20180709_054350 (resized).jpg
20180701_071307 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
79DBD8B0-8801-4291-85E9-C0897044315F (resized).jpeg
585860EF-FF76-4BE5-BEBE-79E6F6D4FFED (resized).jpeg
A2A7A246-D043-43BE-867C-02F979FD6C34 (resized).jpeg
20180711_133552 (resized).jpg
02517D23-5874-4B56-A343-9D4D850E38B0.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

Greg, good luck with the sale. Amazing the people that come out of the wood work to comment on high end games. Internet reception is working well in the parents basements of the 25 year old keyboard commandos.

You are def a candidate

Pump and dump

Let’s recap.

Kim sold his TBL for $20k to somebody

Greg says omg, if I can up that by $1k then despite the fact that I love this pin I’ll sell it it some other dope who’s willing to pay it

Congrats. Get it if you can

Am I being a dick? Maybe so. It’s the absolute worst part of this hobby imo

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Ha. After doubting anyone can guarantee a loss, you just guaranteed that no-one will lose (if they love the theme.) Are you saying people that love the theme will not "lose" because, what, their joy for TBL has no price?

I was simply saying if it makes you happy how can you lose? Nothing more. That was not investment advice simply common sense.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’ll sell it it some other dope who’s willing to pay it

What is your point? and why do you care if he sells it for $21K or $2K?

#104 5 years ago

Is the guy who paid 20k on Pinside?

#105 5 years ago

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is the guy who paid 20k on Pinside?

I think he took a month hiatus? Now he's back

My rant is over but i might have a NIB Alien LE for you at the bargain price of $22k.

One more pump and dump bump. GLWS

#107 5 years ago

...nihilist lol

Nihilists 03 79 Topps (resized).jpgNihilists 03 79 Topps (resized).jpg
#108 5 years ago

That rug really ties the room together does it not?

Ho ho. Haven't seen that Big Lebowski quote on a TBL thread before.

Well, actually, maybe once ... or a HUNDRED other times now!

Right up there with being asked if I'm a pinball wizard by non-pinheads, once they learn I'm into pinball. [insert emoticon of shooting oneself in head here]

#109 5 years ago

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

[insert emoticon of shooting oneself in head here]

#111 5 years ago

That'll work too. Thanks.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are def a candidate
Pump and dump
Let’s recap.
Kim sold his TBL for $20k to somebody
Greg says omg, if I can up that by $1k then despite the fact that I love this pin I’ll sell it it some other dope who’s willing to pay it

It's not "maybe so". Lol.
You're okay in my book ICe but in this case I will politely disagree.
the guy took the risk to buy the game late in the game and enjoy it but also with the risk that the game could've gone way down in value if DP had pumped out a few thousand TBLs. But they went belly up and now it's a hot commodity and only getting hotter.
Would you be jumping to his defense in his for sale thread and demand someone pay him what he paid for it if the opposite had happened and the value collapsed? Nope. You'd probably be saying I told you so and calling him the "dope".

Just sounds like your mad at DP for being bogarts. And I don't think it's very cool to call his potential buyers dopes on a for sale thread but that's just like.....my opinion man.
GLWTS!

#113 5 years ago

As an Early Achiever without a game, I don't blame the OP one bit; it is a win-win no matter what.
GLWS, otherwise have fun playing it.

#114 5 years ago

always interesting to me how something like this does not get moderated but iceman got a 3 day boot for just calling out his opinion on the issue and no personal attacks along the way.

#115 5 years ago

There's nothing wrong with asking $20k or more for this title considering it's rarity and the increasing likelihood that no more will ever be built. I would be doing the same thing as would many others. GLWTS.

#116 5 years ago

No pinball machine worth such a price regarding bom, gameplay etc.
That being said, rarety and/or impatience get a price. Everybody is free to do what he wants.
What is the current situation with DP? I admit I did not visit the TLB thread since a long time so if so can resume with one sentence. Thanks by advance.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I said "smart" investment, not "good" investment. It's different.
You need to be more lucky than smart to make money buying a pinball machine

I have been making money buying and selling games for about 12 years now and so have many others. Sure some have been extraordinarily fortunate but some have even made a living at it. Everybody's situation is different. But some "Know When to Hold Em and Know When To Fold Em" Or just "Ride the Wave"
The people that have taken huge risks buying games like TBL should "have their day in sand". It just is a huge shame that all of the people that bought into DP cant cash in...

#119 5 years ago

I was not moderated here, but I do apologize to Iceman--no reason to call him names when he himself admitted "maybe" acting badly. I've actually never met the guy. Maybe I'd like him better in person.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I was not moderated here, but I do apologize to Iceman--no reason to call him names when he himself admitted "maybe" acting badly. I've actually never met the guy. Maybe I'd like him better in person.

I have found that to be the case. In person the majority of pinheads are great people, have interesting stories, tend to be smart and successful, and of course are of similar nerd level to obsess over pinball and like to nerd out with a beer and some games.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have a NIB Alien LE for you at the bargain price of $22k.

I would be very interested in the Alien. Where are you located? Will you ship?

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You got to realize that pinball has become much more than just a "hobby".

#123 5 years ago

Dick move by Ice But we all make mistakes and he seems to have acknowledged the same.

Glws. Market dictates. Everyone else can just keep on walking.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I have been making money buying and selling games for about 12 years now and so have many others. Sure some have been extraordinarily fortunate but some have even made a living at it

Totally agree with all of this. I've made money on some games too. But people who pay $21,000 will have a tough time making a living at it.

