View topic image gallery

873D20F4-4A86-4D20-959A-9B7A06CA1778 (resized).jpeg
08BE6064-A63F-4556-8764-54A38083070B (resized).jpeg
D5C8A9C6-AA66-4FF8-8EE5-326A534CC278 (resized).jpeg
chance (resized).JPG
ult2 (resized).jpg
ult3 (resized).jpg
ult1 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: The Incredible Ultraman CE!!! $8250

Added: 2022-01-20 02:28:01 UTC • Ended: January 27th, 2022
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 8,250 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

18 plays. Perfect condition.

The cheapest this game comes is $9350 shipped. I'm selling this for $8250 which would be like selling the $2000 pre-order spot for $900....except you actually get the game now!!! Whoa!!! Totally awesome!!!!!

I can ship this machine, deliver this machine within a reasonable distance, and I can also juggle quite well. I'm also a Scorpio and enjoy water sports.

I accept cash, wire transfer, gold/silver, and things that go bang! (not your wife, we know she doesn't bang anymore).

I'm also open to trades (not wives, just pinball machines).

Hit me up and grab the most sought after game at the moment!!!!!

Item photos

ult1 (resized).jpg
ult2 (resized).jpg
ult3 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are NightTrain's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to NightTrain's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 8,000

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Sioux Falls, SD, US

#3 2 years ago

Does it come with both cup holders? Asking for a friend.

#4 2 years ago

Sorry. I need both of those cup holders when I play pinball. I have three young children that drive me to drink after they go to bed.

I'll sweeten the pot here though. I'll pay $5 towards the buyer's first month of Kaneda's super special member's only podcast. That way you get more of that sweet sweet Kaneda pinball nectar. You're welcome. You....are....welcome....

#5 2 years ago

Dude you had me rotfl!

#6 2 years ago

Lost around 2500 selling my Ultraman CE with Butter cabinet this week.
Took forever to sell it.

Spooky needs to hire a real designer and software programmer!

#7 2 years ago

Why release a game if it's not ready?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

Because they all sell out instantly.

#9 2 years ago

I would probably hold on to this in hopes of an epic code update increasing the value

#10 2 years ago

This is a great deal!!

#11 2 years ago

I tip my hat to your humor on this post lol. Nicely done

Good luck on the sale

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from UFO:

Why buy a game until you have seen it, played it, like it. ?

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Why buy a game until you have seen it, played it, like it. ?

Quoted from Krupps4:

Because they all sell out instantly.

#14 2 years ago

Josh is a good seller, and this is a killer deal.

I’ve never played Ultraman, but I own and love Halloween, and I hear they’re very similar.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I would probably hold on to this in hopes of an epic code update increasing the value

This is definitely something that has run through my mind. I'm just out of space and have Rush and Cactus Canyon incoming.

I can already hear the voices asking why I'm open to trades then? Because if it's a sweet trade in my favor, or a game I've been looking for, I can sell one of my other games to make room.

It's quite possible that once the code matures, the value on this game bounces back up. Who the hell knows really. I sold my Amazon stock when it was at $400, so I'm already used to the feeling if it happens!

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Josh is a good seller, and this is a killer deal.

Definitely one of the good guys in the hobby. GLWS!

#17 2 years ago

Hot take, 6 months from now after a few code revisions and better callouts the game is going to be fun and a few people are going to want them and will pay $10k+ for them. Then folks will play it and realize how much better it's gotten and decide now they want one too and next thing you know, it's $12k for an ultraman.
It's just wishful thinking, but it happened on Stranger Things. It's also why I'm holding on to my UM at the moment, because I have the space and I just hope there's a chance at that.
Good luck with the sale.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Hot take, 6 months from now after a few code revisions and better callouts the game is going to be fun and a few people are going to want them and will pay $10k+ for them. Then folks will play it and realize how much better it's gotten and decide now they want one too and next thing you know, it's $12k for an ultraman.
It's just wishful thinking, but it happened on Stranger Things. It's also why I'm holding on to my UM at the moment, because I have the space and I just hope there's a chance at that.
Good luck with the sale.

Hot take: This will not happen.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Good luck with the sale.

chance (resized).JPGchance (resized).JPG
#20 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hot take: This will not happen.

I agree, Stranger Things is still a trash game.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

It's also why I'm holding on to my UM at the moment, because I have the space and I just hope there's a chance at that.

Changed your mind?

#22 2 years ago

Forgot to post the audits picture. Check it out! She’s barely legal!!!

D5C8A9C6-AA66-4FF8-8EE5-326A534CC278 (resized).jpegD5C8A9C6-AA66-4FF8-8EE5-326A534CC278 (resized).jpeg
#23 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Good luck with the sale.

