4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Zdoor
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2015-10-04-01-28-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-01-29-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-01-30-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-01-32-56.png
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I love what Pinball Refinery did to the game. Looks like they added a heck of a lot more plastics and green lights. Who's got this incredible pin in their home? Amazing.
    » YouTube video

Who owns the refinery edition? I like that package better.

#102 4 years ago

Some dude in California

#103 4 years ago

There's also one at the Dutch Pinball Musuem in Rotterdam

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

I think people are hoping that there is an affordable alternative to spending 20k to acquire this title...me being one of them. Definitely one of my dream titles and if it was reasonably close to me I would be trying to deal for it. There is no way I would spend that kind of $ and not be able to inspect it, play it, negotiate price and personally exchange $ for the machine. I would want to confirm its as described and 110%, There are just too many differences in opinions about condition for me to take the risk

If you're in the market might be worth hopping on a plane to check it out. Plane ticket would be a small fraction of the purchase price and you could make a nice little vacation out of it!

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If you're in the market might be worth hopping on a plane to check it out. Plane ticket would be a small fraction of the purchase price and you could make a nice little vacation out of it!

"Honey, I'm flying to Europe to look at a pinball machine......no, you don't understand, see it's a Johnny Mneumonic that has been reworked in to a Matrix! Yes, yes...it's still just a pinball machine...OK, OK...fine."

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

"Honey, I'm flying to Europe to look at a pinball machine......no, you don't understand, see it's a Johnny Mneumonic that has been reworked in to a Matrix! Yes, yes...it's still just a pinball machine...OK, OK...fine."

Just don't settle for a women you have to answer to.....problem solved... .............Joey

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love the Matrix but I'll wait to play it Expo. Looks pretty cool though.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this just a Re-Themed JM??

#108 4 years ago

I Dont know the exact number but there are atleast 6 johnny mnemonic games being converted into The matrix games, that being known, i cant call it an one off product, it is an dutch project made by the now same owner of the dutch pinball museum!

It is more or less an prestige project which became an reality after years of in the making!
    They couldnt being mass produced as the builder dont have the warner bros license to even do it at all.

But unlike kevin he didnt presold the game on a wide scale, what he did is made in or around ten games and sold them for 10K each.. And the project is done, he sold them to make a couple of co builders happy and some well known dutch buyers, and he got money back for producing the game, but i believe even thou it most have been a massive amount of work to build the matrix, i still believe that someone got paid!

And selling a converted johnny mnemonic into a P Roc the matrix game for 20.000$ is too much money IMO, but the owner holds the right to do so, good luck with that sell

#109 4 years ago

It's OK to break the copyright infringement law and buy this game (pinside law book) and not be turned into the authorities. But if you are completely unrelated to the scammer who made predator but just happen own the game now, even though you had zero to do with scamming anybody, you are a criminal who deserves to be doxxed and have the feds come strip your game away. Pinside logic. It's TOTALLY different!

BTW, I think this game is sweet and there's nothing wrong with owning it. Good luck with the sale.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

It's OK to break the copyright infringement law and buy this game (pinside law book) and not be turned into the authorities. But if you are completely unrelated to the scammer who made Predator but just happen own the game now, even though you had zero to do with scamming anybody, you are a criminal who deserves to be doxxed and have the feds come strip your game away. Pinside logic. It's TOTALLY different!
    BTW, I think this game is sweet and there's nothing wrong with owning it. Good luck with the sale.

Well, one big difference is that pinsiders didn't send the Matrix guys >$750k to build them a machine. So, while people are disappointed Matrix didn't go into production, there is no where near the sense of betrayal when you see the machine in someone else's hands.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Well, one big difference is that pinsiders didn't send the Matrix guys >$750k to build them a machine. So, while people are disappointed Matrix didn't go into production, there is no where near the sense of betrayal when you see the machine in someone else's hands.

Can't disagree with you there. I get that. I think that is the hypocrisy the other guy was trying to point out in the earlier posts though.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

The cost of a plane ticket wasn't really my point...

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

The cost of a plane ticket wasn't really my point...

Sorry, I thought you said you'd be "trying to deal for it" if you could inspect it first. Normally wouldn't make sense to cross the Atlantic to check out a game, but when it's a $20k game where less than ten exist and the likelihood of one ever coming up for sale in easy driving distance is remote ...

Regardless, I agree that it'd be great if the code and art files slipped out somehow so others could take a crack at making their own conversions.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I love what Pinball Refinery did to the game. Looks like they added a heck of a lot more plastics and green lights. Who's got this incredible pin in their home? Amazing.
    » YouTube video

That pin is owned by a customer in CA. It's awesome and doubt it will go anywhere.

The pins are very high quality with tons of custom work, art and code. There is only a few of them out there. Most are in Europe

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside