2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 6,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: The Big Lebowski #93

Added: April 3rd, 2017 Ended: April 4th, 2017
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Item description

Ok, everyone knows the production of this game has been halted. According to Dutch Pinball they plan to bring legal action and finish the production of these machines. I'm not willing to wait any longer and there are others who have a stronger stomach for speculation. This game is paid in full $8500 and is an early achievers edition, complete with rug and chrome, etc. I can only assume that when/if the game is produced it will be worth way more than the $8500 - I'm just not willing to gamble.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Plain City, OH, US

Seller insights

These are Euchrid's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Euchrid's stats page

#2 2 years ago

Sad to see this. Good luck with your sale.

#3 2 years ago

Kind of sad. Kind of wonder if insurance companies would sell failure to deliver insurance for pinballs.

#4 2 years ago

glad I'm broke cause this is tempting

GLWS

#5 2 years ago

Great seller here.

#6 2 years ago

Fair price I think. For someone willing to take the risk. Isn't there a science to working out risk? There's probably an exact price these places should sell for.

Edit: An actuarian. Surely there's an actuarian on Pinside.

#7 2 years ago

Very solid deal considering these are 10k now, even with the risk. UG, I just got my refund from CT. Somebody please snag this up so I can stop thinking about it! It has to be gone by now right?

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Kind of sad. Kind of wonder if insurance companies would sell failure to deliver insurance for pinballs.

This is not offered through any insurance company in the US.

if at one time it was offered that company is now bankrupt.

#9 2 years ago

losing on predator makes me afriad to take chances - i played the game and really liked it. so tempting - give the op credit to be willing to take a loss to pass the risk on to somebody else. thanks ed

#10 2 years ago

Ok, after some emails and talks from folks, my hope is renewed that I will receive this game. I've decided to hold on to my spot. Thanks to all who pm'd me with info and apologies to all for creating a roller coaster - it was not my intention.

Here's to hope getting TBLs back on the production line!

#11 2 years ago

Good luck Euchrid! Keep the faith! It'll be that much more rewarding when you finally get the game!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Isn't there a science to working out risk? There's probably an exact price these places should sell for.

You can kind of estimate "fair value", but it requires some guess work: there's still quite a few unknowns, so there's a lot of speculation on the probability of delivery. But at current price of $9500, this suggests about 68% chance of delivery. If you think it's better, you might consider this a deal!

#13 2 years ago

I guess even at #93 it wouldn't be one of the ones sitting in a box at ARA. Which I do not believe is even a proven fact.

So your gonna bail. Nothing wrong with that.

I am sure one of those wealthy gambling types will snatch this up.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Ok, after some emails and talks from folks, my hope is renewed that I will receive this game. I've decided to hold on to my spot. Thanks to all who pm'd me with info and apologies to all for creating a roller coaster - it was not my intention.
Here's to hope getting TBLs back on the production line!

You going to change title to no longer available?

#15 2 years ago

This is not directed at the OP, just observations on the market.
Actually, not everybody does know what is going on with DP, in fact, only pre order buyers, and a very small percentage of pinball owners and enthusiasts.

For a person such as myself who constantly evaluates the market, there are indications as I see more and more people who want to sell machine "slots" for games that do not exist, even at reduced rates. Even if potential owners like the real stock market, this is not an industry that is attenuable for such actions in the long term. A person outside this small niche hobby, would think a person is insane.

Essentially, it is like a job recruiter "shark" (pinball manufacturer), a person is selling an idea to "buyer-in" (pinball enthusiast), and profiting (salary %) from convincing a person it was a good idea for your future on a job said person knows nothing about (due to lack of experience and overly enthusiastic).
Now, a same said person is trying to pass this same decision of judgement to another (who has to be an even less experienced and knowledgeable, but overly enthusiastic buyer banking on not knowing what might happen), but does not have an market experience or even any real form of justification to try and convince the next person it was a good idea in the first place, in order to get his money (or part of his money) back.

This is not even a timeshare, as at least you get something for your money.
A person new to this hobby, can see if they were looking into this fishbowl, they might be confused, even baffled at this for sale post.
It makes pinball manufacturers look like con artists, and pinball enthusiasts look like fools.
A terrible combination for the market overall.

Wealthy gamblers don't buy pinball machines, and gamble in much more lucrative pursuits that actually provide substantial gains.
People do not get rich selling pinball machines, ask any dealer who still remains after 30 years or more, which are only a few.
In essence, "table flipping" is starting to come to a close, as NIB games (except specific titles) sales slow down, for many new buyers.
It really did not last that long to begin with overall, just a trend of attack from the old "box and run" days that started all the way back in the 1980s.

There will always be exceptions to the 1000-1500 hard core collectors out there around the world either with limited editions, or special "super deluxe" games. Even the lastest MG flop, is seizing up faster than I expected, as the game just is not getting resold for 3-4X its original cost, yet some believed immediately it could sell readily and repeatedly for over $30K.

OP, I do hope you get your game, and perhaps learned from this experience whatever the outcome.
Pinball is not about the value of title, but the premise of entertainment.
Those people (not necessarily you), need to move on, before they have to learn this lesson themselves.

History has been repeated quite a few times in the past 6 years, little learned by some, but has a few more new companies to fail before it is over for both new buyers and the manufacturers.
The year of 2017 will be a time of less manufacturers, not more.

#16 2 years ago

Any pics of the shooter lane?

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside