C86E3089-58BA-4605-8DE4-8BB281F80EC4 (resized).jpeg
The-big-lebowski-reunion-animated-gifs-14.gif
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
funny-pictures-peeping-tom (resized).jpg
DSCN3088 (resized).JPG
DSCN2280 (resized).JPG
DSCN2275 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: The Big Lebowski

Added: 2018-03-20 18:28:23 UTC • Ended: June 3rd, 2018
Condition: As new - New out of box (first owner)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 20,000

Item description

HUO, single owner and in the condition you would expect from a collectors quality machine. Looks brand new. Documentation will be included to buyer. Everything works and plays mechanically exactly as it should and always has. The only issue I had was some buffering from a loose connection which was fixed by installing the P-ROC kit.

Additional pictures of this exact machine, Achiever #20, are shown on IPDB and photos are credited in my name as photographer.
Link: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=the+big+lebowski&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Please be fully informed of Dutch Pinball's status as a manufacture going forward.

I will wrap and gladly work with your shipper. Last picture in ad shows an example of the cardboard and wrap job I recently did when I sold Big Bang Bar.

Serious people can contact me privately with questions.

Thanks

Item photos

IMG_20171110_103405554 (resized).jpg
DSCN3113 (resized).JPG
DSCN2085 (resized).JPG
DSCN2087 (resized).JPG
DSCN2097 (resized).JPG
DSCN2110 (resized).JPG
DSCN2112 (resized).JPG
DSCN2122 (resized).JPG
DSCN2146 (resized).JPG
DSCN2148 (resized).JPG
DSCN2149 (resized).JPG
DSCN2152 (resized).JPG
DSCN2159 (resized).JPG
DSCN2167 (resized).JPG
DSCN2275 (resized).JPG
DSCN2280 (resized).JPG
DSCN3088 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Mr68's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mr68's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Boulder, CO, US

#2 6 years ago

What a coincidence!

Here I was commenting on the previous ad here on Pinside that it marked the highest asking price I'd ever seen at $16.5K, and not four hours later we have one for $20K!

My goodness!

I don't doubt it's worth it. This is the upper-most echelon of collecting where I do *not* tread.

GLWTS.

#3 6 years ago

Does an eBay 20% code work towards purchase?

#4 6 years ago

Top notch seller - my past game purchases with Kim were very smooth!

Good luck with your sale Dude!

#5 6 years ago

If you get $20K for this, you will certainly be an "achiever".

GLWS

#6 6 years ago

Not trying to troll but what makes this or any other pin worth 20K? I thought Bbb prices were crazy crack high, but then This? Is this a joke or serious?.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Not trying to troll but what makes this or any other pin worth 20K? I thought Bbb prices were crazy crack high, but then This? Is this a joke or serious?.

Highly sought after theme, there are only around 50 in existence, the manufacturer may or may not be able to make anymore.

In fewer words; supply and demand.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Highly sought after theme, there are only around 50 in existence, the manufacturer may or may not be able to make anymore.
In fewer words; supply and demand.

What FlippyD said Super low number of them out there and its a big "if" with the manufacturer.

#9 6 years ago

You knew the comments were coming. GLWS

#10 6 years ago

Kim, would just $19,900 take it home? BUMP to the top!

Brad

#11 6 years ago

How are you going to get to parts for it when it breaks?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

How are you going to get to parts for it when it breaks?

Most pinsiders machines are protected by Factory mylar, JJP protector, hardtop PF cover, 3 coats of wax, and a generous layer of mods so probably be ok.

GLWS

#13 6 years ago

If you're looking for a pristine Lebowski you've found it here. Sad to see it leave the area, @mr68, but I hope you have a bit of fun with the proceeds!

#14 6 years ago

Although I've never played Kim's, I did look at it through the windows on my last Denver trip.
funny-pictures-peeping-tom (resized).jpgfunny-pictures-peeping-tom (resized).jpg
Looks real nice buddy! Good luck!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

If you get $20K for this, you will certainly be an "achiever".
GLWS

He got over 20k for his magic girl so knows how to pick them.

#16 6 years ago

BBB is almost certainly going to be remade and there are way more of them than the 50 or so Big Lebowski. I can't afford either but I think I'd gamble on BL if I could. Either way glws!

1 week later
#17 6 years ago

What is BBB Eric out of curiosity?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Heisman:

What is BBB Eric out of curiosity?

