0F0C4757-EC34-4847-B7C5-D11BE5B82B36 (resized).jpeg
0E72F4C2-D82D-4E63-A2E4-7030BE6D3711 (resized).jpeg
8EF02AC1-B5FA-4D91-AF20-0DBC9D10DE9B (resized).jpeg
0D4EDCCF-F71E-4708-84C6-FB501962BF2E (resized).jpeg
5440220A-0F05-4F87-B8B5-0D1368C69446 (resized).jpeg
43C227D6-0B28-40A2-920F-120AF3CEDF09 (resized).jpeg
88FEA618-55A4-45C2-BD69-39EEAC683A75 (resized).jpeg
22020C2D-D816-4BE7-A822-CC7DC2CEA14E (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You and everyone else. Technical problems, lack of parts and Yesterdays News are bringing this Title to sub- 10k levels.
The cool factor is still there, the premium price is not.

Actually my Alien has been rock solid and I've had it for nearly a year. I only had to properly level it and make some small adjustments to get it working 100%. The hard drive on my TBL crashed so I had to replace that but other then that, It's been solid too.
By money pit, I mean both the games cost a ton of money to buy. By the time these games come into Canada and I pay to exchange US dollars into Canadian dollars, you can multiply the initial cost of the game by 1.35 so a $12,500 TBL is now $16,875 Canadian. Now you gotta pay Federal GST tax of 5% after the currency exchange and you're at $17,719. A Couple of hundred bucks to get it shipped to me, a couple hundred for a new hard drive and a backup sound board. Plastic protectors and possibly a couple other mods and backup parts for future security and your pushing $19k Canadian. Insanity!!!

Alien is the same kinda money pit, just worse. 2 backup I/O boards, a backup power supply board, a PETG plastic set, a Micro playfield and whoops, there goes another $2.5k Canadian. Add that all to the cost of the game and your at......Damn!

I'm ok with all that. I paid, in Canadian dollars, $2.5k for my WPT, $4.2k for my NIB Family guy, $5k for my sample IJ and $5.5k for my NIB LOTR so in the end it all kinda averages out but make no mistake, Alien and TBL are money pits, but they are AWESOME money pits! I am a big fan of both movies, love the themes and I particularly enjoy the adult content in both games so I'm ok with the cost of these games. How can you beat the call out in TBL "This is what happens when you f#ck a stranger in the ass" or in Alien "How do I get out of this chicken shit outfit". Simply brilliant!

Now don't get me started on the cost my car hobby. After all, carguments are not allow!

QSS

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yeah you have no idea what your talking about! Had both games and haven't had any more issues than any other game!

Every Lebowski owner says this yet I’ve never managed to find and play one that actually works.

Game is garbage and the ultimate sign of the empty, pointless decadence of the high-end pinball collector cult. Along with Alien of course.

I have no idea why people are lining up to pay 5 figures for one of these boat anchors. Well I have some idea actually but it’s too depressing to really think about. I have to go hug one of my awesome $500 EMs now to rid myself of such thoughts and avoid the stench of decay coming from the very top of this hobby.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every Lebowski owner says this yet I’ve never managed to find and play one that actually works.
Game is garbage and the ultimate sign of the empty decadence of the high-end pinball collector cult. Along with Alien of course.

Wow - you must be the expert here - NOT.

Every pinball can be a money pit OR breakdown. I have had so many of these from all manufacturers. Let’s not get started on quality issues lately like playfields! All these games are mechanical - they will break.

Not sure where you live but these games are no different than the rest. If you love the theme buy them, if not find a theme you love.

By the way those old EMs never register, score or keep track of players right. Unless you constantly are playing and tweaking those electro- mechanical wheels! But heck for $500 it makes you feel better than that’s what is for you!

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Wow - you must be the expert here - NOT.

See, this just hurts.

You get my hopes up by praising my 20 years of experience in pinball maintenance and refurbishment, I puff out my chest and start feeling confident...and then...BAM!

You hit me with he “not” and it all comes crumbling down, sending me into an emotional tailspin!

You know, words hurt. And just because you are within your rights to recycle some tired 30 year old Wayne’s World bit, it doesn’t give you the right to be so cruel to your fellow man.

I mean...AS IF!! Sure, you are really cool.

And monkeys might fly out of my butt!!!!!

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

See, this just hurts.
You get my hopes up by praising my 20 years of experience in pinball maintenance and refurbishment, I puff out my chest and start feeling confident...and then...BAM!
You hit me with he “not” and it all comes crumbling down, sending me into an emotional tailspin!
You know, words hurt. And just because you are within your rights to recycle some tired 30 year old Wayne’s World bit, it doesn’t give you the right to be so cruel to your fellow man.
I mean...AS IF!! Sure, you are really cool.
And monkeys might fly out of my butt!!!!!

Nice!

