Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 43 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7898F62C-C73E-4C5D-AA8D-C0E1A86D9A3B (resized).png
219DDFBD-BF34-4FDF-B301-E8C9AFF0E346 (resized).jpeg
11b0770b01e09fe4962a0fbda365102a copy (resized).jpg
IMG_0441 (resized).JPG
IMG_0440 (resized).JPG
IMG_0438 (resized).JPG
IMG_0437 (resized).PNG
Bunny Lebowski Pinball Bump (resized).png
20180709_054350 (resized).jpg
20180701_071307 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
79DBD8B0-8801-4291-85E9-C0897044315F (resized).jpeg
585860EF-FF76-4BE5-BEBE-79E6F6D4FFED (resized).jpeg
A2A7A246-D043-43BE-867C-02F979FD6C34 (resized).jpeg
20180711_133552 (resized).jpg
02517D23-5874-4B56-A343-9D4D850E38B0.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 9 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Since TBL is sold, and all anybody cared about was Loch Ness Monster anyways, Mike Engle posted some pics eight years ago when he sold it. You might need to sign on or create an account at Yahoo, but these are worth the effort. I'd rather buy TBL for $21k than pay $$$ for LNM.
https://flickr.com/photos/98582453@N00/sets/72157623120392373

I already uploaded around 80 of the private photos to PinSide about two years ago

#252 9 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I already uploaded around 80 of the private photos to PinSide about two years ago

Cool got a link?

#253 9 months ago

That's real nice calling his buyer a sucker. Real classy.

#254 9 months ago

Just do a game search for LNM on PinSide.
There are 86 photos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/loch-ness-monster/gallery

#255 9 months ago

Funny how this TBL thread morphed to LNM!

#256 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I apologize if my message came off as snooty in any way. I'm not a gifted writer and I am prone to making mistakes.
Again, my sincere apology but none of that was intended.
Kim

You’re putting your gaffe on the fact that you’re not a gifted writer and prune to making mistakes? Please, what a cop out. You knew exactly what you were writing, you just didn’t like the responses. Just say it for what it is. I’m sure you’ll come back with a snide comment, just as long as you don’t make it “gifted” in any way.

#257 9 months ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

You’re putting your gaffe on the fact that you’re not a gifted writer and prune to making mistakes? Please, what a cop out. You knew exactly what you were writing, you just didn’t like the responses. Just say it for what it is. I’m sure you’ll come back with a snide comment, just as long as you don’t make it “gifted” in any way.

Why gotta stir shit up?

These guys hashed this out like a week ago.

#258 9 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Funny how this TBL thread morphed to LNM!

not the intention just thought it might bump the thread around and increase the exposer.

#259 9 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

not the intention just thought it might bump the thread around and increase the exposer.

Seems to have worked, you should ask for a commission

#260 9 months ago

It took you six days to compose that reply? You've been stewing over this for nearly a week and this is your third attempt to attack me?
I'm sorry I've outwitted you with my comments in the past but you really need to get over yourself.

#261 9 months ago

I can get one right now for 13k, still too much!

#262 9 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

You should snap it up before the current owner figures out market price is $20k. If you don't want it, please send me the details. I'd drive to Missouri for a deal like that.

#263 9 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

So why dont you buy it and sell it for 20k. I guess you dont like money?

#264 9 months ago

You’re putting your gaffe on the fact that you’re not a gifted writer and prune to making mistakes?

Quoted from Mr68:

It took you six days to compose that reply? You've been stewing over this for nearly a week and this is your third attempt to attack me? I'm sorry I've outwitted you with my comments in the past but you really need to get over yourself.

Plus he called you a prune. Things are getting ugly.

#265 9 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

LNM just doesn't look very interesting.

It's not, the gameplay isn't anything special, it's purely the rarity of it.

#266 9 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not, the gameplay isn't anything special, it's purely the rarity of it.

So it's like BBB

#267 9 months ago
Quoted from BoJo:

So it's like BBB

Or Alien
EDIT: Or TBL from what I hear

#268 9 months ago

Eh, I think BBB is a fun game. One of the original BBB is in the same collection as this Loch Ness, I can tell you which I've put more time on.

#269 9 months ago

So PinLawyer, I don't know how many details you're willing to share, but given all the free bumps and promotions from all of the handy helpful Pinsiders, along with some great debates and a few ejections, can you say at least if the sale came from Pinside and from linking your ad to a thread? Was Pinside helpful? Or was the sale not connected to Pinside at all?

#270 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TBL from what I hear

A machine that has you take a break so you can watch some video clips.

#271 9 months ago

The sale was connected to Pinside, yes.

#272 9 months ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

The sale was connected to Pinside, yes.

on a scale of 1 (completely unsatisfied) and 10 (completely satisfied) how would you describe your TBL-sale pending experience?

