IMG_3859 (resized).jpg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3855 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
IMG_3853 (resized).jpg
IMG_3854 (resized).jpg
IMG_3852 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: The Hobbit Black Arrow HUO like new

Added: 2019-01-20 16:18:39 UTC • Ended: January 28th, 2019
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 7,000

Item description

Like new Hobbit, perfect condition, no issues. Less than 100 games played on it. This is the black arrow edition. Machine is on version 3.10 and is a beautiful pin. The only trade I would be interested in would be low use HUO Attack From Mars Remake LE, or a Monster Bash Remake SE/LE. I’d also offer some cash in either trade along with hobbit.

Buyer pays shipping.

Item photos

IMG_3852 (resized).jpg
IMG_3853 (resized).jpg
IMG_3854 (resized).jpg
IMG_3855 (resized).jpg
IMG_3856 (resized).jpg
IMG_3857 (resized).jpg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpg
IMG_3859 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are f3honda4me's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to f3honda4me's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Colgate, WI, US

#2 5 years ago

Is pirates overshadowing this one for you now? Just a great game! Good luck.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is pirates overshadowing this one for you now? Just a great game! Good luck.

Family isn’t enjoying hobbit as much as me, so going to sell it for one that we all enjoy.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

What are you looking to get?

AFMr LE preferably, otherwise an MBr SE

#6 5 years ago

This is my old game. Looks like new.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

This is my old game. Looks like new.

yep and this was bought new from kingpin a couple months ago.

#8 5 years ago

Also if I cannot sell locally I’ll consider shipping it. Buyer arranges and pays shipping.

#9 5 years ago

Offering shipping now. Buyer pays shipping. Price lowered to $7500 as well.

#10 5 years ago

What is with the downvotes? Do people not like the game, the price or the seller?

#11 5 years ago

WOW. This is a good deal - I would consider even selling my Smaug to flip for this one!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

What is with the downvotes? Do people not like the game, the price or the seller?

No idea honestly, maybe because I had the original price at $8k which was too high? Not sure. Lawnboy could vouch for me though.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I'm guessing it's because of the price. Not to be a debbie downer, and not to devalue my own game, but the price is still too high for the market unfortunately. I don't get it, because The Hobbit is an incredible game. I listed my HUO Smaug with some upgrades and found there was interest at $6800. I decided not to sell it, because it's way too good of a game for $6800. I can't think of another game out there that has more to offer for that price. There are some haters of this game (I was one!) that really haven't put the time in on newer code to fully realize how amazing it is.

In my opinion, Smaug would fetch a higher price as well. Nicer armor, better art, limited run. Black arrows are still being made. Nothin limited about them.

I would say a real world price on this game is somewhere in the $6500-$7000 range.

Best of luck f3honda

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm guessing it's because of the price. Not to be a debbie downer, and not to devalue my own game, but the price is still too high for the market unfortunately. I don't get it, because The Hobbit is an incredible game. I listed my HUO Smaug with some upgrades and found there was interest at $6800. I decided not to sell it, because it's way too good of a game for $6800. I can't think of another game out there that has more to offer for that price. There are some haters of this game (I was one!) that really haven't put the time in on newer code to fully realize how amazing it is.
In my opinion, Smaug would fetch a higher price as well. Nicer armor, better art, limited run. Black arrows are still being made. Nothin limited about them.
I would say a real world price on this game is somewhere in the $6500-$7000 range.
Best of luck f3honda

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. I do want people to keep in mind this is pretty much brand new as well, it's immaculate. You can hardly even tell it's been played. Currently only 60 games played lifetime. NIB is going to be $8500 plus tax and possibly shipping.

Edit: I've set the price to $7000, as I do want to sell it at a fair market value price. But anything less I'd probably just keep it.

#15 5 years ago

Why the hell is everyone giving this game downvotes? Unless the game was initially priced higher than nib with an abundant supply for sale, it shouldn't have received one thumbs down. And since it wasn't, why the negativity? If you have no interest in buying one, if you dislike the game or even if you are in the market for one and this one isn't for you ... move on.