Big difference between Spooky and Stern. Based on my ACNC experience, was told there would be lots of polish. Turned out that my interpretation of polish didn't align with Spooky's. Halloween/Ultraman have the same programer as Alice. Good luck with the wait!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Lost around 2500 selling my Ultraman CE with Butter cabinet this week.
Took forever to sell it.
Spooky needs to hire a real designer and software programmer!

The programer that did R&M needs to be there full time.

#25 2 years ago

Wow, you finished the whole game in 18 plays! You must a good player....and more so if you did it with 2 drinks on the go.

Just doing the math now see what each game costed per depreciation.

Would have got you to deliver to New Zealand, but waiting on my one to come in the NZ shipment. Not long to go.

Good luck selling a fine looking machine.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It's quite possible that once the code matures, the value on this game bounces back up.

Ready to crash & burn
I never learn...

GLWS!

#27 2 years ago

With all the crazy For Sale posts recently I could read your initial post over and over again as just this post makes this even more enticing! Unfortunately I have no desire for this specific pin and were not close to each other, but your post is enough to cheer anyone up and your price is fantastic. GLWS! Funny I'm a Scorpio also and don't like water at all. Lol. Have a great day.

#28 2 years ago

Don’t tell anyone, but I’m actually a pieces. Scorpio just sounds cooler.

And if I’m being honest, it’s been a while since I took my juggling career seriously. Sixth grade was when I was at my juggling peak. All the chicks wanted my skilled hands on them…Back in those days, the girls were really into chubby kids with glasses and juggling skills. Man, how times have changed.

#29 2 years ago

Just curious how the 9350 is the cheapest if you bought it directly from Spooky and are going to pick it up

#30 2 years ago

I believe if you bought it directly from Spooky, they charged you sales tax. Plus I don't think they allowed pickups anymore due to covid.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure $9350 is the cheapest you'll get it to your door.

#31 2 years ago

I bought Halloween direct from spooky and Give or take, you are correct. Shipping was around $200 for me.

#32 2 years ago

Best for sale ad evah! THIS is how you sell a pin, bravo

#33 2 years ago

Nah, you can still have it if you want it. I'm just saying I'm hopeful that as the code matures later that it becomes a more appealing game for folks. If you dont buy it then I'll hold on to it and let the code improve. Might as well get some of my money's worth with plays on it.

Quoted from Frax:

Changed your mind?

#34 2 years ago

LOL, best listing on Pinside, love it, very funny

#35 2 years ago

The cup holders are loaded! We may just push her to 25 plays tonight!!!

08BE6064-A63F-4556-8764-54A38083070B (resized).jpeg08BE6064-A63F-4556-8764-54A38083070B (resized).jpeg
#36 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The programer that did R&M needs to be there full time.

Scott Danesi has a full time job with Pinball Life and does these games on a part time/contractor basis. Maybe Spooky approached him at one point of leaving his main source of income but even if they did, not everyone has the faith to do that like Charlie did to create Spooky. At the end of the day, Charlie created Spooky to make games they wanted to make not what someone else's vision of their creation may be no matter how great of a game maker/designer they may be. I don't think Scott is done collaborating on games with Spooky, just not going to be every game that they manufacture.

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree, Stranger Things is still a trash game.

Wtf are you talking about. The most popular game for everyone in our small collection. Hard trolling...

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Scott Danesi has a full time job with Pinball Life and does these games on a part time/contractor basis. Maybe Spooky approached him at one point of leaving his main source of income but even if they did, not everyone has the faith to do that like Charlie did to create Spooky. At the end of the day, Charlie created Spooky to make games they wanted to make not what someone else's vision of their creation may be no matter how great of a game maker/designer they may be. I don't think Scott is done collaborating on games with Spooky, just not going to be every game that they manufacture.

Programmer and designer are different ppl.

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Programmer and designer are different ppl.

True, for some reason I thought he was talking about TNA. I think Eric is in the same situation where he has a full time job outside of programming games.

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Wtf are you talking about. The most popular game for everyone in our small collection. Hard trolling...

You would be correct, I was indeed trolling the troll.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Good luck with the sale.

Monumental difference between UM/HW and Stranger Things game play and mechs. ST was designed by the all time great Brian Eddie with endless ball flow and mechs. UM/HW has issues galore with no real mechs, because it was designed by the unknown “Koris Barlof”, lol. Let’s be real here. I feel for this seller, as he is taking a beating on a game he didn’t realize needed a great deal more development design wise. Sorry, but no amount of code will fix the basic flaws. Just as I didn’t know when I also purchased it.

#42 2 years ago

GLWS bump -
Is the audit menu on UM currently a copy and paste from Halloween?
873D20F4-4A86-4D20-959A-9B7A06CA1778 (resized).jpeg873D20F4-4A86-4D20-959A-9B7A06CA1778 (resized).jpeg

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Monumental difference between UM/HW and Stranger Things game play and mechs. ST was designed by the all time great Brian Eddie with endless ball flow and mechs. UM/HW has issues galore with no real mechs, because it was designed by the unknown “Koris Barlof”, lol. Let’s be real here. I feel for this seller, as he is taking a beating on a game he didn’t realize needed a great deal more development design wise. Sorry, but no amount of code will fix the basic flaws. Just as I didn’t know when I also purchased it.

But that isn't exactly true. ST was panned for being samey, and monotonous by many when it was released. I indeed thought it was boring as well the few times I've played it. It also doesn't have THAT many mechs at all. It was basically a one trick pony that you just did over and over. Apparently (I haven't played it recently) the code updates finally at least made it more fun than it was at release, or the first year at that. That was why I posted what I posted. Maybe UMN can be fixed by code, maybe it can't, but he doesn't have the lock on what people think is fun and since he thinks all sterns are the best ever, and everything else is crap, his opinion on the matter is just trollish. The fact remains that it is still very early code wise.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

But that isn't exactly true. ST was panned for being samey, and monotonous by many when it was released. I indeed thought it was boring as well the few times I've played it. It also doesn't have THAT many mechs at all. It was basically a one trick pony that you just did over and over. Apparently (I haven't played it recently) the code updates finally at least made it more fun than it was at release, or the first year at that. That was why I posted what I posted. Maybe UMN can be fixed by code, maybe it can't, but he doesn't have the lock on what people think is fun and since he thinks all sterns are the best ever, and everything else is crap, his opinion on the matter is just trollish. The fact remains that it is still very early code wise.

You might be misunderstanding. Brian Eddy is a famous pinball designer and “Koris Barlof” is completely unknown with a first design in HW/UM. HW/UM design flaws cannot be fixed by code, which we all did not realize when we purchased, because we did not see any game play streams. In fact, Spooky hid the game play from us for weeks, after we made the purchases. Charlie just stated, next game we will be able to see game play before ordering, so he also knows they pulled a fast one.

Not here to debate whether ST is better or not. I personally did not buy ST, but the point others were posting here is that maybe UM/HW can be turned around like ST was through code. I wish that were true, since I too purchased and want UM. ST’s basic game flow and design is Attack From Mars, also made by Brian Eddy. He stated ST was indeed AFM 2.0, which is usually ranked number 2 all time, famous for its game flow, etc. ST could be turned around through code updates because of flow, mechs, etc. Yes, ST has several unique interesting mechs. Try the play on a Prem/LE today and you’d know what I’m talking about. It is far from “samey or monotonous”, but interesting, flowing, fast and fun. Wish I would have purchased it, as LE’s are now selling for as high as $20k, if one can be found. Still hoping code will become top notch on such an awesome theme as Ultraman.

#45 2 years ago

Koris Barlof is just a made up name that’s a play on Boris Karlof the famous monster movie guy.

I do believe it’s Charlie or a collective name for a group effort design at Spooky.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Forgot to post the audits picture. Check it out! She’s barely legal!!!
[quoted image]

18 plays ... is it really that bad?

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You would be correct, I was indeed trolling the troll.

Tiring.. same BS. Make a nasty comment about a pin or seller, then blame me for calling u out. Another passive aggressive gaslighting pinsider..

Great ad.. good luck with the sale. Dont push her over 40 or you'll have to post her on eHarmony or plenty of fish.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Tiring.. same BS. Make a nasty comment about a pin or seller, then blame me for calling u out. Another passive aggressive gaslighting pinsider..
Great ad.. good luck with the sale. Dont push her over 40 or you'll have to post her on eHarmony or plenty of fish.

You're completely misunderstanding. I was referring to Levi, who I initially responded to. Clearly the point I was making went over many's heads (which simply put was that code can fix things). Even after I explained it. However, speaking of tiring same BS, getting triggered because someone says they don't like a game you like is pretty...well you know.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

HW/UM design flaws cannot be fixed by code…

So what can’t be fixed by code that doesn’t boil down to your personal preference? And hopefully it’s not just the completely overblown issue with the ball lifters.

BM66 (clunk-fest) and GB (cheap drain-fest) are games that I’d say couldn’t be fixed with code but plenty of people disagree and they are both highly rated.

There is nothing wrong with the shot geometry on UM/HWN , it’s just not a flow game, but is smooth and different.

#50 2 years ago

Sale pending folks!

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-incredible-ultraman-ce-8250?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.