FB_IMG_1508463420058 (resized).jpg
B2D14FF1-7537-434D-BD60-B229BF0CFD12 (resized).jpeg
9DE5AF52-5E44-42D8-B96A-8F5E2393896F (resized).jpeg
86693CC4-7F18-42D2-A771-A658A3E4E2CC (resized).jpeg
A80AD436-E401-455F-A3C2-778F8B87D2CB (resized).jpeg
28C2023D-708B-493A-AD26-9845452DE7BA (resized).jpeg
8110C7ED-358C-4FE6-B213-646D9E65BE37 (resized).jpeg
3B573521-76BD-4AD7-8B23-654855DBC11E (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

I’ve got a nice Shadow for sale in the marketplace. $3500 with a ton of mods if anyone is interested.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

In your mind or in the market? A really nice clean one with minimal sanctum wear would sell for 4k no problem. We're are these 2.5k and 1.5k TS at? If you are right then I shouldnt have an issue finding one. Or are you talking about a beater that needs work and a full shop out? Because that's the only way one is going that low.

Not true. 4K no problem? There have been plenty in the lower $3K range. Why Price pump? This notion that TS is somehow a sure shot $4K game is simply erroneous.

If I told you BSD was a $4K would you agree? Those two games have been priced neck and neck for a long time.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That one is a solid deal with not a lot of sanctum wear. It's also in NY nearing winter and not offering shipping. Cab is ok condition. This time of year with a lot of new releases is a great time to find a good deal. Take the same game, redo the cab and it wouldn't have much trouble selling in the low 4's.
That is also the only TS listed that is a good deal.

Stop. Low 4s... that's simply ridiculous to say. Case and point. There's a guy three posts up that has a loaded, asking $3.5.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Stop. Low 4s... that's simply ridiculous to say. Case and point. There's a guy three posts up that has a loaded, asking $3.5.

That's the same game we we're talking about in the post you quoted. If my 4k is rediculous then why did this game sell for $3900 with some mods removed? Please explain that and stop posting nonsense. The market is what it is. You can claim 2500, then 1500, and now 3000 all you want. But were are they?

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's the same game we we're talking about genius. If my 4k is rediculous then why did this game sell for $3900 with some mods removed? Please explain that and stop posting nonsense. The market is what it is. You can claim 2500, then 1500, and now 3000 all you want. But we're are they?

I sold a pretty nice one for $3100 around a month ago. Better sanctum area than this one.

Pinball prices are somewhat regional, of course. On the other hand, I think the market overall has cooled off even since then.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Case and point. There's a guy three posts up that has a loaded, asking $3.5.

But I thought they sold for 1500-2500?

Zmeny sold his with mods removed for 3900

Nice shadow is 3500-4000. A extremely nice one is going to be 4000+ all day long and a restored one is going to jump even higher. Like I said wait until the CPR playfields are released and see what happens.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That one is a solid deal with not a lot of sanctum wear. It's also in NY nearing winter and not offering shipping. Cab is ok condition. This time of year with a lot of new releases is a great time to find a good deal. Take the same game, redo the cab and it wouldn't have much trouble selling in the low 4's.
That is also the only TS listed that is a good deal.

I would ship it if buyer sets it up. Although prefer local pickup.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

But I thought they sold for 1500-2500?
Zmeny sold his with mods removed for 3900
Nice shadow is 3500-4000. A extremely nice one is going to be 4000+ all day long and a restored one is going to jump even higher. Like I said wait until the CPR playfields are released and see what happens.

Of course I was being sarcastic about $1500... but look above. $3100 for a nice TS. $4000+ all day is an owner’s dream. I guess my Johnny is $4k too now?

Here’s 4 games from the last few months... all below your 3500-4000+ inflated price. Remember... these are Pinside asking prices!

4A9513B1-A5A8-4498-BCC9-A06D400A6F46 (resized).png4A9513B1-A5A8-4498-BCC9-A06D400A6F46 (resized).png

C1D28D67-F769-46B4-B2B7-64BD981D3DF6 (resized).pngC1D28D67-F769-46B4-B2B7-64BD981D3DF6 (resized).png

083603CE-3DD3-4CB7-B535-0D7E1E5B8B9F (resized).png083603CE-3DD3-4CB7-B535-0D7E1E5B8B9F (resized).png

02E9CF58-F2B2-4649-8726-D1592F5AC610 (resized).png02E9CF58-F2B2-4649-8726-D1592F5AC610 (resized).png

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Of course I was being sarcastic about $1500... but look above. $3100 for a nice TS. $4000+ all day is an owner’s dream. I guess my Johnny is $4k too now?
Here’s 4 games from the last few months... all below your 3500-4000+ inflated price. Remember... these are Pinside asking prices!

I guess you do not see the irony of you posting this over and over in a thread of a TS that just sold for $3900? You can grab all of the low prices from the archives that you want and waste your life doing it. Doesn't change what a really nice modded TS is going sell for. Even with you cherry picking nothing but the lowest prices you still couldn't find a single for for $2500 like you stated they sell for. Pretty sure I can go through the archives and find plenty in the range that I said really nice modded ones go for.

Better question is why do you even care? They cost what they cost? Isn't it a little strange to be in a thread that just sold a TS for a price that you claim is pretty much unheard of and not possible arguing a point that this thread proves is no longer correct?

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I guess you do not see the irony of you posting this over and over in a thread of a TS that just sold for $3900? You can grab all of the low prices from the archives that you want and waste your life doing it. Doesn't change what a really nice modded TS is going sell for. Even with you cherry picking nothing but the lowest prices you still couldn't find a single for for $2500 like you stated they sell for. Pretty sure I can go through the archives and find plenty in the range that I said really nice modded ones go for.
Better question is why do you even care? They cost what they cost? Isn't it a little strange to be in a thread that just sold a TS for a price that you claim is pretty much unheard of and not possible arguing a point that this thread proves is no longer correct?

Because you literally asked: I quote “were are they,” which I assumed meant “where are they.” You also said that a few years ago shadows were going for 3.2-3.5... And I just showed you four games below, at, or a hundred or so above $3k. And you have to assume they were all OBO. Not cherry picking, I just opened up the forum history and those were on the first page.

So $2500 maybe have been a off by $500. Yes, that’s true. But you can find this game for a grand less than the $4k+ line that you’re claiming exists. Forget mods... mods are irrelevant, unless you’re talking Color DMD, but even that has little to do with the actual value of the game.

You’re right in asking why I care... but I’d ask you the same thing. Truthfully, if the OP was closer, I very well might have talked to him about buying his game. Was beautiful and somebody is really going to enjoy it. If I were selling his game, I totally would have tested the market the way he approached it. Hats off to him.

#111 6 years ago

Now now kids....
I just had one resorted a bundle on it.

Added over 6 years ago: Spent a bundle on the restoration.

#112 6 years ago

Overall nice condition shadows with color dmd, alt translight and few other things usually sell around 3250-3500 from my experience. Pinside is always higher on most stuff.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Because you literally asked: I quote “were are they,” which I assumed meant “where are they.” You also said that a few years ago shadows were going for 3.2-3.5... And I just showed you four games below, at, or a hundred or so above $3k. And you have to assume they were all OBO. Not cherry picking, I just opened up the forum history and those were on the first page.
So $2500 maybe have been a off by $500. Yes, that’s true. But you can find this game for a grand less than the $4k+ line that you’re claiming exists. Forget mods... mods are irrelevant, unless you’re talking Color DMD, but even that has little to do with the actual value of the game.
You’re right in asking why I care... but I’d ask you the same thing. Truthfully, if the OP was closer, I very well might have talked to him about buying his game. Was beautiful and somebody is really going to enjoy it. If I were selling his game, I totally would have tested the market the way he approached it. Hats off to him.

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one

Don't understand why you would talk to the OP and over pay by 1k based on your own opinion or why you would also list this game like the OP did if it's really worth 1k less? TS is a good game and this one is sold so who cares. We can both walk away and probably both be wrong lol. I think your low, you think I'm crazy high, truth is usually somewhere in-between.

#114 6 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

If anyone is interested I have a 10lb turkey for sale modded out with Pin Stadium Lights, Color dmd platter, and dressing mods. Clean, routed turkeys go for about $50 but with these mods I could let it go for $75. Turkey mods add to the price everyone knows that!

#115 6 years ago

FWIW, I think the buyer got an awesome looking game and the seller got a price he was happy with. Congrats to both parties and happy Thanksgiving!

#116 6 years ago

I gotta say that I'm surprised that Zach would let such an outstanding game go. The buyer is obviously a very savvy pinball aficionado!

And the fact that I'm thankful that I just added a TS to my collection is merely coincidental. Sort of.

Happy Thanksgiving to all owners and fans of The Shadow!

#117 6 years ago

Hilarious comment with the turkey Zach.

Back on topic, there is nothing Pinball savvy about paying that price for a shadow like this. But that's what makes pinside great. Why not try.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Back on topic, there is nothing Pinball savvy about paying that price for a shadow like this. But that's what makes pinside great. Why not try.

If Stern made a game with exactly the same layout and mechs as TS today what would they charge?

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

If Stern made a game with exactly the same layout and mechs as TS today what would they charge?

U can say that about any 90s b/w pin really...

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

very fitting comment pinballnewb.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

very fitting comment pinballnewb.

Considering every game I have is on your wishlist I must be doing something right

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Considering every game I have is on your wishlist I must be doing something right

and prob paid too much for each although you have good taste. I've also owned the majority of those already. Going round 2!

hey - spend whatever you want but comparing a stern price model to B/W? cmon now man....I'm out of this thread though. Spending too much time talking reality and trying to help people stop overspending. GL.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

and prob paid too much for each although you have good taste. I've also owned the majority of those already. Going round 2!
hey - spend whatever you want but comparing a stern price model to B/W? cmon now man....I'm out of this thread though. Spending too much time talking reality and trying to help people stop overspending. GL.

Wait a sec... so you are actively looking for a shadow...

Now it all makes sense.

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

3.5k shipped from Arizona with color dmd, topper, mirror blades, and a nice PF isn’t too bad for TS IMO.

Stern’s Premium / LE pricing at this point is only sustainable because people aren’t afraid of losing their ass when they go to resell. It certainly doesn’t seem to be due to build quality and BOM.

If Stern made a TS today and charged their current premium price people would be creaming themselves at the perceived “value” vs recent releases. So getting that game at 3.9k, while at the high end of the current TS market, is still not a bad buy imo.

#125 6 years ago

"3.5k shipped from Arizona with color dmd, topper, mirror blades, and a nice PF isn’t too bad for TS IMO."

You've done well. Now that is more inline with expectations so good job. Now, PM me and let's make a deal and I'll buy all 3! ; )

haha - pinballnewb you have good taste and I think you get my point.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

"3.5k shipped from Arizona with color dmd, topper, mirror blades, and a nice PF isn’t too bad for TS IMO."
You've done well. Now that is more inline with expectations so good job. Now, PM me and let's make a deal ; )
haha - pinballnewb you have good taste and I think you get my point.

It’s going no where soon or ever, but if that time comes and you’re still looking you’ll be the first to know!

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Delt you’re killing me brother. Thought we were pals?! Haha

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Delt you’re killing me brother. Thought we were pals?! Haha

Just commenting on the market - no hard feelings. It's a nice shadow and no doubt buyer will enjoy.

Now - get that Alien!

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just commenting on the market - no hard feelings. It's a nice shadow and no doubt buyer will enjoy.
Now - get that Alien!

And then trade said alien to me

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

And then trade said alien to me

I already tried to get his Alien haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-shadow-loaded/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.