IMG_3184 (resized).JPG
IMG_3183 (resized).JPG
IMG_3180 (resized).JPG
IMG_3179 (resized).JPG
IMG_3185 (resized).JPG
IMG_3181 (resized).JPG
IMG_3182 (resized).JPG
IMG_3178 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: The Hobbit Smaug SE

Featured Ad

Added: 2017-04-17 21:49:45 UTC • Ended: May 4th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 7,100 (OBO)

Open for offers

Smaug SE
* spring steel ramp flaps
* pop up monster update
* ball trap update
* shaker motor

Would trade for Attack from Mars, Getaway, Aerosmith Prem/le/pro or Ghostbuster Prem/le/pro or WOZ.

In great condition. Walk out basement. Willing to ship, buyer to arrange.

Item photos

IMG_3178 (resized).JPG
IMG_3182 (resized).JPG
IMG_3181 (resized).JPG
IMG_3185 (resized).JPG
IMG_3179 (resized).JPG
IMG_3180 (resized).JPG
IMG_3183 (resized).JPG
IMG_3184 (resized).JPG
IMG_3214 (resized).JPG
IMG_3215 (resized).JPG
IMG_3216 (resized).JPG
IMG_3217 (resized).JPG
IMG_3218 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are huo's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to huo's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Clarkston, MI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

#2 7 years ago

Great price and a great seller!

#3 7 years ago

Bump for the after work crowd.

#4 7 years ago

Bump for the still here at work because it is only 4:30 crowd.

Great price!

#5 7 years ago

Way too cheap on Hobbit! Great game and no longer being made now I believe as well.

#6 7 years ago

Added it has a shaker motor. Standard feature, but Stern owners might not know.

#7 7 years ago

Steve Ritchie says Don't play with the buttons or play better. Does Keith have any cool speech in games?

#8 7 years ago

One of theses days. I just can't let go of my top games I love for one. GLWS

#9 7 years ago

Bump

#10 6 years ago

Sorry

#11 6 years ago

Opening up to a WOZ or GB pro or Aerosmith pro trade.

#12 6 years ago

Bump

#13 6 years ago

Here is a bump...I want it to sell so I can stop eye balling it. And being 3 1/2 way from you in two weeks makes it tough.

#14 6 years ago

Thought you went after a different game? You're welcome to stop by for a game of pin if in the area.

#15 6 years ago

I did buy one. I was looking for someone else but I am thinking I might want one.

#16 6 years ago

Ill do 7100 cash. Had a Tron, that one looks nice. But moving on.

#17 6 years ago

That's bumptastic man!

#19 6 years ago

Oh yeah, looking for a decent Getaway too!

#20 6 years ago

Added trade opportunity for an Attack from Mars

#21 6 years ago

If you'll take CAD at par, consider it sold! Lol

GLWS great price.

#22 6 years ago

I have a GB Prem but distance probably makes it too hard to coordinate. Hit me up if you want to try and work something out.

#23 6 years ago

Wow. bad time to sell Hobbit I guess. Never thought I'd lose money on mine but I guess it is possible...that is if I ever decide to sell (not likely currently)

GLWS. Someone is getting a lot of game for the money at this price.

#24 6 years ago

It took me awhile to sell mine and I had to go down to $6200 and it wasn't instant. That was on this forum earlier this year.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

It took me awhile to sell mine and I had to go down to $6200 and it wasn't instant. That was on this forum earlier this year.

You sold way too low. I sold a smaug several weeks ago for 7500. No way it would take more than a few mins to sell at 6200.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have a GB Prem but distance probably makes it too hard to coordinate. Hit me up if you want to try and work something out.

I'm right in Indiana between both of you if you guys need a middle man happy to serve.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Wow. bad time to sell Hobbit I guess. Never thought I'd lose money on mine but I guess it is possible...that is if I ever decide to sell (not likely currently)
GLWS. Someone is getting a lot of game for the money at this price.

Once it's out of production and final code refinements drop...and more people get to play it, its reputation will solidify and price should reflect that.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm right in Indiana between both of you if you guys need a middle man happy to serve.

I am always looking for an excuse to visit and eat at DT Kirby's

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Your game was a routed Standard right? I paid $7,000 for my HUO LE and i would definitly pick up this SE at asking price without hesitation if i didnt have one already.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Once it's out of production and final code refinements drop...and more people get to play it, its reputation will solidify and price should reflect that.

JJP MUST make the game better if demand is to increase at the current price.

When production ends, the price won't automatically increase unless many people want one. If JJP is planning to end production, it doesn't indicate that many more people want one. JJP has less incentive to improve code if it's out of production.

Future demand is unknown, but right now I see more FS ads at lower prices, revealing the current market price.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

JJP MUST make the game better if demand is to increase at the current price.
When production ends, the price won't automatically increase unless many people want one. If JJP is planning to end production, it doesn't indicate that many more people want one. JJP has less incentive to improve code if it's out of production.
Future demand is unknown, but right now I see more FS ads at lower prices, revealing the current market price.

That's my point. Current market. Lets be real: not many people have PLAYED IT. To its detriment, the license wasn't as beloved as LOTR, and people made up their mind watching gameplay on youtube or listening to early show opinions. People who have played it might have played one with the early crappy ramp flaps or first-run wireforms. This makes the game play shitty. However, playing the game with the black ramp flaps and updated wireforms & Keith's current code is incredible. It probably really only needs one more code tweak to be 100%...but as it stands, the code, depth, modes, and presentation are incredible. But - not many of experienced how incredible it is - hence the lack of interest. This game needs time for people to discover it....and once that happens it'll be out of production. When it's out of production and demand goes up...that's when prices stop dipping.

The game is a Keith Johnson masterpiece....and like TSPP and LOTR, sometimes that isn't clear from the first handful of plays. You need to spend some time with it to really get it...some people don't have the patience. However if you have a little patience you will be rewarded.

#32 6 years ago

This is a fantastic price. We delivered a Smaug SE to a customers home last Thurs and he paid $9K.

#33 6 years ago

Uploaded some pictures of possible wear spots to show condition. Looks good to me

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's my point. Current market. Lets be real: ot many people have PLAYED IT. To its detriment, the license wasn't as beloved as LOTR, and people made up their mind watching gameplay on youtube or listening to early show opinions. People who have played it might have played one with the early crappy ramp flaps or first-run wireforms. This makes the game play shitty. However, playing the game with the black ramp flaps and updated wireforms & Keith's current code is incredible. It probably really only needs one more code tweak to be 100%...but as it stands, the code, depth, modes, and presentation are incredible. But - not many of experienced how incredible it is - hence the lack of interest.

I experienced it at Expo 2016 and Louisville 2017, just a couple months ago. As much as I want to like the game, I just can't get into it. The playfield design is not incredible; it is not even good. I don't like the way the game shoots and I don't really care about the theme. The software is great but it can't make up for the empty playfield. Bring on DI and game #4!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I don't like the way the game shoots and I don't really care about the theme.

Surprisingly I had this experience too when I played at expos. Incline and ball speed were low and slow. In the home environment it does change and makes you appreciate the game more. Also playing on a game with the center post helps as well. Graphics are amazing too.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Surprisingly I had this experience too when I played at expos. Incline and ball speed were low and slow. In the home environment it does change and makes you appreciate the game more. Also playing on a game with the center post helps as well. Graphics are amazing too.

I had the same experience, it was terrible at Allentown last year. Also had the same experience with WOZ in the wild, but in a home environment where you can better appreciate the sound and light show, the games are like night and day.

#37 6 years ago

As of now, my Hobbit will never leave. Great price for an epic game. Does need another code update, but still deeper than most games already. Glws

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You sold way too low. I sold a smaug several weeks ago for 7500. No way it would take more than a few mins to sell at 6200.

I sold my Hobbit Smaug with many upgrades for $7250, and it took several weeks and I had to deliver and set it up!

#39 6 years ago

Move along nothing to see here.

#40 6 years ago

Oh I forgot to sale pend this.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It was listed for a month UNDER $6800. Believe me, people weren't buying. This is the standard edition.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Your game was a routed Standard right? I paid $7,000 for my HUO LE and i would definitly pick up this SE at asking price without hesitation if i didnt have one already.

I mean if you call 200 plays "routed" sure. My store charges $1 a play on it and we didn't get many plays to begin with. Honestly I see games more trashed and played in people's home then new ones I have and put in my store.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I sold my Hobbit Smaug with many upgrades for $7250, and it took several weeks and I had to deliver and set it up!

Game values depend largely on region and timing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-hobbit-smaug-se-1?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.