Great new price btw - glwts. Everybody can see this is now $1.5k below nib from PinballSTAR for a brand new game with 100 plays. Any downvoters that haven't moved on should revisit this thread and evaluate their distastefulness.

#16 5 years ago

The downvotes are from people who have not played the recent code, which changed the game 180 degrees. It is one of the GOATs now. Keep it!

#17 5 years ago

If this were in the SE US I'd be asking for forgiveness from SWMBO about now.........

#18 5 years ago

This is a steal. Hobbit is still my favorite.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why the hell is everyone giving this game downvotes? Unless the game was initially priced higher than nib with an abundant supply for sale, it shouldn't have received one thumbs down. And since it wasn't, why the negativity? If you have no interest in buying one, if you dislike the game or even if you are in the market for one and this one isn't for you ... move on.
Great new price btw - glwts. Everybody can see this is now $1.5k below nib from PinballSTAR for a brand new game with 100 plays. Any downvoters that haven't moved on should revisit this thread and evaluate their distastefulness.

The down votes came when the price was $8,000.

$7,000 for this machine is a great deal.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The down votes came when the price was $8,000.
$7,000 for this machine is a great deal.

Given that this is a for sale thread and not an opinion thread about the game means it should be evaluated accordingly. At original pricing it was $500 below nib. Maybe that is not enough discount for some, but it shouldn’t warrant a down vote. If it was $1000 over and they were hard to come by, the market might dictate a higher price, but in this case the supply is adequate and the game was marked down. Downvoting a for sale thread that is lower than list because you think it should be even lower is grasping at straws and exhibits poor etiquette imo.

However, now that the price has been slashed it should sell quickly.

#21 5 years ago

I know thumbs down don’t effect the sale but this is a for sale thread, not an opinion thread about the game. At original price it was $500 below nib. Maybe that is not enough discount for some, but it shouldn’t warrant a down vote imo. Maybe if it was $1000 over and they were hard to come, the market might dictate a higher price, but in this case the supply is adequate and the game was marked down. Downvoting a for sale that is lower than list is grasping at straws and exhibits poor etiquette.

The game is used so it should cost less than new. Also, the game is not in demand, so that dictates a lower price. Just because JJP wants an outrageous sum, that has nothing to do with what it can bring in the secondary market. I doubt that he will get anymore thumbs down since he lowered it from 8K to 7K. 7K is not a great price by any means, but it's not a total outrage either.

But as usual, it's not difficult to figure out if you're overpriced. If the game sits beyond a "reasonable" time, you're overpriced.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Some people here are assholes.

#23 5 years ago

For what it's worth when I listed this game I used the "suggest price" and pinside said $7700 if I recall. Regardless it's $7k now so hopefully someone snags it.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Some people here are assholes.

Don’t know if I’d go that far, but I got a bunch of downvotes for suggesting a LOTR LE was valued around $8000obo. One just sold for $7600, so I don’t know why the downvotes? I recently traded a mint huo Hobbit Smaug for under $6500, yours will probably sell for $6500-$7000
236923C7-7D8E-4A56-871C-3903FB9C1FF4 (resized).png236923C7-7D8E-4A56-871C-3903FB9C1FF4 (resized).png

#25 5 years ago

Given that this is a for sale thread and not an opinion thread about the game means it should be evaluated accordingly. At original pricing it was $500 below nib. Maybe that is not enough discount for some, but it shouldn’t warrant a down vote. If it was $1000 over and they were hard to come by, the market might dictate a higher price, but in this case the supply is adequate and the game was marked down. Downvoting a for sale thread that is lower than list because you think it should be even lower is grasping at straws and exhibits poor etiquette imo.