LOL

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Sorry but nice try. I don’t own a Big Lebowski anymore.
I never updated my collection. I’ve been working.
It’s sad that you sift through people’s collections and take photos.
it’s also sad how you define “a sector in pinball” as “rich collectors”.
I love you Whysnow but you sure can be a rough critic sometimes.
When I get a Hot Wheels, I’ll let you know if it’s any good.
TBL is a really fun game. Theme integration is off the charts. When the parts and license runs out, value is going to jump again imho.

since hilton outed your collection. I have to say, nice diversity in your collection. Love seeing lots of different things in peoples collections. Kudos to you on a nice lineup.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You and everyone else. Technical problems, lack of parts and Yesterdays News are bringing this Title to sub- 10k levels.

When can we expect to see these sub-$10k Lebowskis? I need to set a calendar reminder to pick one up at that price.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not gonna lie, every TBL I have played has shit the bed in the middle of a game or right after I get done playing.

I remember the thrill of finally getting to try the bowling alley toy only for it to completely not respond. I was very, very bummed.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Not gonna lie, every TBL I have played has shit the bed in the middle of a game or right after I get done playing.
I remember the thrill of finally getting to try the bowling alley toy only for it to completely not respond. I was very, very bummed.

FYI they have come long way since the first 40 which had bugs - code and mechanical.

New ones are more like tweaking my ghostbusters. Once dialed in they are pretty darn good. Only thing they need is some more code polish. They have done some code in last 6 months but needs a bit more, but then again look at Munsters or other games.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Game is garbage and the ultimate sign of the empty, pointless decadence of the high-end pinball collector cult. Along with Alien of course.
I have no idea why people are lining up to pay 5 figures for one of these boat anchors. Well I have some idea actually but it’s too depressing to really think about. I have to go hug one of my awesome $500 EMs now to rid myself of such thoughts and avoid the stench of decay coming from the very top of this hobby.

I think you are mistaking where the stench of decay is coming from if you get my drift. Lol

Alien is awesome! If I ever have a problem I’ll fly you down to fix it for me

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think you are mistaking where the stench of decay is coming from if you get my drift. Lol
Alien is awesome! If I ever have a problem I’ll fly you down to fix it for me

I would have to decline! I don’t work on homemade amateur-built and designed shit boxes!

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would have to decline! I don’t work on homemade shit boxes!

Well what do you work on if you don’t work on JJP, Stern, etc machines?

#64 3 years ago

if you like working on games, this is the title to get.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Well what do you work on if you don’t work on JJP, Stern, etc machines?

$500 EMs

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would have to decline! I don’t work on homemade amateur-built and designed shit boxes!

your arrogance and attitude resembles your statement IMO...

#67 3 years ago

Let’s get back on topic and help Zach sell his TBL!

#68 3 years ago

Zach is a good egg.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

FYI they have come long way since the first 40 which had bugs - code and mechanical.
New ones are more like tweaking my ghostbusters. Once dialed in they are pretty darn good. Only thing they need is some more code polish. They have done some code in last 6 months but needs a bit more, but then again look at Munsters or other games.

Being a TBL owner for like six months without any issues besides some usual tweaking I can confirm the above.

So a new owner of zach’s TBL doesn’t need to worry. Buy with confidence.

Hope that Zach will finish his video review on TBL prior to the sales however.

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I don't think this qualifies as a formal "review" but this is a really good and recent stream Zach did.

Its hands down one of the best if not the best games of the last 10 years in pretty much every category.

I finally got around to watching some of the Stream last night . The game looks really good and so much in it .

#71 3 years ago

Best screen format of the post DMD era IMO. Wish this was the default.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

actually any discussion on any FS thread, helps sell it. Keeps it at the top. I love it when people get in an argument on one of my FS threads. game sells fast that way.

#73 3 years ago

The Big Lebowski is a work of art!

#74 3 years ago

Agree, in nearly 20 years of collecting, TBL is one of my favorite games. Not gonna put down the other guys, but I wish more manufacturers could catch the magic that is in this game.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Has been sale pending for several days now.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Agree, in nearly 20 years of collecting, TBL is one of my favorite games. Not gonna put down the other guys, but I wish more manufacturers could catch the magic that is in this game.

......"but I wish more manufactures could catch the magic" you say? TBL is a great movie, has great acting and incredible dialogue. The pin is loyal to the movie with tons of brilliant call outs such as "this is what happens when you f#ck a stranger in the ass". Gold I tell ya, pure gold. If you're a Lebowski fan and a pin fan then you'll be in nirvana when you play this game.
......."but I wish more manufactures could catch the magic" and yet we are given Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a heavily watered down Dead Pool game, and Munsters for f#ck sakes. How about a few more adult orientated games!?

I am a 51 year old grumpy old man and I am am the in the WHEELHOUSE demographic target market of people who has CASH to spend on new games and in the past 3 years I've only spent money 2 games that just happen to have an adult theme with adult content. TBL and Alien.

Maybe, just maybe, one single edgy, courageous manufacturer could put on their big boy pants and for the love of god, give us some adult themed games. How about a Quentin Tarantino themed pin? I hear some of those movies are ok and would make a good pin and wouldn't suck like........ I don't know.......a WWE pin!

QSS

#77 3 years ago

Oh yeah..... congrats Zach on your pending sale. Sorry for my rant..... again.

QSS

#78 3 years ago

Man this has been sale pending forever....the buyer must have took a Greyhound bus to come get it.....in the meantime free pumping for Zach.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 22.50
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-w-extras/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.