sale thread is pretty sad. From all the stuff I sold on RGP back in the day there was only 1 toad that ever tried to make trouble for me and that was because I banned his dumb ass from my auctions.
Richard

RGP had some pretty epic blowout threads. I don't think Pinside has achieved that level of acidity.

#91 5 years ago

Wow, nothing like trashing someone's sale.
GLWS this is just there first game, looking forward
to see how they improve on the next one.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Wow, nothing like trashing someone's sale.
GLWS this is just there first game, looking forward
to see how they improve on the next one.

The thing is, if you don't want comments, just do a normal for sale advert. This is a for sale thread.

And every comment bumps it to the top!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The thing is, if you don't want comments, just do a normal for sale advert. This is a for sale thread.
And every comment bumps it to the top!

That's the way I look at it. Visibility, and there are people that like the machine. The price is certainly right. If it was on the west coast I would have bought it just to finally be able to play it!

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

RGP had some pretty epic blowout threads. I don't think Pinside has achieved that level of acidity.

Unfortunately with moderation I doubt we’ll ever be able to reach those great heights!

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s a home pin.
Think...Alive! Or Star Explorer.

You are too kind.

Frankly, reading all these reviews of people who played it and really liked it makes me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I really hope Homepin knocks it out of the park on their next game.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unfortunately with moderation I doubt we’ll ever be able to reach those great heights!

It's certainly altered your behavior.

I remember you on RGP bitching how you'd never join pinside and be moderated until there was nobody left to listen to you.

#97 5 years ago

Dangerwil,

I have an idea for you. Do a pay per view event on Twitch. Charge people $10 or $20 bucks and have a demolition party for the game

1) Take it up to the roof of a 3 story building, light it on fire, and drop it off Todd Tuckey style OR

2) Have the neighborhood kids take turns with a baseball bat pinata style. Then find a pick up truck with a grill guard and smash it into a million pieces!

I would drop $20 easily for either of the above

Glws!

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's certainly altered your behavior.
I remember you on RGP bitching how you'd never join pinside and be moderated until there was nobody left to listen to you.

Ice-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpgIce-Cold-FreezeOtto (resized).jpg
#99 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dangerwil,
I have an idea for you. Do a pay per view event on Twitch. Charge people $10 or $20 bucks and have a demolition party for the game
1) Take it up to the roof of a 3 story building, light it on fire, and drop it off Todd Tuckey style OR
2) Have the neighborhood kids take turns with a baseball bat pinata style. Then find a pick up truck with a grill guard and smash it into a million pieces!
Glws!

Ha ha! I’d pay to watch!

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dangerwil,
Glws!

I'll go $250, who else is in?

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbirds-1/page/2?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.