20170908_192938 (resized).jpg
20170908_192927 (resized).jpg
20170908_192919 (resized).jpg
20170908_192854 (resized).jpg
20170908_192833 (resized).jpg
20170908_192847 (resized).jpg
20170908_192907 (resized).jpg
20170908_193002 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#24 6 years ago

Wow I'm glad I got 6900 for mine. I hope the code develops bc there is something missing in the game that I can't quite put my finger on. Too many beast popups is one

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

It's funny...I did the same and had the opposite experience. I'm a movie guy and TH pulls me into the theatrical experience more than any other game. DI just felt "cartoon-y". But, pinball is totally subjective and that is the good and bad. I wouldn't sell mine for so little...but then again I wouldn't sell mine at all right now. Still loving it. FYI, I know people have said it doesn't have any/enough toys. That is so crazy wrong. 4 pop up beasts (individually controlled), 3 magnets, pops, slings, talking dragon, best light show of any game (have you seen the 2.0 fire effect?), and the thing everyone leaves out: each drop target is individually controlled which creates some very unique shot strategies. For instance, there is a mode where you have to hit the roaming drop target that goes across the playfield. Beasts will block shots sometimes causing you to combo (hit the ramp to lower the beast then hit the loop) etc. That "open" playfield fills up real quick once you get going. Anyhow...my no toys rant is over. I love this game. If you do, then you understand. If you don't I hope you have a game that you are equally as passionate about. That keeps the market flowing...right? Just need some games that I want to drop in price.

They just need some code updates that will put more impact on beating the modes. Only one mode to qualify for into the fire?

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

1 mode + Smaug multiball + beast frenzy + Arrive at Erribor+ collect all Dwarves = Into the Fire Arkenstone mode qualification.
All of the above + Into the fire = Barrel Escape
All of the above + Into the fire + Barrel Escape = Battle of the Five Armies
For Pete's sake, do not add anything else to qualify. I've only been to Battle of the Five Armies once, completed Into the Fire once (yeah eagles!!!) and only killed Smaug once. And I have the game set on 5 balls!
FYI: final wizard mode is pending...so that would be Into the Fire + Barrel Escape + Battle of the Five Armies...and people say not enough to do.
Oh...and there are 31 modes to play as well.

I understand that but only 3 of the 31 modes are needed to be completed to to get to battle of the five armies. There should be some sort of reward like "gift from the elves" or something when you complete say 5 modes or 10 ect.

I liked the game but it was still missing something that makes you want to press the button more than a few times a week.

#51 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

All the GB and acdc machines suddenly for sale, priced way less than before, and sitting for awhile now, and yet nobody's talking about them games tanking, or plummetting. Hobbit is over scrutinized for some reason. It's a simple supply and demand, nothing more. Hobbit, along with GB and acdc are all amazing games in their own way. However, with all the new games coming out each year, it's impossible for newer games that are still in production, to hold a high value. Once these games are out of production, then the values will settle. Acdc is a prime example of this theory to. Look at it's price history before and after the VE was announced. Anyway, my Hobbit will never leave, nor will my acdc. I would never buy a game worrying about the resale value. Buy games you want only because you want them.

Probably has alot to do with the original price of the game.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Pinsiders: Hobbit sucks cuz it has too many toys.
Pinsiders: Star Wars sucks cuz it's so bare.
LOL...this hobby.
BTW, there's a simple Beast difficulty setting makes it so they don't pop up as much..."problem" easily solved.

Hobbit doesn't have too many toys, it has too many annoying toys. The game needs a reason to play all 31 modes too. The popups are fun at first, but it's just not my taste in a game. Besides that, ramps are fun and I love that outside loop with the spinner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-hobbit-smaug?tu=Mfsrc791 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.