lets-get-ready-to-rumble (resized).jpg
IMG_6151 (resized).JPG
IMG_6147 (resized).JPG
IMG_6146 (resized).JPG
IMG_6145 (resized).JPG
IMG_6142 (resized).JPG
IMG_6144 (resized).JPG
IMG_6143 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Oh well, this isnt even so pricey.

http://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=187687

insane really.

#52 6 years ago

I get the sentiment that $15k+ for any game is nuts. I'll probably never be in that market myself. But think it through. At the moment TBL is a super-rare game with a fantastic theme that is actually pretty fun to play (IMO). If BBB is worth $15-$20k and there are nearly 200 of them, TBL could be significantly underpriced since there are only ~50 of them. Of course DP wants to make hundreds more, but it's not clear whether that will happen.

So what would you ask if you were trying to sell the game? $9k is obviously far too low (since that's what the original buyers paid with shipping, less than new orders would pay today, and this game actually exists whereas the new orders may never materialize). There's just not enough market data to say that $12k is a "fair" price" while $15k or $20k is "insane."

That said, I hope DP gets it together and make a bunch more TBLs. If and when that happens, $15k+ will turn out to have been an "insane" price after all.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I get the sentiment that $15k+ for any game is nuts. I'll probably never be in that market myself. But think it through. At the moment TBL is a super-rare game with a fantastic theme that is actually pretty fun to play (IMO). If BBB is worth $15-$20k and there are nearly 200 of them, TBL could be significantly underpriced since there are only ~50 of them. Of course DP wants to make hundreds more, but it's not clear whether that will happen.
So what would you ask if you were trying to sell the game? $9k is obviously far too low (since that's what the original buyers paid with shipping, less than new orders would pay today, and this game actually exists whereas the new orders may never materialize). There's just not enough market data to say that $12k is a "fair" price" while $15k or $20k is "insane."
That said, I hope DP gets it together and make a bunch more TBLs. If and when that happens, $15k+ will turn out to have been an "insane" price after all.

Agreed Magic Girl is worth $25K+ and the code is unfinished? TBL right now with ALL the uncertainty should be worth considerably more!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Only pinball people would make an argument as to why 15k for a pinball table makes sense but DAMN that's some good logic. I'm in.

#55 6 years ago

Such a rare and desirable machine.

How has this NOT sold yet?!?

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm pretty close but I do love this game so it will be hard to let it go. The hurricane is putting a delay on things for the next few days.

#57 6 years ago

I hope you get what you are asking because you were pretty smart in the way you acquired this game. I've seen many others floundering...

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Because EVERYBODY is speculating on it getting produced looooooooooooooooooooong shooooooooooooooooooot, I never was a gambling man! Two years from now these 50 will fetch insane prices!!! lol

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I never was a gambling man!

Me neither except maybe a friendly game of cards or pinball. I buy what's available when it's available.

My grandma put the curse on me when I was young-

"If you gamble, I hope you lose every cent you've got!!!

#60 6 years ago

What's the water damaged price?

Better put that sucker on blocks and bubble wrap it or 15k will never happen.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Ad listing: For sale: The Big Lebowski

Eggy, what do you mean you have an "excellent rating" selling on Pinside? According to who/what?

I don't doubt that you've bought/sold successfully on Pinside and are an upright guy, I have too, but what is this "rating" you speak of? I reviewed your profile and couldn't find anything.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

but what is this "rating" you speak of? I reviewed your profile and couldn't find anything.

Rating? We don't need no stinking rating!

badges.jpgbadges.jpg

#63 6 years ago

Love this game. They got the theme right and it shoots well. Given its rarity and current price-point I'm tempted to sell mine too, but I just can't talk myself into doing it. GLWTS.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Eggy, what do you mean you have an "excellent rating" selling on Pinside? According to who/what?
I don't doubt that you've bought/sold successfully on Pinside and are an upright guy, I have too, but what is this "rating" you speak of? I reviewed your profile and couldn't find anything.

I have references on both The Village and Pinside is all that is to be inferred here. The reason I put that up is because one guy read "Vid's Guide on How Not to Get Fucked When Buying a Pinball Machine" and freaked out at wiring $16K.

Meanwhile, I wired $14K for my CCC from a reputable member on here, got my game in 7 days, and that was the end of it.

#65 6 years ago

Well, wiring is the only way to do it, unless they show up at your door with cash. And there's plenty of ways to vet people on Pinside, but there's some faith involved too. I shipped out a Spidey and a CSI to active pinsiders that wired their money to me in good faith, but those two together were about half of $16k (!) so I can understand the cold feet.

Good luck on the sale. Definitely rather have a TBL, assuming there's decent code on it, than most of the other games available these days...but not at that price. Too rich for me!

#66 6 years ago

Has there been any code updates lately? When I played it at last years expo, the code seemed unpolished and far from finished.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Has there been any code updates lately? When I played it at last years expo, the code seemed unpolished and far from finished.

Last update was 8/5/16

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Last update was 8/5/16

That's a big red flag. There is no reason DP should stop working on code updates unless they have no money to pay the coders. If that's the case, how do they plan to pay all the costs of redesigning the game and paying the new manufacturers? I don't put much chance on any more of these being built.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That's a big red flag. There is no reason DP should stop working on code updates unless they have no money to pay the coders. If that's the case, how do they plan to pay all the costs of redesigning the game and paying the new manufacturers? I don't put much chance on any more of these being built.

No clue, I know Koen left DP, unclear whose decision that was.

Rumor I heard is they have spoken to a new coder about finishing the game. I think they are more concerned with building the remaining games than code ATM.

#70 6 years ago

It was Koen's own decision to leave DP. This info came to me from both Koen direct as well DP.

Have heard no stories on hiring a new programmer. Think more realistic will be that Koen will make it TBL2.0 compatible and finish it in evening hours? I am also guessing code is more finished as current state as koen was working with DP like 5-6 months after last update prior to leaving DP. He should have done something in that time?

However, all focus is on getting TBL2.0 out the door. If they fail in that all this code talk is useless for everybody except approx 40 owners

#71 6 years ago

$15K for an unfinished game, from a company that may go bankrupt (and not have any replacement parts available for it), by an asshole seller, located in a place about to be hit by one of the worst hurricanes recorded in US history.

It's just a bad sign all around

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

$15K for an unfinished game, from a company that may go bankrupt (and not have any replacement parts available for it), by an asshole seller, located in a place about to be hit by one of the worst hurricanes recorded in US history.
It's just a bad sign all around

Don't pull punches give us your thoughts on the situation.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Because EVERYBODY is speculating on it getting produced looooooooooooooooooooong shooooooooooooooooooot, I never was a gambling man! Two years from now these 50 will fetch insane prices!!! lol

OR two years from now anyone will be able to order one NIB from Cointaker or Nitro for 10k or less and those who paid 15,000 will lose a ton of money in an instant....

That's why this isn't selling. The only buyers for this at that price are buyers who don't care if they lose $5000 instantly if DP actually does get their shit together and the game comes back to life - especially if they are going to exceed the original 300 total machines which they sound like they intend to do. In 5 years this could easily be a 7k-8k game on the used open market...

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

OR two years from now anyone will be able to order one NIB from Cointaker or Nitro for 10k or less...........

Less? not going to happen.

Anyone who thinks this game (built the same, with bowling alley, upper pf, etc) will be selling for LESS than 10k NIB from a distributor needs to pass me that jay.

#75 6 years ago

I don't envy living in your neck of the woods the next few days. Hang in there.

HO_SURGE_WARNING_MO_170908_4x3_992 (resized).jpgHO_SURGE_WARNING_MO_170908_4x3_992 (resized).jpg

HO_IRMA_RAINFALL_MO_170908_4x3_992 (resized).jpgHO_IRMA_RAINFALL_MO_170908_4x3_992 (resized).jpg

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

OR two years from now anyone will be able to order one NIB from Cointaker or Nitro for 10k or less and those who paid 15,000 will lose a ton of money in an instant....
That's why this isn't selling. The only buyers for this at that price are buyers who don't care if they lose $5000 instantly if DP actually does get their shit together and the game comes back to life - especially if they are going to exceed the original 300 total machines which they sound like they intend to do. In 5 years this could easily be a 7k-8k game on the used open market...

Are you still pissed he wouldn't sell it to you for $10k?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-big-lebowski-preorder-club/page/108#post-3818406

There's a huge range of potential future values for this game since it is so uncertain whether more will be made. Expecting a seller to ignore the potential "upside" (DP goes under, no more games are produced and TBL's super-rarity is locked in) is just as silly as expecting a buyer to ignore the potential "downside" (DP makes hundreds more games and HUO prices stabilize relative to NIB).

#77 6 years ago

It's a quality pin made up of cutting edge technology, 15 layer plywood with arguably the best theme on a pinball machine! These first 50 (48 working) are special in there own right being the early achievers package with the carpet and serial numbered on the apron plaque. I think this guy is smart targeting the speculators out there, with all the uncertainty and lack of knowledge about a company that's has been visibly dead for over a year now IF I WERE A GAMBLING MAN my $$$ would be on this pin all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#78 6 years ago

Its not for the people who don't care about loosing 5K, its for the people who DO care about making 15-20K!!!

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

It's a quality pin made up of cutting edge technology, 10 layer plywood with arguably the best theme on a pinball machine! These first 50 (48 working) are special in there own right being the early achievers package with the carpet and serial numbered on the apron plaque. I think this guy is smart targeting the speculators out there, with all the uncertainty and lack of knowledge about a company that's has been visibly dead for over a year now IF I WERE A GAMBLING MAN my $$$ would be on this pin all in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well than gamble away and buy it yourself if you're so confident.
Please describe all this "cutting edge technology" in detail please. I've played one and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Please describe all this "cutting edge technology" in detail please. I've played one and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

DP's new PR guy Jackie Treehorn probably said it best: "The new technology permits us to do very exciting things in interactive erotic software. Wave of the future, Dude. 100% electronic."

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Well than gamble away and buy it yourself if you're so confident.

I'm not even sure where to start from the streamlined design of the boards they almost look like prototype white Atari boards. The computer controlled flippers, and the programming is awesome all the way down to the bowling alley there is nothing wrong with the gameplay!

The cabinet is gorgeous it has 15...yes 15 layered plywood noticeably thicker than a normal pin and highly polished stainless rails and lock down bar that looks almost like chrome.

#82 6 years ago

I'm surprised this hasn't sold yet!

#83 6 years ago

Eggy is probably busy trying not to blow away.....

Quoted from gmkalos:I'm surprised this hasn't sold yet!

#84 6 years ago

I just don't get how he has this game yet if you filter on him in all the TBL threads 1-2 years ago he hated everything about this game. Yet, had to have been in on it the whole time to have one now.. pure profiteering?

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I just don't get how he has this game yet if you filter on him in all the TBL threads 1-2 years ago he hated everything about this game. Yet, had to have been in on it the whole time to have one now.. pure profiteering?

People change.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Eggbert's newfound interest in weed has really taken the edge off.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I have references on both The Village and Pinside is all that is to be inferred here. The reason I put that up is because one guy read "Vid's Guide on How Not to Get Fucked When Buying a Pinball Machine" and freaked out at wiring $16K.
Meanwhile, I wired $14K for my CCC from a reputable member on here, got my game in 7 days, and that was the end of it.

I guess I will defend myself as you have now brought this up twice. I did not "freak out". I am far too calm and have seen far too many real emergencies to "freak out". I was set up to buy this 3 months ago but it fell through because I suggested Escrow.com for the purchase. I had always used Paypal without issue. Wiring is dangerous to the buyer while Paypal is dangerous to the seller. Escrow.com is reasonably safe for both; especially nice for a big sale like this. As seller had no feedback and I had perfect feedback I figured that if anything, we should use something that was a "risk" to him, not me. Notice that in seller's example he wired TO a "reputable seller". That makes sense. He asked me to wire to him with no reputation and after generally unpleasant discussion over the phone that just gave me a bad taste in my mouth. After my suggestion of Escrow.com, seller insisted that I wire the money in a rude way and I didn't feel comfortable with that. We just quit talking after that as I decided not to buy the game from him.

Seriously, how do you say you have an "excellent rating" on Pinside when you have zero feedback?

Having said that, let me be clear: I have no reason or evidence to say that seller is dishonest. His honesty may be intact but his personality leaves much to be desired.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-big-lebowski-3/page/2?hl=procrastinator and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.