#273 9 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

on a scale of 1 (completely unsatisfied) and 10 (completely satisfied) how would you describe your TBL-sale pending experience?

I was thinking on a scale of 1 and 21,000.

#274 9 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems to have worked, you should ask for a commission

Heck we are all brothers on here. I am sure he would return the favor if I had a for sale thread. I am just glad he got a buyer and now it sounds like others are lining up!

#275 9 months ago

Congrats on the sale pending, Greg! I hope these get made again one day (although seems unlikely) as I would love to play one and potentially own one someday!

#276 9 months ago
Quoted from taimaster2005:

Congrats on the sale pending, Greg! I hope these get made again one day

Well that would really fuck the guy who just dropped $21,000 buying Greg's game.

#277 9 months ago
Quoted from Skeets:

Because i dont believe somebody else will pay that for it, honestly

#278 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Well that would really fuck the guy who just dropped $21,000 buying Greg's game.

I don't see how as he obviously had the extra $21,000 or whatever to spend.

Also it wouldn't be the first time a game that was fetching more than it cost new got remade. And that knowledge is well out there.

Pinball should only be considered an investment if it is to be used what it was made for. Making money the old fashioned way. Earning coin drop. Otherwise it's just a luxury item.

#279 9 months ago

Ok, i have one ill sell for 18k contact me and ill go pick it up!!!

#280 9 months ago

So, look, if everything being reported on this thread is accurate, the take away is that if you're one of these "$20k walking around money in your front pocket" dudes, or better yet, you regularly drop $100k on annual hunting trips, AND you want a Big Lebowsky pinball machine, don't bother waiting for one to go up for sale. Just reach out to any number of current owners and offer the new going rate, and you'll easily have one by the weekend. Probably can get free shipping!

#281 9 months ago

That’s cheap price for TBL just risky with no support if anything goes bad on it.

By the way Look at what Supreme does,omg
Plenty of people with plenty of play money to spend.
All comes down to income and passion

#282 9 months ago
Quoted from rvdv:

By the way Look at what Supreme does,omg
Plenty of people with plenty of play money to spend.
All comes down to income and passion

It alll comes down to wealth and how one determines prestige.

Exact same thing as modern art. It's what it represents, not what it is.

#283 9 months ago
Quoted from Skeets:

219DDFBD-BF34-4FDF-B301-E8C9AFF0E346 (resized).jpeg
#284 9 months ago

7898F62C-C73E-4C5D-AA8D-C0E1A86D9A3B (resized).png
#285 9 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Exact same thing as modern art. It's what it represents, not what it is.

In a lot of ways I agree with this statement. I have finally discovered what really attracts me to a particular game to want to spend more than others to obtain it. (to have a near perfect example) I had to have a collection of 17 games to figure which ones were special to me and which ones I could let go of.
The artwork (the colors used, the theme of the artwork, playfield and cabinet) The sounds it makes (general theme, call outs, noises) The toys (bash toy, magnets, interactive video) That cool thing that only this game can do, and Game Play/Rules. But most of all I have found that I really need Humor in the general theme of the game. Serious titles just don't have the staying power with me. Don't get me wrong, they are fun to play. I just don't need to own them. Good example: TZ, TOM, STTNG... The exception (and there is always the exception) TOTAN.

#286 9 months ago

Would love to have it in my line up
Still have deposit with CT
But 21k I just cant pull the trigger
Who knows ? It could be 40K next year

Enjoy that game its beautiful

#287 9 months ago

That's some collection you have assembled there whitey

#288 9 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Would love to have it in my line up

Yep - know that feeling well. Goin' into 5th year now of being DP'd.

#289 9 months ago

Love this thread, more drama than the Bold and the Beautiful

#290 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

...more drama than the Bold and the Beautiful

Hasn't been the same since the new Hope arrived.

#291 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hasn't been the same since the new Hope arrived.

She's not as hot as the last Hope.

#292 9 months ago

Yeah B&B doesn't know how to do hot Chicas like Y&R

#293 9 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah B&B doesn't know how to do hot Chicas like Y&R

We don't get Y&R but if we did the wife would be all over it

#294 9 months ago

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. And a fool and his money sums it all up. I personally wanted one and had a deposit, but it didn't work out. If someone can sell and one can buy at this price level than right on.

#295 9 months ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Heck we are all brothers on here. I am sure he would return the favor if I had a for sale thread. I am just glad he got a buyer and now it sounds like others are lining up!

No modern Sterns ever? Your great taste in fine pinballs is now in question. Your life will be enriched once you come over to the dark side, I promise. You'd probably need to narrow your search filter to your favorite five Stern Pinballs and add the bunch to your collection, stat! Think of it as .... an investment. Maybe not but, but you will have $30k of cool new toys. You probably need a $21k TBL too. Your B/W and JJP's will welcome the diversity. Happy ending available for $50k. You'd be much smarter than those dudes buying $65k for a Supreme.

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside