Topic Stats

• 125 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

only20k.jpg
Crazy Dutch Bastard (resized).jpg
tumblr_ow7hhokqao1wv9nfpo1_400.gif
dutch (resized).jpg
A1223692-9A11-496E-9DBC-DAEF7CA96C35 (resized).jpeg
RhnnOn6.gif
KIM_STYLE.jpg
A4AD0476-ED08-4171-AD47-6D8980707509 (resized).jpeg
C86E3089-58BA-4605-8DE4-8BB281F80EC4 (resized).jpeg
The-big-lebowski-reunion-animated-gifs-14.gif
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
funny-pictures-peeping-tom (resized).jpg
DSCN3088 (resized).JPG
DSCN2280 (resized).JPG
DSCN2275 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from irobot:

I hope people comment honestly on anything I post on pinside or any other forum.
The whole value of internet forums is that people can be honest instead of being overly polite. Note the word "overly".
You still have the social obligation not to be a rude jerk, or to be pointlessly negative, but the requirement to be excessively polite is reduced. The net result is beneficial.
A lot of online discussion is noise, but sometimes people will say things that you don't like but you should hear anyway for your own benefit.
Classified Ad threads like this one are a grey zone. Normally I would make no comment at all, because I don't have any skin in the game, a sale between two other people is literally none of my business.
But on the other hand, if people are going to play cheerleader for the seller, then I think it's appropriate to balance it out with some commentary.
People seem to feel an obligation to stick their nose in to help the seller, but why doesn't that obligation extend to the buyer?

Guess I understand what your saying regarding forum comments. Regarding a FS add, what you see as cheer leading for the seller is Actually support and assurance to the Seller! As these are Huge purchases often times with people you have Never met that is a seller benefit to know if the individual has a track record of being a shill or a saint. As for constant ridicual and question regarding price I see no value in others input as it is determined by the Buyer and Seller what is fair not an audience of back seat judges. If the game is known to be crap/defective chime in. If you know nothing about This game listed or the seller there is No need for input other than an offer. This thread is a for sale listing not a courtroom to be judged on decision and fairness. Just my opinion.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from irobot:

If the game had a decent production run, say 5 years or whatever, what would the price on a 5 year old game be relative to NIB?
If a NIB game is $10k, what would a 5 year old game be worth? I'm guessing somewhere between $1 to $9,999.
Seriously, what do you think? Obviously you think it would be higher than $7,000.

OK, based on your math and the Thousands of MMr and AFMr games now reproduced how many 6k MM and AFM machines have you found?? How about BBB's? If its not your interest or not in your justification then why speculate on the sellers thread? For me, I Know I love this game and Know what I would pay for it if it popped up even with the risks assumed but that is not something I feel I need to beat this seller with. If you have a price you think is fair shoot him a PM. Worst case you get no reply and move on??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside