test.jpg
giphy (5).gif
DMD.jpg
th-675.jpeg
4.jpg
#1 9 years ago

4.jpg4.jpg
For Sale: 1994 Bally - The Shadow - Pinball Machine

Reason for selling? I need room to buy my friends pin before he sells it to someone else.

In great working & cosmetic condition.
I uploaded a long video and a bunch of photos.
Via the URL below. Click the images for the full size.

HD VIDEO & HD PHOTOS: http://jean-luc-picard.com/theshadow/

INCLUDES & FEATURES
----------------------------------

1. Original & Custom Translite.
The translite was the only one I ever made. It uses flex LED's to make shadows behind the translite for the gun overlapping his face. As well accent lights above the shoulder and next to the hat. As well a Red light for the ring. I had a DMD panel, but a few days ago I accidentally ruined it. If buyer is interested I can print a laminated decal and add it to the panel. This can always be removed without damage. "The attached photo is washed out, VERY hard to take a photo with lights on. The glow washes things out" I wanted to base the art off the original "classic era" comic book. A retro style using mostly black lines, ink texture and flat colors. Original art, no copy. I used references of my own face, Baldwin and even my own pistols. [See link above for more information on this]

2. Full LED: Back-glass, Inserts, GI, Flashers.
New rice lights in all the rings.

3. Clean "No Grey Decal" to The Sanctum. I put down a trimmed to fit "Clear Mylar". Cleaned, repaired and restored before I added the Mylar.

4. Headphone / External Audio jacks installed in coin door. The Shadow matching headphones included. Also great for external speakers with subs.

5. Target Decals "With extras for the drop targets"

6. Super Bands on flippers

7. New plastics on slings with protectors. "The rest of the plastics are original factory". I may have the entire set of protector's but have to find them.

8. Custom cards

NOTES
----------------------------------
- No Playfield wear.
- Sanctum Magnet/Wall/Switch/Opto's All work 100%
- Rub marks on left side of cabinet, no damage to wood just ink. Bent rail.
- Mini-Playfield works 100%
- DMD works, no dead dots.
- No Acid damage on boards
- (2) connectors re-paired at some point. He used yellow crimps, no idea why. But no problems.
- Brand new magnet
- Brand new track for mini playfield. "it had a missing tooth"
- Waxed, with Wizard Wax.

-Sold as is.

Pickup Only. "I do not own a truck" But I can help you load it. If you live near by, I can also help you bring it into your house if needed.

$2,995 firm.

Trade for Williams IJ + cash.

#2 9 years ago

Nice, I've been waiting to see how your translite came out, looks great. If the original speaker panel is a deal killer for anyone I think I have some spare ones of my design in the garage.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice, I've been waiting to see how your translite came out, looks great. If the original speaker panel is a deal killer for anyone I think I have some spare ones of my design in the garage.

I have one as well. But I have to re-print them.

#4 9 years ago

Nice looking shadow GLWS!

#5 9 years ago

That custom translite artwork is absolutely beautiful. Fantastic job!

Later,
EV

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Thanks its hard to take pics of the "shadows" created behind the translite. Will have to use your imagination and use the light layout as a reference lol. I may reprint a DMD decal if the buyer wants the complete set. It would just go over the existing panel.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Later,
EV

Agreed - love it!

#8 9 years ago

I frickin' love that translight man, good job.

#9 9 years ago

th-675.jpegth-675.jpeg

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I frickin' love that translight man, good job.

Quoted from Pinballrus:

Agreed - love it!

Thanks Hope it helps.

#11 9 years ago

Very nice TS. Good job on the Translite and GLWS!

#12 9 years ago

Looks really nice. I think this is definitely a title I want to try at some point. Everyone has said it is a great machine and I loved the movie.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from GreyhoundAggie:

Looks really nice. I think this is definitely a title I want to try at some point. Everyone has said it is a great machine and I loved the movie.

It's a great game. Only reason I am selling it, is because I need room for Harrison Ford. Alec Baldwin was nice enough to offer his spot

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

It's a great game. Only reason I am selling it, is because I need room for Harrison Ford. Alec Baldwin was nice enough to offer his spot

There's room for both in my game room. I'm looking for a stock one, though. Price and shipping are putting this one out of my range. I think your price is a lot more reasonable for this title compared to other asking prices as of late.

Again GLWS and have another bump for a good looking game

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

There's room for both in my game room

My game room has already overflowed into the living room and garage. Lol, The only way I can get a new pin is by swapping one.

#16 9 years ago

Your work itranslite amazing and could fool someone not in the know would mistake it for stock. Wish I was not out of space, very nice looking pin.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Other than Aurich's translite, your work is amazing and could fool someone not in the know would mistake it for stock. Wish I was not out of space, very nice looking pin.

Thanks My wife has been trying to convince me to not sell the pin. But my desire for Indiana Jones has always been my holy grail. So the sooner I can sell Shadow the sooner I can get my holy grail.

#18 9 years ago

Amazing translite bump.

#19 9 years ago

Beautiful translite!!!

