View topic image gallery

873D20F4-4A86-4D20-959A-9B7A06CA1778 (resized).jpeg
08BE6064-A63F-4556-8764-54A38083070B (resized).jpeg
D5C8A9C6-AA66-4FF8-8EE5-326A534CC278 (resized).jpeg
chance (resized).JPG
ult2 (resized).jpg
ult3 (resized).jpg
ult1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Hot take, 6 months from now after a few code revisions and better callouts the game is going to be fun and a few people are going to want them and will pay $10k+ for them. Then folks will play it and realize how much better it's gotten and decide now they want one too and next thing you know, it's $12k for an ultraman.
It's just wishful thinking, but it happened on Stranger Things. It's also why I'm holding on to my UM at the moment, because I have the space and I just hope there's a chance at that.
Good luck with the sale.

Monumental difference between UM/HW and Stranger Things game play and mechs. ST was designed by the all time great Brian Eddie with endless ball flow and mechs. UM/HW has issues galore with no real mechs, because it was designed by the unknown “Koris Barlof”, lol. Let’s be real here. I feel for this seller, as he is taking a beating on a game he didn’t realize needed a great deal more development design wise. Sorry, but no amount of code will fix the basic flaws. Just as I didn’t know when I also purchased it.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

But that isn't exactly true. ST was panned for being samey, and monotonous by many when it was released. I indeed thought it was boring as well the few times I've played it. It also doesn't have THAT many mechs at all. It was basically a one trick pony that you just did over and over. Apparently (I haven't played it recently) the code updates finally at least made it more fun than it was at release, or the first year at that. That was why I posted what I posted. Maybe UMN can be fixed by code, maybe it can't, but he doesn't have the lock on what people think is fun and since he thinks all sterns are the best ever, and everything else is crap, his opinion on the matter is just trollish. The fact remains that it is still very early code wise.

You might be misunderstanding. Brian Eddy is a famous pinball designer and “Koris Barlof” is completely unknown with a first design in HW/UM. HW/UM design flaws cannot be fixed by code, which we all did not realize when we purchased, because we did not see any game play streams. In fact, Spooky hid the game play from us for weeks, after we made the purchases. Charlie just stated, next game we will be able to see game play before ordering, so he also knows they pulled a fast one.

Not here to debate whether ST is better or not. I personally did not buy ST, but the point others were posting here is that maybe UM/HW can be turned around like ST was through code. I wish that were true, since I too purchased and want UM. ST’s basic game flow and design is Attack From Mars, also made by Brian Eddy. He stated ST was indeed AFM 2.0, which is usually ranked number 2 all time, famous for its game flow, etc. ST could be turned around through code updates because of flow, mechs, etc. Yes, ST has several unique interesting mechs. Try the play on a Prem/LE today and you’d know what I’m talking about. It is far from “samey or monotonous”, but interesting, flowing, fast and fun. Wish I would have purchased it, as LE’s are now selling for as high as $20k, if one can be found. Still hoping code will become top notch on such an awesome theme as Ultraman.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

So what can’t be fixed by code that doesn’t boil down to your personal preference? And hopefully it’s not just the completely overblown issue with the ball lifters.
BM66 (clunk-fest) and GB (cheap drain-fest) are games that I’d say couldn’t be fixed with code but plenty of people disagree and they are both highly rated.
There is nothing wrong with the shot geometry on UM/HWN , it’s just not a flow game, but is smooth and different.

Layout design flaws are not a personal preference issue. Just read a review from a guy that has experience with some of the layout problems. Here is what he said, “I enjoy Alice Cooper and TNA. Not a big fan of Rick and Morty.

I played Halloween before ever listening to a K take and I found it very disappointing. Way too simple or an core layout and those plastic pop ups are off putting and seems like an afterthought. The ramps are crazy wide and feel more like a choice than a challenge. The subway thing is disorienting. Progressing through the right side tiers felt crampt and regretful they stole so much space from the main playfield.

It just feels like playing 1/2 a pinball machine, literally.”

His take seems to be apparent from what is also seen on game streams.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

“Before listening to the K take…”
This person lost all credibility even mentioning that guy as a potential point of reference.

Lol, Kman doesn’t even have a pinball machine to play. He enjoys flipping them more than playing, lol.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-incredible-ultraman-ce-8250?tu=thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.