(Topic ID: 296046)

For sale: The Matrix

By fattrain

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Advertising (resized).jpg
    5B4056C1-84E9-4551-B2DC-ACC71FED5CF9 (resized).jpeg
    2AD943B4-447E-4BAE-9211-F0C8C62CB005 (resized).jpeg
    43791076-9F86-45BF-B974-A061DA74697D (resized).jpeg
    46574F49-75AA-438D-8CD4-1E44CF86741E (resized).jpeg
    99 Problems (resized).jpg
    wS7dwsy.gif

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

This ad has been removed from the market place.

#2 2 years ago

“Anything is possible”…

#4 2 years ago

Hot. Let me just go ahead and sell my entire collection BRB!

#5 2 years ago

wS7dwsy.gifwS7dwsy.gif

#6 2 years ago

Oh faaak, that’s steep even for a dream theme guy.

#7 2 years ago

This is funny! I've actually played this game as another PinSider had one in his home. Its actually well done

#8 2 years ago

I like that's its a consumer-friendly 99,999. Not 100,000, as that might scare away potential buyers.

#9 2 years ago

I was thinking about making an offer, but it's not OBO.

#10 2 years ago

As Agent Smith famously says in the movie, "Some pinsiders are a disease, a cancer of this planet."

#11 2 years ago

I like that it's "approximately" 1 out of 12... Like we're not sure if there's more.

#12 2 years ago

Does this even have custom code, or just a re-skin?

#13 2 years ago

Leaving money on the table, bruh!

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I like that it's "approximately" 1 out of 12... Like we're not sure if there's more.

Nothing is for certain in The Matrix

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Does this even have custom code, or just a re-skin?

re skin with custom code and call outs

#16 2 years ago

How did the major pin manufacturers not make this pin already?

#17 2 years ago

That's a lot of dough!

I wonder if Warner Bros. would want a piece of the action.

#18 2 years ago
    99 Problems (resized).jpg99 Problems (resized).jpg
    #19 2 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

re skin with custom code and call outs

Re-skin, added a magnet in playfield, and fully custom code running off a PROC and PC. The modes, music, call-outs etc are nothing like Johnny Mnemonic. Pinnovating did a truly amazing job with it.

Here’s an older thread documenting some of the original build process
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating

#20 2 years ago

Funny fact 2 of those pins sold here in the netherlands last year and the year before for 14500 euro and 18000 euro.. hmmm big margin like 85k more. Dus this must have Keanu bringing the machine himself....

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Re-skin, added a magnet in playfield, and fully custom code running off a PROC and PC. The modes, music, call-outs etc are nothing like Johnny Mnemonic. Pinnovating did a truly amazing job with it.
    Here’s an older thread documenting some of the original build process
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating

I knew there was custom code and call outs, but it shots exactly like JM I put about 6 games on this machine about a year a go...another pinsider in Los Altos has one

#22 2 years ago

50k by Christmas

#23 2 years ago

$99,999-- Is there even a Pinsider on here who would drop that much on a single machine? Thats like 10 TBL's worth of rehashed Jonny Mnemonic... a bit rich even for Iceman.

#24 2 years ago

lol ..... good luck

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a lot of dough!
    I wonder if Warner Bros. would want a piece of the action.

They already did! They send out that C&D letter which is why only 12 Matrix’s exist. It’s a BADASS theme. Integration is even better than Alien. Truly a badass game.

That being said absolute max between 15-25k for this title. It’s a dream theme but it’s also a reskinned Johnny mnemonic. It woulda been sweet if it was an original design, then integration could have gone even further.

Saw your first ad and noticed you originally left the forum option turned off. I was thinking how hilarious this would be if you had comments enabled.

#26 2 years ago

Wasn't this recently listed at $125,000 and came with two Johnny Mneumonic machines as a set? So I guess the two JMs are supposedly worth $25k? LOL.

#27 2 years ago

The Matrix is everywhere....

We can provide an autograph...

For 10k a person inc plain ticket and hotel we will fly over there and sign your game.

Team Matrix (-;

#28 2 years ago

Listing a game on Pinside while in the Matrix for $99,000 and making it a forum topic .....

46574F49-75AA-438D-8CD4-1E44CF86741E (resized).jpeg46574F49-75AA-438D-8CD4-1E44CF86741E (resized).jpeg

Edit: I wanted to add that FT is a solid dude! GLWTS my friend.

#29 2 years ago

Can people just stop stop taking class A drugs before posting for sale ads?

#30 2 years ago

Damn, I would offer 98,999 but it does not say OBO.

Shucks, guess I'm out.

#31 2 years ago

fattrain makes an appearance? Haven’t seen you in years. Hope you’re well.

#32 2 years ago

How about whoever made this just reach out quietly and sell the art package and code so someone can easily replicate this "reskin" on their own?

There's nothing actually here but a $3,000 Johnny Mnemonic, a couple thousand dollars in additional parts, the IP for the code that someone wrote, and the time it takes to make this conversion....With the assets, anyone could recreate this for well under $10k.

#33 2 years ago

Amazing game!! I was lucky to play one in Rotterdam at the Dutch Pinball museum. Fun game and very well done sound lights and graphics. Good luck!

2AD943B4-447E-4BAE-9211-F0C8C62CB005 (resized).jpeg2AD943B4-447E-4BAE-9211-F0C8C62CB005 (resized).jpeg43791076-9F86-45BF-B974-A061DA74697D (resized).jpeg43791076-9F86-45BF-B974-A061DA74697D (resized).jpeg5B4056C1-84E9-4551-B2DC-ACC71FED5CF9 (resized).jpeg5B4056C1-84E9-4551-B2DC-ACC71FED5CF9 (resized).jpeg
    #34 2 years ago

Shameless!!!! C'mon at the end of the day it's really just a blinged out JM; sorry this is maybe generously speaking worth 8k.

#35 2 years ago

This person must be a little off. Mentally.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

They already did! They send out that C&D letter which is why only 12 Matrix’s exist. It’s a BADASS theme. Integration is even better than Alien. Truly a badass game.
    That being said absolute max between 15-25k for this title. It’s a dream theme but it’s also a reskinned Johnny mnemonic. It woulda been sweet if it was an original design, then integration could have gone even further.
    Saw your first ad and noticed you originally left the forum option turned off. I was thinking how hilarious this would be if you had comments enabled.

Lol, definitely left the forum option originally turned off but when the re-listing opportunity came up I thought, screw it, let the people play! With all the people asking $30k for POTC's e.t.c. I thought why not let everyone have a little forum fun. Just keep it respectful. Much love.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Shameless!!!! C'mon at the end of the day it's really just a blinged out JM; sorry this is maybe generously speaking worth 8k.

Not saying it's worth $100k, but you're out of your element. Do some homework on this pin and come back.

I played one of these at CAX several years ago. It's the best custom pin ever made. Back then they were trading for $25k stateside.

#38 2 years ago

The optimist is pumped that there's a Matrix pin. The pessimist is sad there's 12 less Johnny Mnemonic's.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Not saying it's worth $100k, but you're out of your element. Do some homework on this pin and come back.
    I played one of these at CAX several years ago. It's the best custom pin ever made. Back then they were trading for $25k stateside.

I have common sense & sorry even 25K is utterly ridiculous!!

#40 2 years ago
    Advertising (resized).jpgAdvertising (resized).jpg
    #41 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

I have common sense & sorry even 25K is utterly ridiculous!!

Has nothing to do with common sense. I'm saying you don't know the rare pin market. Some pins are not for normal collectors. This is one of them. Ever heard of King Kong? Loch Ness Monster? Krull? Mermaid? Kingpin? Original BBB? Pinball Circus? Take a guess what those sell for.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-matrix-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.