#20 9 years ago

Dude you f*king nailed the translite!....are you going to make more? I absolutely love the look. Now you have to make the speaker panel too. Let me know if you do make another so I can sell Aurich's....LOL

Just messing with Aurich...he had it coming.

#21 9 years ago

The DMD panel that I can make is a decal. The other one I made that I accidentally destroyed had square speakers with added mesh. The difference is, my translite is a B**tch to make lol which is why I never made more. I made this in 2013. It takes my wife and I both to assemble it. It has multiple layers. I made two translites, one gloss and one with my translite film which is matte finish that is then gloss laminated. However, my photo gloss version is better in my opinion. For both of them I reverse printed a 3mil decal to the back. This is hand positioned with a light table to match. This is just like the EM's glass that had a layer of blackout or color painted/screened on the back. This makes all the black 100% black. Then, I add accent to red, orange etc. It's more of a home brew with a guy that has a plotter type translite lol.

#22 9 years ago

This is the DMD that I made that I accidentally destroyed. I was working on it, accidentally put down adhesive in the wrong spot and it was then destroyed via my frustration. lol Sorta like Young Frankenstein when he got upset and smashes something.

NOT the printed colorsNOT the printed colors

#23 9 years ago

As an analogy this is what I did to the DMD panel posted above.

giphy (5).gifgiphy (5).gif

#24 9 years ago

This is the DMD that I made that I accidentally destroyed. I was working on it, accidentally put down adhesive in the wrong spot and it was then destroyed via my frustration. lol Sorta like Young Frankenstein when he got upset and smashes something.

DMD.jpg 109 KB

It's very nice but I would make the green match the green on the apron and translite.

#25 9 years ago

wow...that translite is incredible

#26 9 years ago

ahh yes, I forgot to mention that is not the green that prints. Just one of my files. When I print on the matte translite film I have to over saturate everything. When I print on the gloss, I don't. So, the green you get in the file, is not the green that you get when you print. if that makes sense.

trying to find some photos, but I have not touched these files or the photos since 2013 and that may not even be the PSD that I even used lol But its a much darker green. As well, I really don't think I will be making any DMD panels or future Translites. The one in this machine will be the only one. Aurich's DMD panel is mostly neutral colors. So it would also work if the buyer needs one.

#27 9 years ago

Aurich's DMD panel is mostly neutral colors. So it would also work if the buyer needs one.

I like your speaker panel, it obviously matches your design more closely than mine will, but what I did is dark blue with a gold accent plate, so it would actually match up decently with that background pattern you did, better than the OEM one at least.

Anyways, just offering if anyone is hesitant about the stock speaker panel, you did an awesome job on your translite, and your machine looks great, someone will enjoy it.

Just PM me if you want to talk about it, don't want to derail this sale thread.

#28 9 years ago

Sale pending. He requested that I make the DMD decal.

#29 9 years ago

Sale pending. He requested that I make the DMD decal.

Nice. Someone is getting a sweet custom Shadow.

#30 9 years ago

I've been looking around for this title, lately. I think you had a very good price for your game. Lots of beat up ones floating around with a list price near $3K. Yours actually looks worth it. Again, kudos on the amazing custom work and for passing it along at a good price.

#31 9 years ago

Yeah, the last few weeks I have seen some shadows sell for a lot more with melted plastics, horrible magnet hole and dirty.

#32 9 years ago

Nice looking game, awesome translite

#33 9 years ago

Sadly, I think my window may have passed on this title. I like it, but I don't like it for more than $2500.

I may get lucky and eventually find a stock one, but it doesn't look promising anymore

#34 9 years ago

Yeah, mine cost me 2800.00 and I had to pay 400 for shipping. I then added the new translite and LEDs and a few other mods suchs as green flashers and flipper bats. Also plan on chroming the various parts. I guess I'll be looking at a 4K shadow pretty soon.

#35 9 years ago

Yowza. BTW, the habtrails look amazing rebronzed!

#36 9 years ago

Best looking alternate Shadow translite yet!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Sadly, I think my window may have passed on this title. I like it, but I don't like it for more than $2500. I may get lucky and eventually find a stock one, but it doesn't look promising anymore

Well if you're willing to take one that needs some work, here's one listed at $2300:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-shadow-ia-2500#post-1833217

But if you're looking for one in nice shape, I'd agree that market price is now north of $2500. (I say this as someone that spent a lot of time looking at Shadow listings last fall/winter).

#38 9 years ago

I saw that one, but the shipping would put it right back up there, unfortunately.

I saved, traded up for TOTAN and IJ when this one was going for 1200-1600. I just didn't get back to it fast enough.

It's only pinball after all. If I decide I have to have it, i'll find the extra money for it.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Well if you're willing to take one that needs some work, here's one listed at $2300:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-shadow-ia-2500#post-1833217

But if you're looking for one in nice shape, I'd agree that market price is now north of $2500. (I say this as someone that spent a lot of time looking at Shadow listings last fall/winter).

Considering this as an example. In comparison I think the price I am selling mine is a more than fair price. It has gotten very popular over the year or so, that is for sure. But ever since I bought mine, I never saw another one for sale in my area.

#40 9 years ago

Actually more than fair IMO.

#41 9 years ago

Considering this as an example. In comparison I think the price I am selling mine is a more than fair price. It has gotten very popular over the year or so, that is for sure. But ever since I bought mine, I never saw another one for sale in my area.

Agreed! Didn't mean to imply yours was unfairly priced, the $700 price differential is in my opinion more than accounted for by excellent condition and full functionality (not to mention the cool alt. translite). I was just saying that anyone looking for a sub-$2500 Shadow will likely have some serious cleanup/restoration work ahead of them if they want an end product as nice as yours.

#42 9 years ago

If it helps any, I recently paid more for a Shadow and it only came with Aurich's translite (I kid,I kid) . But it did have no sanctum wear and that Nimblepin touch. With lesser titles going for twice that much, I think the OPs asking price is more than fair.
Hard to get tired of playing Shadow, especially one that works.

#43 9 years ago

I have a few questions for you guys. This will be my first pin I have ever sold. Out of respect for the fellow pinsider I will not mention his username in the thread as he has not yet commented or gave me permission to do so. He seems like a nice guy so I look forward to a nice transaction. The buyer has decided to ship, legs on. Do you guys have any advice to help make my first sell a good one for both the buyer and the seller? I am trying to be as helpful as possible. Want my first sell to be a good experience if I ever have to do it again.

#44 9 years ago

I just sold for the first time when the buyer wanted to ship. It went well I just had to put the head down and secure NAVL came took it out with legs on the two guys who came to my home did a great job of packing it they put cardboard on the legs and 3 blankets around it and then put the shrink wrap. I offered they guys cokes and water and tried to do everything I could so they would pack it as well as possible. I only offered wire transfer to my bank or cashiers check for payment. The wire transfer went well. Good Luck

#45 9 years ago

I am using PayPal, I just required a verified account + fees. I heard some horror stories where the seller got ripped off. But, tho I have never met the pinsider he seems to have been a member for awhile and has made comments etc. So I should not have to worry.

#46 9 years ago

I am using PayPal, I just required a verified account + fees. I heard some horror stories where the seller got ripped off. But, tho I have never met the pinsider he seems to have been a member for awhile and has made comments etc. So I should not have to worry.

I did my only Pinball sale long-distance and with Paypal. You're putting yourself at the buyer's mercy to an extent, so you'll want to have a clear understanding that they'll a) work out any issues with you directly before going through Paypal, b) will only seek redress through Paypal for clear discrepencies between how you advertised and photographed the machine and how it appears in person, and c) will not seek redress through Paypal for shipping-related damage (which would be between the buyer and NAVL).

Of course this will all require trust on your end, but in my case I had a number of long talks with the buyer, confirmed that he had asked every question he could conceivably have about the machine, and was comfortable based on his rep. here that he would only try to get money back through Paypal if I had badly mischaracterized the machine, hid obvious damage, etc.

#47 9 years ago

I have a few questions for you guys. This will be my first pin I have ever sold. Out of respect for the fellow pinsider I will not mention his username in the thread as he has not yet commented or gave me permission to do so. He seems like a nice guy so I look forward to a nice transaction. The buyer has decided to ship, legs on. Do you guys have any advice to help make my first sell a good one for both the buyer and the seller? I am trying to be as helpful as possible. Want my first sell to be a good experience if I ever have to do it again.

I don't have tons of pin shipping experience, but I found this list of advice in another thread and thought it was helpful:

1. Shoot some video as close to the day of pickup as convenient showing a bit of gameplay, test menu run and a circuit of the machine to show cabinet condition. If possible include a newspaper to prove video was shot just before pickup.

2. Remove balls, bubble wrap them and ship them in the coinbox.

3. Insert backbox screw in factory hole to secure light board.

4. Fold the head down onto the rails with decent cardboard or other good padding in between.

4. Secure the head to the rails with a nylon tie or ratchet.

5. Be sure leg protectors are installed and tighten all leg bolts.

6. Spin in leg levelers all the way.

8. Print out a few "DO NOT FORKLIFT - HAND CARRY ONLY" signs, and ask the shippers to tape onto the machine once fully packaged.

#48 9 years ago

reading this now - https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection

Isn't having the buyer agree, confirm that the pin is sold as is. Some kind of buyer/seller agreement. for example if I put the item on my website. User has to agree and confirm to conditions wouldn't that secure me as a seller? Then again, I think this guy is trustworthy, so I should not have to worry. But nothing wrong with being a little safe than sorry.

#49 9 years ago

I'm the lucky pinsider that will get this nice example. I'm super excited about it and the op is great to work with. I've been looking for a Shadow since Aurich's amazing work. Unfortunately it became very hard to come by at that time. Glad I found a nice example. I have a feeling it's not going away any time soon.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from holmstarrunner:

Glad I found a nice example. I have a feeling it's not going away any time soon.

Congrats! Like I said, I paid more recently and my cab was far from perfect. But you don't play the cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-shadow-bay-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.