4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Zdoor
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_2015-10-04-01-28-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-01-29-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-01-30-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-04-01-32-56.png
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

€ 18,000

for sale

The matrix

Added: October 3rd, 2015 Ended: October 6th, 2015

Item description

This is your chance to buy the matrix pinball machine.

All the info about this amazing game can be found here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating

The game is in perfect shape and can be shipped worldwide.

Item photos

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Utrecht, NL

Seller insights

These are Chuckie's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Chuckie's stats page

#2 4 years ago

I filled the cup.

#3 4 years ago

€ 18,000 = $20,178.00 USD + packaging + shipping + mods

#4 4 years ago

Where's all the outrAge that was in the Predator thread about selling copyrighted materal? Even going so far as posting the name and address of the person that bought the machine.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Where's all the outrAge that was in the Predator thread about selling copyrighted materal?

his name isn't kevin

#6 4 years ago

I love the Matrix but I'll wait to play it Expo. Looks pretty cool though.

#7 4 years ago

Played one of these at CAX. It's amazing.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love the Matrix but I'll wait to play it Expo. Looks pretty cool though.

Who's bring one of these to Expo?.... The Matrix is Awesome.

OP good luck with your sale, I can't believe you are selling it.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Where's all the outrAge that was in the Predator thread about selling copyrighted materal? Even going so far as posting the name and address of the person that bought the machine.

The outrage over Predator was that Kevin said he had the legal right to produce it. The buyers didn't know the risk they were taking because they were lied to. Big difference between these 2 situations.

#10 4 years ago

Wow..... do you accept offers?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from HemiOrange09:

Who's bring one of these to Expo?.... The Matrix is Awesome.
    OP good luck with your sale, I can't believe you are selling it.

It was listed on the Expo site as one of the boutique machines that was going to be there.

#12 4 years ago

Yes you can always make an offer, I have a minimum price, if that is hit it will be sold, if not it stays where it is.

#13 4 years ago

So would this still be copyright infringement or no? Wasn't that the big uproar in the Predator thread lately and why everyone was mad at the guy buying the prototype? I get that a lot of people got ripped off in the Predator situation and that's not happening here. Could be totally wrong, hope I am, just curious if this is different in some way.

#14 4 years ago

Gulp that is a price tag.
    Looks fantastic and fun wish I could play one. JM will have to due I guess.

GLWS this was a labor of love for sure

#15 4 years ago

I would buy, but it's JUST outside my driving radius.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

€ 18,000 = $20,178.00 USD + packaging + shipping + mods

if you have to ask how much .........

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from icust298:

So would this still be copyright infringement or no? Wasn't that the big uproar in the Predator thread lately and why everyone was mad at the guy buying the prototype?.

Why the questions? What's the problem? Are you upset that everyone isn't pissed at this dutch guy? Or are are you pissed that everyone was pissed at Kevin? Can you really not see the differences in these situations? Have you ever been to Utrecht, and if so do you agree with me that's it's a really cool city? And if so, were you at the recent Judas Priest Concert at Tivoli like me, and did you find it totally awesome? If you try really hard can you think of some reasons why THIS situation is different from the Predator one?

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Where? It was just posted, give it time.

First let me start by saying it is illegal. But it is different and will be treated so for a few reasons. It is one game and it is made. He is not collecting money to make and sell them to people. This is not an ongoing business. If it was on ebay he might be asked to take it down or get a C&D. Mostly, a one-off one time sale will not be worth getting lawyers involved.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why the questions? What's the problem? Are you upset that everyone isn't pissed at this dutch guy? Or are are you pissed that everyone was pissed at Kevin? Can you really not see the differences in these situations? Have you ever been to Utrecht, and if so do you agree with me that's it's a really cool city? And if so, were you at the recent Judas Priest Concert at Tivoli like me, and did you find it totally awesome? If you try really hard can you think of some reasons why THIS situation is different from the Predator one?

To me it is the hypocrisy of the whole thing. You have one guy who bought a prototype that violates copyright and there is a group here of people who do their damndest to involve him in a mess and strip him of the machine. Then you have another guy trying to flip a pin that violates copyright for $20,000 usd.

#20 4 years ago

Worth it. Lots of work. Time. Printing. Mods. If you don't like the price make your own and see how much it costs. My Johnny is aleady way past traditional value with the few things I have on it.

Who wants a 3k Johnny? No...OK...do it yourself...

#21 4 years ago

To which I mean good luck with the sale

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

To me it is the hypocrisy of the whole thing. You have one guy who bought a prototype that violates copyright and there is a group here of people who do their damndest to involve him in a mess and strip him of the machine. Then you have another guy trying to flip a pin that violates copyright for $20,000 usd.

Ok... So again , what you are saying is that you want to see more outrage over this proposed matrix sale? Or less outrage over the predator sale?

Or are you just outraged at the "hypocrisy" here?

What's the deal bro?

#23 4 years ago

BTW. What kevin did was decive people. There is no deceptions here

#24 4 years ago

Also you get a game for 20k. More than I can say for jpop or Kevin. Sonas far as it goes this is pretty honest.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

BTW. What kevin did was decive people. There is no deceptions here

There's a lot of reasons why this is apples and oranges but when you think you've come up with a clever angle you just gotta let it fly!!! Even if you have no real point beyond "but the hypocrisy!!"

#26 4 years ago

The problem with predator was many people got ripped off with deceit. There are lawsuits and legal issues ongoing. No where near the same issue as someone selling a one-off.

