image-4 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181105_192232232 (resized).jpg
TAWP (resized).jpg
imtbirds.png
B6C7911F-2F9B-44EC-BDD8-1570BB65A5D5 (resized).png
Screenshot_20181213-134632_Chrome (resized).jpg
B4482F66-F3C2-406C-931A-8BF1E87629BE (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Thunderbirds

Added: 2018-12-04 16:00:17 UTC • Ended: January 1st, 2019
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 3,250

Item description

Maybe 10 plays. Number 24. New metal center ramp included. Located in Jacksonville, FL.

Item photos

fe66f337b7f530d9abac192b158228e67da23594 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are dangerwil's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to dangerwil's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,000

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Jacksonville, FL, US

#2 5 years ago

Wow, 10 plays. I doubt many of these are going to end up getting made so it's going to be a pretty rare game for the price. GLWYS

#3 5 years ago

950.00 by Christmas

#4 5 years ago

I’m out of the loop. Why is this game so disliked? Seems like a steal for a brand new pin.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

I’m out of the loop. Why is this game so disliked? Seems like a steal for a brand new pin.

It’s a home pin.

Think...Alive! Or Star Explorer.

#6 5 years ago

A Homepin home pin

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

Because its not as fun as most 1k games. The build quality leaves room for improvement as well...

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from New_England:

You only need to play one and it becomes obvious! Or play it 10 times and it becomes clear as day!

#9 5 years ago

The build quality leaves most others in the shade. You can tell that even from the picture in the listing. Name one other new machine that has a playfield prop like this as standard.

The new metal centre ramp, which seems IS NOT fitted to this machine - just supplied, makes so much difference to how it plays it amazes everyone.

I suggest the OP fits the metal ramp and have a few games - you will be surprised.

#10 5 years ago

OK sorry but when the Highlights of a New pin are a playfield prop and a missing ramp you really need to consider reaching higher in design.... To the original poster my Sincere apology for crapping in your thread with BS. At the list price and minimal use the game is priced as it should have been and hope you find a buyer for a fair listing. GLWS bump.

#11 5 years ago

I played the game (not this specific one for sale) quite a bit at the York show. I liked it a lot, thought it shot well. Flippers felt fine. Thought I might want to own one, but couldn’t really swing it. Look forward to playing one again.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The build quality leaves most others in the shade. You can tell that even from the picture in the listing. Name one other new machine that has a playfield prop like this as standard.
The new metal centre ramp, which seems IS NOT fitted to this machine - just supplied, makes so much difference to how it plays it amazes everyone.
I suggest the OP fits the metal ramp and have a few games - you will be surprised.

That playfield prop is shiny as f@&k!!!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Those Plastic Lockdown Bars, printed plastic Playfields and Flipper Buttons really leave all the other manufacturers in the shade?

Congrats real state of the art

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:The build quality leaves most others in the shade. You can tell that even from the picture in the listing. Name one other new machine that has a playfield prop like this as standard.

uhh-ok-5b2f62 (resized).jpguhh-ok-5b2f62 (resized).jpg
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I played the game (not this specific one for sale) quite a bit at the York show. I liked it a lot, thought it shot well. Flippers felt fine. Thought I might want to own one, but couldn’t really swing it. Look forward to playing one again.

I played the one at York as well and enjoyed playing it.
Haters gonna HATE!
OP GLWS.

#16 5 years ago

How about we ALL (including myself) stop spamming this guys for sale listing. If you want to hang shit on me or my product feel free but start your own thread to do it in please.

I'll leave you all with an email from a BUYER of TAG:

" Hi Mike,
thanks for your quick reply. I will check out the settings in the morning.

Stainless steel ramp has kicked it out of the park! I just don't get why these keyboard "Nazi's" are crucifying this game?

If people had a real good look at the quality of the game they would be stunned I can tell you. I had an Iron Maiden for a weekend and the build quality was "Cheap" to be nice about it.

I will send you pictures when I do the mods to the playfield and armour having Thunderbirds Laser cut into Stainless steel side rails which will light up like on Total Nuclear Annihilation does.

Regards

(buyer name)"

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s a home pin.
Think...Alive! Or Star Explorer.

That is crazy over embellished.
I followed along as @Homepin documented the build process and technology used to build machine and it is far from the toys you mentioned. We should wait and see from owners how the machine holds up over time. Say come back and have this conversation with a machine that has at least 2500 plays on it.
-Mike

#18 5 years ago

I played at Expo quite a bit. Thought it was a lot of fun. Just my 3 cents.

#19 5 years ago

I-N-T-E-R-N-A-T-I-O-N-A-L-R-E-S-C-U-E.

GLWTS

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

That is crazy over embellished.
I followed along as @Homepin documented the build process and technology used to build machine and it is far from the toys you mentioned. We should wait and see from owners how the machine holds up over time. Say come back and have this conversation with a machine that has at least 2500 plays on it.
-Mike

I see working Star Explorers on Craigslist all the time and that game is 40-years old. A Home Pin can be built well! Glad to hear this one is too.

#21 5 years ago

I also played it at an expo with low expectations... I thought it was great, I mean i kept that to myself until now... but I had fun playing it.

#22 5 years ago

The build quality on this pin is so weird. There are things that are built way better than any other manufacturer and other things that make you go WTF!

For example a great sounding quality speaker system. Then a plastic lockbar a child could tear off. A sweet looking logo on the coin door, then only 1 coin mech, an empty slot and the wires for the other mech just cut off at the working mech?

The code is primitive at best, buggy, lock a ball and you can play forever.

Some people seem to like it, I prefer pinballs with rules and modes.

I love Thunderbirds and all Gerry Anderson programs, this game looked great on the internet and following the build for the last few years.

I just don't care for it, so I'm willing to take a $1300 hit to move it on.

I actually expected the criticism, the game needs lots of work to be good. The manufacturer doesn't seem to get it. Engineer all you want. Themes sell. Games are judged by rules and playability, not playfield props and metal ramps.

#23 5 years ago

This dude is honest!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

the game needs lots of work to be good. The manufacturer doesn't seem to get it. Engineer all you want. Themes sell. Games are judged by rules and playability, not playfield props and metal ramps.

damn.gifdamn.gif

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

The build quality on this pin is so weird. There are things that are built way better than any other manufacturer and other things that make you go WTF!
For example a great sounding quality speaker system. Then a plastic lockbar a child could tear off. A sweet looking logo on the coin door, then only 1 coin mech, an empty slot and the wires for the other mech just cut off at the working mech?
I love Thunderbirds and all Gerry Anderson programs, this game looked great on the internet and following the build for the last few years.
I actually expected the criticism, the game needs lots of work to be good. The manufacturer doesn't seem to get it. Engineer all you want. Themes sell. Games are judged by rules and playability, not playfield props and metal ramps.

Bam! And there you go, although this may not help your sale

#27 5 years ago

At least he is honest. Id be ok with some of the build issues if the game code actually was complete and done and kind of worked... Playing forever with ball lock does not sound like a game I would enjoy

#28 5 years ago

Played one game of it at ReplayFX last year. Didn't enjoy it at all. Even the flipper buttons feel wrong. How do you get something so basic wrong?

Pity you're probably going to have to take a bigger hit than you think to move this along, Dangerwil.

#29 5 years ago

Hey!...everybody has different tastes in pinball. Every machine is not for everyone. I, personally don't care for Tron or MM. Love Scared Stiff. There's an ass for every seat.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from freddy:

I played the one at York as well and enjoyed playing it.
Haters gonna HATE!
OP GLWS.

