618BC0A0-75B7-45F8-A32B-E84DEBC328D9 (resized).jpeg
7E427428-6544-42E2-82F6-0BA70EF03CC7 (resized).jpeg
CA28EA17-39D2-496E-A62D-A99FDDBA42D2 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
23A5FA5A-EC9B-466E-A0C4-A2E755ED8CBD (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
9C59D6A5-12A0-4DA1-9A8A-F4BB08114FC2 (resized).jpeg
4FF39F12-A081-4863-8D46-0DD7E527A12B.gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The rug brings the whole game together, Man. To think, I had this game paid for and my wife threw a fit and I got a refund.

Should have brushed her under the rug man !

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

It means I wanna buy a Big Lebowski.
It means I will pay money for one.
It means I will NOT pay money for one unless it is already built and ready to ship.
It means: if there wasn't the prepay cluster f#ck from years past we wouldn't be discussing this in somebody's for sale ad.
It means we need to get a life.
QSS

Well it looks like this one is built and ready to ship.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Well it looks like this one is built and ready to ship.

It certainly is. I'm not saying it's not worth $21,000. I'm just saying that I am not prepared to step up to this price point and this comes from a guy who just coughed up a kidney for Alien.

QSS

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Ah ha. Well, my NIB TBL (#59) has supposedly been sitting in the Netherlands for more than two years now. If you can wrangle it away from ARA, I'll sell it to you.

Sounds good. Hopefully the court case gets sorted out this month and the 50 hostages get released. Then we can talk.

QSS

#55 5 years ago

So, not to hijack this guys post but what the hell happened to this company? They were to the point of putting them in boxes and they just shut down keeping everyone's money.

#56 5 years ago

To much happened to explain in this thread. Here is the thread it is most discussed in:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club

#57 5 years ago

I have not kept up with details but sounds like there was a dispute over money with the company manufacturing the pins. Sounded like there was a bunch of pins produced that were being held as ransom. DP went into legal battles and basically ran out of money. Think they were pursuing getting pins made in China but not sure about that.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I have not kept up with details but sounds like there was a dispute over money with the company manufacturing the pins. Sounded like there was a bunch of pins produced that were being held as ransom. DP went into legal battles and basically ran out of money. Think they were pursuing getting pins made in China but not sure about that.

Close enough. Legal case between ARA (contract manufacturer) and Dutch Pinball is currently awaiting decision by a judge in The Netherlands courts. Supposedly decision is expected this month, but you never know on this roller coaster and Dutch hasn't communicated a word in 3 months now. What will happen after verdict is rendered is also up in the air, either way, due to potential license legalities and Dutch assumed to be out of $ among other variables.

#59 5 years ago

How is the pin? I’ve never played one yet.

#60 5 years ago

the game is very fun and plays well, but the one i played for 45 mins straight at the show worked good, however before I got to it, the game kept having issues resetting and stopping mid game. my time on it was very good player with a lot to shoot at

#61 5 years ago

I should add this is the only one I’ve ever seen as well. The price may be high but you are not gonna find many of these so I get it based on where nib games are selling today.
I’m sure someone will buy it

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How is the pin? I’ve never played one yet.

The game is amazing. Plays very well, amazing design, perfect theme integration...one of the best ever...so sad the project is dead. OR is it? Do we really know? I wish Dutch would just come out and admit the thing is dead OR sell off the IP to someone who can build it and get this back on track once this court case is decided this month. The struggle here is that today, sure, this machine is "worth" 21k...if DP somehow survives or someone else builds these, the value of these older original machines drops by 50%. not worth the risk unless you are ok losing 10k on resale. Its a huge gamble because on the other hand, if the project remains dead...this machine could be worth well north of 21k in time long term....for now its only for those with the tolerance to bear a lot of risk and those with tons of expendable cash.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

strong rumor that there will be more made by a new company...

If so, here’s comes the down part of the roller coaster.

#64 5 years ago

What’s the status of software? The programmer is long gone and I can’t foresee it getting revised. Rumor was initial code needed much TLC and polish. What version is in the game and is anything blatantly missing?

#65 5 years ago
count.jpgcount.jpg
#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

...if the project remains dead...this machine could be worth well north of 21k in time long term....for now its only for those with the tolerance to bear a lot of risk and those with tons of expendable cash.

They’re already worth nearly that to the right buyer.

#67 5 years ago

Then there’s always the licensing issues. By the time the mess is straightened out, will the license transfer. Unlikely. More likely it expire.

#68 5 years ago

can I get another photo of the rug?

#69 5 years ago

I've played this particular machine a couple of times and can vouch for the seller. He has bought several games from me, and I have bought several from him as well.

Extremely trusted seller, if you have the funds this game is super nice.

I'm tempted beyond belief

Steve

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from scheiny:

I'm tempted beyond belief
Steve

Go for it!

1 month later
#71 5 years ago

Does anyone know what’s up with this sale? It’s shown “pending” for weeks and I get no reaponse via PM.

#72 5 years ago

This add was his first post. He hasn’t been on since March 7th.

Quoted from captainBR:

Does anyone know what’s up with this sale? It’s shown “pending” for weeks and I get no reaponse via PM.

#73 5 years ago

He sold his game to the Museum of Pinball in Banning.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

He sold his game to the Museum of Pinball in Banning.

New shit has come to light! This is great news, hope it will be on the floor there this weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-8/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.