Quoted from whthrs166:

The people that have taken huge risks buying games like TBL should "have their day in sand". It just is a huge shame that all of the people that bought into DP cant cash in...

I have no problem that the OP is taking advantage of his good fortune that DP failed.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

As an Early Achiever without a game, I don't blame the OP one bit; it is a win-win no matter what.
GLWS, otherwise have fun playing it.

Same here, i would only be a buyer if someone was willing to take these crazy prices and subtract my loss which will never happen. Just not right to take 2 giant hits on a pinball which I could live without. I really want one too.

#126 5 years ago

At shows, pinball gatherings and right here on Pinside, I continually hear people bragging about the bargain they got on buying a game or the profit they made in selling. Extremely common on Pinside is people defending or promoting values on the titles they personally own.

Recognized or not, profit or the desire of profit is a significant part of our hobby and most everybody attempts it. The problem becomes when someone hits a home run, makes more money than the other guy and jealousy rears its ugly head. People with no personal involvement feel the need to control how strangers should behave (based on their limitations) and they price police/insult a legitimate sale. What's the next step, are we going to mandate price control.

The OP is selling in the high-end collector’s market which most people are not involved and therefore they do not understand it. Maybe take a step back if this price is beyond your comfort zone and let others be.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People with no personal involvement feel the need to control how strangers should behave

Nobody's controlling anyone's behavior. It's a forum where people are just sharing their opinions. Most have no personal involvement.

One should anticipate there'd be some discussion on this. To avoid it, it's best to avoid posting on the forum.

Quoted from Mr68:

Extremely common on Pinside is people defending or promoting values on the titles they personally own.

For a guy who just sold TBL for $20k, isn't that kind of what you're doing right now?

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

For a guy who just sold TBL for $20k, isn't that kind of what you're doing right now?

I no longer own it. Please read my full quote.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Check that....now, I've been moderated.

#130 5 years ago
This-is-a-Bummer-Man_thumb (resized).jpgThis-is-a-Bummer-Man_thumb (resized).jpg
#131 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Welcome to the club?

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The OP is selling in the high-end collector’s market which most people are not involved and therefore they do not understand it. Maybe take a step back if this price is beyond your comfort zone and let others be.

DING DING DING!!

Best of luck, Greg. There's someone out there.

#133 5 years ago

Thanks Greg as you putting AZ on the map for pinball and having this rare game. Nice to know there is another one in our league to play in case it goes. Best of luck.

#134 5 years ago

I think people in general that list their for sale games on Pinside Forum have courage. It is accepted that when you list a game for sale on PS forum you are going to get scrutinized in all directions( some justified some not) therefor taking a risk. We have to remember there are a great many (God knows how many) of people that just read Pinside never post, so the exposer on the forum is unmeasurably huge. That, in my book, is worth the risk especially for a hot item.

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I think people in general that list their for sale games on Pinside Forum have courage. It is accepted that when you list a game for sale on PS forum you are going to get scrutinized in all directions( some justified some not) therefor taking a risk. We have to remember there are a great many (God knows how many) of people that just read Pinside never post, so the exposer on the forum is unmeasurably huge. That, in my book, is worth the risk especially for a hot item.

If someone wants a game, the opinion of some idiot they've never met isn't going to matter much. I don't think negative chatter really makes a difference in these threads.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If someone wants a game, the opinion of some idiot they've never met isn't going to matter much. I don't think negative chatter really makes a difference in these threads.

I hope your right....

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I live my life one moderation notice to the next...but nowhere near as moded as Whysnow man speeding tickets must bounce off you! lol

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I no longer own it. Please read my full quote.

Yeah, I got that you sold it.

You missed my point.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I live my life one moderation notice to the next...but nowhere near as moded as Whysnow man speeding tickets must bounce off you! lol

My 12 moderations seem measly

#140 5 years ago

Damn. I think this was my third.

#142 5 years ago

I'll give a shot out to the mods, I know there like the gestapo here on pinside but I like them WAY more than the cops! And some of those poor guys should be certified psychologists by now dealing with all the emotional pms-ing going on here! lol

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I think this was my third.

Rookie!

#145 5 years ago

He said it again!

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

If DP finalizes their long painful seemingly inevitable death at this point then this could be a good investment. If they somehow actually get production rolling with Xytech and anyone can get a NIB game with the improved boards for 10k, this would be a terrible investment. As others have said, time will tell...
If Xytech games become a reality and prove to be of same build quality with improved boards, there will be little reason for anyone to seek out any of these originals for anything more than the $8500 they sold for out of the gate.

Considering the original price, don't you think at $21k it's already priced-in that DP is kaput?

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Considering the original price, don't you think at $21k it's already priced-in that DP is kaput?

Yes. That’s “baked in” as they say.

DP is going a go fund me and also trying to get people to send more money on their site for stuff that they will ever ship.

Not sure how you say “tits up” in Dutch, but that’s what they are.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure how you say “tits up” in Dutch, but that’s what they are.

Tieten omhoog

ImmenseFearlessCockatiel.gifImmenseFearlessCockatiel.gif
#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So you’re saying that if people don’t own the high end pins, they should just get the hell out of the way since it’s out of their “comfort zone”. Such a flawed comment. You seem to feel free to interject your commentary on various subjects, and those comments are good for the group to see. At the same time, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen someone post and basically tell people to step back and discontinue giving their opinion. What up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 210.00
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-7/page/3?hl=outlanes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.