Why would it sell quickly? There has been a huo black arrow for 7k on klov for ages. There have been various smaug's for 7k or less on here that sat. Is it a huge discount relative to new? Sure, but the market spoke awhile ago on this. Its lumped in with houdini and rob zombie (and yes I own one because it was a huge discount over nib). Market is over saturated with low play huo games at a time when people want to sell and get the next newest thing. It sucks for people who buy and change their mind, but maybe people will learn to buy once they put time in and know they will keep it for a bit.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Why would it sell quickly? There has been a huo black arrow for 7k on klov for ages. There have been various smaug's for 7k or less on here that sat. Is it a huge discount relative to new? Sure, but the market spoke awhile ago on this. Its lumped in with houdini and rob zombie (and yes I own one because it was a huge discount over nib). Market is over saturated with low play huo games at a time when people want to sell and get the next newest thing. It sucks for people who buy and change their mind, but maybe people will learn to buy once they put time in and know they will keep it for a bit.

The most recent black arrow on pinside sold for $7k after 7 days earlier this month, so I hardly think I’m being unreasonable at this current price? If you don’t like the price just move along or say something constructive, rather than just downvote. Also please don’t make assumptions as to why I’m selling, thanks.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The most recent black arrow on pinside sold for $7k after 7 days earlier this month, so I hardly think I’m being unreasonable at this current price? If you don’t like the price just move along or say something constructive, rather than just downvote. Also please don’t make assumptions as to why I’m selling, thanks.

I said something constructive. You just don't like what I said. If you do not want people commenting on your sale ads, do not create a forum post. Forums are for discussion, both positive and negative.

As for why you are selling, you very clearly list in your ad that you would trade for new titles. That says you don't need the cash and are chasing the next game. Not much of an assumption when you say it yourself.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I said something constructive. You just don't like what I said. If you do not want people commenting on your sale ads, do not create a forum post. Forums are for discussion, both positive and negative.
As for why you are selling, you very clearly list in your ad that you would trade for new titles. That says you don't need the cash and are chasing the next game. Not much of an assumption when you say it yourself.

You misunderstood. You said something constructive now, yes. I was referring to before when you simply downvoted and said nothing.

You made the assumption that I “bought and changed my mind and didn’t put enough time in with the game before buying”. This is incorrect.

But ultimately why I’m selling really doesn’t matter. Thank you for posting actual feedback this time instead of simply downvoting and saying nothing. I adjusted my price because of the constructive feedback people posted, so I’m appreciative of that feedback. I have a pin I want to sell and when my price was too high people were kind enough to let me know, so I dropped the price.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Don’t know if I’d go that far, but I got a bunch of downvotes for suggesting a LOTR LE was valued around $8000obo. One just sold for $7600, so I don’t know why the downvotes? I recently traded a mint huo Hobbit Smaug for under $6500, yours will probably sell for $6500-$7000
[quoted image]

Wow that is harsh.

7k black arrow will not sell quickly. 7k Smaug will not sell quickly.

8k is way overboard hence the down votes. Nothing really to see here. OP adjusted based on market reaction. All is good.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You misunderstood. You said something constructive now, yes. I was referring to before when you simply downvoted and said nothing.
You made the assumption that I “bought and changed my mind and didn’t put enough time in with the game before buying”. This is incorrect.
But ultimately why I’m selling really doesn’t matter. Thank you for posting actual feedback this time instead of simply downvoting and saying nothing. I adjusted my price because of the constructive feedback people posted, so I’m appreciative of that feedback. I have a pin I want to sell and when my price was too high people were kind enough to let me know, so I dropped the price.

You know what, I'd buy you a beer for saying that. I did misunderstand, downvote is simply an easier way of speaking your mind without as many people getting up in arms. Being a stand up enough guy to admit you can take feedback is seemingly rare on here so props to you for being able to say that.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

You know what, I'd buy you a beer for saying that. I did misunderstand, downvote is simply an easier way of speaking your mind without as many people getting up in arms. Being a stand up enough guy to admit you can take feedback is seemingly rare on here so props to you for being able to say that.

Cheers my friend. As I grab my beer in my POTC pingulp while I watch my wife beat my score right now lol.

#32 5 years ago

I feel like I should have put imamculate and baywatch somewhere in my post

#33 5 years ago

My issue with down voting a for sale add post is that it may imply to others that it may not be a good seller. Plus, there are too many price police officers around here. They say let the market dictate then they try to dictate it. That's why I don't do the for sale threads. Just put the market add up and wait. Good luck with your sale on a great game. This seller has the best attitude I've seen in a while here.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I feel like I should have put imamculate and baywatch somewhere in my post

Taking off the legs and setting the pin on a cardboard box in the street usually helps the sale. This makes the pin truly imamaculate

AF72B9B1-BE6C-4139-AED7-27C072F377A1 (resized).jpegAF72B9B1-BE6C-4139-AED7-27C072F377A1 (resized).jpegC7ABEA5E-3537-44A7-89D7-B249799FA198 (resized).jpegC7ABEA5E-3537-44A7-89D7-B249799FA198 (resized).jpeg
#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Taking off the legs and setting the pin on a cardboard box in the street usually helps the sale. This makes the pin truly imamaculate [quoted image][quoted image]

LoL this is pure gold. Love it.

#36 5 years ago

I think your price is reasonable, but I would never sell my AFM LE for $7000 so to me that's not a good even trade. Good luck with sale!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

I think your price is reasonable, but I would never sell my AFM LE for $7000 so to me that's not a good even trade. Good luck with sale!

No I figure with my new price I’d have to offer cash along with hobbit in that case. Not too much though since there are still NIB AFMR LE available at some distributors for $7999.

#38 5 years ago

I have a Hobbit and would not let it go for under 7K. With the new code there is not many sub 7K games I would trade straight up for. Another option is to open up for more trade opportunities. Someone with a really nice 3k/4K/5K game that has a chance to appreciate in time ( TS, WW,STTNG,RBION) may trade with cash for you. Play that game a while and as it appreciates you can sell to try and recover some of your nut. Unfortunately, buying NIB with a pretty endless supply of NIB games coming from the OEM puts us all in this situation.
GLWTS

#39 5 years ago

Any downvoters that haven't moved on should revisit this thread and evaluate their distastefulness.

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, did we just invent "downvote shaming"?

It's quite simple. A downvote is a disagreement. It's not a death wish. It's not anyone hoping ill will. It's a disagreement. Plain and simple.

Original price was $8K. Black Arrows are not limited. Also Hobbit (despite how good the code may be) is not in high demand. One recently sold in the northeast for $5900. I know of two LE's that went for sub-$7K. So $8K for a used non-LE, and a title that is taking multi-$1000 hits on the secondary market is going to raise eyebrows. Again, do I wish OP gets hit by a bus? Of course not!!! It's just a freggin vote.

And to call the initial downvote "distasteful" is ridiculous. At the time, I felt it was warranted, and because this is a FORUM, where opinions are not only welcome, but we have a F'ing up/down vote system, I used said system. People shouldn't have to keep running tallies on their votes in the event of future changes (I bet Andrew Heighway still has upvotes for announcing Alien... want to go yell at them too?).

It's not distasteful to disagree with something, and no one should have to be shamed into changing a vote. I personally have removed my downvote because OP seems to have some awareness of his FS ad, which is becoming rarer and rarer on here nowadays. But it's never distasteful to agree/disagree with something in a forum, no matter the intent you believe is happening in your head.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, did we just invent "downvote shaming"?
It's quite simple. A downvote is a disagreement. It's not a death wish. It's not anyone hoping ill will. It's a disagreement. Plain and simple.
Original price was $8K. Black Arrows are not limited. Also Hobbit (despite how good the code may be) is not in high demand. One recently sold in the northeast for $5900. I know of two LE's that went for sub-$7K. So $8K for a used non-LE, and a title that is taking multi-$1000 hits on the secondary market is going to raise eyebrows. Again, do I wish OP gets hit by a bus? Of course not!!! It's just a freggin vote.
And to call the initial downvote "distasteful" is ridiculous. At the time, I felt it was warranted, and because this is a FORUM, where opinions are not only welcome, but we have a F'ing up/down vote system, I used said system. People shouldn't have to keep running tallies on their votes in the event of future changes (I bet Andrew Heighway still has upvotes for announcing Alien... want to go yell at them too?).
It's not distasteful to disagree with something, and no one should have to be shamed into changing a vote. I personally have removed my downvote because OP seems to have some awareness of his FS ad, which is becoming rarer and rarer on here nowadays. But it's never distasteful to agree/disagree with something in a forum, no matter the intent you believe is happening in your head.