We played also at york and didn't think it was to bad and wanted to play more.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

At least he is honest. Id be ok with some of the build issues if the game code actually was complete and done and kind of worked... Playing forever with ball lock does not sound like a game I would enjoy

When they fix the code, how do we update it? Haha

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

There is only a need for 'regular' software updates when products are released BEFORE they should be. We have been testing, and adjusting, the software (and dozens of other things) for a very long time and we are now happy with the overall performance. The software, and the machine in general, is performing exactly to our original intentions. How often does your new TV set, air conditioner or WMS pinball machine require a software update?
However, should it be necessary to update for some currently unknown reason, it is a simple plug in board about 50mm x 50mm - 30 seconds work and hardly a big deal. No downloads and no chance of bricking your machine.
We believe that we have achieved our aim of building a fun game that is easy to understand and play whilst NOT being 10 deep with the ruleset. Thunderbirds Pinball is a machine that "two half pissed guys in a pub" can bang the ball around and have a bit of fun. NOT something that requires Einstein to dissect each and every ball movement and calculate the exact trajectory for each shot. That was never our intention.

basically your SOL as game was built for drunks to just bash a ball around. In terms of code a Zizzle POTC would be a step up in complexity.

https://www.amazon.com/Zizzle-Pirates-Caribbean-III-Pinball/dp/B000OQOMIG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

Yikes, $130 a play.

#34 5 years ago

I've played quite a bit of Thunderbirds and even got 2nd place in our local launch party. While it's not great, and not exactly my cup of tea, it is a perfectly passable pinball machine and not a toy. The $4,025 the OP is asking is actually a very fair asking price, but there are obviously quite a few better machines in that price range on the second hand market that he will be competing with.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I've played quite a bit of Thunderbirds and even got 2nd place in our local launch party. While it's not great, and not exactly my cup of tea, it is a perfectly passable pinball machine and not a toy. The $4,025 the OP is asking is actually a very fair asking price, but there are obviously quite a few better machines in that price range on the second hand market that he will be competing with.

What game in that price range would you take Thunderbirds over?

#36 5 years ago

edit : read the question wrong

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

any working game, but for example X-Men pro is listed as an average price $4000 game on pinside.

And you would take a Thunderbirds over an X-Men pro?

No, you wouldn't.

We are talking, you HAVE to spend $4,000 on one of those games. By court order.

#38 5 years ago

I honestly wish this sale was closer to me. I would probably buy it. good luck!!

-Tom

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And you would take a Thunderbirds over an X-Men pro?
No, you wouldn't.
We are talking, you HAVE to spend $4,000 on one of those games. By court order.

i read the question wrong, thought it was posed the opposite. i edited it instantly but you got me lol

#40 5 years ago

Played it at the Seattle show. Some nice shots, but the sound was cranked way down so couldn’t hear much. Always love to see new pins coming out. GLWTS!

#41 5 years ago

Good luck with the sale.

#42 5 years ago

I gotta admit, of all the kids themes from the 60s used in pinball now, this was certainly my favorite.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from tjc02002:

I honestly wish this sale was closer to me. I would probably buy it. good luck!!
-Tom

I would as the seller to offer free shipping. Doesn’t seem like an unreasonable offer based on his feedback if the game.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

#45 5 years ago

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What game in that price range would you take Thunderbirds over?

I was trying to be nice and not crap all over the OP's thread. I can't think of one off the top of my head

#47 5 years ago

One problem selling this at this point in time might be that a lot of people have never played it (I haven’t).
I think this pin looks cool as hell, but I have yet to play it and wouldn’t buy it based on looks.
Seems like there is just as much love as there is hate amoung the people that have played it.
That said, there’s people that really seem to like it so there is a fan base.
Smoking deal on the price. If it were local I would at least go check it out and see if I like it because the price is right.

#48 5 years ago

If our friend Alec told us anything about selling it is:

always (resized).jpgalways (resized).jpg
#49 5 years ago
Quoted from mrpilkington:

If our friend Alec told us anything about selling it is:

In the spirit of Christmas, I believe you meant to say:

thumbnail (resized).jpgthumbnail (resized).jpg
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I would as the seller to offer free shipping. Doesn’t seem like an unreasonable offer based on his feedback if the game.

The OP is already taking a big hit. I don’t think he needs to offer free shipping and lose another $400. Someone in FL or GA will pick this up. Patience is key.

There are 335 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-thunderbirds-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.