• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WDwarranty (resized).png
WD_PRO_Ready for sale_2 (resized).png
WD_PRO_Ready for sale_1 (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: The Walking Dead (Pro)

Added: 2020-05-16 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (June 28th, 2020) • Ended: July 1st, 2020
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

Price

$ 5,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

The Walking Dead Pro

NEW IN BOX

$5000 firm

Game is strapped and factory palletized (from Stern); will ship after buyer has paid for and secured shipping.

thank you!

Item photos

WD_PRO_Ready for sale_1 (resized).png
WD_PRO_Ready for sale_2 (resized).png

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Darth-Grayder's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Darth-Grayder's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Los Angeles, CA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

#2 3 years ago

I.... you..... what?

#3 3 years ago

I wish the seller success. Of course I do!
Still, I can't help but ask, what kind of premium does NIB truly ad to a Stern SAM?
If low-plays HUO TWD PRO's are currently fetching $4.6K, can we add as much as $2K if the game is NIB? Obviously, the game is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. NIB in this case would have to mean an awful lot to the buyer. Oof. I keep waiting for sellers to notice that the market is depressed right now, not enlivened. Who is buying these premium-priced games? Yeah, more people are cooped up in their homes during the pandemic, but even more people have less disposable income to buy pinballs. And if you think I'm an opportunistic buyer, trying to nudge the market downward to score some bargains, I'm in fact a seller who's had a bargain-priced TWD Premium listed here for months. I don't want to lose my shirt any more than the next seller, but the Pandemic Market is real, and prices need to reflect that if you hope to actually sell something.

#6 3 years ago

I guess people think buying NIB is worth a premium....trust me when I say its totally over rated....

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I guess people think buying NIB is worth a premium....trust me when I say its totally over rated....

NIB has only 1 advantage over NOB...acquisition time. When a game is first released, NIB enables you to get the new toy without waiting months for someone to sell theirs.

Considering all the NIB "surprises", being able to acquire a HUO low plays game is much preferred.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I wish the seller success. Of course I do!
Still, I can't help but ask, what kind of premium does NIB truly ad to a Stern SAM?
If low-plays HUO TWD PRO's are currently fetching $4.6K, can we add as much as $2K if the game is NIB? Obviously, the game is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. NIB in this case would have to mean an awful lot to the buyer. Oof. I keep waiting for sellers to notice that the market is depressed right now, not enlivened. Who is buying these premium-priced games? Yeah, more people are cooped up in their homes during the pandemic, but even more people have less disposable income to buy pinballs. And if you think I'm an opportunistic buyer, trying to nudge the market downward to score some bargains, I'm in fact a seller who's had a bargain-priced TWD Premium listed here for months. I don't want to lose my shirt any more than the next seller, but the Pandemic Market is real, and prices need to reflect that if you hope to actually sell something.

I feel your frustration. I’ve seen your listing for quite some time. For what it’s worth, I can’t believe it hasn’t sold. Such a great pin at such a great price.

#9 3 years ago

I wonder if Stern would honor a warranty claim once this game is opened. Does Stern give a warranty to a second owner anyway? Lots of people prefer to not buy used, the NIB pull is strong with people new to the hobby.

#10 3 years ago

I paid $99 less, shipped to my door for a NIB TWD premium. Seller is delusional.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

NIB has only 1 advantage over NOB...acquisition time. When a game is first released, NIB enables you to get the new toy without waiting months for someone to sell theirs.
Considering all the NIB "surprises", being able to acquire a HUO low plays game is much preferred.

Totally agree....NIB purchases are emotional....I used to get caught up in the emotions....now I've realized it only makes sense to buy nice HUO games that can be fully inspected prior to purchase...its not worth rolling the dice with these manufacturers who don't stand behind their products.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I paid $99 less, shipped to my door for a NIB TWD premium. Seller is delusional.

Seller usually tends to underprice his games. Maybe it was a typo. If anyone is seriously interested, make him an offer & you’ll prob get it for the price you want.

#13 3 years ago

Thanks Rarehero!

you're right I'm always open to hearing offers within reason. I always price games with OBO listed next to them...so always willing to hear best offers. DM those offers to me guys. I'd like to see the game go to a good home! I can ship from a loading dock, so some extra savings there as well.

cheers!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Seller usually tends to underprice his games. Maybe it was a typo. If anyone is seriously interested, make him an offer & you’ll prob get it for the price you want.

This is not one of those times he underpriced.

#15 3 years ago

Which brings me to my next point.... Don't smoke crack.

Stupid price nobody would bother with a counter offer. Except for maybe something equally absurd like 3k. Sell crazy someplace else.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Which brings me to my next point.... Don't smoke crack.
Stupid price nobody would bother with a counter offer. Except for maybe something equally absurd like 3k. Sell crazy someplace else.

Everyone agrees the price is high, but I’ve seen lots of “sell crazy” asking prices on Pinside and this isn’t one of those. Stern’s MSRP on NIB pro games now is 6k (which in itself is certainly high). TWD is no longer in production so if you are a buyer that will only get NIB, here is one at a 10% premium to MSRP.

I know all of us that have been in the hobby for many years and have owned dozen of games are very comfortable buying used machines and not taking the value hit opening up a NIB, but there are lots of newer collectors that want NIB and are not comfortable buying used. I think the seller should let any prospective buyer know whether this game will have the manufacturer warranty.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is not one of those times he underpriced.

LOL then make an offer. That’s what OBO means. It doesn’t say “firm”.

The seller is a good friend of mine. He’s just trying to get rid of stuff....he’s not trying to jack anyone. I’m sure the first person to make a reasonable offer gets the game.

Quoted from MMP:

Stupid price nobody would bother with a counter offer.

LOL...oh, Pinside. If you want the game, you’re PMing him with an offer. If you don’t, you’re doing things like this. ^

#18 3 years ago

Disagree. The counter offer would be so much lower that you'd come across as the dick. He wants 6600? I'd offer 5000. That, to me, is a "don't even bother." 5300 for a pro shipped isn't unreasonable when people have sold their pros for low 4ks.

People have sold (and tend to still sell) nice condition used premiums for less.

#19 3 years ago

It’s a joke, probably no warranty so if PF is warped who is going to replace that?

I’ve bought 6-8 nib games and it’s nice to have a shiny first ball play etc but after a few months it’s the same as if I had bought a nice HUO.

Good for a warranty or like I wanted a comic SW not the old art so it was more convenient than waiting to find a comic. But for a generic pin like TWD pro the most it should be for nib is $5k

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Disagree. The counter offer would be so much lower that you'd come across as the dick. He wants 6600? I'd offer 5000.

...and he’d prob sell it to you.

Look, if this was someone who just made an account and/or was known for crazy prices, sure. This is someone I’ve known for over a decade.

#21 3 years ago

The only real question in my mind is if Stern will honor some sort of warranty? Is so than its probably worth a little premium...if not in my mind I'd rather have it opened, turned on, and played.....

#22 3 years ago

If you all feel comfortable justifying this price in the current market while other far superior deals sit idle for weeks, then by all means pull the trigger and put your money where your mouth is. I'd rather not see another pinsider burned regardless of your relationship to the seller.

A stand up seller would post a game at a reasonable price, end of story. Tired of the stern fake inflation excuse on older games. But you have your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Ultimately the market will decide.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the seller should let any prospective buyer know whether this game will have the manufacturer warranty.

Stern's warranty is clearly stated on page 45 of the manual. It's safe to say anything they offer will be a goodwill gesture, not warranty coverage.

WDwarranty (resized).pngWDwarranty (resized).png
#24 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

If you all feel comfortable justifying this price in the current market while other far superior deals sit idle for weeks, then by all means pull the trigger and put your money where your mouth is.

Jesus Christ....I never once justified the price. I said if you really want it, offer him a lower price that would make you happy!

I don’t even remotely care what the game sells for. I told him to sell it to me for $2k just to goof on this thread.

Before you maniacs keep maniacking...literally my only point is: Darth Grayder is a good friend. He’s a good dude. He’s a good seller. He’s not greedy. If you really want this game, just reach out and talk to the man.

Simple.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Jesus Christ....I never once justified the price. I said if you really want it, offer him a lower price that would make you happy!
I don’t even remotely care what the game sells for. I told him to sell it to me for $2k just to goof on this thread.
Before you maniacs keep maniacking...literally my only point is: Darth Grayder is a good friend. He’s a good dude. He’s a good seller. He’s not greedy. If you really want this game, just reach out and talk to the man.
Simple.

Rare, what you dont understand is that most of the people complaining in the thread have zero interest in buying the game. I know Darth as well and got seven games from him, and I am half way across the country. So do I think he is a good honest person, you bet your ass I do. Do I think that this game is priced a little high. Sure, but he is not far off. Those that think its a 5k pin are nuts, when the box is open, sure that is a hit, but there are people that will be willing to take that hit to open a NIB pin.

4 people commenting on this thread actually have one in their collection
1 person has one for sale themselves
2 have it on their wishlist, but they want a premium.

Lastly, He is in LA. in LA, 6k+ is a lot different than other parts of the country. People out there can pay 6k a month rent, where here in my area, you can rent a house for a year for that amount

1 week later
#26 3 years ago

new lower price $5999

have at it guys....

#27 3 years ago

FRIDAY NIGHT BUMP!!!!

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Disagree. The counter offer would be so much lower that you'd come across as the dick. He wants 6600? I'd offer 5000. That, to me, is a "don't even bother." 5300 for a pro shipped isn't unreasonable when people have sold their pros for low 4ks.

Welp, it’s $5299 now!

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Welp, it’s $5299 now!

Plus shipping....

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Plus shipping....

So 5600 or 5700

#31 3 years ago

Bump for a machine that I hope to eventually own.

GLWS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-walking-dead-pro-85?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.