The reason it’s distasteful is because there was no follow up post to go with it. So you do it because of price, but it also might make people think oh maybe this seller is shady or a scam. So yea it is rude to just downvote and provide no context.

#41 5 years ago

The whole point of the vote system is to avoid cluttering a thread with stupid commentary- just make your vote.

#42 5 years ago

Ok, pinsiders are apparently now offended and butthurt with downvotes. Here's the context - your original price way too high... so much that you had to drop it $1000 in under a week, and it's still sitting on the shelf. You're probably going to sell this for ~$6000-6700, and you'll have taken a bath on this purchase, somewhere around the equivalent of paying $35/play. Feel better? Or would the simple disagreement with your original ridiculous price have sufficed so people weren't bogging down your thread? Again, wish you and others I've downvoted no ill will. It was a disagreement. GLWS.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ok, pinsiders are apparently now offended and butthurt with downvotes. Here's the context - your original price way too high... so much that you had to drop it $1000 in under a week, and it's still sitting on the shelf. You're probably going to sell this for ~$6000-6700, and you'll have taken a bath on this purchase, somewhere around the equivalent of paying $35/play. Feel better? Or would the simple disagreement with your original ridiculous price have sufficed so people weren't bogging down your thread? Again, wish you and others I've downvoted no ill will. It was a disagreement. GLWS.

I do feel better yes, as I mentioned. I appreciated the feedback of those who said my price was way too high. I take no offense at downvotes in and of themselves, except in a case like this where context is important. And maybe most people get defensive and upset at someone telling them their price is too high, but I'm not one of those people. I was glad to receive the feedback. It was not ok that people were thinking I was some scammer or shady seller since they just saw downvotes and made up their own context to go with it and then I had to defend myself over that. So here, yes, the context very much matters. In any future threads I make for sale, if you want to downvote it, please tell me why as I'm completely ok with receiving that feedback.

#44 5 years ago

Regardless of what happens in this thread - the word "butthurt" has been used. Flag has been thrown. Now THAT requires a downvote!

#45 5 years ago

elevating the discourse. Gotta love pinside

#46 5 years ago

I want to see proof of this Jesus Tap Dancing Christ thing of which you speak of... That is officially part of my vocabulary starting now.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I want to see proof of this Jesus Tap Dancing Christ thing of which you speak of... That is officially part of my vocabulary starting now.

It's a great saying. I originally heard of it in this CL post, which always makes me laugh when I revisit.

www.craigslist.org link

And um, free bump

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It's a great saying. I originally heard of it in this CL post, which always makes me laugh when I revisit.
www.craigslist.org link
And um, free bump

HAH omg that just made my morning. How have I not seen this before.

#49 5 years ago

I sold a Smaug before the last software upgrade for $6500. It was a beautiful game. I may have kept it for another year or two if I had waited. GLWS

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Just had another pinside user get very upset with me because I downvoted their fs ad. Its an unshopped game that is 1k over pinside's high price. They felt betrayed because I had sold them an unobtanium plastic set at a high price. Not sure how one correlates to the other, we agreed on a price and since selling the set I have not seen any pieces new or used come up so I can't replace it. As for the betrayal it seems having an opinion on here is something not to be voiced.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-hobbit-black-arrow-huo-like-new and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.