Big bang bar.

#19 6 years ago

Well, if production on The Big Lebowski ever picks up again, and games start pouring out....this game will depreciate enormously.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Here I was commenting on the previous ad here on Pinside that it marked the highest asking price I'd ever seen at $16.5K, and not four hours later we have one for $20K!

He can price it the way he wants to price it.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Big bang bar.

If Planatary remakes BBB and ads color etc the old ones will be worth half if there lucky,just my opinion

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The only issue I had was some buffering from a loose connection which was fixed by installing the P-ROC kit.

What's this P-ROC kit?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Big bang bar.

LOL Game sounds awesome!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

what makes any collector item worth anything ?

what makes a 1970 muscle car worth $250,000 ?

high demand and low supply = high prices

People always think that "greedy sellers" make the prices go up by asking high prices, but that's a silly idea. It takes demand in the form of eager buyers to drive the prices up.

You can ask $200,000,000 for a 1997 Ford Windstar minivan but the buyers are only willing to go $1500.

conversely, if you put your TZ on ebay with a $1 start price, the BUYERS will driver the final price to $7000 or thereabouts.

the more sales there are, the easier it is to figure out the current market value range for an item.

if i was in the market for the game, I would pay the price of one of the "blue chip" pins like TZ, TAF, ToM. Not a penny more.

someone could buy the license and start churning these out for the next 20 years, and then the price would sink

that's my 2 cents

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

He can price it the way he wants to price it.

this game becomes more valuable day by day.

Of course this could change, but I've seen and heard nothing from DP to believe any more games will be produced.

Sorry not sorry.

#26 6 years ago

very fun game, got to play one for about 45 mins at the ohio show. really neat layout and features. a shame they didnt make more to play

#28 6 years ago

I owned this title. Best game out there. I sold it to a collector since there was no way I could keep it in my free play arcade longer than 2 weeks. I would recommend if you have the cash then get it. Its worth every penny. Some people who have 10 games or so in their collection should sell 3-4 games and get this one. You can always buy the other ones back. And by the way. I sold mine for around 14,0000 and had no problem getting rid of it.
Good luck with the sale.

#29 6 years ago

Who knows if the current situation with DP will ever be resolved with the board manufacturer holding the remaining parts hostage. Most small pin companies would have folded under the same circumstances. I had the chance to play one a few times at the Allentown show and it shot very well. Brilliant layout and amazing looking.

#30 6 years ago

Bought a CCC from Kim. Great seller. Great Guy! You couldn't buy a game from a better person.

#31 6 years ago

White Russian BUMP for TBL.

Brad

#32 6 years ago

one in st. louis for 13k, doesn't seem so crazy after seeing this one!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

You knew the comments were coming. GLWS

I hope people comment honestly on anything I post on pinside or any other forum.

The whole value of internet forums is that people can be honest instead of being overly polite. Note the word "overly".

You still have the social obligation not to be a rude jerk, or to be pointlessly negative, but the requirement to be excessively polite is reduced. The net result is beneficial.

A lot of online discussion is noise, but sometimes people will say things that you don't like but you should hear anyway for your own benefit.

Classified Ad threads like this one are a grey zone. Normally I would make no comment at all, because I don't have any skin in the game, a sale between two other people is literally none of my business.

But on the other hand, if people are going to play cheerleader for the seller, then I think it's appropriate to balance it out with some commentary.

People seem to feel an obligation to stick their nose in to help the seller, but why doesn't that obligation extend to the buyer?

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

I hope people comment honestly on anything I post on pinside or any other forum.
The whole value of internet forums is that people can be honest instead of being overly polite. Note the word "overly".
You still have the social obligation not to be a rude jerk, or to be pointlessly negative, but the requirement to be excessively polite is reduced. The net result is beneficial.
A lot of online discussion is noise, but sometimes people will say things that you don't like but you should hear anyway for your own benefit.
Classified Ad threads like this one are a grey zone. Normally I would make no comment at all, because I don't have any skin in the game, a sale between two other people is literally none of my business.
But on the other hand, if people are going to play cheerleader for the seller, then I think it's appropriate to balance it out with some commentary.
People seem to feel an obligation to stick their nose in to help the seller, but why doesn't that obligation extend to the buyer?

Guess I understand what your saying regarding forum comments. Regarding a FS add, what you see as cheer leading for the seller is Actually support and assurance to the Seller! As these are Huge purchases often times with people you have Never met that is a seller benefit to know if the individual has a track record of being a shill or a saint. As for constant ridicual and question regarding price I see no value in others input as it is determined by the Buyer and Seller what is fair not an audience of back seat judges. If the game is known to be crap/defective chime in. If you know nothing about This game listed or the seller there is No need for input other than an offer. This thread is a for sale listing not a courtroom to be judged on decision and fairness. Just my opinion.

#35 6 years ago

I agree. It would have been much better if a separate thread had been started for everyone (including me) to wax poetic about the value of these Big Lebowski games.

Note that there is nothing morally wrong with a seller asking a premium price for any game, he could ask $100k if he wants.

When you're selling something without a lot of pricing data, or something that is highly sought after, the prudent thing is to start high. You can always come down.

That's something you see a lot in other collecting circles, like firearms, coins and stamps. A lot of those things are one-of-a-kind, pricing them is difficult, so the price usually starts high. Unless it's in an auction, the auctioneers will encourage the seller to start low to attract a lot of attention to the sale, so the bidders get excited.

#36 6 years ago

It is good game, but I would be cautious about spare parts. I see one every day in the shop, and it has not worked for over 6 months. No customer service, no support from DP, and very experienced technicians in terms of repair knowledge. Know what you are buying, as these were essentially all prototype games.

The other two local games were pulled into private homes due to fear of malfunction and breakage.

GLWS

#37 6 years ago

I'm not going to comment on whether or not I think the price is too high. Given how rare this pin is, that's for the market to dictate. I will say, however, that Kim is as honest a person as they come in this hobby. Anyone who is potentially interested in this game should feel confident that the game will be as described, and that Kim will do a superb job prepping it for shipping.

I'd also like to point out that I think the game itself is very fun. After playing it a couple times at shows, I wasn't a huge fan, but I recently had the opportunity to put some serious time on one at a friend's house, and I now think it's a pretty amazing game. It certainly has a better layout and rules than any of the other ultra collectible games I can think of.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

if i was in the market for the game, I would pay the price of one of the "blue chip" pins like TZ, TAF, ToM. Not a penny more.
someone could buy the license and start churning these out for the next 20 years, and then the price would sink
that's my 2 cents

If you follow the Lebowski thread, I don't think additional production is anywhere close to assured, though I hope they can somehow pull it off. So buying or selling a Lebowski now is a calculated risk for both the buyer and the seller. It's a beautiful, super-rare game with an A1 theme that's actually fun to play. If DP restarts production and quality out of the new China factory is equivalent to existing games, prices will come down. If DP implodes, prices will likely go up, since anyone buying or selling today will certainly factor in the potential for more games to be made one day.

Regardless, your "blue chip" pin pricing comment is a bit of a head-scratcher. That might be what you're willing to pay, but in what scenario would someone sell you a Lebowski for $6-7k? They're extremely rare now so that'd be a laughable price, but even if DP starts production again they'll be ~$10k NIB. So even in the unlimited production scenario you're asking for a 30-40% discount on a HUO boutique game, which is not realistic. Unless your point was just "I'm not in the market for a Lebowski," in which case fair enough but neither are most of us and probably no need to state it in his FS thread.

I've seen and played this machine and whatever it sells for, the buyer will get a beautiful example of a rare game that has a history of working 100%. A number of owners have had persistent and recurring issues, so a Lebowski that's plugged along without significant problems is worth a premium. And while I've only ever bought a few sheets of PDI glass from @mr68, I can say that he's beyond fastidious in caring for his games, and straight-forward in conducting business. If I were in the high-end game market, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Regardless, your "blue chip" pin pricing comment is a bit of a head-scratcher. That might be what you're willing to pay, but in what scenario would someone sell you a Lebowski for $6-7k? They're extremely rare now so that'd be a laughable price, but even if DP starts production again they'll be ~$10k NIB. So even in the unlimited production scenario you're asking for a 30-40% discount on a HUO boutique game, which is not realistic.

If the game had a decent production run, say 5 years or whatever, what would the price on a 5 year old game be relative to NIB?

If a NIB game is $10k, what would a 5 year old game be worth? I'm guessing somewhere between $1 to $9,999.

Seriously, what do you think? Obviously you think it would be higher than $7,000.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

If the game had a decent production run, say 5 years or whatever, what would the price on a 5 year old game be relative to NIB?
If a NIB game is $10k, what would a 5 year old game be worth? I'm guessing somewhere between $1 to $9,999.
Seriously, what do you think? Obviously you think it would be higher than $7,000.

As for BBB: I consider the 14 Capcom originals to be more valuable than the 191 IPB remakes. And I am probably not the only one...

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

OK, based on your math and the Thousands of MMr and AFMr games now reproduced how many 6k MM and AFM machines have you found?? How about BBB's? If its not your interest or not in your justification then why speculate on the sellers thread? For me, I Know I love this game and Know what I would pay for it if it popped up even with the risks assumed but that is not something I feel I need to beat this seller with. If you have a price you think is fair shoot him a PM. Worst case you get no reply and move on??

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If its not your interest or not in your justification then why speculate on the sellers thread?

Because that's what we ALL do... All the time...

IRobot didn't say anything that negative - he was definitely not "beating the seller"
The high end collector that is going to pay 20K for a game like this will already be aware of the ideas IRobot expressed.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

A number of owners have had persistent and recurring issues, so a Lebowski that's plugged along without significant problems is worth a premium

There is no reason that this game won't have issues after the money's spent.

This game is $20k because it's about pride of ownership and bragging rights, not because it is problem free and unbelievably fun.

You still can't hide the fact that it's just a pinball machine.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK, based on your math and the Thousands of MMr and AFMr games now reproduced how many 6k MM and AFM machines have you found?? How about BBB's? If its not your interest or not in your justification then why speculate on the sellers thread? For me, I Know I love this game and Know what I would pay for it if it popped up even with the risks assumed but that is not something I feel I need to beat this seller with. If you have a price you think is fair shoot him a PM. Worst case you get no reply and move on??

The person who buys this pin is not going to be some beginner who goes down to the local arcade shoppe and pays $4500 for a shopped KISS pinball machine.

The buyer of this game is going to be a high end collector, an expert who is making an investment type purchase.

He will have already seen the 500 page thread on this game, he'll know every little detail about the production situation and he will be aware of the risks and nuances of collecting pinball machines.

I agree that all of this commentary would be better in a separate thread, but none of what I wrote here was malicious or intended to crab the sale.

On a side note, you missed my point. I'm saying that in general, any used item would sell at a discount if new ones are still repeat still being made. Last time I checked, 2017 Mustangs are selling for less than 2018 Mustangs. There's no reason for a collector to pay the same for a used item as brand new. That whole train of thought will not apply to this particular pin unless production is resumed and they churn out a long production run.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You still can't hide the fact that it's just a pinball machine.

I don’t think anyone’s trying to hide anything...

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from irobot:

I agreed with you 100% until you hit this point; there wasn’t any “cheerleading” going on. The praise for the seller’s reliability (absolutely due, FWIW) is absolutely helpful to buyers. “Cheerleading” for the seller would be a negative requiring countermeasures IF the comments were misleading. They were not. While a TBL hasn’t sold for $20k, a number HAVE changed hands at $15k.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

I agreed with you 100% until you hit this point; there wasn’t any “cheerleading” going on. The praise for the seller’s reliability (absolutely due, FWIW) is absolutely helpful to buyers. “Cheerleading” for the seller would be a negative requiring countermeasures IF the comments were misleading. They were not. While a TBL hasn’t sold for $20k, a number HAVE changed hands at $15k.

This thread is a brain teaser.

I wasn't referring to the testimonials about the seller, I was referring to the comment saying that you should sell off your other games to buy this one, because it's the best game ever. Or that there is "no doubt" that the game is worth $20k.

If comments like that are fair game, then I would think that most any reasonable, malice-free opinion would be fair game.

The uniqueness of this game is going to always provoke a lot of comments, but probably all of this commentary would have been better in a separate thread.

#48 5 years ago

Th Dude says this game is worth every penny but that's just like.....my opinion man.
I have no other game that makes me fell as good as this game. It makes me laugh and smile every time.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#49 5 years ago

Just think of it as paying $20,000 for a meet and greet with Kim and getting the pinball for free.

#50 5 years ago

Bump for a good guy. You get what you pay for!

There are 125 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-6?hl=bbhenry2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.