FB_IMG_1508463420058 (resized).jpg
B2D14FF1-7537-434D-BD60-B229BF0CFD12 (resized).jpeg
9DE5AF52-5E44-42D8-B96A-8F5E2393896F (resized).jpeg
86693CC4-7F18-42D2-A771-A658A3E4E2CC (resized).jpeg
A80AD436-E401-455F-A3C2-778F8B87D2CB (resized).jpeg
28C2023D-708B-493A-AD26-9845452DE7BA (resized).jpeg
8110C7ED-358C-4FE6-B213-646D9E65BE37 (resized).jpeg
3B573521-76BD-4AD7-8B23-654855DBC11E (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

Great looking game

#52 6 years ago

SO tempting!! Pin looks amazing!!!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

SO tempting!! Pin looks amazing!!!

Allow the temptation to spread and take over your decision making.....it’s calling for you Coz, listen.....”Buy me and take me home. I’m everything you want in a pinball machine. The other machines won’t love you like I will”

Hahaha

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fortunately CPR has Shadow playfields almost done to help out all the Shadows with destroyed sanctum entrances..

Are they all sold out already? Typically the case.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Are they all sold out already? Typically the case.

http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

Looks like the standby list is all you can get on now.

#56 6 years ago

This machine does not need a playfield way too nice for all of that. A lot of shadows have wear around the Mode inserts. None on this one. The playfield condition is one of the reasons i bought it

#57 6 years ago

Zach is straight up about his machines guys, have no fear when buying from him.

Even if he IS a beer lightweight, he's still a good, honest, fair guy.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This machine does not need a playfield way too nice for all of that. A lot of shadows have wear around the Mode inserts. None on this one. The playfield condition is one of the reasons i bought it

Honestly I think its the sanctum wear that is keeping this from selling, maybe it looks better in person but the pic of the sanctum area looks awful. Someone did a poor touch up..the grey doesnt match
EDIT: not trying to be an ass or price police, just an observation...

Screenshot_20171116-070411 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171116-070411 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171116-070914 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171116-070914 (resized).png

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Honestly I think its the sanctum wear that is keeping this from selling, maybe it looks better in person but the pic of the sanctum area looks awful. Someone did a poor touch up..the grey doesnt match

That's not a touch up, it's a decal with mylar over it.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yeah i hear ya. Very possible. I’d rather have decal than bad wear which is why i pulled the triggger on it, other parts of playfield are nice. If it was bad i wouldn’t have bought it

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's not a touch up, it's a decal with mylar over it.

Ok, but the end result is the same. Overall the game looks great, I really miss mine. The game is so well balanced with great flow and modes...and one of the best mini playfields in pinball...

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

It is for me, otherwise I would have been all over this...

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

It is for me, otherwise I would have been all over this...

Same here. I want a Shadow after a local deal fell through a few months back.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Same here. I want a Shadow after a local deal fell through a few months back.

Well then come and get it haha

#65 6 years ago

If you were to remove the decal, is there just run-of-the-mill burn on the playfield or is there a hole? Thanks.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

A playfield replacement and it would be a premium machine. Everything else can be great, but if that sanctum area is bad, it will drag the whole thing down. The Sanctum is what's holding this one back.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If you were to remove the decal, is there just run-of-the-mill burn on the playfield or is there a hole? Thanks.

At this point I thought about removing it to see what’s underneath but too risky haha

Quoted from PinMonk:A playfield replacement and it would be a premium machine. Everything else can be great, but if that sanctum area is bad, it will drag the whole thing down. The Sanctum is what's holding this one back.

Thats fair

#68 6 years ago

Should i pull it and see guys? It just doesn’t bother me and I am picky as hell. Tempting though

814143DF-EAEC-4D1C-ADC4-8E7FD0B4A5D7 (resized).jpeg814143DF-EAEC-4D1C-ADC4-8E7FD0B4A5D7 (resized).jpeg

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Should i pull it and see guys? It just doesn’t bother me and I am picky as hell. Tempting though

I'd say that is a risky decision as if it's all chewed to hell it will harm the sale even more. If it's just a little wear spot like most of them it might help you though.

#70 6 years ago

Leave it as is. It will sell.

#71 6 years ago

I'd honestly leave it alone, you just have to find the right price to get someone interested.

#72 6 years ago

Dont remove it, too much risk if its really chewed up underneath. The price needs to reflect the playfield though...

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Dont remove it, too much risk if its really chewed up undermeath. The price needs to reflect the playfield though...

Probably sound advise but I still think I would pull it. TS doesn't get magnet burn like TAF, it's just were it catches the ball and skids it to the lock that creates the wear. If the rest of the playfield is nice there's a really good chance the sanctum area is not that bad. Pull it, have a local artist come touch it up, add some mylar, and you have a much better chance of moving it at $4300. Or leave it, drop the price to 4K and get it out the door.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Probably sound advise but I still think I would pull it. TS doesn't get magnet burn like TAF, it's just were it catches the ball and skids it to the lock that creates the wear. If the rest of the playfield is nice there's a really good chance the sanctum area is not that bad. Pull it, have a local artist come touch it up, add some mylar, and you have a much better chance of moving it at $4300. Or leave it, drop the price to 4K and get it out the door.

Probably correct...I bought some of these decals when I had my shadow, they are about the size of a quarter and match the playfield perfectly and cover the smudge mark on most shadows. It wont work if there is a divot, but if there is a small mark it covers it. My shadow didnt have any sanctum wear but I put one of these decals on to protect it...it looks better than the off grey decal

f7c5d67d3a1c176777cba6c09c3beab266440c7e (resized).jpgf7c5d67d3a1c176777cba6c09c3beab266440c7e (resized).jpg

#75 6 years ago

Hmmm seems like a good idea

#76 6 years ago

It's a nice shadow, just think it's priced a bit high for what these go for.

#77 6 years ago

I have to agree... price is what's holding the sale back. Sanctum wear is pretty typical. The market is the market... and there's a lot of high dollar NIB options right now. GLWS

#79 6 years ago

Everything reasonably priced sells.
I had a handful of people policing the price on my Congo. It sold for full price. It sold because it’s a very nice game. Just like this one. Clean, well done games sell. Period.

#80 6 years ago

lets not start thinking this game sold for 4300. Not going to say what it did sell for but shadows are not 4300 and this one doesn't change that. People can price police all they want if the game is a ridiculous price. Suggestion is to not have a forum post if you don't want to hear it.

#81 6 years ago

I have seen a shadow near me that is worth well over 4300. Not the norm but they do exist and once CPR releases the playfield and nice restorations start popping up the price is going to go up.

#82 6 years ago

Of course, anyone owning a Shadow wants to think that the price of this title is on the cusp of skyrocketing. It has been a $2,500 game for a long time. Let's not get crazy and jettison it into the $4K range.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Of course, anyone owning a Shadow wants to think that the price of this title is on the cusp of skyrocketing. It has been a $2,500 game for a long time. Let's not get crazy and jettison it into the $4K range.

I will take all the nice shadows you can round up for $2500 each.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

lets not start thinking this game sold for 4300. Not going to say what it did sell for but shadows are not 4300 and this one doesn't change that. People can price police all they want if the game is a ridiculous price. Suggestion is to not have a forum post if you don't want to hear it.

Condition determines the price and many are certainly worth $4300 and have sold for a lot more then that. Keep living in your cave were 90's B/W games are not increasing in price.

Quoted from 27dnast:

A good condition TS has not sold for $2500 in forever. It's like some of you believe if you say prices have not increased that it will actually be true.

#85 6 years ago

There is price police and then just delusional people, in what year and alternate reality did Shadows go for $2500?

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Condition determines the price and many are certainly worth $4300 and have sold for a lot more then that. Keep living in your cave were 90's B/W games are not increasing in price.

A good condition TS has not sold for $2500 in forever. It's like some of you believe if you say prices have not increased that it will actually be true.

gentry - take a deep breath and try to understand what I'm saying.... who says B/W games are NOT jumping price? Of course they are! Shadow is no TZ and it's not a 4k game. Sorry. If your point is that a completely restored Shadow could go for 4k, I would say I agree. I'll imagine that was your point. Thanks

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

There is price police and then just delusional people, in what year and alternate reality did Shadows go for $2500?

Did I say $2.5k?

I meant $1.5...

The point is: TS is not a $4k game.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

gentry - take a deep breath and try to understand what I'm saying.... who says B/W games are NOT jumping price? Of course they are! Shadow is no TZ and it's not a 4k game. Sorry. If your point is that a completely restored Shadow could go for 4k, I would say I agree. I'll imagine that was your point. Thanks

Nope, my point is that 2 years ago a really nice clean non restored TS was $3200-$3500 with a few mods. Prices have went up since then and the vast majority of nice ones now have a colordmd in them. Guess what that makes them cost now? The same logic would say that TZ is still a 5k game. I wish that was the case, I really do as I hate paying what 25 year old games cost now. They are still good values compared to nib games though.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Did I say $2.5k?
I meant $1.5...

In your mind or in the market? A really nice clean one with minimal sanctum wear would sell for 4k no problem. We're are these 2.5k and 1.5k TS at? If you are right then I shouldnt have an issue finding one. Or are you talking about a beater that needs work and a full shop out? Because that's the only way one is going that low.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

In your mind or in the market? A really nice clean one with minimal sanctum wear would sell for 4k no problem. We're are these 2.5k and 1.5k TS at? If you are right then I shouldnt have an issue finding one. Or are you talking about a beater that needs work and a full shop out? Because that's the only way one is going that low.

I don't even think you could get a beater for that price.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

funny, I have seen multiple TS sell for 4k or more...
Route, dirty, and players are over 3k and have been for a while.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

funny, I have seen multiple TS sell for 4k or more...
Route, dirty, and players are over 3k and have been for a while.

I've been looking at TS to buy over a few months (can't decide b/w that and some others but it's made me check their final sales pricing) and they don't sell for 4k (at least on pinside - maybe some random ebay auction or CL posts) - I'm talking what they REALLY sell for on the avg is 3600 and that's WITH color DMD. I'm sure there are the suckers out there spending 4300 on TS - no doubt but if you're an educated buyer, you're not spending 4300 on a shadow unless it's pristine.

There is a really nice shadow currently on the boards right now that is very nice although the cab is beat up a little. Color dmd, etc. Price at 3500 now and still for sale.

#93 6 years ago

I was not claiming they all sell for over 4k. Just making a point that some nice ones do.

You are right that 3500 +/-200 is the going rate for typical cleaned up examples in average condition.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was not claiming they all sell for over 4k. Just making a point that some nice ones do.
You are right that 3500 +/-200 is the going rate for typical cleaned up examples in average condition.

Agreed all around (I mentioned earlier that really nice ones can go for 4k or so). I think the previous posts were indicating this game is now a 4k game which it's not. We can't take a pristine example and use that as the going rate....

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've been looking at TS to buy over a few months (can't decide b/w that and some others but it's made me check their final sales pricing) and they don't sell for 4k (at least on pinside - maybe some random ebay auction or CL posts) - I'm talking what they REALLY sell for on the avg is 3600 and that's WITH color DMD. I'm sure there are the suckers out there spending 4300 on TS - no doubt but if you're an educated buyer, you're not spending 4300 on a shadow unless it's pristine.
There is a really nice shadow currently on the boards right now that is very nice although the cab is beat up a little. Color dmd, etc. Price at 3500 now and still for sale.

That one is a solid deal with not a lot of sanctum wear. It's also in NY nearing winter and not offering shipping. Cab is ok condition. This time of year with a lot of new releases is a great time to find a good deal. Take the same game, redo the cab and it wouldn't have much trouble selling in the low 4's.

That is also the only TS listed that is a good deal.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I bought them all day long for $1200-$1500 before I released the Shadow plastic superset. They all had broken plastics and that sanctum plastic by itself was $300 IF you could find one. Once I released all-new plastics for the whole game, prices jumped $500-$800 pretty quickly, almost making me regret doing it - almost.

#97 6 years ago

Can't wait until I have mine finished and ready to sell after reading this thread. Wireforms newly plated, gold mirror blades, repaired the Sanctum wear, nice cabinet and artwork, full tear down cleaning and shop job. Cha-ching

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Can't wait until I have mine finished and ready to sell after reading this thread. Wireforms newly plated, gold mirror blades, repaired the Sanctum wear, nice cabinet and artwork, full tear down cleaning and shop job. Cha-ching

PM'd. 6K!

#99 6 years ago

Dang didn't notice my for sale thread was alive and kicking still. I love the heat and discussion going back and forth, makes for good pinball talk. Im happy to report that it is pending sale for $3900 without the Pin Stadium lights (wanting to put those in something else).

At the end of the day, each machine is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I priced the machine high at first because I was not crazy about the idea of letting it go. I settled back in the mid 4's and received some interest and truly feel like that is its value (about 4400-4500 for the one I have). The guy that is buying it was willing to pay more than 3900, but since it was being shipped I opted to reduce again to help with that. He seemed stoked to have it and was interested because of our SDTM review so I'm excited to send it his way.

Is The Shadow a 2k pin? Hahaha thats funny.

TS is no longer a 3k pin either.

TS is a 3500 dollar pin without extras.

I would have paid 4500-5000 for a super nice HUO one when I was looking. To me, it is that good of a machine and easily a more fun pin that MM or AFM.

I looked around a while to find a nice one and was willing to pay a bit of a premium. Someone had a restored one they offered to me for 7k. Was it worth that? Not to me, but for someone who wanted the nicest Shadow on the planet? Sure.

Market drives everything, mixed with desire. I never understand the argument that 'said machine' is not a 4k pin. Well, it is to a huge fan of the 'said machine'. Also, the idea that mods on a machine aren't worth anything is nonsense. Are they worth what you paid? No, but are they worth nothing? Absolutely not. To me, they are worth more because they save me usually half price from buying the mods first hand once I get the machine.

Sad to see The Shadow go, but still a top 10 machine ever made.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sad to see The Shadow go, but still a top 10 machine ever made.

I've got a pretty nice little collection with some high dollar games. I think my Shadow is the best of them all. I think there are a lot of guys that feel this way actually. Funny how games get valued I guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-shadow-loaded/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.