#27 4 years ago

I'll say it again....you got 20k you got a game.

#28 4 years ago

There are plenty one offs that have been sold. Goonies anyone?

#29 4 years ago

This is much different. This machine wasn't built with thousands of stolen dollars. It was made as a one off and sold as such. Predator was crowd funded by preorders then once the money was stolen the prototype was sold.

#30 4 years ago

You crazy....Levi

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's a lot of reasons why this is apples and oranges but when you think you've come up with a clever angle you just gotta let it fly!!!

#31 4 years ago

I don't know the history behind this game but I wonder if it would be worth it to offer this pin to Stern or JJP as a prototype game. Either of those companies can save a fortune in design costs/code, OP could get full $ for the one pin and the rest of us may have a chance to buy a Matrix pin in the future. Might be a win for everyone.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ok... So again , what you are saying is that you want to see more outrage over this proposed matrix sale? Or less outrage over the Predator sale?
    Or are you just outraged at the "hypocrisy" here?
    What's the deal bro?

Someone trying to flip a copyright infringement pin for ridiculous money, more than anything I have seen. There being a chance that this person is distributing a number of these under the guise that there is only one. Posting people's identies online and using bullshit casus belli to mess with them when most here would jump on it given the chance.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

I don't know the history behind this game but I wonder if it would be worth it to offer this pin to Stern or JJP as a prototype game. Either of those companies can save a fortune in design costs/code, OP could get full $ for the one pin and the rest of us may have a chance to buy a Matrix pin in the future. Might be a win for everyone.

If it's a remade JM, then it seems likely that this is a Williams license.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Sounds like you're looking for drama, just keep it over in one of the already poisoned threads.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Someone trying to flip a copyright infringement pin for ridiculous money, more than anything I have seen. There being a chance that this person is distributing a number of these under the guise that there is only one. Posting people's identies online and using bullshit casus belli to mess with them when most here would jump on it given the chance.

It's a one-off game that looks really cool, and it's for sale for a lot of money. Whatever I'm not really in the market for it.

All that other bullshit means nothing to me. Sorry the hypocrisy on display just doesn't upset me that much.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

if you are that upset about it, then start an anonymous group and notify Warner Bros. IP counsel.

#37 4 years ago

No real coin door????.....WTF.....I am out!....lol.......Beautiful game!

#38 4 years ago

Removed my comment. Not looking to crap on the sale. I was just participating in the conversation.
    Good luck with sale of this cool custom machine.

#39 4 years ago

Absolutely beautiful game! I could never imagine selling it!

Wish I could do it....Love that you chose one of the best themes, Matrix,
    and we have even titled our upcoming product release as such!

A really special pin here! 20 thumbs up!

#40 4 years ago

1 game, no preorder money was taken, totally different situation.. How many people have custom translites or scorecards on their games, how many mods are out there with no license.. Price is high, but no idea of time and cost to make it..

This is nothing like that aweful Preditor event, no one was lied to, or paid a bunch of money to be scammed buy a Liar who gave false information about having the rights to make several and sell for profits.

Glwts

#41 4 years ago

one off re-theme of a 10 year old franchise? The owners of the matrix IP should pay him for making the movie relevant again, especially after all the recent flops by the Wachowski brothers...err i mean siblings.

I have no vested interest in the Predator issue, but the little i have read here makes me believe they were all deceived into funding a project that was never approved for mass production vs a re-themed one off.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from Det_Deckard:

There aren't "a number" of these in the world to be distributed. Let's lay off the bs copyright talk and let the guy sell his game. Just because you can't afford the game doesn't mean you need to spoil it for everyone.

#43 4 years ago

This is an amazing pin. Curious, how many of them did they make? 4? Just really hard to swallow one pin being worth over $20,000, but then again, it's super rare, a theme everyone knows, and for some, $20,000 is a single paycheck.

#44 4 years ago

Good luck on the sale. Very cool custom mod to an already fun layout pin in JM. Value is what someone is willing to pay.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

..., and for some, $20,000 is a single paycheck.

insert funny comment here --> ____________________________________________________________

#46 4 years ago

Just look at bert in your avatar and I think you have an answer

#47 4 years ago

That's one of a kind.....but to rich for my blood

#48 4 years ago

First.....this is my dream pin....and yes I've played it. I must have put a dozen games on it at expo. But...I'm not a millionaire so this is not for me.

Second.....not entirely a "one of". I believe three? were made in total? One is in California right now and all I'll say is that the price was north of what MM used to sell for before MMr was announced.

Third - There really is no comparison between this and Predator. Kevin LIED to everyone. That was and remains the biggest issue.....well that and stealing everyone's money.

#49 4 years ago

Good skins and music but... in its bones it's still a JM. Which, of course, is a fun game, but a $20k game? I remember when this project was getting off the ground and everyone was excited about the prospects of a kit and then it all fizzled out. Sad to see this on the block as the end result of that project, but I guess everything is for sale at some point. Just sort of seems like foreclosure of a dream...

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from canea:

Good skins and music but... in its bones it's still a JM.

Clearly you have never played it. Of course it has the same layout as JM......but same game? Not even close. I owned a JM and The Matrix plays completely differently. It goes WAY beyond "skin and music". Hell they even added features like a playfield magnet. Very elaborate rules that are deeper than JM's. Not to mention the video animations and call outs.

Worth 20k? Well not to 99.99% of us.......but it only takes one. (Or is that "The One"?)

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside