FB_IMG_1508463420058 (resized).jpg
B2D14FF1-7537-434D-BD60-B229BF0CFD12 (resized).jpeg
9DE5AF52-5E44-42D8-B96A-8F5E2393896F (resized).jpeg
86693CC4-7F18-42D2-A771-A658A3E4E2CC (resized).jpeg
A80AD436-E401-455F-A3C2-778F8B87D2CB (resized).jpeg
28C2023D-708B-493A-AD26-9845452DE7BA (resized).jpeg
8110C7ED-358C-4FE6-B213-646D9E65BE37 (resized).jpeg
3B573521-76BD-4AD7-8B23-654855DBC11E (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Reduced: The Shadow Loaded

Added: 2017-10-18 19:56:06 UTC • Ended: November 25th, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 4,300 (OBO)

Open for offers

My beloved The Shadow pinball machine is on the block for sale or trade

Many mods, clean playfield, plays great, normal bumps and bruises on the cabinet, clean cabinet inside, nice plastics

- Color DMD
- Full Aurich package (translite, speaker panel, instruction cards)
- Magnetic apron mod
- Side Blades
- Pin Stadium Lights with UV flashers
- full LED
- extra LED strips to light under mini playfield, upper playfield, drain
- brick back panel
- interactive car topper
- purple flasher domes
- comes with flipper toppers and purple star posts not yet installed
- Titan flipper rubbers
- wireforms look rebrassed but can not confirm
- probably missing others

$4300 obo or trade (+/- cash)

$3900 without ColorDMD or $3700 without Pin Stadium Lights and ColorDMD

Call or text Zach
########## [phone number removed]

Item photos

3B573521-76BD-4AD7-8B23-654855DBC11E (resized).jpeg
94C6376F-0992-4865-8549-4A155FF28307 (resized).jpeg
35AA0980-542E-4019-A3D2-CE370049BAE2 (resized).jpeg
8110C7ED-358C-4FE6-B213-646D9E65BE37 (resized).jpeg
28C2023D-708B-493A-AD26-9845452DE7BA (resized).jpeg
A80AD436-E401-455F-A3C2-778F8B87D2CB (resized).jpeg
86693CC4-7F18-42D2-A771-A658A3E4E2CC (resized).jpeg
9DE5AF52-5E44-42D8-B96A-8F5E2393896F (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ZMeny's market stats.

silver Seller Level

ZMeny has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ZMeny's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Evansville, IN, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

#2 6 years ago

I think you're a little low. These sell all day for 7 grand.

#3 6 years ago

Beautiful

#4 6 years ago

Don't do it man!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I think you're a little low. These sell all day for 7 grand.

I’ll have to adjust the price. Whew, thanks for the heads up

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Don't do it man!

I agree.

#7 6 years ago

Zach I love you but really interested to see if shadow gets this price. I'll be watching this one.

Where are the proceeds going? DI?

#8 6 years ago

you're killing me bud! killing me...

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Zach I love you but really interested to see if shadow gets this price. I'll be watching this one.
Where are the proceeds going? DI?

We shall see delt. Actually price I think is fair (400 color dmd, 220 Pin Stadium, 100 apron mod, 200+ aurich package) and lot more

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We shall see delt. Actually price I think is fair (400 color dmd, 220 Pin Stadium, 100 apron mod, 200+ aurich package) and lot more

That's assuming everyone likes those mods. I usually think that mods shouldn't be considered an investment, done because you like them, and not because you're adding value to the machine. I personally don't like a lot of the mods people do to their machines. Some go way over board with them, so when it's time for them to sell, why should I pay for them, you know?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's assuming everyone likes those mods. I usually think that mods shouldn't be considered an investment, done because you like them, and not because you're adding value to the machine. I personally don't like a lot of the mods people do to their machines. Some go way over board with them, so when it's time for them to sell, why should I pay for them, you know?

Completely agree. I don’t consider them an investment but to me Color Dmd and Pin Stadium add to the value which is why I can take them out of the machine for 4300 as listed in the ad. I’m a mod guy, many of my friends aren’t. To each their own.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's assuming everyone likes those mods.

Only one person had to like those mods.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

+1. Color DMD might be an exception, but sellers can easily pull them and put them in another game.

#14 6 years ago

I'd pay 4300 all day and twice on Saturday for a nice Shadow. One of the best games ever made IMO. This game will only continue to increase in value.

You do need to post close up picture of Sanctum however

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That's assuming that they are junk add on mods that do not add value which is simply not the case for any of these.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I'd pay 4300 all day and twice on Saturday for a nice Shadow. One of the best games ever made IMO. This game will only continue to increase in value.
You do need to post close up picture of Sanctum however

Agreed do you have a close up pic of sanctum?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Yeah I can get one tonight. It’s been repaired and decaled. I personally am not crazy about the decal method but definitely better than a burn there or sloppy paint job. You can’t see it regardless when the game is on even with the bright Pin Stadium lights

#18 6 years ago

I'm almost surprised that someone hasn't said, "fuck it" and made thr magnet area there like they do on stern. Just put the magnet through the wood and be done with it.

It adds to the mystery when you see the ball stop there, but if it burns eventually it takes away from that and just makes it ugly.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm almost surprised that someone hasn't said, "fuck it" and made thr magnet area there like they do on stern. Just put the magnet through the wood and be done with it.
It adds to the mystery when you see the ball stop there, but if it burns eventually it takes away from that and just makes it ugly.

It's not magnet burn though. It's were the ball is skidding instead of rolling which creates the wear.

#20 6 years ago

Zach - the way you talked about The Shadow on SDTM and then the video on Pin Stadium lights, I never thought you would sell it.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I think you're a little low. These sell all day for 7 grand /s.

fixed.

#22 6 years ago

Zach you are too funny. Lol.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Zach - the way you talked about The Shadow on SDTM and then the video on Pin Stadium lights, I never thought you would sell it.

He is waspinator like that he trades them often. Well not that fast, but even pins he loves eventually go and come back.

Shadow is amazing as hell. I miss mine.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I think it’s engineered that way and wouldn’t work with just an exposed magnet. It needs to slide so it’s under playfield. Many shadows are torched because of it you’re right which is why I liked this one it’s not bad

Quoted from Burley9043:

Yeah man it’s a top 5 machine for me but I’m looking to switch the lineup up a bit. I wish I had the funds to build a collection or hell even a local arcade with good pins then I’d just keep the ones I have. Unfortunately, I have a wife that likes spending money too haha and closest local pin place is about two hours away which is why I’m not in any leagues. I’ve got some local buddies into the hobby now and they all have great taste so it’s getting better.

Quoted from Doctor6:

He is waspinator like that he trades them often. Well not that fast, but even pins he loves eventually go and come back.
Shadow is amazing as hell. I miss mine.

Yeah I’ll miss this one but I’d like to own a Houdini or GOTG or JJPPOTC so the collection is always flexible. And I enjoy getting new pins in for the show to stream and review.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I personally don't like a lot of the mods people do to their machines. Some go way over board with them, so when it's time for them to sell, why should I pay for them, you know?

He chose to heavily mod his pin. When he goes to sell it he can:
- strip all the mods and sell at "regular" price to the broadest possible market
- offer to strip individual mods w/ price reductions attached
- leave all the mods on and list higher, knowing he's cutting out buyers like you

A buyer like yourself that doesn't care for mods in general can ignore listings like this entirely, make a lower offer for just the game with mods removed, or make an offer for the game as-is, factoring in what you think you can resell the mods for after you get the game and strip them off.

He'll either find a like-minded buyer, or find that he's made his game so "unique" with mods that there's no longer much of a market for it, or that the market doesn't value his mods the way he does. Either way, he shouldn't get offended if you don't want to buy his game as-is, and you shouldn't get offended that he's trying to recapture his perceived value in the mods he's added to the game.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Man I'm not sure if anything is more funny in pinball than someone asking for a closeup picture of your sanctum lol.

#27 6 years ago

Moving your Shadow opens up all kinds of questions about your choices in the "This or That" segment of your show.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Moving your Shadow opens up all kinds of questions about your choices in the "This or That" segment of your show.

Hahaha i have sold/traded off great machines before and brought in lesser ones with no hesitation. I usually play about 15-20 games a night if not more so I need some variety. Shadow is a great always will be and I’ll always be able to buy another down the road when I get the itch again. Thanks for watching the show man Greatly appreciated! Btw Burley, killer collection you have

#29 6 years ago

Was watching the stream (well video of the stream) when you mentioned moving this. It's a beauty you guys are so spoiled with whats available out that way.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I've seen at least two games that have done this. Was not a fan though.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

B2D14FF1-7537-434D-BD60-B229BF0CFD12 (resized).jpegB2D14FF1-7537-434D-BD60-B229BF0CFD12 (resized).jpeg

#32 6 years ago

Reduced by 200 because SDTM Greg was giving me shit about it being 200 dollars too high....whatever Greg...ya happy? Haha

#33 6 years ago

And once again Greg is the voice of reason

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

And once again Greg is the voice of reason

Hahaha more like he wants it to drop so that he can buy it....I know his shady little tactics

#35 6 years ago

Sanctum pic off his Facebook ad.

FB_IMG_1508463420058 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1508463420058 (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hahaha i have sold/traded off great machines before and brought in lesser ones with no hesitation. I usually play about 15-20 games a night if not more so I need some variety. Shadow is a great always will be and I’ll always be able to buy another down the road when I get the itch again. Thanks for watching the show man Greatly appreciated! Btw Burley, killer collection you have

Thanks. Collected my 5 pins over a 9 year span. Can't imagine that I will ever move any of them. Picked up my Shadow this last year and it has become my favorite. Just put my deposit in for JJPPOTC LE. You and Greg helped in the making of that decision, so I hope you liked it as much as it seemed like you did on YouTube. I was also very impressed with Eric Meunier's interviews with various people. Do you think he could be the next big designer in the industry? Might be a topic for a future show - Who are the future Pat Lawlors, Steve Ritchies, etc.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Thanks. Collected my 5 pins over a 9 year span. Can't imagine that I will ever move any of them. Picked up my Shadow this last year and it has become my favorite. Just put my deposit in for JJPPOTC LE. You and Greg helped in the making of that decision, so I hope you liked it as much as it seemed like you did on YouTube. I was also very impressed with Eric Meunier's interviews with various people. Do you think he could be the next big designer in the industry? Might be a topic for a future show - Who are the future Pat Lawlors, Steve Ritchies, etc.

Only time will tell but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and his debut into pinball design is going very well so far. Great guy and I know I’m rooting for him.

1 week later
#38 6 years ago

I would buy this if I had the funds.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I would buy this if I had the funds.

Sell me your Drac. That will get you a good bit of the way there.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Hougie you need another shadow my man haha

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

My BSD is scheduled to leave tomorrow -- if something happens and it doesn't, you have first dibs when I decide to take cash.

#44 6 years ago

Bump for one sexy guy. Game! I mean game!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Bump for one sexy guy. Game! I mean game!

Oh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Sanctum pic off his Facebook ad.

Fortunately CPR has Shadow playfields almost done to help out all the Shadows with destroyed sanctum entrances..

#48 6 years ago

Looks nice!!! Just watched your review.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Looks nice!!! Just watched your review.

Thanks Coz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-shadow-loaded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.