0F0C4757-EC34-4847-B7C5-D11BE5B82B36 (resized).jpeg
0E72F4C2-D82D-4E63-A2E4-7030BE6D3711 (resized).jpeg
8EF02AC1-B5FA-4D91-AF20-0DBC9D10DE9B (resized).jpeg
0D4EDCCF-F71E-4708-84C6-FB501962BF2E (resized).jpeg
5440220A-0F05-4F87-B8B5-0D1368C69446 (resized).jpeg
43C227D6-0B28-40A2-920F-120AF3CEDF09 (resized).jpeg
88FEA618-55A4-45C2-BD69-39EEAC683A75 (resized).jpeg
22020C2D-D816-4BE7-A822-CC7DC2CEA14E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pump, pump, pump it up
[quoted image]
There is a sector of pinball that has become a bunch of rich collectors, that like to own and inflate the status symbols of their collections, only to sell them and go on to the next hot thing or game or trend.

So you think that "a bunch of rich collectors" like to own and "inflate" their status symbols of their collection are out to sell them for an inflated price or go on to the next hot thing or trend?
This is coming from the king of "Predator hype"?
Why would a "rich collector" even need to hype this game to flip it for what?...... a $2,000 to $3,000 profit? He's rich so why does he need a couple extra thousand bucks?
It sounds like you're trying to stir shit...... as always.
The fact of the matter is the flippers are gonna flip. That's fine, that's how supply and demand works.

I believe I may be one of those 'rich collectors". I own a TBL and an Alien. Both games are money pits and I believe I am way under water on both games. I love the themes and I don't foresee selling them in the future. Did I mention that they are awesome!!

So yeah...... I'm not hyping them to inflate my status or to sell them and go on to the next hot thing or game trend..... I think the game and the theme speak for themselves and they speak loudly!

JMHO.

QSS

#37 3 years ago

Bitch!!!

QSS

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You and everyone else. Technical problems, lack of parts and Yesterdays News are bringing this Title to sub- 10k levels.
The cool factor is still there, the premium price is not.

Actually my Alien has been rock solid and I've had it for nearly a year. I only had to properly level it and make some small adjustments to get it working 100%. The hard drive on my TBL crashed so I had to replace that but other then that, It's been solid too.
By money pit, I mean both the games cost a ton of money to buy. By the time these games come into Canada and I pay to exchange US dollars into Canadian dollars, you can multiply the initial cost of the game by 1.35 so a $12,500 TBL is now $16,875 Canadian. Now you gotta pay Federal GST tax of 5% after the currency exchange and you're at $17,719. A Couple of hundred bucks to get it shipped to me, a couple hundred for a new hard drive and a backup sound board. Plastic protectors and possibly a couple other mods and backup parts for future security and your pushing $19k Canadian. Insanity!!!

Alien is the same kinda money pit, just worse. 2 backup I/O boards, a backup power supply board, a PETG plastic set, a Micro playfield and whoops, there goes another $2.5k Canadian. Add that all to the cost of the game and your at......Damn!

I'm ok with all that. I paid, in Canadian dollars, $2.5k for my WPT, $4.2k for my NIB Family guy, $5k for my sample IJ and $5.5k for my NIB LOTR so in the end it all kinda averages out but make no mistake, Alien and TBL are money pits, but they are AWESOME money pits! I am a big fan of both movies, love the themes and I particularly enjoy the adult content in both games so I'm ok with the cost of these games. How can you beat the call out in TBL "This is what happens when you f#ck a stranger in the ass" or in Alien "How do I get out of this chicken shit outfit". Simply brilliant!

Now don't get me started on the cost my car hobby. After all, carguments are not allow!

QSS

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Agree, in nearly 20 years of collecting, TBL is one of my favorite games. Not gonna put down the other guys, but I wish more manufacturers could catch the magic that is in this game.

......"but I wish more manufactures could catch the magic" you say? TBL is a great movie, has great acting and incredible dialogue. The pin is loyal to the movie with tons of brilliant call outs such as "this is what happens when you f#ck a stranger in the ass". Gold I tell ya, pure gold. If you're a Lebowski fan and a pin fan then you'll be in nirvana when you play this game.
......."but I wish more manufactures could catch the magic" and yet we are given Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a heavily watered down Dead Pool game, and Munsters for f#ck sakes. How about a few more adult orientated games!?

I am a 51 year old grumpy old man and I am am the in the WHEELHOUSE demographic target market of people who has CASH to spend on new games and in the past 3 years I've only spent money 2 games that just happen to have an adult theme with adult content. TBL and Alien.

Maybe, just maybe, one single edgy, courageous manufacturer could put on their big boy pants and for the love of god, give us some adult themed games. How about a Quentin Tarantino themed pin? I hear some of those movies are ok and would make a good pin and wouldn't suck like........ I don't know.......a WWE pin!

QSS

#77 3 years ago

Oh yeah..... congrats Zach on your pending sale. Sorry for my rant..... again.

QSS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuickSilverShelby.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-w-extras?tu=QuickSilverShelby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.